Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
Creating valuable content is a critical part of any marketing strategy — especially the kind of marketing we talk about here on the podcast. In this episode, I outline my 2015 SMART goals (also recently mentioned in my latest video
), I talk about how to deal with keeping your internet business separate from your day job, and I take a look at a the very successful YouTube campaign of Paul Soares Jr.
through the eyes of my 8-year-old.
Here are the highlights of the items I have shared in this episode:
* My big plans, goals and commitment for 2015 including my aggressive publication strategy plans involving releasing one podcast episode, one video and one written content every week and bringing back the Late Night Internet Marketing Minute (wohooo!);
* The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
: the book that fired me up and taught me that the routines we put in place every morning can set the tone, the focus and the expectations of the rest of our day;
* The rules in balancing and separating your day job and your internet marketing business in order for you not to cross the beams and keep it all good with your employers:
* Don’t work on your side business when you are supposed to be working on your real job.
* Don’t use any of your company’s resources in order to make your business more profitable.
* Make sure that what you are doing on the side is aligned with the values of your employer.
* Having an identity online and the decision to use your real names or an alias,
* How Paul Soares Jr.,
maker of Mine Craft and other game videos, mesmerized me and my 8-year-old through his high-quality, well-thought out educational and entertaining videos and what he did to set himself apart from the market resulting to book deals, over a million of subscribers and establishing himself as an expert in his field, and
* A discussion with my son, Zachary, where you can get tips in creating valuable content to market your own after he broke down his reasons in getting hooked with Paul Soares, Jr.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
* The Miracle Morning Book
* Pat's Interview With Hal
on the SPI Podcast
* My son Zach's blog
(a work in progress, he's 8)
Like What You Heard? Want More Content?
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show. When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other