Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
Many of the first questions people ask me are about how to find a niche for affiliate marketing. While I have discussed this some on the blog, I thought it would be useful to go through my actual thinking as I brainstorm niche site ideas live. We discuss where the ideas come from and how you can come up with your own ideas. We'll focus on evaluation of those ideas in a coming week.
We also enjoy a special appearance of my son Zachary as he brings us the Internet Marketing Fortune Cookie this week.
Here are the highlights of the things I have shared in this episode:
* What are the considerations that you need to think about when identifying which niche sites to build? Here are my suggestions:
* Pick something that you know about, care about or want to learn more about because building quality sites cannot be done overnight and you will easily lose interest if you chose otherwise.
* Find people’s pain points. Examples can be weight loss, relationships and recipes for healing.
* Capture activities which people are passionate about. Examples can include golf, mountain biking or origami.
* Things that people are willing to spend money on. An example can be home improvement.
* Think of places where people feel they will get a return on their investment. An example is making money online.
* The first step in finding a niche: writing down a list. Here are three categories which you can start from, along with robust examples from my own list for you to have a jumping point:
* Things that you are interested in – They don’t necessarily have to be things that you are already an expert on. This can range from guitar playing, darts, podcasting, electronics, home security and automation, hunting, customizing SUVs, hand gun safes to automotive.
* Things that annoy you and you’d like to fix – This can include health problems, weight loss, exercise, sports injuries, home remedies for snoring, shaving, and meditation.
* Other great ideas that you might have – I call this the Miscellaneous Category and my list include security guard training, ‘as seen on TV’ or infomercials, and holidays. Keep your eyes open so you may bump into creative ideas anytime!
* Your homework: Come up with 20 items for each of the first two categories and 10 from the 3rd one and let’s reconvene next week to filter which ones are the most viable to pursue.
* LNIM Fortune Cookie of the week: A friend or partner will be giving you needed information. Listen.
Want more Late Night Internet Marketing?
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show. When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other Late Night Internet Marketing Transcripts
. If you are lovin' the podcast, please be sure to leave us some feedback and