Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
Sometimes, the question of how to choose a domain name can seem like an overwhelming conundrum. There are lots of things to consider and on top of that, all the good names are already taken! If you need some clear guidelines for selecting a domain name, this episode is for you.
Also in this episode, I talk about Michael Hyatt's pre-sales videos on how to set your goals. Michael outlines the stuff that you need to be thinking about before you start writing down your 2016 goals.
And finally, I handle some listener feedback from Denmark regarding SEO.
Here are the highlights of the things I have shared in this episode:
* A featured listener feedback all the way from Denmark along with his interestingly tough question on why he is not ranking well in the search engines despite a robust website and good set of back links.
* Why thin websites can rank high: they are heavily influenced by click through rates.
* About rumored Google conspiracy theories and black hat SEO tactics that you can do to combat this and impact your rankings: pay people to search your key words and click on your websites and not bounce.
* What are other things needed to reach success apart from setting SMART goals? And when you achieve these goals, will this get you where you want to be? I share my thoughts on these questions including some good content from Michael Hyatt which can help you achieve goals which are aligned to the lifestyle that you yearn for.
* Rules and considerations in choosing your domain name:
* It has to be related to what you are going to do with it. There are three types of models that you need to decide what to pick: the thin affiliate site model where you insert yourself in a website and not build a relationship with a visitor; built something memorable or a brand; or do a little of both.
* The shorter the domain name, the better.
* Your domain should look good visually.
* Buy only .com domain names.
* Get ideas for domain names by using domain name generators.
* Ask for feedback about your chosen name.
* Browse forums and auctions for domains which are for sale.
Links from the show:
* Danish site about veterinarians
focused on cats and dogs
* Michael Hyatt's Best Year Ever videos
* Google Search for Domain Name Generators
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show. When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other Late Night Internet Marketing Transcripts
. If you are lovin' the podcast, please be sure to leave us some feedback and