Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
This is the 100th episode of the Late Night Internet Marketing podcast. That's a little hard to believe. I wanted to do something special to celebrate, so I invited my mastermind group on to the show. Leslie Samuel, Cliff Ravenscraft, Ray Edwards, Michael Stelzner and Pat Flynn talk about the importance of mastermind groups in business and each offer the “one thing” they want you to know.
Here are the highlights of the things our awesome guests shared in this episode:
* Pat talks what he was like before he learned about the importance of connecting with other people and before he found out the value of having a mastermind group. He moved on to tell us the progress he had made since then, the milestones that his business has achieved which stemmed directly from these groups and why the rewards far outweighs the risks.
* Mike’s initial struggles upon joining a mastermind group, being the self-sufficient guy that he is, and his advice to the lone rangers out there on the mindset that they have to switch to in able to reap the monumental rewards of being in a fellowship like this.
* Cliff shares the difference that a servant mentality can make in businesses and how this can be done by getting to know the people you serve. Cliff also gives a great example on how building relationships with your audience can help you connect other people to their needed resources thereby adding value to other peoples’ lives. By doing this, they will be a constant source of future connections to you, your brand and your business and will help move your business in a profound way.
* Ray discusses the importance of introspection, sense of purpose, vision, mission and goals and why you need to establish these before going out and finding which mastermind group to be in. He also lets us in on how he balances being a dad and paying the bills, including the things he had to give up to be true to his priorities and live a fulfilling life.
* Lighting round: the one thing you got to keep in mind:
* Pat – Don’t worry about failing. As you long as you keep falling forward, you will get to you destination.
* Ray – Take 100% responsibility for everything in your life, including and especially, your business. There are things which will happen beyond our control but you need to respond with the right attitude. It will keep you from being too full of yourself and will also keep you from despair. Our challenges don’t define us, our actions do. – Michael J. Fox
* Mike – To build a successful business, you have to have an audience. In order to do this, you either have to buy your audience or build them. Start thinking now on how.
* Leslie – Once you know what value you want to provide to the world, you need to create content regularly and consistently. This is a crucial part of the equation in building an audience.
* Cliff – Become an expert at saying no. When you have your priorities already aligned, stick to that order of importance and do not get distracted.
* Thou Shall Prosper by Daniel Lapin
Want more Late Night Internet Marketing?
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback