Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
The Will It Fly book
from Pat Flynn is launching soon. In this episode, I talk to the man himself. We discuss why he wrote the book, who it is for, and how readers can benefit from the ideas he has to share. I challenge Pat to share things from the book that people can use today, and I ask him how he actually used the ideas in his book to validate the book itself (is Pat eating his own dog food)?
As always with Pat, it's a great interview with lots of value bombs.
Here are the highlights of my awesome conversation with Pat:
* Pat gives us an elevator speech on what Will It Fly is all about. This is where we find out that this is a validation book done in two ways: it validates the idea to the market that you are getting into and it shows you how you would know if that idea will match your goals and what you want to become.
* Pat delves more into the lifestyle design aspect in his book and why it is important. He mentions about the different types of tests mentioned in the book including the airport test and the Oprah test. These are designed to catch people early with the realizations that they need to have before they jump into their business idea.
* How Will It Fly can also help people who already have businesses but are considering growing or changing their current business through bringing them back to the fundamentals. Pat shares that this book has a lot of How Tos, which he calls Mission Designs, which can give you exercises which can lead you deeper to who your audience is and discover pain points that you haven’t covered before.
* Pat shares his passion in driving people to start their businesses, improve their odds to success and making their businesses fit into their lifestyle which was his main motivation in writing this book.
* About the greatest take away from his book: the customer PLAN (Problems, Language, Anecdotes, and Needs). Pat compares this with the customer avatar and highlights that we should go beyond profiling customers as it is important to know exactly who they are and how they feel. He also gives us overviews and tips on how to go about each step in the PLAN process.
* Pat walks the talk and shares how he validated his own idea for this book initially through surveys, branching out further through emails and real life conversations and finally by asking payment from people of the book that he was just about to write.
* What you can do to find out more about the book and get a copy!
Links Mentioned In This Episode
* Will It Fly
* Smart Passive Income
with Pat Flynn
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show. When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other Late Night Internet Marketing Transcripts