SPEAKER_00: Father, we thank you that you're always on time. That you're here with us right now in this moment. We pray a blessing over your people this morning. They got here. For some of them, it took everything just to get here today. But we know your presence is where they are. So speak to them. I pray an anointing over their home today. Over their children. Over their grandchildren. Whatever they carried into this place. Let them leave it at your feet, Jesus. So they can receive from you what you want to speak to them today. God, there's a divine appointment happening this morning. It's not an accident that they came, that they showed up. After a week like this past week. Just for them to be here, Father. You are good. You have not given up on them. You are always, always, always on time, Father. So we come to worship you today. We come to lift our voices, lift our hearts, lift our minds, lift their perspective. Because you're always working, Father. And we praise your name, the holy name of Jesus. Everybody in this place said amen. Amen. Put your hands together. Hold on, hold on, hold on. Before you have a seat, before you have a seat. I know. Why don't you give out a few hugs and say, it's so good to see you. It's so good to see you. Give out a few hugs. Come on. Even if you're not a hugger. Kevin, yeah. This is a family, man. It's a family. What's up, bro? What's up, Multiply Church? Three of you? You were still hugging? Alright. I know you're eager to get seated. I see that. You go right ahead. Stay with me for a minute. Stay with me. It just feels too good in here. Just that you could just feel in that atmosphere of worship. That song that we were singing, always on time. Sometimes it doesn't make sense to you why you're not seeing God move in the way you want Him to move, but God is always on time. Do you believe that? Do you trust that? And I'm thrilled to share what God's put in my heart. I'm Dustin, by the way, from Orlando, Florida. Home of Mickey Mouse. Or my daughter would say Rapunzel. Well, it's it's Elsa, then Rapunzel, then everyone else. So, can I show a picture of my family real quick? Okay, good. Yeah, that's that's my girls, y'all. We had to put the bow on her because everybody says she's a boy. I'm like, just because she ain't got hair yet, calm down. She's three months old. But this is my wife Maddie of seven years, my daughter Jovi, who is just a joy. She's in that toddler fun phase. Anyone got toddlers? Yeah, you look tired, I can tell. Yeah. Me too, me too. And then my newest edition, Jane Allen Stradley, just a few months old. We love her. She's the happiest baby, man. It's amazing. I got another picture of him. You know I got pictures. Come on, let's go. Hey, can you pray for me? Anyone got girls like girl dads in the place? Girl dads? I got you. We'll pray. Hey, we'll pray for pray for each other. Our pastor's son, one of our pastors down in Florida, he's he's two as well. And so Jovi talks about Emerson all the time. It's like Emerson, Emerson, Emerson? Baby, we're going to church today. She's like, to see Emerson? I'm like, well, to worship Jesus. She's like, yeah, but to see Emerson? I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay. This little this little dude last week was trying to kiss her. I was like, I don't know where you learned that, son. I was like, you got a job yet? Show me your budget. You tithing? You praying? You better calm down, boy. I feel bad for these boys, but that's my girls, man. That's my girls. And uh this is my third year. Third year at Multiply. Third year in Frankfurt. Third year eating fried green tomatoes and catfish and grits and all the things that we've eaten in Frankfurt. But I've developed a great relationship and friendship with your pastors, Pastor Forrest and Emily. Here's something I've learned about them. And if you know them, you already know this. They are trailblazers. You know what trailblazer is? Cool, I'm gonna tell you. Trailblazer is someone who forges a path into what does not yet exist. I mean, you look around now, you have a building. Praise God, by the way. Like, can we thank God for that? You better thank him. God can take it away, you know? It's like, Lord, thank you. Anybody part of the movie theater days? Oh, yeah, you can tell. They were like, yeah. Shoes are still sticking to the floor from that Coca-Cola and popcorn, man. I drove by this morning, though. I was like, that's that's nostalgia, man. But these people, they are they are trailblazers. They are pioneers. They were setting out years before some of you are even here today to pray and serve and give to this that did not yet exist. So let's thank God for the trailblazers that you have as leaders of this church. Put your hands together. The Bible says, show honor to who honor is due. And they're just genuinely good people. And there are a lot of trailblazers who build this church, by the way. From people out in the parking lot to people who open the doors for you. So thank God for all those who serve here at Multiply Church. Gratitude is not silent. So I might ask you to clap a lot today. Is that good? If we were sitting, thank you. Yes, it is. If we were sitting down having a coffee together, I would expect that you would talk back, you know? It'd be really boring if I just talked the whole time. So we're gonna engage with each other. It's gonna be fun. God put a word on my heart for you in Frankfurt Multiply Church. The series you're kicking off this weekend, the outpour. Everyone say the outpour. Turn to your neighbor and say the outpour. And you guys have seen an outpour of God's blessing on this house. The name of your church is fitting. Because God has multiplied this. You've doubled in size, by the way, in just a year, if you didn't know that. That's not normal. You have a building that is completely paid for. Praise the Lord. Hey, if that if somebody just if the first year you got a new house, the mortgage was already paid for, you'd be praising God. That's good stewardship. That means you've been pouring into the kingdom of God, and God's been pouring out his blessing on this house. And all this is going to culminate the weekend of December 8th. Everybody say December 8th. It's an opportunity for you to bring your offering to God. An opportunity for you to invest into the kingdom of God. I know stock market right now is hot. Anybody excited about stock market right now? It's such a roller coaster. But right now I'm like, good week. But there is no better investment than to invest into eternity. Over 30 baptisms this year alone. Thank you, Jesus. First time guest coming every week. Kevin in the house. What's up, bro? First time, man. First time today. Put your hands together. K-State. What's up, K-State? But I am thrilled to dig into the word. If you're ready, say I'm ready. If you're really ready, say I'm really ready.
unknown: I'm really ready.
SPEAKER_00: I like it. The 11 crowd, they got to sleep in a little bit longer, you know? 9:30 was good too. But only the people who put the rain boots on and got to church today, these are the people who really love Jesus. You know what I'm saying? 9 30, like you guys made it, man. Turn to your neighbor and say, you made it. So I'm proud of you. You made it. All right. John 12, 1 through 8. Let me read this to you. Says, six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus lived, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. Here a dinner was given in Jesus' honor. Martha served while Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with him. Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume, and she poured it on the feet of Jesus and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected. Why wasn't this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year's wages. But he didn't say this because he actually cared about the poor. But because he was a thief. And as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it. Leave her alone, Jesus replied. You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me. The title of this message is Fill This House. Elbow your neighbor one more time. They're going to love you after today. Say, Fill this house. Father, thank you. We come with hearts of gratitude today. Fill us in ways that only you can. Fill our mind, our hearts, our perspective. People in this room are special. They are your sons, they are your daughters, and you want to speak to them. For those listening online now or at another time, you want to speak to them. So let's remove the clutter for a moment and focus on your presence. It's in Jesus' name. Everybody said. Amen. Hey, thank God for the worship team, by the way, too. I'm just gonna have them come sit at my house and just play that all day long. Just feel closer to Jesus, you know. Toddler parents again. Let me see again. I saw a few toddler parents. Dang, a lot of toddler parents in the eleven. Yeah, yeah, you you would come to the 11. That makes sense. Okay. My daughter, she has every toy you can imagine. So she's got the um Sesame Street characters, all of them. She's got Rapunzel, she's got Elsa, she's got uh Mini Mouse uh phone, she's got a Mini Mouse cash register, she has a Noah's Ark because we watched Veggie Tales for the first time last week when she was sick. Praise the Lord. And um, she loves to fill our house with all of her toys. She'll play with it for like three seconds and then it's time to move on to a new toy. You know what I'm talking about? It's like, baby girl, come on. Like, play with that for at least 10 minutes before you move on to the new toy. And then grandparents gotta love them. Quit buying her toys. Like, put some money in her bank account so that when she gets older, she got something to live on. You know what I'm saying? Quit buying the toys. My wife, she's the purger in the relationship. So she's always at night, like scrambling around, like, babe, we gotta reset, we gotta put this back. I'm like, it is 9:30 p.m. I've been up since 4:30. I'm exhausted. She's gonna break everything back out again tomorrow. Just leave it. It's easier. But she will fill that house with her toys. And we enter into a scene of a house filled with people and gratitude because of something miraculous that just happened. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead. And you thought a graduation party was awesome. You get a party when you raise someone from the dead. And they throw a party to honor Jesus. Lazarus is there, of course. He's normally the center of attention. But when Jesus shows up to your party, the focus is on him. When Jesus shows up, when Jesus shows up in your marriage, he can shift your perspective from your problem to his provision. When Jesus shows up for your kids, the focus shifts. When Jesus shows up in that relationship where there's unforgiveness, your focus shifts. How many of you have seen Jesus show up in your life? You've seen Jesus show up at just the right time when you needed it most. At just the right time when you didn't think you could pay that medical bill. Jesus shows up. You know it's going to be a good party. But then you got Mary, you got Martha, and that's who we're going to focus on. But not just two characters and a story. But really, Mary and Martha represents two different parts of every single one of us. When Jesus showed up to the party, Martha was. She was working, she was serving. And she gets a bad rap sometimes in this story. Bishop. I like to call him every name under the sun. Bishop, a reverend, pastor, friend, bro. But she gets a bad rap in this story because she's running around and she's trying to prepare for the guy who's already there and it's like, hey, just be present. Like Jesus is already here. But not today. Martha matters. Martha is necessary. Martha represents the part of you that loves God enough to do the basics. You can come into church on a Sunday expecting God to do miracles. And you've seen God do miracles multiply. You've seen 30, how many, 30 what? 30. This year. Baptisms. People raise from death to life. More to come for us. I love it. The vision. Trailblazer baby. You come into this place and worship, you just feel God deposit something in your spirit that gets you through the week. You come, you see people raise their hands and say, I finally want to surrender my life to Jesus. I'm tired of trying to figure this out on my own. This is my moment. Here it is, God. But then life goes back to normal. You got to wake up tomorrow and go back to work. You make all of those PBJ sandwiches for your kids who go to school on Tuesday, even though they don't eat them and they eat someone else's lunch. Life goes back to normal. Martha represents the part of you who loves God enough to do the basics. And this is where most of our lives are spent. It's doing the deals, it's sending the emails, it's making the phone calls, it's going to work Monday through Friday. Can we bring out my jars real quick? Most of your life is spent running from one thing to the next, filling your calendar with doing the basics. Give it up for our teams too, man. Always on time. You work the majority of your life. I'll tell you what they say. I know you guys are squinching. I don't I don't have listen. All right. You work the majority of your life because you're saving up for I'm I'm inching into the 40s now. I'm thinking about retirement. Probably should have thought about it last 20 years. Didn't think too much about it. So you spend the majority of your life working to save so that you can provide for your kids and build up generational blessings, and that's a good thing. It's not a bad thing. Martha gets this bad rep sometimes. Or maybe anybody need to go on vacation? Only me too. Three of you want to go on vacation. Listen, you're saving up so you can finally come visit me in Orlando and go to Magic Kingdom or Epcot or whatever suits you best. And most of your life is spent serving, providing, working, saving. Your kids got to go to school. So you're saving up so that they don't have to pay as many school loans back as you had to pay or are still paying. And you're saving up so they get a good education. And you're filling all of your jars, your time, riding in the car in Orlando for I did the math the other day. It's quite insane. It's like 30 plus hours a week just in the car in Orlando. When I lived in Roaddock, Virginia, it was like three minutes to work, five minutes to the gym, four minutes home. We good. Like 45 minutes a week. But most of your life is spent doing the basics. As it relates to your relationship with God, it's it's it's coming to church. And praise God that you guys are coming to church and you're worshiping God. And it's it's praying together as a family. Not just waiting for a pastor to pray over you on a Sunday, but you pray together as you sit down and have meals and pray together before you go to bed at night. It's doing the basics. It's opening your word on a Tuesday, not just waiting for Pastor Forrest to give you another word next Sunday. Like, God, I'm so discouraged during the week. God's like, well, you open it for yourself because he wants to speak directly to you, not just on the weekend. It's the basics. As it relates to your giving, it's tithing. Tithing meaning 10%. God said, bring the whole tithe to the storehouse and see. He said, test me in this. Only place in the Bible he says, test me in this. I'm still afraid to test him. You guys are talking about fear of God over the past few weeks. I'm still afraid to test him. But he said, test me in this. See if I would not throw open the floodgates of blessing in your life when you trust me with what I've given you. It's the basics. She represents the part of you that loves God enough to show your gratitude through trusting him. Leviticus says this about the tithe. Leviticus 2730. There it is. You guys are quicker than me on this. This is great. A tenth of the land's produce, whether grain from the ground or fruit from the trees, is God's It's holy. See, a tithe isn't just a transaction. It's not just here's my hard-earned money that I've been saving up. Let me bring some and just um take it out of my pocket, put it into a bowl. We're good. No, the tithe is holy to God because everything you have in your hands came from who? It's hard to acknowledge, God. I earned this. I worked for this, God said. You wouldn't be able to work if it wasn't for me. Everything you've been entrusted with, every good and perfect gift, God said, I gave you. Now God said, It's holy. Not because God needs it, by the way. You think God needs your money? You think he's up there late, man. I don't know how I'm gonna get inflation down there getting tight. He don't need nothing. He's good. He created the universe. But he wants it because your treasure is where your heart is. This is the the Bible study crowd. I can just feel it today. God said, I want your heart. I want all of you, not just bits and pieces of you. I I get it. It's like, okay, God, I'm gonna trust you with this part of my life. I'll trust you with my marriage, but I don't know about these conversations over here. That's a little vulnerable. No, no. You know when you're like, hey God, I'm gonna give you this, but I'm gonna hold on to this. I got this, man. Let me figure this out. God wants all of you, not just pieces of you. When you want to trust him, how you want to trust him, God said, trust me. Watch what I can do in your life when you give all of yourself to God. Leviticus 23, 20. The priest is to wave the two lambs before the Lord as a wave offering, together with the bread of the first fruits. Everyone say first. They are a sacred offering to the Lord. The tithe is holy. The tithe is sacred. The tithe is meant to be first, not what's left over. Like, all right, God, I'll get to you in a minute. Let me take care of uh, I gotta pay the mortgage, gotta put some money aside for the retirement, and then hold on, we'll put the tithe. I don't know, we'll see. We'll see if there's anything left over after I vacation. We ain't been in a while. Like we're kind of burning out down here, God. We need a little, we need a little vacation. I got a little bit of set. No, God said, start with this. Seek first the kingdom, and all of these things will be added. God will pour out more blessing than you can receive. It's not always financial blessing, by the way. God's not a, I'm gonna go ahead. God's not a God's not a slot machine, or you put the money in and say, you better give me three apples. God's not a uh a lottery, like, I'm gonna okay, I'm gonna pay 20 bucks for this, and then we're gonna scratch scratch off, and you better. You don't give to get something from God. You get to give to God. Giving shows your gratitude. Martha was serving, giving of her time because of her gratitude. The people who serve in this church, they're not doing it because they have to. They could be sleeping in on Sunday, getting ready for the baby. Game. But instead, they're serving, they're giving because of their gratitude. Because you've seen God do some things in your life. And oftentimes it's easy to think of gratitude as a feeling. But maybe you've never expressed it by faith. Gratitude isn't a feeling. Gratitude is meant to be expressed by faith. Giving is your gratitude in action. You better write some stuff down right now. I'm giving you some good stuff right now to hold on. Giving is your gratitude in action. God, I'm not going to just say thank you, appreciate you, I love you. That's good. Praise Him in that way. But how can you show God you're grateful? Proverbs 3, 9 through 10. Honor the Lord with your wealth. With the first fruits, not leftovers, not what's last. First fruits of all your crops. Then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. This phone is bothering me in my back pocket. Kevin, will you hold my phone for me for a minute? First day, man. You didn't know all this going down, did you? He's like, all these people talking to me, just actually, let me see one second. Appreciate you. All right. Did Kevin just give me an iPhone? He returned to me what was mine. The tithe? You're not generously giving to God. Here you go, God. You're welcome. Hey, this one's on me. I got this one, alright? No, God said, return to me. What's mine? God can do more with 10% than any of you can do with all 100. Oh, I've tried it. You've tried. God can do more with a little than you can do with the whole thing. God said, Will you just bring me what's mine? See if I will not throw open the floodgates of peace in your life. Some of you so stressed out financially. This is me for years before I start even, because you're not even inviting God into the equation. Like, God, I don't know why I'm just this is when is this gonna change? He's like, Hello? You want to invite me into it? You want to talk about it? You want to trust me with it? See what I can do. And this may be hard for you. This may mean you have to finally put the budget together or stick to the budget you put together this year in January, and now it's November, and you're like, dang it, all right, 2025's coming. I got it in 2025. You've been saying that for five years. Listen, I know you're a math nerd. I get it. You're counting guy, right? Financial guy. It was so overwhelming to me when I first sat down and somebody put a spreadsheet in front of me and it was just filled with numbers, and I was like, bro, this is boring. I'm overwhelmed. I'm exhausted. I don't even know what to do with this. It may be difficult for you, but we can put aside the, I used to call Starbucks five bucks, but now it's more like 10 bucks. So we can put aside the 10 bucks for a moment. We can maybe carpal, we can we can change some things in our life to prioritize what matters. What matters, and say, God, I'm finally gonna trust you with this, believing in faith that this is good soil, that the kingdom of God is a good investment. Actually, I got to uh I went on the website the other day, multiplyky.com. Is that right? Okay, good. I was it and I was so Forrest and I we have this coaching relationship, and he he he's one of the most humble guys. He's always inviting people in, like, hey, help me to get better. That's the kind of leader you have. But I wanted to invest into this house because I believe in the soil, I believe in what God's doing through multiply. It's just it's been miraculous. So I went online to give. And I was hoping I would find something wrong with your with your website. That's how leaders think. We're always looking for what could be better. I was like, I'm gonna tell Forrest how he, this, you know, this was clunky, man. You gotta get that together. It was so easy. Two and a half minutes later. Seriously, from the moment I went to the website to click like, and it was like, thank you for your generosity. I'm like, thank you. Like, this is and December 8th, that's your if if you've not started with the basics, that's your weekend to start. You don't have to wait either. You can do it today. You can do it online, you can do it wherever. But December 8th, you can bring your first tithe check, you can bring your first bit of cash, you can do it online. Start with the basics. Martha represents the part of you who loves God enough to do the basics. Not a trick question. You're filling the blank. To do the basics. Then there's Mary. Mary in verse 3. It said that Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume, and she poured it at Jesus' feet and wiped his feet with her hair, and the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. Martha matters, but there's also an opportunity for every one of you to be a Mary. And maybe you're thinking, well, I'm not one of those crazy, radical people. I mean, it's kind of crazy. Imagine, okay, if you don't have a job, just imagine you do. It doesn't matter what you make,$10,000 a year,$20,000,$100,000, a million, does not matter. But imagine everything you are saving up for. You got your savings that you're saving up for. Or you're finally gonna buy the house, and you gotta save a little bit more right now because this interest rate, you know what I'm saying? So you're putting everything, you're pouring everything you have for an entire year into that jar. Then Jesus shows up, and Mary takes everything she has. Empty out your your one year salary, it said, put it in this jar and just dump it all over the feet of Jesus.
SPEAKER_01: Why would she do that?
SPEAKER_00: That's kind of crazy. But Lazarus was sick. Mary and Martha called upon Jesus to come and heal their brother. The one that Jesus loved. Jesus. Our brother is sick. Come heal him. Mary, he's gonna show up. It's gonna be amazing. He's gonna heal Lazarus. We're gonna have dinner, we're gonna have some catfish and grits. It's gonna be awesome. We're gonna go to Frankfurt, we're gonna watch some Kentucky basketball on Tuesday, we're gonna watch some football. Jesus didn't show up. He waited where he was. Two more days. Lazarus dies. Jesus finally did show up. By that time, Lazarus has been in the grave four days. Jesus didn't come to the viewing. He didn't come to the home to visit with the family. He didn't even come to the funeral. Jesus is the answer until they see something that has died in their life. When Jesus does show up, Mary and Martha, the same ones who had the faith to call upon him, said, Because you didn't show up, our brother died. He went from being the answer to being the cause. You know when you're praying for God to show up and heal something in your life? You're praying to God to provide for you because you have no idea how you're going to make that payment. You're believing in faith, God's going to do it again. He's done it before. He's going to do it. You're crying out to God. That's your expectation. But then it doesn't happen the way you thought it would, when you thought it would, how you thought it would. Now you have your expectation, but then here's your experience. And the gap between your expectation and your experience is frustration. God, why didn't you why didn't you show up, God? Where are you? I've been praying, I've been serving, you've been giving. God, why did you not show up? Then Jesus, he's loving, he's kind, he's empathetic. But he goes on to say this, he's kind of savage too. Jesus looked at Raymond Martha and he said, For your sake, I'm glad I didn't show up. I don't know if he said it like that. I mean, you know, for your sake, I'm glad I didn't show up. So that you would believe. Jesus didn't want to just resurrect Lazarus from the dead. He wanted to resurrect some things in Mary and Martha. He wants to resurrect some things in your life too. He wants to resurrect some hope where you've lost hope. He wants to resurrect some dreams that have died in your life. He wants to resurrect some faith in your life where you've lost it because of everything you've been battling over the past few years. How many of you believe that God wants to resurrect some things in your life? And you know you don't have to wait until a new year. Okay, listen, we let's just survive the next couple months. And then 2025, that's my year! Let's go! Just because the calendar moves from December 31st to January 1st, everything that you're dealing with right now could very well just spill over into the new year. And how you are responding and dealing with everything that you're going through right now can carry over into the new. It doesn't just go away. How you finish one year dictates how you start the next. How you finish one season dictates how you start the next. Jesus resurrected Lazarus from the dead. He said, Lazarus, come out! It was miraculous. But it wasn't just about raising someone from the dead. He wanted to resurrect something in the people who saw this take place. And he wants to do the same in your life. And just because it didn't happen the way you thought it would, when you thought it would, how you thought it would, I wonder if God has a better plan for you that you don't know about yet. Will you trust him in that way? So why did Mary take it all and just pour it out on the feet of Jesus? She was showing her gratitude for all God has done. And it's easy just to pour out a few drops. I've done this. It's easy just to, well, let me see if I got some change, bro. I'll help you out. Let me, I'll lend you, here you go, bro. A couple bucks, all I got on me, man. You lend a helping hand to a friend. Not a bad thing. That's a good thing. And it's not that you have never poured anything on the feet of Jesus. You just haven't poured everything on the feet of Jesus. This is a season to take inventory of everything you have in your life. It's a season to check your shelves. First thing Mary did, she said, Jesus is coming. What do I have? Whether a lot or a little, Mary said, It's all God's. And I'm not telling you for the year-end offering to empty out your entire uh retirement account. I'm not saying just go dump it all out. I mean, right now I'm like, Lord, please no. Like, don't ask me to do that. Now, could he? I mean, I see stories in the Bible about Jesus asking everybody to sell everything they had and give it all to the poor. I'm just saying. I'm not telling you to do that. I'm telling you to do what God tells you to do. That's between you and God. Over the next five, six weeks, up until that weekend, say, God, what would you have me do? Here's everything I've worked towards. Here's everything I've poured into every jar that I've had I have. And God, I am acknowledging that you are the giver of all things. And you're making that available to God. To say, what would you have me to do with it? There's a story I want to share with you of one of my best friends. His name's John. I got a picture of him. We can show on the screen of him and his family. So John is the tall guy in the back. That's his wife, Krista, blue shirt, Michael, Gabe, on the lollipop thing. But this was up in Virginia when I was pastoring there. And John had so many ups and downs as it related to business and businesses that had failed and businesses that did okay. And he's finally catching some momentum in his business. And as a numbers guy, when you're looking at the accounting and it's up and to the right, and it's like, okay, let's go. There's comfort there, there's a pad. We went into our year-end offering in 2002, I think 12. 2012. John and Krista checked their shelves. Said, honey, what do we have? And the easy thing to do, I talked to him the other day. He said, Well, we got uh yeah, we kind of need a new car. We got a couple thousand bucks in that account. Like, let's just, that's good. That's good. Here you go, Lord. And God said, Well, what about what about this one? It says savings, if you can't read it in the back. God said, What about that one? John said, Excuse me? Because it was big at this point. Like emergency fund on emergency fund on emergency fund. Like we're building up a plan B, C D E F G. And God said, Yeah, yeah. Would you make that available to me? It's like Abraham and Isaac, when God said, Hey, what about your son? He's like, My one and only son? Like, sacrifice my son? And then Abraham brings them and puts them on the altar, and right before he does, God saves him. He said, I just wanted to see if you had the faith to trust me. And John said, Okay, we're gonna make it all available to you. Sure enough, they poured it out. All of it, into that year-end offering. They had a merry moment. With great expectation and great faith that God is gonna pour back into our business. God's gonna bless our financial situation. He's gonna bless our family in return. So a few months go by. Guess what? Business got worse, not better. Well, God, I thought, like, I did my part. You gonna do yours? Business almost fell apart. Now they have nothing to back it up. But he kept feeling God say, Will you trust me? Will you just trust me? I'm working behind. God is working behind the scenes right now. You may not see it, you may not feel it, but God is working behind the scenes right now. God's doing something. It's going to blow your mind when it comes full circle. It may be a year from now, it may be ten years from now. Will you trust him? He said, okay. Well, trust you. Three months go by. God not only filled his jar right back up with the same amount that he poured into the kingdom, but more than enough to fill every jar in his house. To the brim, overflowing. You can't outgive God. Try it. Try to outgive God. God said, trust me, watch what I can do. I asked John the other day, I said, tell me about like what's your big takeaway from that whole experience, man? Like what meant more to you than anything? This day, his son Michael, and this was within a year, he got baptized. He poured what he had into the kingdom of God because look at what God poured into his family. His son Gabe, within the same year, he got baptized. John said, I gladly give God everything I have. Because everything I have came from him in the first place. My kids are falling in love with Jesus. Where else would I want to pour out my prayers and my service and my giving? And God has radically transformed that family. And God wants to do that in your family. God wants to do that in your life. Some of you have seen God do radical things in your life. He set you free from the addiction. Praise the Lord. I was addicted to alcohol for eight years. Now I've been sober for 13. Praise the Lord. But it's easy to think, well, okay, I've arrived. That's it. I've hit the pinnacle. We serve a God who wants to do even more. To the brim, overflowing in your house. And there was something in verse three that really stuck out to me that I never really paid attention to before. And the worship team can begin to get back in place as I read this. Verse three, it said that Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume. And she, she, she poured it on the feet of Jesus. She wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume. She poured, God filled. I want this side of the room. When I hold the microphone up, you say she poured. And then in the half, split it in half. I'm not leaving you out, okay? In the middle, okay. So this side of the room, she poured, this side, God filled. Okay? So?
unknown: She poured, God filled.
