Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
So many people ask me about getting started online. This week, I've decided to try something completely different. Dave Stokley from NicheVirgin.com contacted me out of the blue to tell me about his new project — documenting his online journey from the start. I thought that was a cool idea, especially since that is essentially how I got started with MasonWorld.com (which in now this blog). So, I give some tips, share some insights and tell some stories that I hope will help people that are just getting started online.
First things first — One lesson to learn here is that Dave just took bold action and contacted me out of the blue and asked to be on the show. The worst thing that could have happened to Dave is that I could have said no. But instead, I needed an excuse to get back on the mic, and Dave wanted to do something that I thought would be valuable to my audience (that would be you guys).
Fun topics that we cover on this episode:
* Dave is a smart guy with a degree in Chemical Engineering and a law degree. I that way, he is a lot like me when I stated — a technical guy without marketing experience.
* Dave asked where I am now. I talked about the fact that “I'm no Pat Flynn” but I am headed in that direction. I have a day job, and that makes me different from a lot of guys out there that have to pay the bills. I usually don't talk about income numbers, but I do describe the various ways that I make money online (AdSense, Affiliate sites, etc). I talk about sites that I have shared publicly that make between $5 – $100 per month, etc. I started with MasonWorld.com — now LateNightIM.com (this blog).
* Dave talks about the fact that getting started has been a major obstacle. Lots of uncertainty, fear, etc. I talk about how I got started with Garry Conn, Josh Spaulding, and Sterling and Jay
. I just started following and interacting with those people.
* Mindset was discussed, including my interview with Dr. Jones last year
. It's it nature or nurture? We discuss limiting belief in that context. Who cares what you have to say? Do you fear failure? Do you deserve to have money? Is money evil? There are lots of limiting beliefs that can completely kill you when you are getting started online.
* Avoid bright shiny object syndrome. Keep your wallet in your pocket.
* You can get everything you want in life by helping enough other people get what they want.
All this and more. Hope you enjoy the show.
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.
To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other Late Night Internet Marketing Transcripts
If you are lovin' the podcast,