Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
WordPress Plugins For Affiliate Marketing and vending machines. In this episode I talk about what my mom has to say about vending machines and then I welcome WordPress Guru Dustin Hartzler from YourWebsiteEngineer.com
the house. Dustin talks all about his favorite must-have WordPress plugins.
This is part 1 of a 2-part interview interview with Dustin.
In this episode of the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast I talk about plugins.
* Techniques for picking the right plugin.
* Google what you are looking for ( function + WordPress plugin )
* Most links will open up in the WordPress repository
* Then here's what I check
* Does the plugin have a large banner graphic. This is a relatively new feature within the plugin directory. It helps me know whether the plugin developers took the time to design something creative
* Next I look at the LAST UPDATED field. I has to have had a revision in the last 6 months for me to consider it
* Then I look at the number of downloads. If it has a lot, 10,000 or more, it's probably legit
* Lastly, I always look to see if it contains screenshots. Lots of plugins don't so it's hard to know which ones are good by seeing what the plugin looks like installed.
* Then I will highlight the plugin name and go back into WordPress and search within WordPress. This makes it much easier to install (you don't have to download, etc.)
* Backup Buddy ( http://ithemes.com
* BackWP Up ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/backwpup/
* WordPress Backup to Dropbox ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-backup-to-dropbox/
* Better WP Security ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/better-wp-security/
* WordFence ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordfence/
* Akismet ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/akismet/
* Antispam Bee ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/antispam-bee/
* WordPress SEO by Yoast ( http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-seo/
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.
To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other