Late Night Internet Marketing with Mark Mason -- Affiliate Marketing Tips, Online Business Advice, Email Marketing and SEO
In this episode, I am recovering from an evil virus, but I discuss building links post Penguin anyway. I also reveal my plans for building affiliate sites in 2013. As a special treat I air some bootleg clips from my daughter Pam's recent choir concert, and we discuss the next Late Night Internet Marketing meetup — planned for some time in March.
In this episode of the Late Night Internet Marketing Podcast I talk about …….
This Week In Mark’s World
* Still getting over the nasty virus that I caught from Morgan
* Pam’s region choir performance last weekend
* Awesome interview on the Awesome Podcast
* Spending way too much time listening to the Steve Jobs bio
A plan for growing my affiliate business
* Been watching all the vids from Andrew Hansen
* Here is one of the reasons that I am so excited about Andrew
* But there are also affiliates who are informative only because they've researched the market in which they're informing. With the power of Google. I can spend 30 minutes of research, and know more about any given product than a person who's considering buying it. 10 times more in fact. And I can save a potential buyer of that product a HUGE amount of time (and potential heartache) with what I now know. Bottom Line: What we've discussed so far is the broad opportunity that exists, and the frame of mind needed to make money as an affiliate in 2013: Providing value.
* So, I am going to try an build 10 new profitable sites in 2013
* Check out Andrew’s free report
* Itunes feedback from Consumer Warrior
* Questions about link building from Chuck Brown
* What kinds of links are working
* I don’t use my full time VA for links
* I am experimenting with higher end paid solutions
* What anchor text percentages are you using?
* Highly diversified. No more than 20%
* Actually turns out to be less
* What are authority links
* Links that are from high PR sites in your niche.
* Or, links that are from high PR social sites (Squidoo)
Leave Us A Review In iTunes
Thanks so much for your reviews on iTunes. We get a ton of exposure from iTunes, and we really appreciate the reviews there. At last count, we were at 30 reviews and counting. Reviews help us get new listeners — so I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.
To leave a review, just go to latenightim.com/itunes
and follow the instructions. Thanks!
Send us your feedback
As always, I'd love to hear what you think about the podcast. Better yet, I’d love to answer your question about Internet marketing on the show. Just drop me a line here on the blog or on the digital recorder at 214-444-8655. Don’t worry, there are no stupid questions. Unless you tell me not to, when you ask a question or leave a comment might even use it on the show.
When the transcript is available, it will be here with all the other Late Night Internet Marketing Transcripts
If you are lovin' the podcast, please be sure to leave us some feedback and