Speaker 1: This bachelorette's the gay bars. They really pissed me off.
Speaker 2: You, freaking, open your mouth and Prada comes out, and so I'm between Bargain.
Speaker 3: Bradley and my mate.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Coffee with Gays. I am Adam, this is Ryan, bradley is our special guest today and our host is Blaine.
Speaker 1: Thanks. So I mean to kick it off today. I have to say this will be episode five and it is all about our amazing friends Ryan and Brad and their incredible proposal, which is quite possibly the most hysterical thing I've ever seen, as well as one of the cutest things I've ever seen, and we'll definitely be posting that footage. But also I just wanted to kind of like open it up and say because we like to do a little teaser now and a little game and I'd like to say what's our favorite feedback that we've gotten on the show, because, as somebody who's been very involved in this project, I have to say I've done a lot of things in my life and I've never quite taken on something this difficult. And for anybody that thinks the podcast is easy to do, you know what? Come try it. I'll listen to yours and I'll give you feedback too. But I've actually been enjoying all the feedback and I just kind of wanted to like open the floor about what your favorite piece of feedback we've gotten so far, because it has been extensive.
Speaker 3: I learned that I got to speak up between these two, but it's been very good lesson because it's something that. I've been working on in general, I think even before the podcast. I'm loving it because it's been really helping me expand that I'm very happy because you've got it going on for 20 minutes, so you got that feedback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's edited down, by the way, it's a lot. It's a lot. I've had to spend a lot of my nights editing you down, but that's OK. I want to bring up one. We just did the woke up episode, which we knew was going to be controversial, and we are kind of sitting in our like. We have a left person here I'm a centrist, I like to think and Adam leans to the right. And it's hysterical because, ryan, what was the feedback you got on this episode?
Speaker 3: That he kind of gotten through the episode. I wasn't here.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then you got.
Speaker 2: Somebody did say they were like oh my gosh, we see your point of view and it's nice to have somebody that's direct and on point with it.
Speaker 1: I think what we are striving to do is really explain. And funny thing, I was at my grandfather's 90th birthday party last week, right before we went to Homo Sasa, and I got more feedback from my family. There was over 100 people there, including cousins, and I didn't know how many people had listened to us from that. Yeah, and I got a lot of feedback and it was all good. But I think one of the most interesting things that I got is a lot of my family is from Texas and Oklahoma and they're just not used to being around gay people a lot and they were shocked that there is actually multiple different perspectives on the world and from the gay point of view and I think that's what we're here to do is give a balanced view of it.
Speaker 2: And for everybody that's listening. There is multiple ways to hear us. You can listen to us on YouTube. There is Spotify, there is Apple Podcast, there is Homo Up.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's literally every podcast platform. Iheartradio is another one. Apple is great and we love a review too.
Speaker 2: We are bona fide yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's been great to see those roll in and we want feedback from everybody else, because maybe you're too afraid to text us. I have to say, one of the things that you do have to have is a thick skin, and I welcome any and all feedback, because I know I'm not perfect and this started as just a hobby and fun thing to do with our best friends. That wasn't drinking at the bars even though I'm drinking right now, ryan isn't but, yeah, we want to hear all your feedback from what you'd like to hear and what you'd like us to do differently. And it's OK if you are harsh, we are fine with that.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to say that now I have to tell everybody that We've had a lot of people give us feedback and the nice part about it is the funny thing is everybody starts off. I hope you don't get upset and I'm like just lay it out, like just tell us, because without feedback we can't get better, we can't get any better. So if you have any feedback about Blaine and Ryan not me we are good to handle.
Speaker 1: I have to say, yeah, we've gotten some pretty harsh feedback and I think, like you said, we're just growing and learning here ourselves and it is definitely a journey which has been really fun.
Speaker 3: And if they want to send me. We want the comments, reviews, but if someone wants to email, Do tell at coffeewithgayscom.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a fun little email.
Speaker 2: Or if you have a good topic that you would like for us to cover, drop it in the comments or send us an email.
Speaker 1: And I've got to say too, just so everybody knows, I've learned my lesson. I've edited this for the video part of this for YouTube, which we would love you to subscribe to our YouTube and channel, which that has been a whole new platform that I have to learn and I didn't realize I may have blew out the speakers on the people listening on Apple Podcast, which is actually pretty high, and I apologize for that. I was just trying to show the difference between Pride Parade in 2023 versus 2018. It was definitely last year, I can tell you that. So heard, understood and will be fixed in future. Welcome, Bradley. We are so excited to have Are you nervous a little bit?
Speaker 4: So this is my first podcast.
Speaker 1: Your first podcast and your now-fiance, ryan, is the content creator of the relationship and you have your TikTok, which is what Ride With Ryan and Bradley and I hear that it's really fun that he forces you to do all these different little things that you do. I mean, I forced you to do things in homeless asset, like that little Pride choke on it thing.
Speaker 4: We're telling you we're going to give in the direction.
Speaker 1: So now we're here trying to make you more uncomfortable. It's really cute though he smiles so cute though when he does it, it's great, I love it. Tell us a little bit how you guys met because, ironically, I happened to know because I was there that day and we had talked about your gay handshake moment and yeah, with Adam, I mean that's where it started Mother.
Speaker 2: please turn off the.
Speaker 3: I picked my mom up from the airport a couple of weeks ago. And first thing she says when I throw up at the curb is Ryan. No more gay handshakes.
Speaker 2: So for anybody who doesn't know what a gay handshake is, basically what I've been told is I'm a one night stand, Diane, and fornication happens and it's a one time. So that's the gay handshake of my life.
Speaker 1: Gay handshake and you guys had just had a gay handshake.
Speaker 2: So we had a gay handshake.
Speaker 3: That's how we had this early last summer A group of us was at brunch, house down house sitting, kind of south Dallas Bish of Arts area. I was meeting the accountant and some others.
Speaker 1: It turned into like we've talked about our brunches in Dallas turned into big events. So it kind of does.
Speaker 3: It was this week. We were there, and then you were there, and then Bradley was there.
Speaker 4: I came to that brunch with Adam yeah, oh, you guys had actually met on the Thursday before that after Adam took me to the log cabin Republican event. The membership that he bought me to get in there is probably expired now, because I think it's only good for a year, right.
Speaker 2: That was the funny thing. So I took Brad to the log cabin Republicans and I was like Brad, here's some drinks, we're going to sign you up. And he's like I'm not buying a membership. And I was like, no, I bought it for you. Here you go. And he was like damn it.
Speaker 1: I have to say that is one great thing about Brad that I have learned this year. We actually lovingly refer to you for everybody who doesn't know, because I literally think we say this all the time he is bargain Bradley and he has the best deals out there, including making people pay for memberships, because he definitely won't be doing that, and I've learned to have my tequila bladders with me every single weekend when we go do our Sunday Sundays, and it saved me a ton of money. I might actually be rich someday because of it.
Speaker 3: Tequila bladders, basically, were just referring to a flask. The flask, it looks like a Capri Sun.
Speaker 1: Easier to transport for anyone that doesn't know. Actually, what I will do is I will link it in the show notes about what these are, because they are really great and they mold to your pocket. It's really nice, so I'll link it. We're doing this in brand tequila oh my god, yeah, they're the famous bargain Bradley bladder for bringing your tequila and saving money and just topping off that Bloody Mary when it's too soupy. So, speaking of brunch, you guys met at brunch that day, but that's not where it all kind of started, so continue.
Speaker 4: So I waited approximately a week and a half until things were completely over with Adam and he was already on to the next guy, not me. And then, on a Sunday fund day, I saw Ryan at JR's, which is a gay bar here in Dallas, and I Facebooked him my number, gave him a message with my number. He was texting me shortly after.
Speaker 1: Was it love at first sight? I have to ask. First of all, I am the. I really just not. I'm hopeless. Romantic I am, but not really. I'm actually more of a cynic when it comes to this. So don't think I'm coming for you, bargain Bradley. But was it love at first sight at that brunch?
Speaker 4: Can't honestly say it was. I definitely liked his energy. He was wearing earrings that day, which he never really wears normally, but that's not my style personally. No offense to anyone who likes to wear their earrings, but no, I didn't immediately know at that moment like I thought he might be like a little bit over the top for me it's not over the top. Our friend Michelle threw a pool party, or actually, no, that was Shannon's pool party at the first one, shannon's birthday party. Our friend Shannon, that apartment no, it was at the house that she rented for her birthday. I feel like we connected a little bit there. And then definitely we both were in Austin for Splash, memorial Day Splash. Last year. Splash happens at Lake Travis in Austin, say, clothing optional state park called Hippie Hollow. Normally, normally the state park are your traditional nudists, not necessarily gays, just people who enjoy being nude. Most of them you would prefer not to see nude.
Speaker 2: The new beach there by San Diego. That's like off a cliff. You got a hike down a cliff. What is that? Black Beach, yeah, black Beach, yeah, black Beach. You got a hike down a cliff and it's like well, no wonder why it's nude down there. There's nobody. It's going to be like against, it's going to be hiking down there. I'm like come on.
Speaker 1: So you guys went to Splash and it's a giant like naked festival where you guys naked together and who liked who's dick more?
Speaker 4: So we actually weren't naked to Splash Most people most people aren't there, this one talking to you into getting naked at the very end, and we were hanging out on one of those lily pads which is a large phone float People carry them behind their boat. So we were naked for like 10 minutes.
Speaker 1: I've got to say Ryan was definitely that child that was just perpetually naked, like I mean you have an aversion to cloak for real. I mean it's either a speedo, but you rock a speedo really well, we actually. What I will do is I will post in the video portion of this you guys in your best speedo moments, because I think I have a phone full of your speedo.
Speaker 2: Do we have a picture of you guys when you first were, when you were as a right hippie hollow? Oh, yes, there is. Let's post that picture.
Speaker 3: So actually too, just to start like leading up to hippie hollow. So this was after you talked about. You know, we met up at Shin's birthday party and then, you know, I think there's a little period between there we weren't sure if I was kind of flaky or what was going on, and then I heard you plan to go to hippie hollow for splash. I knew that I was especially after that whole party was definitely like developed and you know feelings and interest. I mean, we were really on each other at you know appropriate way, at the whole party. I mean, like you know, we were already talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were cousins it was already like saying that we were together or something like that.
Speaker 3: So that of course made it feel like I've gone a little more. But I was going down to splash separately, so we weren't like playing and meeting up down there.
Speaker 1: But is that when you guys started like literally never parting from each other side?
Speaker 4: No Memorial Day. We saw each other one more time before he went on AIDS Life Cycle 2022.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you had a whole seven day break. I must have been really hard for you.
Speaker 4: And I picked him up from the airport when he got back from that.
Speaker 1: Okay. So we know how you two were like. Literally, you could not part these people, these two guys apart. How are you like this when you're in a relationship? Do you want to be together all the time or do you like space? I like space Girl, me too.
Speaker 2: With my boyfriend right now. I love going home to him and I love having our nights together, but during the day and it's what's kind of I think upsets him is I don't text him a lot during the day and I'm like I don't want to, but we have very busy jobs. But I have had other relationships where they're like you're not like talking to me all the time and I'm like who does he actually have to do?
Speaker 1: I screwed up one of my biggest relationships over that exact thing. I was like look, I'm working and I worked till this hour and I can't text all day, and like I forget to text and everybody who spends with me knows that I always forget to text back I mean, like you just have to text me, it's not like personal.
