Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
Shopify SEO Tips — Search Optimization for eCommerce [LNIM135]
Apr 13, 2017
Mark Mason - Entrepeneur and Online Business Coach
I often get requests for Shopify SEO Tips — people who are trying to do search engine optimization for eCommerce. The truth of the matter is that most eCommerce sites don't pay much attention to SEO, so with a little work you can often crush the competition when it comes to SEO. In this episode, I talk about 4 tips that you can use today to immediately improve your eCommerce SEO.
As I mentioned in the episode, I will be hosting a special daily discussion of the coming ConvertKit Product Creation Masterclass in the Late Night Internet Marketing Facebook group. If you'd like to join us, just enroll in the free masterclass below.
If you are interested in creating your first product, this might be just what you need to get you over the hump.
Shopify SEO Tips Show Notes
Four solid tips which can help you get more traffic to your Shopify store for free:
* Make sure that you have a strong listing – people would just usually copy the few pieces of information that are available to them from the drop shipper. This would just include the size and the weight but void of real descriptions which will help people understand the product and would give Google something to chew on. Have at least a thousand words for your product listing. Start with the product that you are most interested in seeing on the top searches and write copies for those using the PASTOR method: call out the problem that the prospect has; amplify the pain that the prospect is feeling making sure you know the consequences of this problem; offer a solution to the problem by telling a story about how your solution is effective; overload with testimonies about the transformation brought about by your solution; make honest, win-win offers; and ask the customer a response to the offer.
Don’t just put any thousand words and do not put the sales/buy button so far down the page that it will decrease your conversions. Test your copy as well.
* Take advantage of the blog feature in Shopify – some people do not realize that Shopify has this feature. Target words which have high commercial intent but do not directly relate to your product. Answer helpful content questions then at the end of the article, you can add in that you have that product available in your store. Provide an internal link to your sales page after that. As people link to your blog, it increases your authority; and it also attracts visitors from Google to your page and drives traffic to your Spotify page. This can be easily outsourced to Upwork for a reasonable price.
* Optimize your Shopify title tag, SEO description and URL – optimize the page slug for your product, the title for your product page and your product description for searches. Make sure the keywords are those that you want to be ranked for and for the description, write them as compelling as you can to entice people to click even if you are not in the very top listing of the page.
* Build back links to your site – A few quality links back to your page will go a long way. Typically, you can get these through two ways: links that you leave around the internet in response to your product area (blog posts, forums, reddit) and blog posts which reference to your product inside the post. The latter can be easily bought from refutable sources. These can make a huge difference in your ranking results.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
* ConvertKit Product Creation Masterclass
* The Late Night IM Facebook Group
* The Hoth
* 100K Factory