Minting with Purpose with Michael Sidofsky
For someone who’s been in the NFT space for such a short amount of time, Michael Sidofsky (AKA Mindzeye) has assimilated seamlessly and found an astounding level of success. He joins us today to share his career journey, as well as his photographic process from location scouting to capturing and editing an image. He generously shares insight into his time-blended images and his philosophies around continuous escalation and repurposing past work. He opens up about the freedom NFTs have afforded him as an artist, and shares his views on rejection and criticism and his mindset when it comes to creativity and productivity.
Tune in to find out how the editing process acts as a form of meditation for him, how he overcomes FOMO, and why it’s essential to take a step back and mint with purpose!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing photographer Michael Sidofsky (AKA Mindzeye).
- Michael’s photographic process from location scouting to capturing and editing an image.
- Insight into his experimental approach and distinct aesthetic.
- The story behind Michael’s time-blended image, “Gotham”.
- His process of repurposing past work and his goal to continue escalating.
- His approach to teaching his workflow and inspiring unique adaptations of his style.
- What he attributes to his successful career in photography.
- His philosophy on criticism and rejection.
- What inspired him to explore landscape photography.
- Where in the UK he wants to shoot and why.
- How he discovered and assimilated into the web3 space.
- The space afforded by the current bear market.
- How NFTs have benefited Michael as a photographer.
- His interests outside of photography.
- How photography permeates his thoughts, even in his downtime.
- The meditative state he enters while editing.
- What he finds exciting about Transient Labs’ dynamic NFTs.
- Michael shares his mindset when it comes to creativity and productivity.
- His biggest takeaway from his experience in the NFT space.
- Advice for avoiding/overcoming FOMO and minting with purpose.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Michael Sidofsky (Mindzeye)
Michael Sidofsky on Twitter
Michael Sidofsky on Instagram
“Gotham” by Mindzeye
The Me Llamo Art Podcast
Me Llamo Art
Me Llamo Art on Instagram
Me Llamo Art on Twitter