Speaker 2: Well, give me in the group chat. So I'm like, give me the close notes I got to know what the hell's going on and give it to me in two sentences.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I am the same way. I need like definite space. You guys clearly don't, because I don't think I've ever seen you guys apart in the last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're together all the time, but I think we still find well, maybe I'll speak to myself, I'll find the like. We find our ways. Even if we're in the same house, we'll listen to his crime shows and say her college, maybe I need to do something else somewhere else in the house. We still find ways to like have our own time or be in our own space.
Speaker 1: A little bit, but it's a different yeah.
Speaker 3: So I think that's good and it's definitely been like a learning.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've talked about some of your past relationships Like, was this? Like new, a new thing? Like was Brad the one that was like, oh my God, I can't be apart from him? Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I think this is the first one. It's like I ever felt that, like this, I think that good, easy, comfortable, fun, like all, all like the things to be.
Speaker 1: That's actually a good, a good segue, so that might be a reason that you actually want to spend the rest of your life with him. What about you?
Speaker 4: So so same reasons. You know, fun, easy going. But also I've always felt like I needed space before, and this is the first time that I don't feel a little bit claustrophobic if I'm around him, you know, for a week straight with no, no like outings by ourselves.
Speaker 2: Now I have been on some journeys of past relationships with Bradley where he has been very frustrated with his partners at those times.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: I remember Bradley being like when am I going to meet somebody? And I just delivered him to you.
Speaker 1: So, as a couple, what I've always loved about you guys is you both like literally have to be together all the time, and we had a super fun 4th of July 2022, when you decided to ask Brad to be your boyfriend, which pissed off some people on the trap, who will remain nameless. It ended in firework for real. We almost burned down your parents' house, you drugged your dog by accident with a weed brownie and, yeah, this all happened in Homs, south of Florida. Last year.
Speaker 3: We did a couple like actual dates and really started getting close after Memorial Day weekend and he had asked me out to be his boyfriend the morning after my birthday fool party and I said I'm really, I'm really leaving that way, but I think I need a little more time.
Speaker 1: Ryan was dating somebody else-ish. Were you dating?
Speaker 3: No, I was just like an interest. I mean, maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: How many people you date at once. It's Ryan we're talking about. I mean, this is old Ryan.
Speaker 3: He was like that early stage just met him right after so, but he was coming at the fool party and it already expressed clearly not liking the idea of me and to Bradley. And then I had this revelation where I was like fuck that, no, like I want to invite this guy over, and I think I cut together a really nice text and he ended up coming over to the full party.
Speaker 1: And the other guy left and I got to keep Bradley. So that was your birthday.
Speaker 3: That was the birthday.
Speaker 1: And then you're like I need, I need Bradley to come to Homeless Nasset with me.
Speaker 3: So Homeless Nasset kind of built up, because it was actually the frame that set off fireworks there was some, you know, we started. Basically, my mom and I was hey, we want to get out of town before the Delilah, me and your, you know your dad, and so on. So can you just, you know, come out and watch the house and say, mom, can I throw a rage? And she's like, absolutely, of course, that's how my mom is.
Speaker 1: So I started inviting people. We've now all hung out with Cindy and Cindy is the coolest mom and I love nothing more. I just have to say she tried to steal my man. She's in love now with Adam's boyfriend. She asked me every time I was coming on the boat did her boobs look good? And I was like you have amazing boobs and she can rock a bikini and she's really amazing. So she asked you to come watch the house. Yeah, that didn't go so well.
Speaker 3: So into the padding you know, people approved one of the the game where. Bradley was part of this, so we had a whole group and then we decided let's go out for the day for more. You know, drive about an hour and a half away to stop at home with Sasa and just go hang out with them at the screens at the boat and stuff. So that's how we ended up at home with Sasa last year.
Speaker 1: And then we went into Manatee Pub, which, I have to tell you, this was an amazing experience. Last time they would not let us in the first time because they thought we had booze in our Taco Bell cups which we definitely did and I, of course, grew a fit and I was like I was trying to get cash and beers for my friends Hopefully it's fine. I was very aggressive and then when we came back we didn't have the shirts on because we gave all the shirts to your mom's friends.
Speaker 3: Because I love them. It said USA of Gay. Yeah, usa of Gay.
Speaker 1: We didn't make you wear one this year, adam. Yes, we'll definitely put the picture of that one too, because those were great and they loved us so much after that moment, I mean. Well, they said that we had to wear shirts, and then a very lovely lady gave me a shirt.
Speaker 2: Not the one that was working the pizza. No, not her.
Speaker 1: Donna gave me this amazing shirt. It's a pink crop top. I should have more than it today. Now that I think about it, it's only a crop top on Blaine. Yeah, anyway, it's a very cute shirt. I looked cuter in it this year than I did last year, but it was wild and we had a really good time. But then you asked them on the patio and your mom had something to say. You should tell them that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I mean, obviously I've been planning. I think once he was, this was now 4th of July.
Speaker 2: I was already building up.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask him and for me it was really important to do that with my friends there, so it was really cool, I think, to do it that day, fun day with friends, and so when I talked about telling my mom, I kind of wanted to ask him out.
Speaker 2: She takes me outside the Manatee Club and she's like but, now, you can't say that yeah, I was like oh, it's extra, just him.
Speaker 3: And we were like, okay, of course.
Speaker 2: No more gay hands. So let me ask you this, Riley Were you surprised when he asked you?
Speaker 4: I actually think I was. I didn't think it was going to happen that quickly, because it's only been about two weeks prior that he said he needed a minute.
Speaker 2: You turned him down two weeks prior. And then what made you jump the gun so quick?
Speaker 3: Maybe it was the tequila.
Speaker 2: The tequila talking, and we know how that goes.
Speaker 1: I got to say it was a super cute moment to witness and it was a really fun environment. I mean we were like dancing and partying in that bar. I mean we really had changed it. So literally, these people in very right wing, almost ass of Florida who probably haven't ever seen a gay person well, actually we learned about all the gay people in their lives, by the way, which I thought it's just hysterical.
Speaker 2: This place is a dive, like it is. They smoke in the bar. It's a dive bar Like. I walked in there this year and I was like fuck are we?
Speaker 1: As a former smoker, I literally cannot believe still there is any place ever that has smoking in the bar, and I totally forgot. In this year they did too. It's wild, but we were dancing, singing like highway to hell with them by the end of the night I just chose the most romantic location I could think of, and that's the place. I'm definitely inserting the video of the highway to hell because then I feel like everybody can you know and get ready for it because it might be loud. So turn down your car stereo, bradley, when you're listening on Apple Podcast. But yeah, I've got to say like everybody was like so accepting, they were so excited that you guys were boyfriends, and then they kept coming up to us telling us about every gay person in their lives, including the pizza lady, by the way, her husband, who you did not meet because he was hospitalized, apparently this year or about to be. He has a lesbian and two gay sons and also has 12 kids.
Speaker 2: If I remember right, he's got 12 kids.
Speaker 1: Are you really shocked. You got a list into the timeline and I really wish I was a little more sober or had written it down. I went to Ryan and I said timeline on these 12 kids with the baby mamas and then with the woman he's with didn't have a kid. She also didn't have any teeth, but she didn't, and neither did he, and they were so nice. But we learned about all of his gay kids. And then I was like the timeline is like really weird. You must have had like three baby mamas at the same time. I mean really there was no way to do these masks for how long they had been together. It was really shocking.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a gay relationship.
Speaker 1: So here, a year goes by, okay, and you still haven't left his side. Let's be honest.
Speaker 4: So it moved in together in January.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest problem in your relationship has actually been the coffee with gays podcast. I do you know how many times we've been here and Brad's like well, gotta get Ryan back.
Speaker 2: I mean it's time. Well, I mean, these things do you take eight hours in a day. So I can understand that, because people are not prepared.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Who is late today, bitch?
Speaker 2: when we say late, I mean you were an hour late today 47 minutes late today I called you and let you know it's gonna be an hour late and I said please have everything set up. So when I walked in, I can sit down and we can roll, but we are not gonna be there, we're gonna move over and, furthermore, that's the relationship.
Speaker 1: Well, I know I said I wasn't gonna yell, but I have to say we had to go over today's content so that we have a nice organized flow and we're not just going off the handle, which is a lot of feedback we got on episode one and two. That's why this will be edited. I'm done with Mrs Bailey the talent.
Speaker 2: So a year later, you organized a trip back to home, assassin.
Speaker 1: Basically, ryan came to me a few months prior. I mean, you've really been planning this for a while. I will say that's something that's super cute about Ryan. I think he's just such a planner and everything that, like, I really can't even remember the first time. Okay, you wouldn't think it. Why, with this engagement, he has been hemming and hawing over this I think since January. Would that be accurate?
Speaker 3: Even sooner, I think. One thing that like now, you know, like last summer there was a lot of songs. I'm not going to steal your song.
Speaker 1: If you guys steal my song, which will remain nameless for my future husband, but I will bitch. Nobody stealing my Christian song. That is my song. Christian, I love you with. No, you have a song. No, you have a thousand country songs that you can have and you got like what? Like Reba McIntyre, you love both. Love Reba McIntyre, huge fans.
Speaker 3: She's got a huge catalog, the point is that summer last year home assassin started getting some songs together and just very naturally ended up naming the playlist wedding. I was like you know what I'm just going to like, let myself name this. I don't really know why, but whatever you know, I'm going to go with it and kind of start this, kind of started adding to that playlist and then our relationship kind of kept. You started it. Then I mean at least the song playlist it's a little psychotic Cause you're in like let's start it down. Just saying it was feelings towards that which was blowing my mind, Cause, like I felt, like, can I accept that, you know, like am.
Speaker 1: I ready. I have to ask Brad, I have to ask him did he share the playlist with you and were you like, okay with?
Speaker 4: it. So I knew that he had a playlist, but he did not tell me what it was titled until just a couple months ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, cause I probably would have brought it.
Speaker 2: So I want to ask this did you guys have the marriage talk Like previously? Was it like a month ago, two months ago, like? And who was like hey, if we do this, I am proposing not you Like? How did that come up?
Speaker 1: This is great because I think, especially like the straight listeners, are super confused by how we date each other and who asked the question.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not only who asked the question, but the whole break out, because it's usually the man asked the female. So not calling you the female, brad, but how did that go down?
Speaker 1: I would actually say you're the butcher one too. So how did it go?
Speaker 4: After the initial me asking him out and him not being ready. Yes, we've talked about it, probably since late in the summer. You know made mention of, you know, getting married, more so after the beginning of the year, after we were actually living together.
Speaker 2: Now, are you two lesbians? I thought I'll move fast, Damn girl. I just backed you up and dropped the shirt up.
Speaker 1: Do you think we have to clarify this for people like? There is a term you hall lesbian?
Speaker 2: you hall lesbians and that's because you hall lesbians. God help us. Any lesbians listen to this.
Speaker 1: No, they'll agree with you. I actually had my best girlfriend that we went to Pride with, as she is a you hall lesbian, and she's like damn, I'm a new lesbian and I'm a you hall lesbian.
Speaker 2: So what are you hall? Lesbian is basically you meet somebody and then you move right in together and then next thing you know you're getting married Dogs cats, furniture, everything it sounds like my relationship. It sounds like your relationship.
Speaker 1: It was definitely your relationship, so are you a lesbian?
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't say that we still. I mean, we stayed together mostly, but we lived separately for more than six months, or about six months.
Speaker 3: Are you really separate?
Speaker 1: I distinctly remember you had your condo, which is in our gay neighborhood and Ryan's house is a little further out.
Speaker 4: We maintained our own places to go back to if we should want to, did you?
Speaker 2: So instead of you hall lesbians, they're the several lesbians.
Speaker 1: Zero lesbians. They just went between their two homes.
Speaker 2: But that's awesome that you can do that, because then that means that you two are very well connected. So that's amazing.
Speaker 1: I could never say that much from one person.
Speaker 2: Well, nobody could stand still and living with you 24-7.
Speaker 1: I got to say I was really happy to spend so much time with Matt and homeless assa and I give that boy a lot of credit for dealing with you every single day. And, if you can, find someone if you can find someone, then I definitely can. There's hope because that waving thing, your stuff, I just I couldn't the loudness I mean wow.
Speaker 2: That is the pot calling the kettle black with the loudness.
Speaker 1: Cleans the kitchen, helps you cook. He doesn't say anything like mean and all. He's just like really just super helpful and sweet. So if you can find it, I can too. I told him if you, because you found an angel.
Speaker 2: I told him if you keep it together, I give him 500 bucks.
Speaker 1: Well, 500 bucks, 500 bucks an hour, that's what I say for you.
Speaker 3: We know, if you get your heaven, who's coming after it.
Speaker 1: Your mom. Yeah, he's already got a second in line, cindy. Cindy's coming for Matt. Like you've got a competition girl, you better treat him right.
Speaker 2: And if it ain't Matt then it might be Mike, so go out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike, your dad likes him too.
Speaker 3: He's the most flame-point one out of this group, really.
Speaker 1: I mean, I got your dad saying gr.
Speaker 3: I know, but.
Speaker 1: I got his dad saying gr. Like literally the straightest, most Florida man you can meet is saying gr now and he wore a Speedo. And he wore a Speedo, which was really, really amazing.
Speaker 2: We all jumped on a flight, went to home, assassin.
Speaker 1: I got to back it up just a little bit. There were two engagement times. We had AIDS Life Cycle and we had home assassin. Florida and Ryan could not decide when it was. Did you think it was going to be an AIDS Life Cycle, Brad? I thought there was a chance. I mean seven days in a tent with someone. You should know that.
Speaker 4: I mean, we hadn't hit our official one year yet, so I wasn't completely surprised when it didn't. But that was one of the options that I kind of had in the back of my mind.
Speaker 2: Now, were you in small state and couldn't pitch a tent when you were on the AIDS Life Cycle, or did you have to have somebody else help you?
Speaker 1: I still don't understand that. By the way, like just the showers, it's just something like oh no, I couldn't do it. I couldn't. Oh, it's in the sweat, maybe it's actually kind of hot. It is Really, brad, you like to do.
Speaker 4: Actually, I got to say so everything was really easy, besides the biking.
Speaker 1: Seven days biking 800, 600 miles with like 587 or whatever the hell the line is. But I mean you must know then.
Speaker 3: And then you did kind of know I'm not going to lie, I feel like it was a bit of a. It was a test, right. We're going to see like how we're going to be together biking together 545 miles, and I mean he never really biked before, Early on he got the spike. He did hardly any training rides.
Speaker 4: And he showed up and killed it and it was amazing.
Speaker 3: So we didn't kill each other.
Speaker 1: We were like the opposite of that. I think you need to explain too that, like people train for this for six, seven months and I am now an honorary Funky Monkey Rody, I guess, since I've now been to two of these- that's his group, that he bikes with so Funky Monkeys. We love you. They're also supportive too, by the way. Hey, rody, I am, I'm a Rody, I don't want to do it, I am a crony. I set up charcuterie at the end of the ride and have a little go. Oh, you can do it there, but you can't do it here. Not for you. The Funky Monkeys all day long. Yeah, they're not hangary, they're not rude, they're like actually really nice when I show up with charcuterie, but whatever, you just bitch about it. And so, anyway, after that, you definitely were like I'm ready, I'm ready, we're going to do this in Homosassa. La was definitely not probably the right vibe for it. Obviously, you guys had just gotten back. So then I thought it was super cute. And then I got super excited about Homosassa because I knew it was probably happening. But you still have reservations.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're going to smell some tea. I mean it's life cycle like maybe come like our thing or maybe my thing, whatever, but like that was a great event and I think there's also a part of me that I'm going to speak up for Brad here.
Speaker 1: It's going to be your thing. I don't think Brad's idea of fun is seven days of the bike ride.
Speaker 4: I mean, you guys did train like not seven days every year, but I would definitely do it with them again, and when I do it again, I want to take a newbie along with us as well. So one of you decide.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do it. I said I'd do it in 20. What are you doing? 2025? I'll do it. I'm terrified to bike on those roads, but it's fine, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: I'll do it. It's a low bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll be taking the bus all time, for sure. Actually, how about you and I do it together and then I'll take the bus?
Speaker 4: And they have so many snacks.
Speaker 2: She would love it, I'd have a little blood sugar in the mouth. No, it was one on one, I'd be dead.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine his sugars on that ride? It did the crash in the whole time. This diabetes over here.
Speaker 3: I'm a king of crashing.
Speaker 1: I'm a king of crashing. Let's talk about the proposal. So you've been planning it for a long time, for real, but you really did not have the best plan. How did you have to admit?
Speaker 3: it. I feel like you're right, I feel like you'd kind of been on my mind but honestly, the plan wasn't really a plan until very last minute.
Speaker 1: So you had the wedding play let's, but no proposal plan.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can say that Told you it's good shooting.
Speaker 1: Tell everyone. Actually, I thought it was really cute. I have to say, as the overbearing Christianer, mom and gender of this crew, I was like Ryan, what is your plan? Like what? How are you going to propose? Like, where are we doing this? We need to have five camera angles, which, by the way, even very handy, I have to say.
Speaker 2: And if you haven't seen the footage, you may want to watch it because it's quite hysterical with what happens we are going to propose to it for sure.
Speaker 1: So about a week before you finally got it all together.
Speaker 2: Well, we were. It was the last podcast that we did remember and we were talking about, you know, because I had asked, because you guys told me you better be there for home assassin, and I was like why?
Speaker 1: You tried to like back out. I was going to murder you.
Speaker 2: I wasn't putting too much together and I wasn't thinking about it. And then I remember Ryan. Ryan was like you need to be there, you need to be there. And I was like, oh, I think this is happening. So then we talked at the last podcast and I was like is this going to be the proposal? And you were like yes, and I was like how are you going to do it? And you were like I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think we need to talk about this quick and then fast forward. The funny thing is, when I was like grilling him about this, I think on a Sunday, sunday, he's like oh, I bought this show, I bought blood and did this and I was like, wow, you got that together really quick Because you didn't have a plan. And I've been waiting now for AIDS Life Cycle on the Homostaster, which I almost canceled in June, and I'm like, when is this happening?
Speaker 3: Yeah, homelessness. So, like you said, you know, like Nobody knows that.
Speaker 1: Homelessness is scallop capitalist.
Speaker 3: Scalloping scallops is the capital of the world, although we didn't find any actual scallops, but I'm going to differ.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a very Florida or Texas thing where everything is the capital of the world. I mean literally my grandpa's town, carthage, texas, is like the best small titty. You know, titty titty, the best small titty in the world. And I definitely disagree. Like Carthage Texas.
Speaker 2: The best little whorehouse in Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and in Homelessness I allegedly is a scallop capitalist. I have a very good friend whose family does scalloping and outside of New Jersey To help people understand what scalloping is basically.
Speaker 3: we're going out in the Gulf with my mom and dad's boat and we had the circle gear and the idea was you're going out maybe like three to six foot deep water.
Speaker 2: You kind of go out of your snorkeling and you're looking for these scallops.
Speaker 3: You go down and you catch them. So I got the idea. I think, once it really started coming together, it's going to be Homelessness and the idea of doing it while scalloping. So we're getting all these scallops and I thought oh, there's going to be one in the you know I'll get put the special one in the bucket.
Speaker 1: With all the scallops that we were supposed to get With all these scallops.
Speaker 3: And there's going to be that one special scallop and I'll be like oh my. God Bradley, look at this one.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about why we didn't find a scallop. I have a beef with Mike that we have to talk about. We'll make him a listener, but he didn't keep, like driving through the cupcake island. First of all, anybody from the South knows you always get weird directions when you go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Mile marker four go after the bird's nest To the right we couldn't find the bird's nest. And then look to the right and there's an island that looks like a cupcake. We look to the right and it's just a whole bunch of fucking islands. And I'm going that not one looked like a cupcake. And I go well, that was the thing is. I'm like, okay, well, who wants to say what one looks like a cupcake? Because I ain't doing that, because I'm going to get in trouble.
Speaker 1: I picked one, but clearly your dad was just like. I'm done with this.
Speaker 3: You haven't sure.
Speaker 1: He's like we're just dropping anchor here and I was like, okay, cool. And then I decided to get in the water. I was like, oh, I was like it's 10 feet down. It's only four foot and I'm like it's deeper than that Because the grass is so long here and it literally like I was like dying swimming down with the scuba gear right, and I tried for a very long time because I'm like we are going to make this proposal happen.
Speaker 2: We are Ryan Watt. We have to back up a little bit. So I flew my drone down from Maryland for this specifically. Well, I shipped it. I shipped it.
Speaker 1: So and this is the first time that I was flying this you know what I'm going to say that's one, because I have to say, like this one's sitting here doesn't know what to do and we're like we have to get all the camera angles, we have to have something edited. It's a beautiful video, like a full proposal.
Speaker 2: So we shipped.
Speaker 1: I shipped the drone down, got it to Hermos, asma charged it up, we got on the boat Ryan starts circling for I was circling, first trying to find all these damn scallops and I'm like there's no scallops, and then Mike is just clearly not going to move the boat. But between me being in there with this plan and setting up three camera angles that I had brought, and tripods, by the way, I brought all of our gear and you had the drone I get out of the water and then Ryan, it's in the water.
Speaker 2: There was no plan, okay, but there was a code word. So let me let me first start off with that. So we we had 30 minutes with this drone to fly it into the air and at 30 minutes the drone is done. So we launched the drone at at a point in the golf and it took off.
Speaker 1: So, ryan, told you to mind the time when we were back at the house and because the drone only has 30 minutes.
Speaker 2: I already launched it Because I thought I thought we were going for it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Ryan gets in the water. We have no clue, we had no code word. And then I just hear him like, well, we got to do this and Ryan's in the water, just floddy doddy and I'm going, we got to do this.
Speaker 2: And then next thing, you know, the alarm of the drone starts going off and it's like beater, beater.
Speaker 1: In the video, you can hear it. And it is so loud.
Speaker 2: I am sweating, going, oh shit, not only is this battery going to die, but can I land this back on the boat? And I'm like, oh my God, is this going to work? So I am flying it. I am, I am stressed, I am nervous and I'm like we got to do this. And then you hear Blaine. He's like why am I ready yet? We can't do it right now? And I'm like what? And he's pulling up Drive on all these phone, 35 cameras, some center from 20 years. I'm like what the fuck are you doing? Get the cameras and let's roll with this. And then Matt starts going right, we got to go. So then Brad swims in and gets up on the ledge and I'm like, all right, we got to go this one's coming back.
Speaker 1: Finally, I'm trying to get the tripod down because nobody gave me the code word. I mean, it was literally like that and you were just sitting there like this, do your thing.
Speaker 4: To be fair, you were filming something the whole weekend before that, so I really didn't think that much into it.
