Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
It's a special Thanksgiving Day episode of the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast. This week I finally catch up with John Lee Dumas from Entrepreneur on Fire to get his views on what it takes to achieve success in business. We discuss everything from the strategic superiority of US Army Tanks to what it takes to make it in business as a solo entrepreneur today. You can really hear the passion in John's voice when he talks about his latest “passion project” — which is launching in January. Dumas also takes some time to offer candid advice to listeners that are struggling to make it happen on line. You're going to love what John has to say in the interview.
Highlights of the things that John and I share about success in business in the episode:
* A Prelude: The John Lee Dumas Story. From zero to hero, JLD started as a regular guy like everyone else before he became the super man that he is right now. He is very relatable and approachable and though he is incredibly successful in his chosen field right now, it wasn’t always that way. You have to realize that this kind of success can attained by you as well!
* We start off with a gratitude for John’s service in the US military and moved on to inquire if, after interviewing over a thousand entrepreneurs, it is still possible at this day and age to go from no one to a big someone.
* The one common behavior he had observed from the entrepreneurs he had interviewed that he felt set them apart and made them successful: they know how to set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time Bound) goals and accomplish them.
* John gives an example of how setting goals and accomplishing them had manifested for him as well. He goes through each step in the SMART goal setting process and discussed how he applied this in building Entrepreneur on Fire.
* The quote that he always goes back to when he doesn’t know how to get from point A to point B: If you want to be, do.
* What he has to say to folks who still thinks they can never be like one of the greats.
* The biggest lesson he learned from being an officer in the military that he was able to use in running his day-to-day business: the Parkinson’s Law.
* John shares about The Slight Edge
by Jeff Olson, a powerful book for entrepreneurs about doing small things right every single day.
* Did John get to drive a tank when he was in Iraq? Can 4 tanks take over the world? How accurate are tanks’ shoots? Listen to this section for interesting tank talk!
* Lastly, what John thinks as the one thing which can spell the difference between success and failure.
* About the Freedom Journal What’s next for JLD and the Entrepreneur on Fire.
Connect with John Lee Dumas:
* Entrepreneur on Fire Podcast
Links Mentioned In This Episode
* Very cool PDF Download from Michael Hyatt
mentioned in the episode.
* John Lee Dumas at Entrepreneur On Fire
* The Freedom Journal
, John's passion project
* EOF 1165 with Mark Mason (will air around Dec 31, 2015)
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback