Spiritual Life and Leadership
32. Emotional Resilience and Spiritual Leadership, with Ron Ovitt
April 15, 2019
Ron Ovitt is the President and founder of Empower Ministry, which helps people grow into healthy Christians empowered for ministry in their lives. For Ron, becoming a healthy follower of Jesus involves developing what he calls emotional resilience—the ability to bounce back from painful experiences in our lives. In this episode, Ron explains what emotional resiliance involves and why it is so important for spiritual leadership.
THIS EPISODE’S HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Empower Ministry’s goal is to empower people to overcome their addictions and emotional challenges so they can fully be who they were meant to be.
- Ron Ovitt grew up with a fair amount of anxiety and depression.
- Ron Ovitt studied psychology, which played a part in his emotional healing.
- He discovered that emotional resilience is a key component of the inner healing people need.
- The Five Signs of a Healthy Christian:
- Love Jesus
- Love God’s Word
- Emotional Resilience
- Outwardly Focused
- Emotional resilience refers to the ability to bounce back from painful experiences and return to joy.
- Emotional resilience can be broken down into three parts:
- Emotional recognition
- Emotional regulation
- Emotional relearning
- Ron Ovitt likes to say, “If you embrace it you can erase it.”
- People who struggle emotionally are unable to talk about it at church because of the stigma. The church should be the safest place in the world to talk about emotional struggles.
- Ron Ovitt’s book, Power Up!, is available as a free PDF at www.empowerministry.org/powerup
RELEVANT RESOURCES AND LINKS
Power Up! free PDF:
- Ron Ovitt
- Empower Ministry:
- Books by Ron Ovitt:
- Other books mentioned:
To leave a review of Spiritual Life and Leadership:
Links to Amazon are affiliate
Click HERE to sign up for Tod Bolsinger's End with the Beginning in Mind webinar on December 16 at 1pm (PST).