Speaker 2: Whenever you're getting a tripod out, so literally, you have Brad getting onto the boat, you have Ryan out in the water, you've got Matt and Blaine ruffling around trying to get shit together. I've got this dam remote going and I'm sweating going. Fuck, this thing's gonna crash and I'm like it's gonna crash in the golf. So Ryan starts swimming back up. Brad sits there and decides I'm gonna get back in the water and I'm like don't get in the water, don't get in the water. And I'm like, oh my God, I can't do this, like I can't do this. And then Brad gets back out of the water and Ryan comes up and I have to run to the front of the boat because I'm going shit, this guy, dan Jones, gonna land in the golf because it was trying to find it home. We had moved on so that was the thing is it kept saying Returning to home, which returning to home was about a mile and a half away, and it would just launch its ass as fast as it could to get back, because I was down to like 6% battery and I am sweating going. I've got this damn $1400 drone that's going to land a mile and a half way and I don't even have the footage.
Speaker 1: You know, what's funny about this is you actually told me even though I've actually flown Jones before, you said I Play the drone because it would land in the ocean.
Speaker 2: I said you will crash my drone into the ocean.
Speaker 1: You're not flying my drone and I said how do you know you're not gonna crash in the ocean?
Speaker 2: and I said I won't so today.
Speaker 3: So Ryan, there's one and gets in the boat and if you watch the video, yeah, it's like some chill tropical house music playing. We're like getting together girl so got on the boat and then said Found the only the one scallop that I need to find, the only one that matters, and that's when I pulled out the.
Speaker 1: It was a very good line, because I was freaking out that we hadn't bought scallops.
Speaker 2: Matt, matt talked about Matt, talked about you this I'm just gonna buy scallops and put them in a fucking bucket.
Speaker 1: We were gonna do that and I was like, oh my god, I didn't think we actually need scallops, but that was a very good line.
Speaker 2: Let's give the two parts of that. So, while Ryan is Slowly talking about his love for Bradley in the most slow way that he possibly, can?
Speaker 3: I was intentionally slow because I was like, wait, I'm supposed to take my time for this. We're getting like the idea of it, like I didn't want to go too fast. And I didn't maybe find you realize just how slow I was going.
Speaker 1: Brad, did you realize how slow Ryan was going?
Speaker 4: I thought he was just trying to think about his words.
Speaker 2: Oh honey, while he was thinking about his words, me and Mike are at the front of the boat trying to catch a fucking bird.
Speaker 1: Really were they ran to the front I was filming and I was sitting there like Ryan, fucking say it Now because we had talked a lot about your speed, which you had written out, yes, and you didn't use it part of it, like in the moment were you completely nervous. I tell yeah. I mean I think that was as an observer. For me that was the cutest part, because I think Ryan is such a confident, like you know, he's really never nervous about anything you could literally tell he was so nervous, which is the cutest thing, which probably only Bradley could do, and where, you know Bradley, I think just that they're smiling like that felt a little bit.
Speaker 4: I was a little bit nervous once I knew what was happening speaking of nervous people in that book While they're proposing.
Speaker 2: The damn drone launched out to go return to home and I was Fighting it with the wind and it trying to return and I started to fly it back and I was like, oh my god, we got this and it went right up to the boat and then a Don't ride on Ryan's. We lost power and the bitch hit Ryan in the head. Watch that video.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: These are my favorite comments I've seen on social media so far, because we did launch just a little preview of it. When are you okay? I Mean that was. It was a really hard hit. I didn't. That thing was going full speed. If anybody has ever flown a drone, like a drone is very hard to fight. I'm gonna give this one, even though you are a lovable idiot and of course you would do this and hit Ryan in the middle of his proposal. But it was frickin hysterical. But like those drones, when they die, I mean they just fall out of the air. They're just that the weight?
Speaker 2: is that matter that batteries heavy as hell?
Speaker 1: drones heavy there's four blades and that whole thing came right down on your head.
Speaker 2: That was the crazy part is how in the hell of all places did it land great on your head like it. It died legit great over top you and he's like.
Speaker 3: I mean I knew you had a drone bed, no idea. Also happened with battery dying.
Speaker 2: I'm in there.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to get my words out and I hear and I'm just assuming always flying like the drone around us getting put into this.
Speaker 2: I'm on the front of those looking like a moped. I.
Speaker 1: Would hit you on the head. You don't know what's happened. This one, very Impressively, dives in from the front of the boat, swims to grab the drone, which everybody has asked this question as well. What happened to the drone? It is still alive. We are. You're gonna have it at your wedding. It's the. While we don't have it alive, the battery is at the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 2: I knew that it hit the water, that it was toast. There's no way that that thing was coming back up. But what I was afraid of is that Card coming out of the camera and I was freaking out and I was trying to get it up as fast as possible in the mix and it was still it was going on.
Speaker 1: Your recovery was impressive and I think people are asking, like what was your? What was the after number one? What did? Were you thinking, or did you even know what happened? Because I mean, a drone hits you that heavy like out of nowhere and then you just said, well, you're going viral, yeah, and then you actually finished the proposal. Very well, yeah.
Speaker 3: I honestly just see you and, like you, know what happened. Like you said, just that tunnel vision and that was in the moment. It's like whoa and then keep going like it was actually.
Speaker 1: You know what I have to say. I think the drone up a lot of people have said Was the drone objecting to your marriage, but I actually think it saved your proposal because it means you get concise and ready to go. Yeah, and I did remind you to ask him to actually marry you.
Speaker 2: So what did you think that happened? Like? What were you like? What the hell is this shit?
Speaker 4: No, I, I was facing it. I saw it the last second that was falling.
Speaker 1: And you just like. It's amazing how Brad just doesn't have necessarily a reaction to it the whole time. He's just going like and he's like for you guys and he's like for you guys. Yeah, I mean you said yes before he even asked you to marry. So there's that. I mean that's a big resounding yes, it's pretty obvious, so it was happening. Yeah, we don't have the copy with gays insurance plan yet. Clearly this is dangerous. Dangerous like Industry that we're in, especially with Loveable idiot over here flying drones. I would have been a better drone player. I'm just saying I was right, you were wrong, but at least I captured the moment in three different cameras.
