Speaker 1: We're going to be the loud ones. We're willing to speak out.
Speaker 2: I'm not politically correct. If you want the truth, I'll give it to you. We're going to start having this wine.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll show us some true colors.
Speaker 1: Welcome to season two of Coffee with Gays. This is our trailer for the season and we just wanted to take a little moment to say what that we've reintroduced the podcast Coffee with Gays. We took everybody's feedback very, very seriously. For the people who didn't think that I heard you, I have heard you so loud and clear and we've really tried to incorporate Basically it's all going to shut the fuck up If you're still talking. No, they didn't tell me to shut the fuck up. They told me to listen to them and they also told Brian to speak the fuck up.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: It's going to be great this season.
Speaker 1: It's going to be great. But the whole point of Coffee with Gays I think we all really agree that we all wanted a platform that was a little different from everything, and I have taken this month break to listen to probably every gay podcast out there and I was horrified. It was absolutely like if I heard one more talk of safe spaces and all these fricking talking points that our community loves, now I will chill it out and sit back down.
Speaker 3: I was just like hearing that for an entire week in Orlando at the Outnequal conference.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of it is. We know in our community that we have a very diverse group. I would say I think our community is very diverse in our views, but the loudest people in our community don't actually Right here in this room. Well, we're going to be the loud ones. We're willing to speak out. We're willing to speak out about the things that everyone talks about behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: Here's the first thing. I'm very one that just fucked bullshit. I still care. I'm not politically correct, Don't really care. And if you want the truth I'll give it to you.
Speaker 1: If you don't want the truth, don't ask me for your opinion and I, on the other hand, am slightly politically correct. Actually, I would say I'm politically correct and I think I'm also well-informed.
Speaker 3: I think Blaine is probably the most well-informed of this group, and I'm also the centrist.
Speaker 1: I think he's the biggest bullshiter of this group.
Speaker 3: Maybe that too A well-informed bullshiter.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's all, anybody is right. So look, we're not here to discuss, only call attacks or anything like that. We also don't want to re-discuss the topic.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll discuss it when we're hearing your bubble.
Speaker 1: No, we're not daffying about that. That's what I'm sick of is that's. All we talk about is narrowing your bubble and stuff.
Speaker 3: And it won't be here because I go and get it waxed.
Speaker 1: So now we'll talk about that and CO2 lasers. So, yeah, the idea is to really have a platform and to really talk about these diverse topics within our community that we all talk about behind closed doors. Everyone's afraid to talk about it, so we're going to talk about it on fricking coffee with gay Throw that no card I'd also like to introduce.
Speaker 2: It's not just the three of us now. I now have my loving man beside me, jared oh oh, you've got Jared.
Speaker 3: I thought that was going somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Jared is a new addition to my life, and then Ryan.
Speaker 3: I've got many men. This is Ryan, has many men behind him. I just wanted to talk about all these men behind me. So I also do. You know, I've done Airbnb Mr B&B and I like to kind of create that experience. So Mr B&B is like an Airbnb for LGBTQ community, basically gay guys come is kind of what it was. But I really thought it'd be cool to, in my Airbnb, have like local art from a gay artist. So he's actually in Austin but Shane Shane Loza designs, and so this was a few years ago. So he's done different types of art but like these are photos of guys that he's then taken this artwork and done like this two tone art. Yeah, so these are all like real guys. You kind of took this artwork.
Speaker 1: I will say, you did promise a new set and I like this set up a lot better.
Speaker 2: I just thought that we should have something different, because I was always looking across, then across, across I used to say across, fucking blame to look at Ryan. So now I get what it's directly that I brought it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they give him some of that. Yeah, hey, it's great, great online, I know I like this set up like so much better.
Speaker 1: I think this is really much better for a conversation and it's way more fun. And I do love the cowboy and I love all the mitts in the background. My background has not changed. I got a little bit of Adam's old background, but I can now flail about and have all my drinks, which I'm super excited about. What's? Today's topic about. Today's topic is actually about something that is near and dear to your heart and something that happened really recently Catfishing.
Speaker 2: Well, not just catfishing.
Speaker 3: Exactly, it is also like the internet security, Not the internet security, but the tech companies right and how they can secure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about catfishing as our intro, but the real thing that we want to talk about is really the role and responsibility of these social media companies and app developers for things like Grindr, scrave, all these, and Tinder, quite frankly, and Bumble, I think there's just so many safety concerns. So, really, you had something that happened that really spurred this conversation, where you got in big trouble with your boyfriend.
Speaker 2: It was like a month ago, I guess it was. Yeah, I went to Maryland and that called me and said, what are you doing, o'brien? And I said, what are you talking about? And it was a bold picture from when I was, I guess, in my early 20s, like maybe mid-20s, I guess, of last year.
Speaker 3: When you were going to the gym.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remote Rio when you were a lot. Well, I was a lot. I was a lot in that picture. So anyway, yeah it was a picture of my Grindr, I mean like a. I guess it was a torture shot.
Speaker 1: No, it was you and a cowboy hat down and then you had, like I don't know, chaps on or something.
Speaker 2: That is bullshit. I don't have a picture of one. I've never had a picture of that.
Speaker 1: First of all, have the text from your boyfriend. I'm going to put it into the YouTube video right now so everybody can see what you look like. It was you, and like these rubber chaps with mud on you. And then you had a cowboy hat and you were looking down, was you? There's an old photo, like you recognize photo.
Speaker 2: First of all, I don't even think I have a photo like or like, even ever had a photo like that.
Speaker 1: It's definitely you.
Speaker 2: I know that picture was of me, but I don't think that was the picture anyway. So, anyway, so, so, so somebody took a picture when it were, put it up. This is not being the first time of my life. I also have an alias. His name is Sebastian.
Speaker 1: True, I did remind your boyfriend of that. When we're just, he's in San Antonio. You know, I think this really goes into a lot of what people do, right is they post a profile on Instagram and he used all your photos, including your dead grandmother. Is this count still us? It's still, but it is no longer Adam. He's changed to a new guy and he's a doctor in San Antonio, so he's now taking somebody else's photos. Yes, delete it all your photos. And now he's added new photos with a different person.
Speaker 2: Now was very upset by this, and I was. First of all, I was staying at my dad's house, like I was. I was also in the shower when this all probably went down. So I flew to Baltimore, I got an eye, were trying to link up like social or not just read, but what? Wake up his life. So then, say his car to blue jigs because brownie got disconnected lots up. I was helping you with this car and those help me with this truck. Jumped in the shower and then the phone starts ringing and it was Matt and I was like in the shower Don't make it be was going on music. Why are you a grinder I was talking about. He's like they're right here. I'm like I'm not over here. He's like this is you and like semi picture was a that is me Be from a long time ago, but yeah, that is me. So he's like I and I'm gonna. Why we? Why are you in frame?
Speaker 1: It was on grinder because we had talked about on an episode of copy with gaze how I had gone on a grinder account without a picture and then Saw that was on there, I'm sure this up in that set. Remember the guy went on a date with and I went on a grinder account that wasn't mine and I checked right after. So Matt listened to that and got the idea that he should check grinder it's your he machine for grinder. I was like he dropped his location as dad's house and then saw a profile video of our picture of a guy.
Speaker 2: I live in the middle of nowhere where there's maybe like eight days and a 15 mile radius, like I, like you know most, like Just like we're Brad's great parents, like there's nothing really wraps anyway. So so Matt got upset now, was like what thought there? And I'm like it's not just it is me, but it's not me would come so was it really?
Speaker 3: wasn't like a week before then, the middle of night, he woke up and said if you just want to go on grinder like, you can do it, or yes?
Speaker 2: yes, so he's like, he's like whatever. So I don't like it. That for nothing he doesn't like. But yes, and I was like if I was on it I would just tell you I'm on it, so anyway. So I was up there for a trip, had to go to New York. A friend of mine was like, hey, are you like? Are you in Baltimore? I saw like you want grinder. I was like, did you just see? Right now I'm just like, yeah, I was like just flight the file, just like a profile and just do it. But the problem is it's like even if you fly them Right here, doesn't take you down.
Speaker 1: So you're just very well aware that this happens a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you too, right, and my first time, though, you have to realize back in when I was in my Later 20s, I was dating a guy in Baltimore. They were out at Christmas time at a Christmas tree farm and they said a friend of mine was like hey, are you on grinder? And I said no, dating great. And they said, well, somebody's got your pictures because they're trying to get me to come over and I'm like where are you? And they're like I've been Baltimore, which is where I live. I'm kidding me. This is the first, isn't in the second, this isn't the third. I've had my pictures used and this is what I know, probably five or six and you have to right Ryan twice, yeah, twice on.
