Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
Now more than ever, internet marketing for small business should be a critical part of any business owner's strategy. In this episode, I replay my talk from Social Media Marketing World 2015 where I discuss how you can use your website as more than just an online business card. I cover search engine ranking, conversions, lead capture, website content and more. It was a fun talk in front of a great audience, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Here are the highlights of the things I have shared during my talk at the Social Media Marketing World 2015:
* How I meet all my priorities by automating things and building fundamental principles around setting things to work even without having to proactively do something. I give scenarios on how baseball can be the same with the internet marketing business model in the sense that they both need to go back to basics and not lose sight of the fundamentals.
* Websites as online business cards and why you should always have content which is of value to your customers.
* What your fundamentals should come down to and the big idea that you always need to keep in mind when working on your website: match offers with your buyers.
* Why offers should be rich with detail, my rule of thumb on how long your product descriptions should be, the construction and the kinds of details that you can add to your offers depending on your product, and the amount of content needed in your page.
* The different types of advertising that you can employ — from organic to social media — to find your buyers, and why Facebook conversion should be a secondary thing only after capturing your buyers in your website so that they are your own asset and not any other social media’s.
* The importance of coming up with at least one avatar of your customer; the opportunities you can use to convert your searches including using titles effectively, choosing the URLs that your buyers can trust, placing in descriptions that speak to them and calls for action, guest bloggings, avoiding duplicate content; and a quick overview about Google’s Panda and Penguin algorithm.
* Your mailing list as an important asset of your business, how you can get these email addresses and my thoughts about how you should build your list including giving your buyers the value that will build trust and will keep your business on top of their minds.
* Tips in setting up effective auto responders such as engaging your audience by asking questions, getting them to click by setting up calls to action, taking care of your thank you page and asking for a sale.
* Questions from the audience: my favorite auto responders, how Google treats curated content, my recommendations on the type of platform you should use in WordPress and advice in revamping websites.
Links from the Show
* My autoresponder, Aweber
* The PDF from my presentation
at Social Media Marketing World
* Social Media Marketing World
Want more Late Night Internet Marketing?
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the s...