Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
We all get off track from time to time. Because of that, we all need to know how to get back on track. In this episode, I talk about the three steps that you need to take any time your life (or your projects) get off track. The method is borrowed from Tony Robbins
‘ Science of Achievement, and was recently discussed by Cliff Ravenscraft
on his excellent podcast.
“Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” — Christian D. Larson
I also take the next step in the Late Night Niche Site — where I reveal the niche that I will be working in as I build a site on the air. It's the same site that I will be using inside of my Late Night Affiliate
course, coming in a few months..
Here are the highlights of the things I have shared in this episode:
Getting back on track : When we got lots of things going on, we can sometimes end up with more to do than what we can actually do. We lose focus, we get off track and things don’t go exactly the way we want them to. But fret not as there is hope! It may not happen overnight but here are The Mandates or Keys to Effective Leadership (as shared by Cliff as one of his takeaways from a Tony Robbins’ The Science of Achievement talk) which includes steps you can take to move forward.
* See things exactly as they are, not worse than they are – This may be the most critical step as, not only have you let yourself down, but you may have failed someone as well when you gave your commitment but got off track and did not deliver. It can be a debilitating feeling but it is what it is. Own the fact that you missed your goal and tell yourself that this is not a world-ending crisis – that is pretty much the extent of it. Take inventory of what it means for you, see that there are still opportunities for you out there..it’s late but you can still do it!
* Visualize where it is that you want to go – Have vision and imagine what success looks and feels like. This will allow your mind to start finding solutions to get the ship turned to the right direction and get you where you need to be. Refuse to see things worse than they are and have the courage to see things better than they are.
* Commit to a goal and take action – Let the past stay in the past, commit to something and get it done. Don’t despair on what can’t be change and move forward. Rock and roll!
Updates on the Late Night niche site: In the past episodes, we talked about how to come up with a list of potential niches and how to narrow them down to find the one which is commercially viable and at the same time, is within your circle of interest. For me, it’s Youth Baseball and here are the criteria that this niche had met, for me to determine that this the one I want to work on:
* Personal Level of Interest – I am currently coaching a youth baseball team and I have a 9-year old who is crazy about the sport.
* Content Creation – there’s a ton of things to talk about youth baseball. There’s news and trends, best practices, tools, equipment and gear and so much more. I can talk about how to run effective baseball practices or how to be a good baseball coach. I can even tell personal stories which can interest my audience. The list is endless.
* Commercial Viability – With gloves, training gears, bats, online training courses alone — these already have strong commercial opportunities are these items can be expensive and have affiliate marketing programs. From ads in Google and products in Amazon, baseball-related products are all out there.
* Competition – looking at the competition in Google using words and phrases that I can be competing against, there are lots of websites in the space but there a...