Speaker 3: Instagram, or it was Instagram most recent time. I remember my dad was visiting, had him out from Florida to do some, some work at my house Lots of work always at the house. But and I remember that morning, like someone was kind of similar but like a friend called their text and there was a fake Another profile on Instagram that was using my photos, so they grabbed like Six great photos of me at least they chose good ones.
Speaker 1: Like I will say, your Instagram is very well curated. Adams is pretty trash, but yours is curated well.
Speaker 3: So my dad gets there and I'm trying so that I find out that this person took, you know, my photos, created this account and the link was saying you know, hey, go to something like a, just for fans, calm to you know, see the see more, and so like out, because, also, my dad showed up. My god, are they gonna find out? Are they gonna see it?
Speaker 1: I go see their Son's videos, all mine, whatever it wasn't to be clear, it was not your just for sale, it was somebody else who had put one live.
Speaker 3: So no, someone posted a profile using my photos and had a link that said if you want to see more, go here, basically to see who would click on it, to then go and enter their credit card info. Take their credit card info. I, in my state of being freaked out, of course, like signed up too because I was like, well, let me see what's on there, like do they have anything? And then I quickly realized, oh, this is just like a wicks account and I could really tell that they just like screen shot it and kind of like Branded this thing to look like a legit, just hands account, so just to get, like credit card info, yeah, and so I checked my credit card. There is no like charges or anything and I just, you know, I reported it and reported through wicks and site was taken down right away wicks took down the site.
Speaker 1: But did Instagram take down the site? Because we never got. We reported Adams profile Sebastian in the San Antonio Women. If there are any men named Sebastian San Antonio, he's a liar and he's not a doctor. We know that and he said multiple personas, but they would not take it down.
Speaker 2: So this isn't. People need to be careful because this is up to so friend of my from Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Roy, who is very good looking. Okay, we're gonna post and the YouTube video Picture Roy right now, because he's super hot.
Speaker 2: So Roy Roy is very, very good looking. And when I first moved to Dallas, I was overrinder and Roy's profile popped up and I was like that's odd. And I messaged him on Facebook and it was like, are you in Dallas? And he was like ah, there we go. He's like is there a grander profile? And I was like yeah, and he was like just flag it. I was like well, now I want to know like who's doing it and how it's, how, like what's going on? And I and I got very good at like tracking, like where people were the Nancy Joe Kind of weird, but anyway I could find out where pinpointed was. And it pinpointed it in like a field, downtailed like one of the parks, and I was like this is like pinpointed from another area, like Saudi Pinpoints. So I was like that's really weird how that can happen. How great does that work? So, apparently, like what they did with this is he'd say things. People from another country are Putting his for follow-up and they're sitting there talking and what they do is kind of like what they did with yours is they're putting out and they would say to to whoever Talked to him is, hey, do you want them over? I give the robotic massages and I need a credit card for a booking. So if you go to this booking website that's a little bit of the website and which are credit card information in they put the credit card in for a nation, that, and then they run the credit Courses and they just land stack it. So Roy has been in like I'm just gonna read off some. Some of the big cities many napples March on Nashville, denver, dc, dallas, san Francisco, tallahassee, sydney, new York, orlando, philly, rome, richmond, little.
Speaker 3: Rock, Las Vegas. Wow, this guy gets around. City said and he put this up on his Instagram.
Speaker 2: Basically was like how many people have seen my grinder profile? And he doesn't have right. How many people have seen my grinder profile in your city? And that's from people that are. One is social media of 49 cities that actually engaged it and it. What sad is Just really. Companies don't want to do anything about it. They don't want to make you what one of them verifies makes you.
Speaker 1: Verifies graph does it has the option to verify.
Speaker 2: Every one of them need to make it so that you have to verify. And I also think and this is where the catch 22 is coming in For the gay side and I want to say maybe for the straight side is, if you don't want your face up on that, you can get on there and you can put a picture up Without your face one and it was out verifying it, or you use somebody else's. We need a just grinder tinder with whatever you can. You can put a face up and you don't have to verify it and then you can be incognito and not get busted. If you're cheating or if you're Dane, you don't want to be out and stuff like that. So that's where it's getting grinder. Like well, never do it, because crackers, like all the closeted people would leave, and I still sadly think there's a lot of Closeted people after well, there are.
Speaker 1: We are actually gonna have one on the show, which I do want to mention, since we promised that we would have them as the first season opener, but he had a family emergency, so that will be later on and of future episode, but we will have the someone on about that because I do think there are closeted people. However, you can do age verification in the background. You don't have to have, like a public face, but no one in age verification do who cares? Yeah, take a picture of your driver's license and have it be your photo and your name and your real person.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to take a picture of my license and make my license for fall? No, no, in the background. If I was single and over I'm here, nobody would ever talk.
Speaker 1: So, okay, let's talk about current news situation. Which I really want to talk about is Elon Musk just came out, who everybody knows. I Am kind of an Elon Musk fanboy and I will come out and say that and I will stand behind and die on that hill. I think he's one of the most brilliant people that actually cares in our country and you can hate me for saying that, but it's true and he's like the biggest billionaire ever and he keeps like doing shit, like buying Twitter, which is like a distraction, quite frankly, from like Neuralink and like Starlink and SpaceX and all this stuff. Regardless, he came out the other day and actually said he's been trying to combat bots on Twitter. And, let's be honest, twitter, facebook, instagram, all these fucking companies, even grinder they love Having fake profiles because it increases their user counts. They're able to say they have more monthly active users. They love a bot. They will not want to get rid of bots because then their numbers will go down. They because they're falsely inflated. Like we're gonna call it out and we're gonna disagree on it because I don't think you Can review that 1000%. So what Elon came out and said is I think the only way to truly combat bots is to charge for X, formerly known as Twitter. Well, I saw something about.
Speaker 3: I mean what the previous, the Twitter kind of similar version at like $8 a month, so maybe around that or something smaller.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the current Twitter blue, but he's talking about charging like sub $1 a month.
Speaker 2: So that I would, I would maybe pay for cuz I'll Twitter I don't really use, like I don't want to, just to see what's on it, but I don't like engage. I'm not engaging personal Twitter, twitters like by LinkedIn's. The same way I don't really engage.
Speaker 1: Well, you're a handyman, so that's why nobody uses LinkedIn, but but I mean, I use LinkedIn. I significantly, I run an agency, so it's like actually a great tool for me. But, like I think, like if Facebook and Instagram charge less than a dollar a month, number one, their user counts, I think, would go down significantly and they're a public company. It would really hurt their bottom line because advertisers aren't gonna pay as much as they're gonna pay today For, you know, two billion users, quote-unquote, you know eyeballs. So like, what's the implications that? But it would really solve a lot of problems when you think about it. So what about skin at? So bots, basically, are around to increase ad revenues, quite frankly, across the internet and it's a really big problem.
Speaker 2: I was a a company that wanted to put bots out there.
Speaker 1: Like they create websites and essentially they create fake traffic. And so, like you are an advertiser, right, and you go spend money on Google ad, google ads, and you'll do display advertising. Display advertising is the worst right all the debanners that you see on like weird shitty websites and Advertisers paying for those. So essentially they're increasing. They're falsely increasing traffic on the web in order to falsely inflate CPMs, which is cost per thousand impressions. Facebook or something is like no, the people that own the sites, and they got like the display ads and so they're like putting out botnet networks. And then there's also like things like credit card fraud and stuff like that. So there's a whole bunch of reasons for bots, but, like, social networks have never, you know, taking it upon themselves to protect people and verify Identity, because if they did, they would probably lose half of their base, right?
Speaker 2: So here's what all this money that I saw is. A lot of like, we're honest, which I'm good at Facebook, so a lot of Facebook pages. I'm a died heart Reba fan.
Speaker 1: Facebook's evil. By the way, I hate Mark Zuckerberg more than anybody.
Speaker 2: So I'm a diehard with him, right, and I see on the Reba fan page, like four times a year of the post, a picture of Reba's ability happy birthday. I sit there and ago one, what is? Because I always look for the other side and I'm like why are they saying this up? What the reason why they're setting up is it's not a Reba's birthday. It's like the Reba's birthday is in March and they'll put it in like September and what they want to get is they want to get more people to fire up about it and Start talking about it and be like that's a Reba's birthday. Oh man, this is this and this and this and this, because it gets them higher on that ticker and it gets them found Faster and gets their page up high because they're getting, like an engaged post, more comments, more like. Fucking pisses me off and that's why they say that everybody out there, if you see something that's BS or somebody putting out there that says, oh my gosh, this can happen because in today's world there's a lot of things where there's videos that are that are put out there that are not Actual videos and not true, and people sit there and they go They'll fire off because everybody fires off of emotions and they're going. Well, that can't really happen. Somebody's like how did that happen?
Speaker 1: Do, do, do and while it does, fires up each up well, I recently did this on the coffee with gaze account about Oprah and I got blowed up.
Speaker 2: If you see something that is not true and not correct and all that stuff, why just know you can flag it, break, just don't count it on it, kill it, kill the page, don't comment on it, because you're giving them what they want.
Speaker 1: I'm also going to just go a step further and say, like we just came out of a period of time and this is where I'm gonna get political on this show is like we just came out a period of time. We're like we like confirmed that the FBI of government was like literally working with Twitter to moderate free speech. I think it's gross Disgusting that our government is doing that and yet the actual laws that govern these social media companies and quite frankly, I'm gonna go ahead and loop dating apps into this, because it's something that I really care about and I think nobody wants to talk about it because all of our, you know, people in Congress are 85 years old and dying and they don't even know how to use the internet is part of the problem. I mean, literally, mitch McAul die and find Santa. All of them, they're all old, you know. Quite frankly, like good for Mitt Romney. I can't even believe I'm agreeing with him because I kind of hate him so much. I do, I do, but the guy actually Steped aside and said we don't need another 80 year old in Congress.
Speaker 4: I just don't think that we need another person in their 80s. I'm a little long of tooth already.
Speaker 3: We don't need more.
Speaker 4: Like me, but I do think that that the times we're living in really demand the next generation to step up and and express their point of view and to make the decisions that will shape our American politics over the coming century. And just having a bunch of guys that were around the good baby boomers who around in the post-war era, we're not the right ones to be making the decisions for tomorrow exactly because we're talking about issues like this, which none of them can even fathom First soul, with two young friends, I got a great question how, what do you think?
Speaker 1: when was the law enacted that governs social media companies?
Speaker 3: 1996 1996 there was only like 26 words or something.
Speaker 1: It's actually called section 230 and it's something that I've only really heard, like big VC people that I listen to their podcasts in all in VC venture capital.
Speaker 2: You've been updated since 30 years. No, I don't think we're about in 1996.
Speaker 1: This is. It's crazy about our government and it drives me so freaking insane that, like we sit here and argue about such bullshit topics in In government and then something like this like, quite frankly, the reason I think it's important is because it's not just us as game, and like women like our friend that found your profile, like she was like yes, she's on, she bombo, or like whatever and what they use like tender.
Speaker 2: Use my my profile bubbles how she's now do it. I want to straighten the upside in the weekend a.
Speaker 1: So they create a tender profile or bubble profile and they link it to an Instagram account and they you reuse your photos so that it looks like they're real. First, it just gives them validity. And you know, mark Zuckerberg sits there in his fricking ivory tower and he with his like 800 security guards and he doesn't gift shit and it really, honestly, it encourages child exploitation, because kids also like look, we all did that shit. I think we've talked about before when we were kids, right?
Speaker 3: No, I was, I was good. I was good, I didn't drink. It was true. I did all of it later on. Oh yeah, I can see you, super Christian. Yeah, I lived under a rock. Bradley and I were talking about this yesterday, because I was like I don't, I don't think my parents probably actually sheltered me, or like I was like wait, maybe it was in my head and I I know and so, but like I think I had it in my head that they were Did your city never, but for some reason, for some reason I know if anyone knows my mom now, I mean, but I think when I was growing up, though, I must have just like thought that they were. I like created this whole illusion. Of course, Bradley's like Ryan creating something that doesn't exist. Imagine that.
Speaker 1: Imagine that. I can totally imagine that. Ha. Anyway, yeah, you were a good kid, I was not. I was on the show, I was in chat rooms at 13.
Speaker 3: I was like Mom, I gotta get on the internet.
