Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
This week I take time to say “Thank You” to everyone that has made the effort to welcome the show back on the air. The feedback help, and is much appreciated. I talk about an interesting discussion that I heard on Mac Break Weekly some time ago regarding affiliate marketing and iOS9 ad blocker impact on advertising. Also in this episode, there's a new internet marketing fortune cookie about taking action now, and a tech tip on Google Analytics.
Here are the highlights of the things I have shared in this episode:
* “Live, think and act for today. Tomorrow may be too late.” – Late Night Internet Marketing Fortune Cookie of the Week.
* I share my thoughts on something I heard from Mac Break Weekly: iOS9 and its ad blocker capability. Ads can sometimes be a pain and can affect performance as well as overall user experience but how can creators get paid if their ads are blocked? This is a legitimate revenue concern so I share with you a clip from Mac Break Weekly so you know where advertising is going as far as content is concerned.
* Why we should not treat ad blockers as signals of gloom and doom but instead, see it as a sign to the advertising agencies and the blogging industry to slow down on ads and do affiliate marketing efficiently and effectively.
* The huge percentage iOS is eating in the market share and what it means to you and advertisers; examples of how affiliate marketing works and why it makes sense to Om and Leo to use this strategy instead in the future that they envision.
* About the recent installment from Google Analytics, Calculate Metrics, its features and all the wonderful things you can do with the tool.
Editors Note: In the episode, I mention (and play a clip from) a “Mac Break Weekly) episode with Om Makik. Actually, that clip is from This Week In Tech, Episode 522 (Show Title: The Worlds Finest Panama Hat). The clip comes from about 2 hours into the show
Links Mentioned In This Episode
* Coppell High School Madrigal Choir
* Game of Thrones
* Ad Blocking article
published on Marketing Land site
* Mac Break Weekly episode
with Om Makik
(actually, TWiT, not MBW)
* MaketingLand Article about Calculated Metrics
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show. When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other Late Night Internet Marketing Transcripts
. If you are lovin' the podcast,