Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
As reported previously, the famous (infamous?) Corn Sheller site has fallen victim to the dreaded Google Thin Content Manual Site Action penalty. As a result, rankings have dropped from page 1 to page 6 and revenue has tanked. In this episode, I talk about mounting a response and making some on-site changes prior to submitting a reconsideration request. I also introduce a new segment called “Late Night Traffic Tips” where I discuss the value of leaving comments on other people's blogs.
Here are the highlights of the things I have shared in this episode:
* I recall how I was slapped with a Google Manual Site Action and what this can mean to your internet business if you will end up with one: it will not totally sink it but it will make it go down farther in the search engines and you will end up chunks of revenue lost.
* The history of how my Corn Sheller site came about and some tips that come with it on things to consider when you decide what website to build.
* My action plans on what to do in the following months so that Google will remove the penalty once I submit my site reconsideration request.
* Increase amount of content about corn shellers by about 10 pages using 10 most sought-of keywords in line with this topic.
* Determine and choose the top 2-3 pages which are most search for in eBay to show sales content rather than posting all 15 repurposed pages.
* On the thin pages, I will add 500-800words of unique content at the top of the pages.
* Optimize SEO page by page.
* Remove pages such as Category, Tag and Archive pages from the Google Index.
* Late Night Traffic Tip: Don’t forget about blog commenting. It influence search engine rankings, creates traffic on its own and makes the internet a better place. Go to a blog in your niche, leave a helpful comment which will engage the community and it can redirect some kind of reference back to your website. Either Google is going to notice that natural link back to your site and may be taken into consideration in ranking or a reader of your thoughtful comment might go ahead and check your site out.
* What’s in store for Episode 100!
Links In This Episode
* Keyword Canine
Want more Late Night Internet Marketing?
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show. When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other Late Night Internet Marketing Transcripts
. If you are lovin' the podcast, please be sure to leave us some feedback and subscribe in iTunes
! Podcast Alley is another option: