Speaker 1: The Spatula Rats, the gay bars they really piss me off.
Speaker 2: You freaking, open your mouth and Prada comes out.
Speaker 3: It's so fun between Bargain Bradley and my mate.
Speaker 1: OK, let's get going on this. Ok, adam, i think you're the host for today's show. Ryan is the host for today's show. I'm on the next one. Oh, i'm, this is the one you were inspired by.
Speaker 3: I hosted the last one I know Well.
Speaker 2: Technically, we were in the fourth and You told me I can only host one and then it would have to be I was joking.
Speaker 1: This one, i think, is more you, or unless you really want to host this one.
Speaker 3: I'd want to be involved with it.
Speaker 2: I just I'm really raising because, I didn't think I was hosting this one.
Speaker 1: OK, you know what Chad? you already wrote everything.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: OK, fine.
Speaker 3: I'm not, you do it, you do it Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to host an episode. Will you get that paper towel off?
Speaker 3: the table. Yes, not very on brand.
Speaker 1: So I'm very on brand.
Speaker 3: You just hide it.
Speaker 1: OK, ok, i think this is good.
Speaker 3: It's giving personality.
Speaker 1: It does. Yeah, I can't wait to see what Riley does with that. So welcome to Coffee with Gays. This is, I believe, Episode 4. I can't believe we made it this far And we're still friends, so that's great. I'm Blaine, your host.
Speaker 3: Hang on about the day We made it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is, We made it And I think after this one we're going to actually have a better schedule and I think we're getting more organized. So I'm going to thank you guys for your dedication.
Speaker 3: Now we have a little cheat sheets now, yeah, we've got a whole show The audio didn't take as long to set up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're learning. We're learning. Thanks for sticking with us And, yeah, i appreciate it. Adam, i'm Adam And I'm Ryan, yeah, and our host Blaine And I'm your host Blaine today. And today we're going to be talking about being woke up and really the impact it has not just on our country and our world, but also our community, and I think it's something we all have experienced and feel passionate about, and it's a huge conversation happening right now. It's a very touchy, super touchy, and we definitely want to touch touchy subjects. Hopefully we don't piss too many people.
Speaker 3: But an episode four. This may be the ending.
Speaker 1: But then again, if we don't, then maybe we're not doing the right thing, because I think that's the whole point of what we're doing here is starting a conversation, because I think what we all do as friends we have friends from literally every background, it doesn't matter politically, racially, like everybody I think, from every background.
Speaker 2: We're very well-versed group.
Speaker 1: We are Of bottoms You're Well, by the way. Can we tell everyone what you came up with and decided and declared at Roundup the other day? Oh, your vibrant moment.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh, we got a chat. Did you do it on the mic?
Speaker 1: In the group chat. Adam has decided he is a No longer, because on a previous episode, you declared that you are actually super-versed Yeah, which is a lie. It's an honest lie And not only are you?
Speaker 2: I know my roots, I mean we also know it's a lie.
Speaker 1: But not only are you a bottom, you are a vibrant bottom.
Speaker 2: Did I come up with that or did Rhino come up with that?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like Rhino. I don't know the story. I just saw that you've declared in all caps that you were a vibrant bottom.
Speaker 3: What does a vibrant mean to you? How do you define? How's that really?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like really something to Give me something to talk about.
Speaker 3: No, I just I see that.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how it came up. I don't know how it I've been drinking.
Speaker 1: And that's Yeah. That's usually how it happens, i feel like this was a Rhino decision.
Speaker 2: And he was like hey, you're the vibrant bottom, the excited, i guess, bottom, the energized personality Energized.
Speaker 1: I will agree with that And I would say vibrant bottom. I'm glad you finally came to this decision, because now we've been on multiple trips together and you've vibrantly bottomed at Multiple Every city. Actually We've been together, so I hope so Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God.
Speaker 1: I definitely agree with that sentiment. So vibrant bottom Adam, congratulations We're very proud of you. It's like your second coming out, oh my God, and it's really good, because now you can actually go for a top and not another bottom, so that's good, oh Lord. Yeah, and I do think that you had another little piece of trivia that you wanted us to talk about today.
Speaker 2: Trivia Yeah, like a little like icebreaker.
Speaker 3: question A little icebreaker.
Speaker 2: I saw this on Facebook today And a friend of mine put it out there and said are you a morning person for showers or are you an evening person for showers? So I was quite intrigued by this Because I was like I wonder how many people I personally shower a lot more than the normal average person, because I shower in the mornings and at nights, and if I go to the gym I also shower after the gym. So what do you do?
Speaker 3: Right now generally once a day in the morning after the gym. So we're up by 5.15, gym, then shower before work.
Speaker 1: So I used to.
Speaker 3: I like to shower before bed, Like I honestly feel really good when I do that, but I haven't been in the habit again of doing that lately.
Speaker 1: What do you do? I shower in the morning when I get up because I have to. I do work from home And I have to shower to get my day going, or I just won't be productive And then I usually work at about 3 pm, so then I shower after that And then usually I'm home. Actually, i was forced by an ex-boyfriend to shower before bed every night, so I have this aversion to it. Except I will always shower after I travel on planes which is often because I think that it's disgusting to go to bed when you're outside And then typically if I'm at a bar or something, i definitely always shower, like. I always shower first Or fall asleep on the couch in the middle of the shower.
Speaker 2: I always shower before I go out, Because me too I've got a Well because, you're a high spotter.
Speaker 3: I'm going to clean that hole before you.
Speaker 1: I've not written Floody Bottom, That's for sure I would rude.
Speaker 3: You never know what you're going to be A Canadian reminds me of some Airbnb guests I had. I overheard them many times saying Watch your booty hole.
Speaker 2: Who is that?
Speaker 3: I've got so many Airbnb stories From gay Airbnb people, mr Vien, they were gay, lesbian, oh Yeah, and they were watching their booty holes. The lesbian ones, well, the one was making sure her girlfriend watched her booty hole. Are they having butt sex? I don't know. I really didn't want to have too much to deal with them. I don't want. Yeah, i remember when the lesbians.
Speaker 1: Were these the methhead lesbians? They were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: He was really upset.
Speaker 3: I was traumatizing.
Speaker 1: Ryan is, I think, rarely traumatized by anything.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: He was like I had never heard about this. He was so upset. He's like my whole room smells like, i think, meth.
Speaker 3: I came in, so they were okay at first. But then when it came in and I was like It smells really odd. I was like do we cook? Did they cook something funny? But I was like it smells like Charlie P somewhere. So then I texted in the group chat because I didn't know And I was like, hey, does anyone know what meth smells like? And of course everyone replies and it's yeah like cat pee And I was like Oh shit, and I got all my head And then so I knocked on the door Wait was this the group chat I was in.
Speaker 2: I don't think you were invited at the time. I was in some chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think you were invited at the time. Maybe you Because I had been in a hotel room with meth pipes in LA and I had What the hell got a hotel reach thing in there It was actually a very fancy hotel called the Polly House in West Hollywood.
Speaker 3: P-A-L-I Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was very cool And I rented a suite and there were like eight meth pipes behind the AV equipment. I got a whole night free and a bunch of free champagne because they were so embarrassed. Yeah, i have some personal experience, but not personal experience. I've never done that. That's one thing that I don't know. But yeah, cat pee, wow, and it did smell like cat pee.
Speaker 3: So it was that. And then I knocked on the door and I tried to be very like Hey, just checking on you. Like I smells like some kind of strange odor, is everything fine, or whatever. Immediately it just seemed very defensive and they're like I don't, what do you mean? I've got my vape and I was just okay, did they open the door?
Speaker 1: Yeah, i knocked on the bedroom door.
Speaker 3: They opened it. We chatted for a minute. They were like said it was her vape, and I was just like okay, i don't know. And I was just so like I couldn't deal with it. How long did they stay with it? But then every time I came home after that they like found a drawer in the kitchen with an instant stick, and so then the house kept smelling like the instant stick after I said something. So I was like okay, they're definitely covering something.
Speaker 1: So the lesson you learned was don't accept lesbians from Mr BNB, because that's weird anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, this one was Airbnb. Do you get to pick and choose who can and can't? Speaking of which one is B?
Speaker 3: No, it's just they sign on You kind of set your own parameters, but I actually haven't been doing Airbnb lately. I've switched to a little bit longer term. So I get three or four months stays And he currently has a really hot guy. He's straight, though If you're lucky, i might invite you to his full parties. Oh my God, his full parties. He moved out to an apartment near SMU. Oh my God, i better get a party.
Speaker 1: How is he? He's very cute.
Speaker 2: Whoa, this is what's his face. This is who I know You told me about it. Send me a picture of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Other girls. I'll love you for this.
Speaker 1: He's a friend of the gates and we love a straight friend of the gay us gay people are creepers.
Speaker 3: Well, i'm in here deep, though, and I'm putting my threats me, you're to snap pictures I'm like look at this hot guys.
Speaker 1: In home. I'm not a creeper. I do not do that with the straight dudes.
Speaker 3: Blast it. There are like ran out. Did you lose your vision?
Speaker 2: I'm always too big VP straight to tell you, i always and I like walk past and I'm like I don't need a tool today, but now I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, why? because I live in woke world and I'm Bring it back. And how that could be really offensive to people. And I just think my question is when did you guys start noticing The kind of like how wokeness, i guess what's a great example. I'll tell you what my first I thought and it was like shocking to me. It's having a discussion with a little kid in West Hollywood, and I say little kid because he was like I don't know, i'm like 21 when was this though? Probably like six years ago five years ago, so I don't know from like that, and he basically told me that I was like, as a gay man, i've never experienced discrimination because I'm white. I had to be a personal color gay man In order to ever just be discriminated against. I've actually written a lot of linkedin posts lately about I have a linkedin ghost writer that like has been helping me like talk Through like my career stuff and it has been nice because I've worked through a lot of career trauma as a gay man and I'm like, wow, i've been through a lot and I've just missed it so much And especially in the last like year with my last job, i literally just let so much shit go that I should never have let go.
Speaker 2: So let me ask this have you ever been fired for being gay?
Speaker 1: I have been pushed out and I'm pretty sure it was for being gay and have you.
Speaker 3: I've also pretty sure I've not been promoted for it. I'm not gonna claim that one.
Speaker 2: I've bluntly been accused of stealing. I've been called the fruity employee. Yeah, i have been very much, so I let it when somebody says oh, you're a white privilege, so I'm like, no, i'm not. I gotta tell you as I like have relived these experiences.
Speaker 1: I was like, wow, i've experienced a lot of discrimination as a gay man in corporate America, especially as an executive, and I gotta say my last boss really, truly, is probably the only one that gave me a seat at the table And I really appreciated that. That's why I'm out on my own, because I just I can't deal with that anymore. But yeah, like I noticed, and I was like this kid is just like such a lala land because he hasn't I Literally fought for marriage equality since I was like in college which I know it doesn't look like it, but it's like a while ago But yeah, like I and I'm so happy that we have- You know, marriage equality.
Speaker 2: now I'm trying so hard but it was a huge win for us but it was also probably one of the This is a me, one of the worst things for us to do, or one of the most backlash, because you had people that were like On like the same health insurance, that were partners and they could be as partners. And as soon as The marriage rights came through Yes, what companies are like you want that Freakin benefit. You better go marry your partner then, because we're not and and and think about it. Before it was, before there was, you know, the Marriage equality and all of the rights, our gay bars were very strong.
Speaker 3: I don't know it hasn't changed much down here.
Speaker 2: But up north we had very strong gay bars because the gays were afraid to go out into the straight world. They were afraid to go out into a straight bar and Hugging just a boyfriend, obviously not one couple in this whole group. They'll do it in an old national, but Yeah, but until we get to home of sassas. Once marriage equality came in and all that stuff, i think it it took a big hit on the Gay world, especially up north, of being a close, connected group and Made everybody feel comfortable just to go out into the straight bars. What's just put more of a struggle on people finding other gays.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but straights, come into our bars. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: I do because it's what do they come?
Speaker 3: He's straight guys. Do you see him? So you have a struggle finding gays up north.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely like, uh, so from both of them from yeah we used to before, before there was marriage equality, we had Probably six gay bars. Today we have one huh one, because everybody just goes out into the You can't go somewhere ever and every bar and the world as it's now. Look, nobody really cares anymore and everybody's just blended in and it's gonna come back. It's something It has to. I feel it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's because you want, you feel like you want the equality and the blending, by the same time holding on to like Our own community and heritage and safe space and like what that was and it's like you want to go be with, like you are people right at the same time and have a good time and like Really agree, like I gotta say now.
Speaker 1: Okay, i gotta be careful because I know that our audience is going to be heavily Female too, after our, all of our friends We met at Nashville, including bachelorette, gotta say, those bachelorettes at the gay bars, they really pissed me off.
Speaker 2: Bachelors anywhere piss only this.
Speaker 1: There's a rule in my opinion You can have your bachelorette party at the gay bar, but you have to like have a gay friend with you, and if you don't, it's just we're not here to entertain you. That's my thought on that one.
Speaker 2: Well, i agree with that, because I feel like that we are the posed entertainment for them, so they're all like hanging on us Straight girls, and we want to do this, yeah, but then it's also like The kind of like supporting us and it's.
Speaker 1: That is just so like the opposite. By the way, this sounds like I'm being like a woke person, which is actually kind of funny. I know, i'm like totally.
Speaker 3: Bring it back again.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't know how to slightly against it. I get it. This is like a really hard thing. one of my opinions on this situation is I really feel Like and maybe it was just because we were all actually heard a comedian or someone say this that we were all just sitting at home during Covid and like deciding what we could get pissed off about Over like that time, and then it just got out of control. But I will say this I think I've seen over a period of time and I'll Throw it out there Do you think that people have now started to regress and stop all the cancel culture? because Everybody was getting canceled Like you almost couldn't be person.
Speaker 2: I actually I don't think that I've seen anybody get cancelled really anymore. I know.
Speaker 1: It's almost like you can't get cancelled.
Speaker 2: Here's what kisses me off about everything.
Speaker 1: That's why we're having this job. So, and I'm a careful one- We won't be the first to get cancelled, mama jitter, you know what? No, they can't shut us down.
Speaker 3: No, we're not gonna get shut down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can't shut us down, we're not in ourselves Democratic anyway I hope thing is this you didn't even picture wine in the coffee cup, by the way.
Speaker 2: But I'm just sick of People forcing and it goes back to the whole work thing. People like, oh my gosh, you got fired, so I got fired from a job, and they were like you got fired from a job, you should sue them and get back in there and work it. Why would? I wouldn't work for somebody who doesn't want me to work for you, i agree.
Speaker 1: So what I did?
Speaker 2: is. I walked away and I opened up a company to compete against them And took a lot of their business. That I may have lost in the end, because I lost a lot of money in that, but It was a small winning of a fight and I was like you know what screw it, like it was well worth it. But There's things like that like why would you want to be in? this goes for like people like want to be friends, why would you want to be in a Friendship group where friends don't want you?
Speaker 1: I Completely agree with you. Why?
Speaker 2: not go be around people that want to be friends with you If you don't fit in with them and you're not a part of them. Go find people that that are apart. You're a part of. Everybody has their group and their surroundings. Not everybody has to love you. Not everybody will love you. It's just not. There's a lot of people that Absolutely hate me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we've all, yeah, you've got a mixture Your personality I'm a very strong personality, I mean I think you said this in episode one that people will start to learn and love and maybe hate.
Speaker 1: Mrs Bailey, the talent, miss Bailey, miss Bailey.
Speaker 2: But people who know me okay, know me that if shit hits a fan, it's true, you want to go to the bank, I will be there, i will have their back. I will bust your balls all the way to the bank, but I will have your back You can't rent all from the American Airlines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, carry it out of carry, and I have to carry it out of carry.
Speaker 2: And I had to be off somebody, off of Mason. So there's, it's just. I would never force myself into a group and I'm talking in general like I don't understand why straight girls come to gay bars and want us or try to not want us, but try to make us love them, And it's no. Calm down, sit back, enjoy the time, don't be obnoxious, and we'll probably love you And we'll love you Yeah. Look at when we were in Nashville. We were at the bar and we had a great conversation with a bunch of girls and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: It's because they weren't shoving themselves down our throat, actually, like we came back with a lot of girlfriends from that trip, aside from the obnoxious ones.
Speaker 2: None of them were.
Speaker 1: None of them were on a bridesmaids trip That is absolutely true And one of our friends has started with a bridesmaids trip. One of our friends has started with a friend who sells ozimpic, so we're very excited. Oh yeah, we're very excited. Ozimpic, ozimpic.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're like weight loss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i don't want to tell you that Remember that time I asked for your piece so I could give him an jarrow. And then you're like I'm type one, diabetic. I'm like oh, that won't work, I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding, Yes. I've been getting that and I've got guy on the sword about. It's okay for everybody and it should be open to everybody.
Speaker 2: I have a different episode on that later. I always say there's nothing that I won't do, that I won't admit Everything that I'll do, i'll admit it Yeah.
Speaker 1: You could use a little bit, i'm just kidding, there's a pot calling the kettle black. Okay, i have a question then. Okay, so we know all the woke ozim like out there. it's a lot of the Gen Z kids too. I got to say another great thing about having a company in my own. I don't have to deal with a lot of these kids and not be able to deal with them because, like corporate America, you have to deal with a lot of people like Gen Z kids at your job.
Speaker 3: I do with a lot of people like I'm, which a lot of this is my everyday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like. no, i mean generally it's good. There's sometimes where, like it also drives me crazy And if anyone seemed like that movie bros, i know there's like mixed feelings on it, but either way, the scene at like the table and they're all fighting and they're like you got a month and we only get a week. And like I feel like that in my job so many times, because we're all like there's all this communications about heritage months and recognition moments and having conversations and like right now there's a lot of really good stuff. So in general I really appreciate, but like we're doing like this progress pride flag finally getting that rolled out and that's been like a year journey to get that approved and all that. So now we're doing like education about it, like what does it mean? and inclusion, blah, blah, blah.
Speaker 1: You don't know how I feel about the progress pride. Okay, and this is me as a centrist. Here's my take. Here's my take is how many colors can we add to the flag?
Speaker 2: Oh, if you really, before it returns brown, before it turns brown, it's going to turn brown. If you add all the colors together, it will be bright.
Speaker 3: I've had that thought because I'm like, when we were like having this conversation about like getting this approved, and stuff I'm like are we seriously going to go like a month later and be like oh, just kidding, the gaze can't make up their mind? Now I have another flag like too many flags. I can't even keep up, i know, but this is where we saw Yes.
Speaker 1: There's a newer one. There's a new flag There's so many flags.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem with all this shit.
Speaker 1: It is called. There's one and it has a circle.
Speaker 2: Excuse us, and how did this move?
Speaker 1: Intersects flag Wet moves How about?
Speaker 3: oh okay, so how about we first define what we're talking about so that everyone, like, knows what this flag is? So the one I'm actually wearing right now, but like a traditional iconic rainbow flag, would be the traditional colors you see here on the side. Progress pride flag is now adding the black, brown, light blue, pink and white for basically adding additional community.
Speaker 2: So what color are we missing? I don't know What color are you missing. This is from your company, right?
Speaker 3: This is part of your company, so not the shirt I'm wearing, but right now it's been a big initiative for me at work, at work And a lot of companies are doing it.
Speaker 2: For you? are you pressing us at work?
Speaker 3: So I did, but it's not just me, because I'm representing a lot of people. So and I'd represent you know. I feel like I understand that there's some people within Toyota's LWTQ community that may disagree with it.
Speaker 1: If I'm still the representative of a large group majority wants this, then I'm, on behalf of them, pushing for this Let me, just because I one of the things I love doing at press more than anything was our pride campaign and I saw so much support and price had a retail team of 800 people with a ton in LGBTQ like from all different backgrounds And we always supported like LGBTQ youth that were like kicked out of homes And I just really felt super passionate about it. And I remember having a discussion because we were doing a campaign around the rainbow flag and I wanted to really educate people on this topic And this is this kind of conversation started coming about. And now the flag. To your point earlier how many colors are we going to add and like how many things? how many letters are we going to add to our acronyms? It's becoming ridiculous because now there's an intersex.
Speaker 2: It's a joke, it's a joke.
Speaker 1: It's a very valid point that I yeah. This is what I wanted to just say, and I don't know if people actually know what the original pride flag was about, and I feel like I wish companies would educate more rather than like just put it on their fricking beer cans and their like merchant that. I saw the time because I think it was really powerful, because it wasn't about race, it wasn't about even, it wasn't even just about being gay. So it's not about transgender race, gay. It's about people in love. Like those colors red stood for life, orange was healing, sun was yellow, nature was green, serenity was blue and spirit was purple. And then, like during the AIDS crisis, like life was obviously like a really important part of that. So like this flag wasn't about anything that had to do with anything but community, and communities become such a big, important part of like my life lately And that's what I feel like the initial colors and they really are primary colors that have nothing to do with race. So to keep adding like all these things and say they're not representative, there's actually a prism that in and of itself is representative of all colors and all people and all things. So I think by screwing with it, you actually are making it less inclusive. I think that the woke ism of this flag changing has actually made it more regressive.
Speaker 2: I 100% agree with you, because it's not like gay is red and bi is orange. It is all in all And that's the only thing that's really funny about this is, for the first time, probably a year or two ago, i heard somebody call the whole thing as general queer. Back in the beginning days, if you called somebody queer, that was very like offensive and derogatory and you just didn't do that. Do you not remember that?
Speaker 3: I mean, i just I'm loving that you brought that up, because I feel like I've actually started to identify more with queer over the last few years, See I still because I never felt like I identified as much with gay, so like I started to wonder does queer sound more fitting? I'm on the other end.
Speaker 2: I rather somebody say that your gay versus your queer, like I still and maybe it's because I grew up with it and it's just the way that it was presented back in the day, but I still feel like queer is very derogatory and it's, and it just it's a very unsettling thing for me that I just cringe. And my sister, who wanted to do all of this, she came to me and she goes at our LGBT QIA, zb, rlmnop, plus negative equals and backslash with all of this. Yeah, it bothers the shit out of me. I just she's like I cringe at saying it's the queer group and I totally get it Like it was just the LGBT.
Speaker 1: I agree. To me, when I grew up, it was derogatory to draw.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely true, but I also like it's language and how language evolves, and there's people in groups that can shift this meaning and sentiment of language. So if they can take ownership of that word to be something positive 100 years from now, people that grow up then may never or may not even be a word, who knows? it evolves Right.
Speaker 2: So now that we say, oh, and the fact group. but I'm serious about that, Like I want to blown away by why we can't keep on stacking letters and numbers and pluses that like it's just LGBT. You either gay, bi, transgender or lesbian. If you're not one of those, what the fuck are you? That's the pink.
Speaker 1: It's trans. What's the blue? It's a trans flag, but what's the blue? It's this part of the trans flag.
Speaker 3: So the trans gets fucking 18 colors.
Speaker 2: They get their own flag. What the?
Speaker 1: fuck, They take flag and fly you, but get it off of my fucking flag. Yeah, it's their flag too, Adam. That's my point. is the pride flag in their flag?
Speaker 2: Just like, if you look at all the queer flags. There's like a bear flag, or there's like a hundred different flags?
Speaker 1: Yeah, then don't fly your flag. What thing does? And, by the way, okay, but can we have one more flag?
Speaker 3: I can actually tell you.
Speaker 1: I marched in the LA Pride parade with the bears and they're very proud of their flag and I think it's actually very cool And I do think every community can have their own flag. I think it's fine.
Speaker 2: I applaud that. Yeah, but for God's sakes, the original, leave it alone.
Speaker 1: But that's my point is, i don't think people realize what the original means. I think every single person that has come to me with this thing of the progressive flag and the intersex flag, all these different flags, i think that they failed to realize what the original flag means And they just laughed at understanding. And I would like people to research it and think about it for a second.
Speaker 3: I'll let you know in my slides about this. I did not leave that out, so it's definitely still gives the original and the meaning of each of those colors.
Speaker 2: I just feel like today, millennials, and I'm going to It's.
Speaker 3: Jen Z. Sorry, Jen Z.
Speaker 2: I feel like Jen Z's are like if you don't see me here, me, then I'm going to make you and it drives me crazy. Do something substantial to put yourself out there. Don't shove it in people's faces, don't scream at the top of your lungs even though I do, but make yourself seen in different ways. Don't make somebody, force somebody to try to make you like or make them like you, because it's going to make them hate you 20 times more.
Speaker 3: I just don't get it. There's just a lot of talk like no substance are doing Or action Yeah. It's like talking to be seen and be a part of act like they're like trying to be the influencer or whatever, but don't actually have their own unique thing to add to the conversation.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to go into this. This is a really touchy subject. So, with Bud Light, bud Light's facing a bad lot of backlash right now. Jen.
Speaker 1: Yes Is it moving. This is so much fun.
Speaker 3: Where is it? It's honest, okay.
Speaker 2: The thing is right now is the whole Bud Light thing with Dylan Mulvaney. There's a lot of people who are really upset about this And I've talked to a lot of straight people about it, about why they're upset and what's going on through their heads. They're not upset about it being a transgender person. They're not upset about the transgender person having a face on the beer can. What they're upset about is this transgender boy right, who transgender girl who is on this beer can is actually, if you ever watch like the TikToks is almost perpetuating that. She's a 16 year old girl and is bouncing around and acting like she likes these young boys and doing all this stuff. If I was Bud Light, i would have flipped it and I would have put I don't know Kris Jenner on there. Not Kris Jenner, what's his name? Katelyn Jenner. Katelyn Jenner Shit, fuck that up. Like Katelyn Jenner, somebody who actually embraced it, went through it and it's more of a front face of transgender. There is a lot of class to her. I would agree with you. It's not this punch, not punch and face, but it's like it was for women. It's degrading. Women are women, men are men and then you have transgender. That's a whole, another separate thing. You can even go into the whole Olympics thing, which is a big controversy right now. I think that there should be men, women and transgender. Break it off into three, because if you put a transgender female who was born a male, i heard that proposition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't heard that proposition.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? I've never heard of that proposition.
Speaker 3: It started here. when it happens, this is the origin.
Speaker 1: So what I'm thinking about is let's really talk about this.
Speaker 2: Say that Michael Phillips really wanted to be a transgender female right Goes through the whole process and everything. Do you honestly think he would be fair to put him in a pool next to eight female? No, absolutely not So that's the argument. But for transgender if transgender are sitting there and they're screaming about it, we want to be with the female. You don't hear the girls transgendering to the males going. Where do you want to be put with the males, Because they know they're going to get their ass kicked. Am I wrong, or am I wrong?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So shut up, you want to disagree with that, but that's my frustration with all of this. If you're going to do something, do it one with class and two just like us.
Speaker 3: We're so class. Well, anyway, what's number two?
Speaker 2: But two, the right to do it and be there. And I'm not saying that transgender don't have a right, but for God's sakes, you don't have to make people love you. Caitlyn Jenner, everybody still loves her. No, you don't think so. No, no, a lot of people that like her.
Speaker 1: No, i actually do. I think that was probably very hard to do. I'm going to just be honest to be that in the spotlight, to be that loved by that many people and to come out, i think was a big deal. So I'm going to give her props on that one. I don't understand the visceral hate against Caitlyn Jenner And I think it's just because she's like a Republican, which I think is. I don't agree with that. Like I said, like I have friends from all spectrums And so I think it's just ridiculous to just be upset over that And I think she's done a lot of things right. But my issue with Dylan, i don't know, i just don't know. I actually just don't know what to think because I've heard so many different sides and it's, i feel, like you know what, good for her collecting that coin. I'll put it that way, because what I think is going on and what I would do if I were her too, I would be collecting that coin as fast as I could and making all that money and then go retire And just retire, because I think that's what she's doing.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's a money thing?
Speaker 1: That's a smart move. It is, i think she literally takes every single deal she can get. I would do the same damn thing If I got 12 million followers like that. I would literally be like I'm probably not going to do this forever. Take the deals, do the thing and do it. But I don't necessarily believe that she's an activist for the community. I just don't see that, like I haven't seen that yet. I just I don't know, because I've seen some of the older videos I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I think that's my biggest, that's my biggest frustration is, i think, for a lot of people who are transgender, it's a very big slap in the face to them, because it's people who don't take it lightly and that are actually going through the transitioning and want to be a female, which, look, i applaud If you have to go through that and that's your journey.
Speaker 1: Coming out as gay was hard enough.
Speaker 2: But to have to come out and then not only come out and say I feel that I reside as a woman all day long, i will applaud you, but to sit there and almost mock it I had. that's a tough pill for me to swallow, because I feel like she is mocking transgender girls and it's sickening to me.
Speaker 1: I think my hope is that it's not true. I hope that she's genuine. I wouldn't say there's a lot of questions. I think a lot of people have raised a lot of questions and I think they're valid, but we can't know someone's true intent. I will say this too I think that we've also gotten so woke that we just make it wherever. we tell kids that they can just be whatever they want. It took me until I was 21 to decide I was gay. I didn't have anyone in my ear telling me it. I came to my own decision. I didn't know a lot of gay people Maybe that's part of it, but I'm actually grateful for that. I was with women and I know people can't believe that to this day, but it was true. But you know what It was a journey and I came to my own decision and nobody forced it on me. I don't believe in forcing it on kids in the least. I think that's. My biggest concern today is that there's this obsession with teachers being able to teach it, and I'm completely against it. We had the what was the thing with what don't say gay bill, which I was like.
Speaker 2: A lot of those bills you have to really actually read into.
Speaker 1: I know I read it and I read everything.
Speaker 2: And that's where, like I, get very frustrated with the work community because they read the topic and they don't actually read into it. If you read into the whole drag queen thing, with drags not being able to drag queen being drag queens, it's not that it's underage children. I think with a lot of it is.
Speaker 1: I don't want. First of all, i don't want any kids at my drag shows that I go to.
Speaker 2: Because the drag shows Number one. I'm a drunk mess.
Speaker 1: Number two I've got a filthy mouth. My friends with kids. I keep telling them please stop putting me on speakerphone in that car because you know that I can't, i don't have kids. I just can't hold it back. Uncle Blaine is going to drop an F-Bop.
Speaker 3: It's going to happen.
Speaker 1: You're wearing them, you're wearing them.
Speaker 2: You know they keep doing it And I think that this is a big frustration with a lot of the world is we're not coming after, and I say we, oh my God, but they're not coming after drag queens. They're not coming after drag queens for doing drag. They don't want drag queens doing it at a six year old's birthday party And you have a friend or an ex-friend who I feel like, my, sorry, my like.
Speaker 3: I don't know, did the sound change for you or?
Speaker 2: No. It's just my ears, it's just shit going through your head right now about where I'm gonna go at this. Okay, but you have a friend or an ex-friend that did something like this. Am I Something like what Performed in front of younger?
Speaker 3: kids. The news attention on that wasn't the friend that you're thinking of. That was his.
Speaker 1: Somebody I dated.
Speaker 2: So, Someone you dated.
Speaker 1: Uh-huh Yeah.
Speaker 2: You dated this person?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the bad thing is like he didn't ever do drag before. That Like a lot, and then he got put on natural music. I felt really bad about it, but then you saw one of the very first shows, right?
Speaker 3: Wasn't Plastic.
Speaker 1: Bad, yeah, plastic Bad. And then we were like this is amazing, it's hilarious, it's fun, it was comical.
Speaker 3: I could say that was like kid-friendly, like it was just plastic bad, like that also wasn't scandalous. It wasn't scandalous, it was a show, and then it always was these funny things.
Speaker 1: Remember the Titanic, when, where?
Speaker 3: he Titanic. He did this.
Speaker 1: Titanic, the Titanic song, and then he had these little Legos.
Speaker 3: He would toss Legos out.
Speaker 1: That was like all the different nationalities from like the people that died on the Titanic And he would like put it on your table and it was like really hysterical And I'm like And interactive.
Speaker 3: So good All of them were so good.
Speaker 1: And then he happened to have a number that was just a little raunchier, with a pussycat on his Yeah. And it took it too far.
Speaker 3: It took it too far.
Speaker 1: But what happened and this is what I said is I think the moms were wrong. And first of all, it was labeled as an adults only situation And the moms brought their daughters to this drag show And I'm like, first of all, what freaking mom is bringing their daughter to the drag show.
Speaker 3: Which I will agree with Mom, and then, who let them in if it's an Yes, like ETN, or?
Speaker 1: And why did the restaurant, not say Let's say let's give the moms a pass and say the moms do know.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't give the moms a pass. They're not getting a pass.
Speaker 1: First of all, I know what they're up in Frisco. Okay Yeah.
Speaker 2: They want to be the cool moms in the You're cool Frisco breeders.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be the work moms.
Speaker 1: Bitches, okay, and they like The cool moms at the bottom. They're getting drunk with mimosas. Probably drove their kids home because they're irresponsible bitches. Seriously they are, they're probably.
Speaker 3: I know those women.
Speaker 1: The breeders up in Frisco. Okay, if you don't know Frisco, texas, you know what I'm talking about. And they were like I don't even know the drag show. I'm like I have a wife I'm wasted with our little girls And then they do a raunchy number which is drag Hello, And then somebody recorded it, It gets to Fox News And then it turns into this whole thing And I did feel really bad for him. However, I will say is I also don't believe in doubling down on it, because what I would have done if it were me in that situation and I had a number prepared, I would have gone and done plastic bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or paper bag or something, and just not done that number. You have several, i kind of know.
Speaker 1: I just wouldn't have done a number, but like I get it Like it's like well, i kind of. And so just because, I happen to know the person.
Speaker 2: I find this person a very nice person and also not somebody who does drag, and let me say that I'm not saying that they're not a nice person. I think it was a stupid place at a stupid time And I think a lot of the things, there were a lot of things.
Speaker 1: I blame the moms number one And I think what pissed me off about the mainstream media on this one is they did not blame the moms number one and they should have blamed them off and mom's number one. And then I do think the performer should have just not done the number. And then I get why they're hurt and they double down on it. But I'm just like, i just think, like it's just a bad situation all around. But at the end of the day, then I see other videos of parents with like kids and drag queens and I'm like why are the drag queens performing for the kids? I just don't understand this shit.
Speaker 2: And that's where I think that goes into, where I don't think that young kids need to be.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I think that's in front of this, because what drag show have you been to? that has been cool common collective, no cussing and very PG None.
Speaker 3: Yeah, none of them. That's not Yeah, that's not what it is. Even if it's not like pussy in your face, it's still vulgar language. It's out there.
Speaker 1: It is a super drag Yet again like bachelors at center clubs. It's like kids that are drag shows. I'm just sorry, i'm against it And I think we are allowed to say that And I don't think that makes us like cancelable.
Speaker 2: I love drag shows. I'll be the first person to have one for my birthday party and I absolutely fucking loved it.
Speaker 3: We love our occasion and small doses.
Speaker 1: We love our drag queens. First of all, you are. You have been the most supportive of the drag show.
Speaker 3: Well, I try to be very supportive of that certain friend. Yes, you don't like drag shows? No, it's okay, i go. I don't I hate when they gone for three hours, but that's because I'm antsy and I can't stand being in the one spot.
Speaker 1: How about that one girl, even crazy girl, that did the soaking wet number? That was okay, yeah, which you just like water ball We?
Speaker 3: know the timeframe on that show right Like it's an hour and a half to ours max. We can move around that one's bouncy So. But there's some that I feel like they go on and on, and nothing against that, But for me I just have a hard time sitting and dealing with that one place for so long.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do want to put out this. I do want to say this like I absolutely love drag queens, but I think that there's a time and a place for it, and I think in that situation, that was a bad choice on a lot of people, and this is how mothers are the first to blame on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i agree, and I've got to say and this is where I also like, when I see this on tiktok and I see these teachers go, i can't talk about my, my, this is one of my favorite ones too But, like when it's like I can't talk about what my husband and I did and that I'm gay to my second grade class. Oh my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody said to me I literally was like thinking to myself.
Speaker 1: somebody said to me once and I was so true, i didn't even know my second grade teacher's first name- much less like. Mrs Han.
Speaker 3: Did you know any of your teachers first names? Nope, i only knew their last name. You are allowed to. This is whatever, mr Whatever.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know anything, and they never talked about their personal life.
Speaker 3: No, ever, much less when they were married or anything.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know what they did on the weekend.
Speaker 3: It's like they didn't have a life. But what about? okay, what about? it's not that they're trying to say. Today's topic is my personal life and who I'm married to. If they have a photo on their desk of their.
Speaker 2: I think that's a whole different thing.
Speaker 3: That is totally fine Because of the fasto to ask oh, who's that Are they?
Speaker 1: Good, That's how it is. I know I'm asking like so is that not?
Speaker 3: allowed No that's fine, so it's just don't make it in, like Don't make it, don't make it a whole lesson about gay people because they don't talk about.
Speaker 2: They don't talk about anything about sex ed. Until you get in seventh grade. I think seventh grade.
Speaker 3: So it was a mean girls. So, oh my God, mean girls.
Speaker 2: But the here's. the thing is like you should not be having that conversation with people in elementary schools. They're still developing their body and they're still developing their like routine through the world And I also think that somebody who has to go through that and actually come out gives your shoulder back.
Speaker 1: But I gotta say the reason I believe this way is because this is my experience too. Made my own decision and I go. I figured out what we got here.
Speaker 3: No, I just I guess another side of it because I'm going to be the one on this side of the chair, But like we talked about left in the wall. No, like I didn't even ever see myself on this side. I don't know. I just feel like, though, like from the earliest age do we talk about? like heterosexual, like in straight world, and that cult, like that's norm.
Speaker 2: Were you ever? no, were you ever in school? Were they like?
Speaker 3: but what if you want to have some visibility to like the other, if you're growing up as a gay kid and you just it's not like hiding it, but like it's okay to bring up, Like what's there? So I show that that's okay, or that's an option, but if you're always forcing being straight from being five years old, then So my step niece.
Speaker 2: Right, she knows that I like boys, but she's never had a class of what is the gay world and what is the gay life. It's just that she knows that Uncle Adam likes boys and she knows you now, so it's personal. But that's fine. But the thing is like, why should somebody teach their child in when they're still not knowing? they don't even know how to count from four plus four or divide. Let them live their life and just focus on school and focus on the topics. If you want to worry about, once you're past puberty, getting into sex ed, then that's a whole different subject. When they're starting to develop, go deal with it then, but just let the kids be kids and let them just run their lives.
Speaker 3: No, i agree with that And I like that. What you said like she knows you like Uncle Adam, because now you know that you're safe to be visibly like out as a gay man and like they can know that now. So, like when family makes those personal connections, i mean that right there is already the education I'm not like speaking to changing actual like curriculum and courses, but if she's able to, like you, feel safe and comfortable to be yourself around family, that right there is already the difference between family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's within your family unit and that's where it should stay.
Speaker 2: So, and so we'll take this a little further. I would never go in front of a family. So say that my partner and I went in front of my partner's friends that are all straight. I would never make out with him in front of them because one you don't know the That's a whole different subject. I never do that, because one, even if I was, we were at a bar. Let's turn this way. We were.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it was like Totally but turn it this way and nothing against you guys doing it, like Congratulations, we're doing it. But if it was you and a female, i turn around and be like my god, go get a fucking room, yeah would you not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, i probably did a little too much. I'd say yes, so my thing goes back to me, but you didn't see it and you're six foot four.
Speaker 1: You didn't see a shit. I didn't see it. I'm five, six. I just felt it's not like we're I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's just like crazy bar environment, like it wasn't like at church or someone's house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a classy lady.
Speaker 3: Do we want to talk about what you did.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that, Yeah so many episodes, Yeah but yeah, i Yeah it's a tough one, i will say this is a tough one. I just think like parents should be the parents and at the end of the day, and then I will say the only problem becomes is when you don't have good parents or don't have a family unit, and I will say it's a tough one for me, but I It's like I said, I didn't.
Speaker 3: my parents didn't support this I learned it on my own.
Speaker 1: So I feel like I didn't believe parents that like Help me but like my journey, but everybody has something different. I just think It shouldn't be something in a curriculum or shouldn't be the government or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I don't think the government should get involved at. Already had the government in our bedrooms for so many years? I definitely think that's a slippery, so I don't give a shit if you're goddamn possible.
Speaker 1: We've been a whole administration talking about handmade sale. That's handmade sale to me. Get the fuck out of my bedroom and Stay out of it for sure. And I also think that goes with telling kids what they need to do, and someday I hope to have children.
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: want kids, they could be a good dad.
Speaker 2: I'd be very assertive, dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you could see being a good dad.
Speaker 3: I would God the episode might all be actual daddies You want to be a dad, right I?
Speaker 2: don't want to be called daddy.
Speaker 1: No, but you're already almost Daddy, i.
Speaker 2: Thinked that I would be my father's very strict on us kids when we were younger. I think I'd be a very strict father, but a very and I'd be. I'm not my father. My father was a very loving father and his hands were fucking solid when we did wrong, But when we were good he had loving arms for us and it was it was good.
Speaker 1: I mean it was. That's not allowed in today's book. I think I Take us right now.
Speaker 2: I Was a kid so bad that my mother Well, my mother had a spoon and us me and my sister went and buried it in the back yard So she couldn't hit us with my mother, pulled the belt on me one and I grabbed it from her.
Speaker 1: She waited too long. I was so big by the time she, like, finally pulled a belt by. I grabbed it from her and pull ever had that. You can't do that which is a really great segue into next week's episode, which is all about friends, family and also chosen family, and also the shade that comes with all of it.
Speaker 3: Lord knows.
Speaker 1: We love and don't know that much, and the people we choose and the people we kick out.
Speaker 3: Have a nice forget Seasons of people with a coming out, coming Yeah, like my mother always says friends for a reason, friends for a season. Yeah, yeah, you told me that one recently. Yeah, I did. I did tell you that recently. Yeah, we're talking about that. I'm under a good reminder. Good stories for that one for sure God.
Speaker 1: So next time on coffee with gang. So every sip of the story That was fun.
Speaker 3: Now we need to get test one glasses and custom coffee. Oh, there's Frisco. Moms are gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't wait for the first get ready for the cancellation.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Canceled by Frisco. That would be amazing for us. They're gonna be up there. We can party with a coffee with guys Secretly, I don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll be at Evan Bo. Oh oh god, okay, you finished the chair done.
Speaker 1: Definitely don't edit that You know, are you?
Speaker 3: finally still Thank you.