Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
Just before Christmas, a couple of my sites got hit by a Google thin content penalty — the dreaded Google Manual Site Action. Immediately, the Corn Sheller site (which we have talked about many times before
) went from page one ranking for its keywords to page six. I talk about what I plan to do about it, and how I plan to share the results.
I also talk about my plans for 2016, which include a lot more content for Late Night Internet Marketing. This will mean more podcasts, more posts, more videos and more new letters. It should be great for readers, listeners and viewers. If you want to be part of that, you can sign up on the sidebar at the right, or you can text the word “LATENIGHT” to 44222
Links Mentioned In This Episode
, the email autoresponder that I use
* Convert Kit
, the email autoresponder that I was thinking about
— awesome lead capture software I use
Here are the highlights of the things I have shared in this episode:
* My major goals for LNIM:
– 250 pieces of content: This translates to 50 episodes of LNIM, 100 episodes for Internet Marketing Minute, 50 solid written content and 50 videos.
– My auto responder: When I look at my email list, I feel I don’t do a good job at delivering value. For 2016, I will create 12 e-courses that people can opt in to and get awesome information that will end up putting them in my list.
– Create “The Late Night Niche Site” – I’ll figure out exactly what I’ll do and I’ll keep you updated!
* Our Corn Sheller site is under attack! I share a much dreaded ‘thin content notification’ email from Google Manual Site, the blunt message it contains, how it made me feel and what it could mean to you as well.
* Key takeaways from our Corn Sheller cautionary tale that you should employ especially if your cash cow can be defined as a site with thin content.
* My plans in cleaning up the Corn Sheller site from SEO, removing duplicate content, creating more unique content to expanding the site by adding other topics so we can all learn from this experience.
Want more Late Night Internet Marketing?
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show. When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other Late Night Internet Marketing Transcripts
. If you are lovin' the podcast, please be sure to leave us some feedback and subscribe in iTunes