SPEAKER_00: God filled up when she poured out. And in our economy, that doesn't make sense. Like if I just keep spending, investing, like pouring out, I mean, I put a lot in the stock market. It's like, it's gone. But in the kingdom's economy, wait a minute. Like I poured all of this out, and it's full again and overflowing. God will pour out what you need when you pour out what you have. You pour out what God's placed in your hands. God will pour out more than enough. And when she poured out, this part spoke to me. It said that a fragrance filled the house. The house was filled with the fragrance of God's anointing. God wants to fill your house with his blessing. God wants to fill your house with the fragrance of his grace. God wants to fill your house with the anointing that can only come from him. When you pour out, you're not just pouring out for you. You're pouring out for the people around you. I met a lady on the plane yesterday, Monica, flying into Louisville. And her son is a pro basketball player, it's a cool story. And but she's a woman of faith, and she's been through. It it she's been through a lot. I said, How how have you stayed so resilient and focused on your faith? And now you have kids because I have little kids. I said, But I'm thinking about them when they have families one day and they have kids. And I said, Do they love the Lord? Do they? She said, They love the Lord. And their kids love the Lord. I said, Give me some wisdom, woman. Let's go. Like, tell me how'd you do it? And I didn't plan to share this today, but God just hit me this morning. She said, I just stayed consistent and I kept showing up. And I kept pouring out. She said, I just kept showing up to church, week in and week out. She she poured herself into the church. She said, I just I served. I just poured out my time, my talents, my energy. I just I kept serving. Even if it didn't make sense that week, we had a busy week and our calendar was full. And I know you're all busy, especially during the holiday season. But but she said, I just kept I kept serving, I kept giving, I kept trusting, and my kids were always watching. When you pour out, God will fill your house with his blessing. And I'm not just talking about this place. God has filled this house with the fragrance of his grace and his anointing. From people who poured out years ago. A couple of people in the front row who sat in a room and said, Are we crazy? Like, why are we moving to Kentucky again? And then they asked a few other crazy people and said, What are we doing? We're gonna start a church. That doesn't make any sense. Like, why are we? And because they poured, God has filled this house with salvation, the fragrance of his blessing and baptisms and hope. But I wanted to also read to you Acts 2. Because in Acts 2, is this helpful? Is this helpful? Acts 2. When the day of Pentecost came, all the disciples, they were in one place. Place like this, a little small room. And they were pouring out their faith before God. Pouring out their prayers before God. Pouring out their cries before their Father. And it says in Acts 2, when that day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place, suddenly, because God can show up suddenly in your life. You keep putting these timelines together. Well, when I get my act together, well, God's gonna in ten years, then God can show up suddenly. God can show up tonight when you least expect it and do that thing in your life. Suddenly, a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled, everyone say, filled this house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit. All of them were filled. They poured out, God filled up with the fragrance of his spirit. As you pour out, God will fill you up in ways that only your Redeemer can fill you up. And I know we talk about the house of God, and we're gathering in the house of God. But the reason we say that is because of who gathers in this house. The church is not a building. The church is you. And they were in a house. God filled this place. But God filled them. Right now, say, Lord, Patrick, say, Lord, fill this house. Say, fill this house. You are the temple now in which the Holy Spirit resides. God wants to fill you up. God wants to fill you with his grace. God wants to fill you with his blessing. You are responsible for the obedience. God's responsible for the outcome. Will you trust him? Will you bring everything you have to God and say, God, it's yours. All of my life, everything I have. This season should stretch you. We're not just floating into the holidays, and I know Starbucks, they got the red cups this week, and the airport yesterday was so pretty with all their lights in Frankfurt and the little fires and the horses, and it was all cute, and it made me happy. I was like, I'm just happy being here. But this is a season where you get to stretch your faith and trust in a God who can do immeasurably more than you can ask, dream, or imagine. Will you pour it out before him? And no, there's always going to be a Judas. Got any Judases in your life? Don't say amen if they're sitting next to you. Hello. Trying to create some tension in the marriage today. Come on, be quiet. Judas in verse 4 said that one of his disciples, who was later to betray him, Judas, objected. And he said, Why wasn't this perfume that had been collected over the past year? Given to the poor. Not because he actually cared about the poor, but because he was a thief. Where you take from God has called you to give, when you take where God has called you to give, you'll always come up empty. By the way. You already got somebody in your mind. It's like, man, why are you spending so much time at church? Like you're always there early Sunday. You had a long week. You should just hey just hang out. They're not mean about it, but why are you why are you in vet John? Why the heck would you empty out? Bro, that doesn't seem very wise. Need a savings for a rainy day. And there's wisdom to that. But if it's not your annoying coworker and it's not your mother-in-law, it I love my mother-in-law, by the way. Amazing. But it could be your it's the inner Judas. Uh-huh. Like maybe you're looking at your jars this season, you're like, well, I mean, not much in them. So not much to pour out, God. Inflation, too many bills, can't keep up. Like, okay. Like the woman and I I think I think I gave you some scripture, some more scripture. The woman, there's a woman, they were in the temple. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah. Mark 12. Woman, they were in the temple. All these people, like just like you at Multiply Church, December 8th, offering weekend, beautiful weekend. Just it's a weekend of faith. Okay. And people were giving out of their wealth. They got a full jar, said, All right, well, I got I got cushion. Yeah, let's cushion, baby! Pour some out. But then one woman one woman sat in the back and she said, Oh man. It's kind of embarrassing. Let me check the little pocket right there. Sometimes we find some stuff in that one. Two coins. Well, maybe if I put it in an envelope, they won't know what's in it, you know? She brought her two little coins. A widow. She dropped it in the bucket. Jesus goes on to say this. Jesus said, keep going. Yeah. Truly I tell you. All these people, they gave out of their wealth. This poor widow has put more. She's poured more. She's poured more than anyone else here. It's not the size of the gift. It's the size of the sacrifice to you. God's not calling you to give equal gifts. Someone could give a million dollars, praise the Lord. Someone could give one dollar. Praise the Lord. He's asking you to give equal, not amounts, sacrifice. It's the size of your faith. Your treasure is where your heart is. God said, just make it available. Watch what I can do. And it's scary. And sometimes it doesn't make sense. And I'll tell you this. If you never give a dime, you never invest through this church. By the way, you're not giving it to the church. You're giving it to God through the church. You're not giving it to the church. You're giving it to God through the church. If you never invest a dime into this church, you are always welcome here. You can worship in this place. People are going to keep getting saved. People are going to keep getting baptized. You can't earn the love of God. You're not giving so that you get more of God's grace in your life. God's not like, well, man, I've been checking. I see the bank account. I'll give you some more grace. No, no, no. Yes, we pour out, God fills us up. But God's grace, his salvation, it can't be earned. It's freely given. Because he's the ultimate giver. He can't be outgiven. He gave his one and only son for you. To die and rise again so that you could have grace. So that you could have salvation. So that you could have freedom. And some of you need to give your life back to him today. You don't have to do anything to earn that grace. God just said, just believe. And I've already accepted you. I've died for you. I want to have a relationship with you. So stand to your feet right now. We're going to say two prayers. Everyone put your hands out like this. Put your hands out like this. Bow your head, close your eyes. We're going to say two prayers. The first one is for anyone in this place. And even if you're if you're listening at another time online, this decision's for you too. Just please let someone at the church know if you're making this decision. This first prayer is for anyone in this room right now. God's been speaking to you. You've been running from him. God, I don't know if I can bring that part of my life to you. God, it's it's too embarrassing. I don't know. I've tried over and over to put the phone down. I can't quit looking at the stuff. God, I don't I don't know what to do. God said, You don't have to do anything except trust and believe. And he will begin to work on you and do what only he can do. This is for anyone who wants to place their faith in Jesus Christ. The Bible says that if you believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord, that God raised him from the dead, that you will be saved. So we're all going to say a prayer together out loud for the benefit of those who are coming to Jesus Christ right now or need to come back to Christ and declare that He is the Lord of your life. So repeat this after me with your hands out. Say, Heavenly Father, I come to you, a sinner, in need of a Savior. Thank you, Jesus. For dying for me. I believe God raised you from the dead. That I've been set free. I accept your mercy. I embrace your grace. And I'm choosing today to follow you. With head still bowed, eyes still closed. If you just said that prayer to accept Jesus for the first time or come back to Christ on the count of three, just slide your hand into the air so I can acknowledge that decision with you. Do not be ashamed. Do not hesitate. This was your moment. God had you here today, not by accident. He wants to have a relationship with you. You are his son. You are his daughter. He loves you. Do not hesitate. One, two, three, shoot them up if you're making that decision today. Praise God for you. Yes, praise God, praise God. Hallelujah. I see you in the back. Praise God for you. Thank you, Father. Thank you, Jesus, for your loving grace. Thank you for sacrificing the ultimate sacrifice, God. Even us talking about sacrifice on this stage is so small compared to the sacrifice that you gave for us. And thank you for those relationships that just began in this room. Now put your hands back out and we're going to say a second prayer. And this is for every person in this room. Whether you've been walking with God for your entire life or just a few months, I just want to pray a blessing over you. As you make available to God everything that you have, I believe God will fill your house with the fragrance of his goodness. Father, I come in the name of Jesus right now. I pray against any anxiety, depression, stronghold, frustration, pain. What the enemy means for evil.
SPEAKER_01: God, you will work, flip around, use for good.
SPEAKER_00: So I pray that you will fill them up. Fill her up. Fill you up with your anointing, God. Your grace, your favor. Let 2024 finish in the most miraculous way. Let them tell of that story all over the world. Just like we see in Mary pouring out this extravagant gift when Jesus goes on in the book of Mark to say that her story, her faith, what she poured out will be shared all over the world. Let not one person in this room be shy or hesitant to share what you're doing in their life. We pray protection over their household. We pray a blessing as they make available everything to you. As they make available how they raise their kids. Okay, God, I'm trying everything I know how, but here they are. Help me to raise my kids. As they look at, take inventory of everything they have and say, okay, God, what do you want me to do? God, how can I use this to be a blessing? Because it's better to give than to receive. And we've received so much from you, God, but help us to have a generous spirit this year, Father. The world of the generous gets larger and larger. But the world of the stingy comes to poverty. Help us as the people of God. Help the people of God in this room today and multiply this Sunday. Be so generous.
SPEAKER_01: To trust you in given radical ways.
SPEAKER_00: You will multiply it. You will fill them to the brim, overflowing and beyond. So, God, we come right now and we just want to worship you. We want to lift our voices to you. We want to surrender every aspect of our life to you. So let's worship Him just for a few more moments this morning. Let's go back into a holy moment of praising your Redeemer, your Father, the giver of life.
SPEAKER_01: Who gave you breath in your lungs? He's always on time. He hasn't left you. Lift your hands for a moment. This is a sign of surrender. God will surrender to you. Thank you, Jesus.