Matt Tebbe and Ben Sternke are the authors Having the Mind of Christ: 8 Axioms to Cultivate a Robust Faith and pastors of The Table in Indianapolis. So often the Christian life generally and Christian leadership specifically is oriented toward performance. But in this conversation, Matt Tebbe and Ben Sternke remind us that our spiritual life and our leadership is bathed in grace.
THIS EPISODE'S HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Matt Tebbe and Ben Sternke are the authors Having the Mind of Christ: 8 Axioms to Cultivate a Robust Faith and pastors of The Table in Indianapolis.
- The world has changed tremendously in the past seven years.
- Deconstruction is causing people to rethink the faith that they inherited.
- Everyone views the world through a paradigm, like a pair of glasses. We need to learn to not only see through our glasses, but see our glasses. We need to become aware of the paradigm by which we view the world.
- When we learn to see with other glasses, we can lead with more curiosity.
- We underrate the value of curiosity.
- Whereas we often think God “shows up” in places, we are invited to recognize that God is already active and at work in the places where we are.
- Our leadership grows when we recognize that God meets us in the midst of our messiness.
- An axiom is a statement that is considered to be self-evidently true. The axioms in Having the Mind of Christ are truths by which Jesus seems to have lived.
- It is important for us recognize the power we carry with us, especially for white male leaders.
- Matt Tebbe and Ben Sternke offer three steps to help us live into these truths:
- Compassionate awareness
- Creative alignment
- Cooperative action
- Our attempts to live out God’s love—even our poor attempts—are bathed in grace.
RELEVANT RESOURCES AND LINKS:
- Gravity Leadership
- The Table
- Books mentioned:
- Social Media:
Learn how to lead your church into ministry that matters. Check out my online course, Engaging God's Mission.