Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
Several months ago, I discussed how you can easily brainstorm a list of great niches
that you can evaluate when you are trying to start an online business (especially for affiliate marketing). In this episode I talk about how to pair that list down to a few “good” niches that you can choose from. It is a simple answer to the age-old question of how to pick your first niche.
Here are the highlights of the things I have shared in this episode:
* We go through some listener feedback regarding niche selection and the two things that I can say about the selection process:
* Don’t stress it out! There’s no magical niche so don’t put too much pressure on yourself.
* If you are running out of ideas, remember that anything that is being sold represents a possible niche.
* Coming up with niche options: If you are brainstorming for niches and you need ideas, just browse around Amazon and you will be presented with a barrage of options which could jumpstart your thought process.
* Picking THE one: Once you have that long list of selections, I recommend narrowing it down to one especially if this is your first website. You can do this by evaluating key areas and scoring these niches in terms of quality of the following:
* Personal level of interest: Is this a good niche for you? Gauge your personal level of interest in the niche.
* Content creation: Can you name some big topic areas that will be relevant to your site? Address whether or not there is way to generate content about the site and determine if there are areas in this niche that you can write about. After that, ask yourself if you have topics or questions for each one of these areas which you can fit in this box.
* Commercial viability: Are people buying products in this niche? Take a look at the Amazon product reviews or check the niche out in Google.
Share your thoughts with us by leaving a comment!
Links Mentioned In The Episode
* How to generate a list of great niches [LNIM098
* My blood pressure monitor from Withings on Amazon
* My friend's website — HelpfulPharmacist.com
Want more Late Night Internet Marketing?
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show. When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other Late Night Internet Marketing Transcripts
. If you are lovin' the podcast, please be sure to leave us some feedback and