Spiritual Life and Leadership
62. Different People Need Different Kinds of Leaders, with Ted Gillgrist
Jan 07, 2020
Ted Gillgrist is a business leader and a committed follower of Jesus. He's also one of my oldest friends! In this episode, Ted shares some of the wisdom he’s learned about leadership over the past twenty-five years.
THIS EPISODE'S HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Ted Gillgrist is Vice President of Southern Diversified Distributors and a proud graduate of Slippery Rock University! (Also, Markus’ alma mater…)
- Ted and Markus were discipleship partners in the college ministry in which they were involved.
- Ted’s first significant leadership role was as a health care administrator.
- Ted shares about the challenges of stepping into leadership in a health care facility that was on the verge of being shut down. He also tells the story of how he and his team restored the facility to a high level of competence and quality.
- In telling his story, Ted shares these three leadership lessons:
- Always give a person the tools to do a job before you determine they can’t.
- Various teams in an organization need to have a common “enemy” and have goals that overlap.
- Different people need different kinds of leaders.
- Ted feels like he has in some ways become a pastor to his employees.
- You can find Ted’s company at www.twentyandoak.com
RELEVANT RESOURCES AND LINKS:
- Books Mentioned:
- To leave a review of Spiritual Life and Leadership: