#2 When It's Scary To Jump: How to move forward and grow as an artist and in your business.
August 23, 2022
Are you scared to make a decision that will help you move forward? It can be hard to take a leap but sometimes you have to do it if you want to grow into something better.
In today's episode I share my story on how I got to this point in my artistic endeavours and how I'm still learning, growing and making mistakes. I also share 5 key points to help you take action and build confidence.
Remember you're not alone and we all have ups and downs as artists and people.
Here's a glance at this episode:
- [6:00] I had a friend who had just the most amazing radio voice.
You can just imagine those movie trailers, his voice fits perfectly into that style of advertising. He introduced me to the local radio station and some of the people there. And I ended up with this summer job at the local radio station. I actually had my own daily live show. It was called, Believe It Or Else and my radio host name was Heather Hope.
- [10:00] We all have creativity in us. But I feel as though it's been racing through my veins since I was just a small child. And as far back as I can remember, I've always been in love with art and all forms of it. Now, of course, I haven't always been an artist, obviously.
I've had a number of different roles and responsibilities.
- [12:00]I remember sitting down with my husband saying, I need to make a change. I'm very upset. I'm frustrated. And I even went through a small stage of depression. I really felt insignificant. I didn't feel worthy. I kind of felt like I wasn't of benefit to anybody. How was I contributing to my family by not doing anything, which couldn't be anything further from the truth. I was home raising my son being a mother.
- [13:00] I decided to take a small little floral design course. And in my mind, I was going to open up this florist retail shop. I was going to find the perfect building, and I just envisioned myself selling these beautiful floral displays. Well, obviously that did not work out. Things fell apart.
- [00:14:00] an opportunity presented itself from this company that installs crash mats in school, gymnasiums the manager called and said, Hey, you know, we need somebody to come in and create and paint a mascot on a school gym mat. And you know, this individual has moved. And would you like to come in and just do this for us as this one-off project? And I went in not knowing anything.
- [17:00] I do believe there are certain cues or prompts that present themselves. Whether they are ones that come from our inner voice or from something somebody tells us. I think they're light bulb moments that help guide and direct us down the path we're truly meant to take.
- [18:00]I learned a lot about running a business and being a solo entrepreneur. But after 10 years, again, the driving really started to wear me down. It fatigued me, getting in my car and spending several hours at a time driving to and from schools.
- [19:00] it was 2016, at least that is when I first started my own account on the platform. It wasn't initially as an artist, however, it was more of a fitness type account.
And I really thought I was going to move in that direction and I even attempted to self
Listeners save 20% off any of my available online courses with code CREATE at www.taelife.com/learn
(for a limited time!)
Join the newsletter at www.taelife.com
Join the Fused Harmony Waitlist
Find me on Social: