Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
This is the much-awaited second part of 2-part series on how to do niche keyword research. In this episode, we talk about how to judge competition, and apply the 80/20 rule to our keyword analysis. But before we get into that, I talk a little bit about where I've been in the last few weeks, and where the show is headed. Finally, I have a tool tip for you. It's a mind mapping too that I have been using to plan the show.
This Week Around Late Night IM
It's been a while since my last podcast. I've been working on some day job projects as lot's of changes around work have been demanding most of my attention. I've also been a little lazy this summer. Special thanks to all of those that have come looking for me. Good news — this may be my last “big break” from podcasting ever. More on that is this episode as I discuss my plans for the future of Late Night Internet Marketing.
One cool things is my new main list (Auto Responder) content — launching soon. Check it out today by signing up in the sidebar to the right. New content launches July 20th, 2013 (so sign up now).
Internet Marketing News
Of course some big news since the last time we talked is the closure of Google Reader. We discuss that, what a feed reader is good for, why Google Reader closed, that my favorite alternative — Feedly.
How To Do Niche Keyword Research (Part 2)
Our main topic for this episode is How To Do Niche Keyword Research. This is part two of a two part series. In the first part (episode 057
) we discussed how to find potential keywords, and how to determine their popularity. In this episode, we'll talk about how to judge the competition. In other words, will we be able to rank for the keywords that we found in part one.
When analyzing competition, I usually apply the 80/20 rule. Where SEO is concerned, the 80/20 rule means that you really need to look at back links when judging competition. We discuss that (and how to determine the number of back links) in some detail in the episode.
Internet Marketing Tools
We also talk about this week's internet marketing tool — iThoughtsHD. It's the tool that I am using to outline the show. Mind maps are a a great way to organize your thoughts, and also make great speaking notes for podcasting.
You can see the mind map for this episode here:
An Outline Of The Episode
* I'm back
* On the road in a undisclosed location with Dick Cheney
* Thanks to all came looking for me
* Big job changes and a summer break
* Might be my last big break ever
* Server attack
* Big plans for LNIM
* Ultimate resource on the Internet for content based affiliate marketing
* Best (most loved) Internet marketing podcast
* Most valuable AutoReponder in Internet marketing.
* Lead by example – working sites that make money
* New methodology for time management
* Considering releasing an entire product on how to run an internet business part time.
* FA update to follow – slow progress
* New AutoReponder. Sign up
* Closure of Googole Reader
* Why use a feed reader?
* Why Google reader closed
* Best choice is Feedly
* I have landed on that runway many times
Main segment-keyword research part deux
* When we last met….
* How NOT to judge competition
* Advertiser competition is NOT keyword competition, but….
* It can be related on a gross level. More useful for commercial intent
* Number competing pages is NOT, but