Speaker 2: You have to watch the video. If you haven't seen the video, you have to watch it because it is hysterically Funny. Like I've showed it to people who don't even know us and they just cry laughing.
Speaker 1: I will make sure that we have the full proposal because actually a lot of people were like, love, the drone hit, super funny. But now they want to see the whole thing. It is actually really good. Have you seen it yet? With the, with the drones in it, it's yeah, it's about four minutes and it's um, it's actually really beautiful. It's like the whole boat and the pan out. Have you seen it yet? I haven't seen it. I haven't seen your proposal video yet. That's one thing I gotta say. If I ever do Get engaged off all your journey, well, maybe hit me in the head, I don't know, I have to. I like it better. I like a perfect proposal gone wrong. Um, but yeah, I would. I would want all those angles, like, I would want all those angles. So that's why I was like, oh my god, we have to get all the angles, and Mainly not just for like content, but really for you guys, because I think it's like amazing, it's a great proposal video and a lot of people have asked me about it because you guys are so cute.
Speaker 4: We'll let you guys do our wedding video too.
Speaker 1: I mean speaking of the wedding I've not talked about anything like this shit. I think I'm planning your wedding more than you are a week from yesterday, bradley. Why isn't it? Where's my invitation and what side of the aisle am I gonna be? I don't know. I'm gonna find out. I mean, how do you decide that it's gonna be? Is it gonna be in Dallas? Is it gonna be like abroad?
Speaker 2: Who knows, they may want to just go to the courthouse and say screw it and have a party. That's what I would do. And then you're out of it.
Speaker 1: I do hate the wedding ceremonies sometimes, except for the shorter ones. Well, it depends. You got a bridezilla that she wants, like you know, the two-hour. Oh, my god, one of my friends did that to me. It was the two-hour plus Catholic one. It was a lot. Yeah, it was a lot. It's just like I think, like don't spend a lot of money on that part and like spend money on the party because that's what we're all about, yeah, so where's the party.
Speaker 4: She's gonna have enough to make you cry before the party exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean you have like a lot of friends, right, you're probably like one of the kings of Dallas, I would say. I've been here a long time, here a long time. I mean he's got a lot of people. It's gonna be a big one.
Speaker 4: The important people will be there.
Speaker 1: I hope we're gonna be there, anything that, like one of my girlfriends that I've been friends with for a very long time, I was in the bridal party and, because of somebody else, was regulated down to an usher so that the other person and I'm sure you rock that extra position. Me sitting people down.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: me. That is like my worst nightmare. So I don't want to be an extra. If I'm an usher, I just want to just be at the party.
Speaker 2: You know what? Some people on the fucking podcast probably saying bitch, you're lucky for anything.
Speaker 1: Are you? Because here's the deal I've decided after my best friend's wedding I will never be a best man again. Done, done with best man. You have to do too much.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to have a best friend to have be a best man.
Speaker 1: So it's I had a best friend and I'm done, I've done, I've been best man a few times and I'm done, I'm done with it, because you have to deal with everybody else and you know to like hey for everything and then get everyone to reimburse it. It's just, it's too much work, I'm done, I'm too old for that.
Speaker 2: Well, Cheers, cheers to the engagement.
Speaker 1: We're very happy with you.
Speaker 2: I love you guys.
Speaker 1: One other question. I think we should give some advice From you guys to our listeners. So like, what's your advice, like you know, about finding love.
Speaker 3: I hadn't really said that before, but I think it is true. I mean, I wasn't like dating or looking, and then I happened.
Speaker 1: So and you're also like a wild Child or wild angel or something like that, right like and I agree like describe me as free spirit. Yeah, I mean, you went from dating to a relationship to engaged, and like a little over your nap, I would say. So what you're saying is for that last 14 months, yeah, so for that last single girl Me, there's still hope.
Speaker 2: Here's my advice to you work on yourself, hey, and once you work on yourself, I am very happy, I will say, being single, and I am fine with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, if I'm allowed to be a bitter bitch.
Speaker 2: Say girl don't sound like.
Speaker 1: I just think they're the cutest couple in the world and I want to be a bitter bitch, but that's just me and that's my personality and that's my character. So there you go. They have a spare bedroom. There you go. It'd be better than moving in with you, Well cuz I feel you throw a flip flop to you, that's for sure. That's great and I'm gonna say this has been really fun seeing you guys, like you know, grow and you know, become Brian and Bradley, or ride with Ryan and Bradley, I should say, and, brad, I can't wait to get you in more content, okay.
Speaker 3: I think I just have to film it.
Speaker 1: I I'll just film you because I really do think that choke on it pride thing was really funny. So they're like happy day or whatever, and we'll just like if you follow us on tick tock, you'll be seeing a lot of homeless ass. The content I got a lot of shit from you too. Oh god, yeah, I just have you, like I don't know, eating pineapple, trying to stop a diabetic coma and stuff. So, yeah, oh, and the best part is yours by, and I think it's a very good segue into kind of Our next episode, which I know I'm super excited about. It's actually something I'm so excited about that we're re recording it because I Didn't like the first one. So, for everybody with those comments yes, we're kind of redoing it, but it's about chosen family and who we love, who we choose Because we have family and then we have, like, chosen family and I think that that's something like really big in our community. So we're excited to talk about it. Check us out next time. Make sure to subscribe on YouTube and watch the video version of this, because you know it is a. You know a lot of his finger waving. You know how many times I've seen your finger. I'm wrapping it up here. So here's Cheers.
Speaker 3: Bradley.
Speaker 1: Healing with us today. Barney Bradley, we love you and girl, don't break that mug.
Speaker 3: How about we have that kind of budget as soon to be done.