Speaker 1: At this point, we still allow kids to be on these platforms. That like literally. And then you have all these predator shows. I mean it's literally all over. It was, 30 years later, a politician in our government and you aren't doing legislation for this, like your growth person and you should retire, yeah.
Speaker 2: And I also think that anybody out there that catfishes or like those zombie, that I think that should be like a pretty strict offense, Like don't we get some laws about that? Because it's fraud, it's you're doing fraud, yeah. The one difference is, if you're you're seeming you're somebody I mean, if you want an accord and said, hey, I will, you know blame and it's really me it's fraud. Like, yeah, it's fraud. So just behind me there's a government and sure click. And only because it's a long way that you're going to be able to stop this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and protect kids, protect women and protect men. Yeah, like you are leaving so many people out there to be preyed upon by these freaking losers and it's really disgusting and gross and you're doing it all too long. Mark Zuckerberg's prop pockets, who's a freaking scumbag, quite frankly.
Speaker 3: Here's the you and the social media, because I feel like you've got, you've got like government, government policy that hasn't been linked up, and then you got your social media.
Speaker 1: So my point was there is a, there is a plan to revise section 230, and mainly what this came from is where people said, where, basically, Elon Musk said look, Twitter was doing all this. You know what's it called moderation? And the thought is now that social media companies should be required to publish why your band or your content was moderated. Because even TikTok, Because they can publish why someone's banned. Yeah, so like, for example, a lot of creators on TikTok right now are getting their content like taken down or banned or they'll get their account and they don't know why. And they're not required because this section 230 gives them really blatant impunity to do whatever they want and create whatever policy they want. They're allowed to do that without telling you why. So the real current revision is basically like hey, we should now have transparency on the reason why. I don't think that goes far enough, because I think it doesn't deal with things like, you know, protecting our kids, protecting women, protecting men on dating apps and social media and all this other stuff Like identity verification is a reasonable thing to do. This isn't about voting. This should not be like something. This is about safety. I mean, the argument that you know people don't have access to a government identification I think is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: What's their? No, what's their. How are they standing?
Speaker 1: Oh, so the argument is and this really comes down to voting is that disenfranchised groups, namely people of color, can't get an ID because the ID office is too far, it's too hard to get, or whatever.
Speaker 3: So they have their ID, but they're claiming they don't have access to it.
Speaker 1: No, they're saying that it disenfranchises voters and you should be able to vote without a night. But from a social media perspective, I think this is about safety. So, even if you don't even think about, like, the voting impacts of this, it's really, it's really, it's it's. It's a nice to have social media anyway, and I think, when it comes to safety and really protecting kids which is something that I care a lot about and and, like I said, even really girls and we talked about how scary it is to be gay I think it's important that we start protecting, you know, our community and these social media companies should be held to account, but a bunch of 80 year old idiots in Congress don't even know how the internet works. Do you know how many TikTok accounts I come across where it's basically people, vigilante, pedo, like, like, like, like finding like pedophiles out there, and it's like gross and they're all finding them on dating apps. Like all the gay kids are all on Grindr, and I'm like this is gross, like this is something that we could easily take care of you.
Speaker 3: Sign up for Grindr, do you have to verify and say I'm 18 or so. Someone is lying Like, yeah, I'm 18. Get me on here. No, but I mean so. But they're able to then use that to be like, well, it's not on us because that person said that I'm 18, older, and because of section 230, we're not liable for anything.
Speaker 1: Anyway, and it's just like extensive. It's just really gross that our politicians have not gotten you know up to speed on this. But then again, when you're in a congressional hearing with you know, the CEO of TikTok, and saying that you're sending your data through your home Wi-Fi to the mothership and back Called TikTok US Data Security by American personnel.
Speaker 4: You have access to that.
Speaker 3: We have began this operations already Okay, but the app itself has access to the data correct.
Speaker 1: Only through them you know any employees that have the data no no what.
Speaker 3: I mean is like if I use lose my iPhone and I reinstall the app and I put in my username and password, my Apple reconnect to the mothership and download some of that data at my setting.
