Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
Here we are again. It's been a while since my last episode
. This week, we talk about what to do, if like me, you fall behind on your big goals. We also talk about the Google Mobile Friendly update and what you should do about it. Google algorithm changes come almost every day it seems, but this is a big one.
Here are the highlights of the items I have shared in today’s episode:
* The recent Google update that happened last April 21st: what it is, what you need to know, and what you need to do about it:
* What it is: It is becoming more and more true that there is more traffic coming in from people browsing through their mobile devices thereby driving Google’s aim to produce the best possible, most mobile-friendly results to searches.
* What you need to know: This will involve weeding out of old websites which are not properly maintained or are not configured with more responsive designs.
* What you need to do: When you are faced with this search algorithm change, especially if your site comes back as not being mobile friendly, install needed plug ins and listen to my suggested considerations during your conversions.
* 11 Steps for Getting Your Resolution Back on Track:
* Spend some time being introspective and consider the root cause. Why is it that you haven’t stuck with the goal that you said you are going to stick with?
* Leave your past in the past. Those months between January and March are gone, forget about it. Beating yourself up will not get those months back.
* Reassess why you have the goal to begin with. Is your ‘why’ enough to get you to the finish line?
* Reassess your goal. Is it still attainable with the time left?
* Cash in on accountability. Leverage on the people who know about your goal and give them permission to bug you.
* Reinvest in this accountability. Declare your intentions to restart and let them know that you need their support.
* Have a clear plan. Be very clear on the details and understand what needs to happen and when.
* Find time. Block it in your calendar and treat that appointment with yourself like you booked an airline flight.
* Focus on the things you CAN do. Don’t worry about the future thing that you don’t know how to do yet.
* Make sure you got the right environment. It has to be conducive to the attainment of your goals.
* Just freakin’ get started! Stop making excuses and get something done.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
* Google Mobile Friendly Test Tool
* Yoast article
on algorithm impact
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show. When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other