Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
Dealing With Entrepreneurial Depression: Four Tips For Dealing With The The Problem No One Is Talking About [LNIM146]
Entrepreneurial Depression is a real thing. Does it impact you? In this article, I give some examples of what the roller coaster looks like in my business and how it can make you feel. I also talk about four steps you can take to combat “Entrepreneurial Depression” as a solo entrepreneur.
Entrepreneurial Depression Show Notes
The entrepreneurial journey is a roller coaster ride. With all its extremes (very good sales day at one point and nada on the other) compounded by Facebook where everyone publishes their successes, plus the isolation that entrepreneurship can bring, it can drive you crazy to the brink and can result to something which will feel like depression. So what can you do about this?
* Avoid stinking thinking – Stuff your head with the good stuff. This forms a nice basis to whatever it is that you are going to use to fight and to stay positive in your business. This can mean avoiding negative people who are constantly bringing you down and turning to, maybe, a book or a podcast which uplifts you and makes you feel good about the direction that you are going to.
* Air it out – stating what you feel out loud can help you in three ways: it helps you get the negative things off of your chest, it makes you aware that you are not alone, and people can help you by giving you advice how to get over this emotion. Although you are a solo-preneur, you can get people to support you.
* Understand the root cause – uncover the source of the problem as sometimes, this is brought about by unrealistic goals that you set for yourself. Check your expectations if they really are reasonable but at the same time, celebrate small wins as well. Be fair to yourself.
* Stop soaking up information – know that comparing yourself to other people can be dangerous so cease comparing yourself to others by pausing from social media and other channels which may compel you to do so.
Note though that these feelings are normal and that you will get through this!
Links Mentioned In This Episode On Entrepreneurial Depression
* Rate this podcast
* Artificial Intelligence Article
Want More Late Night Internet Marketing?
Help Me Help You
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter @LateNightIM
or on the LateNightIM Facebook Fan Page.
I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Dont worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
Help Me Help Others
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were over 100 reviews worldwide and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Entrepreneurial Depression Episode Transcript
It’s been a super busy week here this week in Dallas, as usual, getting ready for all of that family vacation exc...