Spiritual Life and Leadership
41. The Law of the Splintered Paddle
Jul 01, 2019
What happens when a couple of Hawaiian fisherman hit King Kamehameha over the head with a canoe paddle so hard that the paddle breaks? You get the Law of the Splintered Paddle.
THIS EPISODE’S HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- While on vacation in Hawaii, Markus came across a figure of King Kamehameha at a gift shop.
- Markus got curious about King Kamehameha, so he did some Google research.
- King Kamehameha is known for unifying the Hawaiian Islands about two hundred years ago.
- Markus tells the story of the Law of the Splintered Paddle.
- The Law of the Splintered Paddle, instituted by King Kamehameha was intended to protect the weak and powerless from predators.
- The Law of the Splintered Paddle and the way in which it was instituted, are a reflection of shalom—even though King Kamehameha was not a Christian.
- Where in your life do you see shalom emerging? How can you support it? Are you called to participate in it?
Instructions to leave a review of Spiritual Life and Leadership:
- Click HERE.
- Click on the link that says, "Listen on Apple Podcasts."
- In the window that opens, click the button that says, "Open Link." This will open iTunes.
- To the right of the Spiritual Life and Leadership logo, click "Ratings and Reviews."
- Under the heading, "Customer Reviews," click on the button that says, "Write a Review."
- Select the number of stars and write your review.
- Click submit.
I'd be so grateful if you did this. Thank you!