Many of us dream of working from the comforts of a faraway beach and traveling the world, all the while earning through passive income streams. In this episode, Meghan Hunter shares her ten-year journey of working towards her dream life.
This week, Craig and Zeona are ecstatic to welcome Meghan Hunter, a travel and finance expert who has made it her mission to educate people on how to live a “work-optional” life. As she enjoys the nomadic life in Portugal, Meghan’s successful FIRE journey continues to be an inspiration to her followers and students.
Join us for this exciting episode as Meghan shares her tried-and-tested hacks for flipping homes, finding great deals for credit card rewards, and traveling while still saving thousands of dollars.
[1:00] Z’s Exciting Project in the Great Smoky Mountains
[5:20] How Meghan Got Her Start in FIRE
[7:06] DIY Renovations: Yay or Nay?
[8:30] Advice for Every Investor in Their 20s
[10:00] Meghan’s First House Hack
[14:35] Mistakes to Avoid as a Real Estate Beginner
[18:40] Making the Most Out of a Free Lot
[23:05] The Mindset Shift That Changed Everything
[24:40] How Meghan Chose Which Market to Invest In
[27:30] How She Accelerated Her Financial Independence
[30:25] The Freedom of Investing Out-Of-State
[31:50] Saving Hacks People Need To Hear
[35:26] Quitting to Be Financially Independent
[38:13] How to Score A Passive Income Visa
[39:53] The Best Thing About Being Nomadic With Children
[43:00] You Can’t Learn To Drive A Parked Car
1. Don’t miss out on resources of great value for real estate starters. Visit FITeam’s website! — https://www.thefiteam.com/
2. Join a supportive community of over 1200 passionate like-minded investors! You can find your very first short-term or medium-term rental here, as well as accountability buddies and bi-weekly webinars:
AirBnB Investing - https://www.facebook.com/groups/airbnbinvesting
3. Check out Meghan’s book recommendation: The 12 Week Year by Brian P. Morgan and Michael Lennington on Audible - https://www.audible.com/pd/The-12-Week-Year-Audiobook/1663702713
4. Easily manage your properties with www.rentredi.com and use our CODE: INVEST2FI to get 50% off on your first 6 months!
5. Kaplan Real Estate Education - https://www.kapre.com/ and use our CODE - Invest2
6. Learn step by step how to purchase a property, set up rent, and ultimately become an AirBNB SuperHost! You can register for FREE here: https://www.stepbystepbnb.com/a/2147508384/zG79Sujh