Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
This week we tackle a question that I get all of the time — How To Get Started Online. Let's face it, getting a business up and running can be overwhelming when you are first getting started. What new people need is the big picture that explains how to navigate the online jungle, and that's just what I provide in this episode.
I also talk about a 10-year-old SEO article and how remarkably accurate it is still today.
Get Started Online Show Notes
You want to have an online business but how do you start?
* Educate yourself about the different kinds of online business that are out there. Understand these and pick the ones which resonate to you. There are pros and cons in all these business models and here are few:
* The blogging model where you write what you decide to cover and you work on monetizing your content.
* Virtualizing your services by bringing it online so you can have virtual customers all over the world.
* Affiliate marking where you create content specifically for the purpose of driving traffic to affiliate offers.
* Creating your own content by becoming an authority I your space through podcasts, blogs, YouTube channel and creating digital products for sale.
* Creating content and collecting ad revenue such as in the gaming industry.
* The eBay business models where you buy and resell things.
* The e-commerce models where you drop ship things.
* Sell things in Amazon.
* Research your choice and become familiar with the thought leaders around that business model. Further narrow down what it is that you want to do and find a person/s who is currently successful at doing things in the niche you have chosen. Avoid the temptation of multiple gurus across multiple business models. Find someone you know you can trust and focus on following the person on your way to success.
* Invest. Spend the resources that you have wisely to get to the place where you want to get to and spend it in a way which maximizes return on investment. You can find free content and spend time and effort consuming them but you can also trade time for money by buying courses.
* Focus through to success. Once you decide what you will be working on and who to follow, do your best to drive this thing into completion. Drive this from start to profit. Do not get distracted by something new and end by stuck in the messy middle.
Here's my little butterfly that I mentioned at the end of the episode.
Links Mentioned In This Episode On Blog Content Ideas
* Rate this podcast
* Chris Holdheide at SideHustleAcademy.com
* Podcast Dallas on Meetup.com
* 55 SEO Tips (the 2016 version)
* 55 SEO Tips (the 2008 version)
* The Wayback Machine
Want More Late Night Internet Marketing?
Help Me Help You
The more I hear from you about your struggles, trials and tribulations, the more I can help. So, be sure to leave comments on this post to reach out to me on Twitter @LateNightIM
or on the LateNightIM Facebook Fan Page.
I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, Id love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show.