Speaker 1: That's not the way it works. No, that's not the way it works. I got to call this guy out because I think he deserves a lot of credit as my current favorite politician and I obviously don't go to the left, but he is a Democratic Senator Congressman from North Carolina, jeff Jackson what? First of all, he's hot as hell. He's super hot. Right, it's looking it up Total like 30s dad vibes. But this TikTok is really good and every time he makes a decision or vote he really comes and like, talks directly to his constituents. I can I really do encourage everyone to follow his account. It is probably one of the best political accounts I've ever seen and that's what we need more of. You know, and that's why I am glad that Mitt Romney stepping down and when I did have that argument with that person over Mitt Romney being an old goat and they're like well, someone else is probably going to step in in Utah. Sure, it's going to be a Republican. It's freaking. Utah, it's a bunch of Mormon people. They're going to vote for a Republican, but I'd rather a 35 year old, 39 year old Republican, even in their 40s. I don't care and I'm going to get called out for being a just shut up Jim Zm over it. But yeah, like I just don't think a geriatric, you know, 80 year old, who doesn't understand the Internet, should be making these decisions and it really puts people at risk.
Speaker 2: I think we need to get rid of all parties and just have a running. I don't give a shit if you're on the logical right. I don't give a shit, just a free for all.
Speaker 1: I mean Just a quick break for all, just like sections, but technically that's what it is. I mean, this is the problem. We do need term limits in this country, because the problem is this Is that if you're in San Francisco, let's be honest you're voting Democrat, right. If you're in Utah, you're going to vote, probably, republican. I did not do this research and I wish I had. I just not thought of it. But I would love to know the percentage of Congress who's actually been in office like more than 30 years. My point is Maxine Waters can't stand her either. You still live in LA. She has represented Compton, I think, for probably 45 years at this point and I think she has Alzheimer's. But my point is I think the people of Compton should have a really great young Democrat, but nobody's forcing her to step down and she won't do it on her own. And that's the problem. And we complain about the Supreme Court not do it like not retiring when they need to, but we don't complain about Congress not doing it. I mean, you literally have Mitch McConnell having seizures like like live, like on TV. It's shocking. And Nancy Pelosi she's also said she's re-running again. No, she is, she's going to be. I think, if I remember it, she's going to be 85 or 86 at the end of her next term and she's going to win because in San Francisco girls she's not going anywhere. I don't know why these people don't want to. You know why, Mitt Romney?
Speaker 3: Just sit there and volunteer. You've done your time. You know, in my class, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't let me hear it lying. Oh God, I don't. I'm not thinning like my hair isn't thinning, I swear I'm not. I have really great hair. It's really sad what happened to it. This is probably the most traumatized I've been over a procedure. But seriously, it is yeah. So yeah, I really do think like, yes, it's time to step in, it's time to take care and control the social media. We've discussed a lot today and I mean this was a very passionate discussion. I'm glad this was our returning episode. I am very excited for us to get the closeted game in on the show, but I really wanted to talk about these topics. I'm glad you guys were like really into it, because I'm so.
Speaker 2: I would like to say that I was on brought the topic up.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's put it this way, you brought the topic up and I made it intelligent. Yeah, and Ryan did research. It was great. Yeah, I won the trivia question. He's been doing his homework during our break, unlike you who hasn't been, so we might still kick you off coffee with gays.
Speaker 3: It already looks. It already looks like you're right, isn't that what we just said? But you know, I'm taking. I'm taking Jared.
Speaker 1: I mean I think I did very good with the on that one for you, because the other one you had was a little. It was a little too too gay, and that's not what we're about.
Speaker 3: It looks like this shirt that I brought for the next recording.
Speaker 1: Oh, really it's like that, but like it was just very graphic. So, anyway, we got Jared, so we're happy about it, but I'm excited about the next episode.
Speaker 3: It is about something that Adam feels strongly about Adam feels strongly about the next topic Wow, wow, the soccer.
Speaker 1: But basically how we kind of make fairy tales of like dating and relationships.
Speaker 2: And like, as a person, how we put ourselves out there as somebody that we want to be in our best light, but it's really not the true person that we are, and that's what the next episode is going to be about.
Speaker 1: Not just for gays too. Also like this straights, because I think we have a lot of straight girls in our life that like, literally like do this all the time, where you know they meet a guy and all of a sudden it's like their husband and they plant everything. It's just wild, and then it crashes and burns. It always crashes and burns Just 1000%.
Speaker 2: So true to something last episode episode true of season two of Coffee with Gays.
Speaker 1: Cheers. This was fun. I like the new set up.