Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
Anyone that has spent any time at all with me over the last year knows that I am obsessed with Hamilton: An American Musical
, but who would have guessed that I could find “ten small business commandments” there? I feel very strongly that this musical is one for the ages. Not only is Hamilton musically significant, but the impact that Hamilton is having on people is significant too.
Now, Hamilton is a tragic musical (like so many of the great musical plays) — but the first act is inspiring. As Hamilton's star is on the rise, we can find all kinds of inspiring messages jammed in to Alex's rise to the top. His assent is so inspiring, in fact, that I was inspired to mine those hidden motivational gems and see what the could tell us about how to succeed in business.
Key lessons from Hamilton are pretty obvious — the main ones being “hustle” and “potential”. But there are also important messages about business hidden in the stuff that Hamilton gets tragically wrong, like “knowing wh
If you have not had the opportunity to hear this musical, I strongly recommend that you check it out on iTunes. Perhaps it will inspire you (like me). I have to give a shout-out to my buddy Cliff Ravenscraft
on this one. He loves this musical even more than I do (if that is possible) and he is not even a music geek like me.
Here are the Ten Business Commandments from the musical, Hamilton, that I shared in this episode:
* Thou Has Unlimited Potential – You have so much to offer! If you are a solopreneur, there is so much you can do and add to your business to help people make their lives better and create value that’s going to result in the generation of revenue for you. There are a million things that you have not done yet that you can get out there and do but it is important not to focus in all one million of them at one time. The fact is, there are many people who wants to be successful but are still wondering what they have to offer. There are a million things you haven’t done, just you wait!
* Thou Shall Not Waste Thy Talent – Do not sit idly by and fail to take action. Make things happen! If you get knocked down, get back up again and don’t fail to shoot. Put yourself out there, fail quickly and get back right up again. Just don’t throw away your shot.
* Thou Shall Surround Thyself with Like-minded People – If you are out in an island and you are trying to realize a dream and the people around you do not believe in what you are doing, you are going to have a hard time being successful. In groups like Mastermind, you will be with people who will raise you up and be with people who want to see you succeed. Build on the people around you.
* Thou Shall Ignore Detractors – Shut out naysayers and those who are telling you that you are not going to be successful. Be with people who have your best interest at heart, stay away from those who don’t.
* Thou Shall Enjoy the Journey – As a solopreneur, if you do not know why you are doing what you are doing, you will eventually get yourself into trouble. Sometimes, what you are doing will be really hard and you are going to need that motivation.
* Thou Shall be Patient – There is no such thing as overnight success, you got to wait for it. If you are expecting instant success, something for nothing, easy money – you are not going to be successful. Be willing to step back and be patient to get the success you want.
* Thou Shall Act with Integrity – Do what you say you are going to do, it’s as simple as that. When you do something, people are going to remember what you do. People watch what you do and they pay attention. Act with integrity as history has its eyes on you.