Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
This week on the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast, I talk about how to finish the year strong. We all started out with grand plans this year. In many cases (for example, in my cases especially), those plans just didn’t pan out the way we planned. Hey, I get it. life happens.
A couple of weeks ago, we talked about how to get back on track
by leveraging the “Science of Achievement.” It’s all boils down to realistically assessing your situation and moving forward toward a new vision. When you do a realistic assessment of this year, you suddenly realize that there are three entire months left!
The question is, what are you going to do with that time? That’s what we discuss in this episode. I reveal a number of steps that you can take to finish they year strong.
In case you missed it, last week I discussed discussed Copyright Law as it applies to affiliate marketing
. Be sure to check it out — I gave you some homework in that episode that you need to complete (if you haven’t already).
And stay tuned for next week — I’m planning on choosing a domain name for the Late Night Niche Site. I’ll take you through the entire process.
I hope you enjoy this week’s episode and that this helps you finish the year strong.
Here are the highlights of the things I have shared in this episode:
* Internet Marketing News: Last week, we talked about the chatter around the Google algorithm updates and some signals did intensify this week and there were indications that there are more fluctuations in Google which has not settle yet. But as expected, Google’s Public Relations team wouldn’t directly comment. These changes aren’t something you should be worried though so stick to the same advice that I have given: concentrate on making great content and don’t worry so much about Google algorithms.
* What is your two-minute drill for 2016? With three months left in 2016, will you push to accomplish what you planned? Or just coast through the rest of the year just to be done with it and just start again next year? It’s great to look forward to next year but why not hit it with a running start by ensuring that this last quarter ends with a bang? Here are tips to finish this year strong:
* Totally forgive yourself – There is no time for self-doubt or self-flagellation so forget about that. Once you acknowledge where you are and own it, move forward.
* Stop procrastinating – ignore television shows, ignore sports, ignore your distractions and do something about your goals.
* Start small – have small wins. Finish those few easy, annoying tasks to get them off of your plate.
* Get your space cleared – unclutter. Whether the clutter is from your hard drive, your inbox, your physical desk or your mind — get them out.
* Reconnect with your goals and decide what you can own from today until the end of the year – Be realistic. Take into consideration the holidays and other legitimate obstacles and figure out what are those that you can actually do.
* Leverage on your support teams – let your mentors, Mastermind groups, etc. know what you are doing.
* Amplify your opportunity for success by making incremental increases in your health and fitness – start small, maybe walking 20-30 minutes every morning to get your brain going or committing a certain number of steps in your Fit Bit or Apple Watch.
* Put together a plan – take your original plan and modify it to fit your current timeline.
LInks Mentioned In This Episode
* Andrew Hansen’s New Podcast