Speaker 1: We're going to be the loud ones. We're willing to speak out.
Speaker 2: I'm not politically correct. If you want the truth.
Speaker 3: I'll give it to you. We're going to start having this wine. Maybe we'll show some true colors.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome to a new episode of Coffee with Gaze in the new year. Happy 2025, crew. So glad to be here. I'm Blaine, I'm Ryan and I'm Reed and we are here in 2025 with a whole bunch of New Year's resolutions and we wanted to go over our holidays and I'm going to say first off for our New Year's resolution for Coffee with Gabe is we are going to keep this consistent this year. I think one thing we've learned is making content is really hard, especially with three very busy schedules, but I think we really want to commit to this podcast and to making new, interesting content in the new year, and we are going to do this thing and make it happen. I think you know there's been a lot of talk around alternative forms of, you know, ideas and thoughts, and we want to be a part of that conversation, which was the whole reason we started this in the first place. So we are committed and we are going to make this our top New Year's resolution. At least I am. Ryan and Reed are all about this as well, so we're really excited for 2025.
Speaker 3: Coming up this spring. Two years ago we did our photo shoot as we launched it. So I mean, that was kind of really the launch that got us all into that initial branding and our website and the color scheme and all that. So that's only a couple months from being a two year anniversary.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you know, what I've been really encouraged by is just all the audio downloads we still get and the people that still come up to us and ask us like, when are we going to do another episode? So I keep saying we are going to do it. We are also starting to edit ourselves. We found some really good software to do it, which just makes it a learning curve. Not going to lie, I think it will allow us to produce more content a lot faster, rather than, you know, paying people to do it as well. Super excited to do this in the new year. I mean, I'm excited to have more conversations with you guys, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that would be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with our two M's to them we are going to talk about kind of our holiday wrap-up, since we didn't do a holiday episode. Um, I know, like you know, it's kind of like I feel like the end of the gay season. I mean we have really big summers, but then I think, you know, going thanksgiving to november, it just gets really crazy, is it? Was it? I mean, um, how many parties did?
Speaker 3: you attend, would you say. I feel like this year was like, at least d-wise for me. I don't remember any like big major, like special holiday, christmas parties, but there was a lot of just like social activities and the brunches and going out and like that was. You know, I felt like that was pretty high. And then in Florida, for me, when I go back home, this is my parents and cousins, aunt and uncles. That does not change in Florida. If anything, it's just as much.
Speaker 2: Going back to Thanksgiving did you guys travel for Thanksgiving or did you guys travel for Christmas? Which one did you guys do? I didn't do either. Just to say.
Speaker 3: I was more local, like DFW area, when my parents came here and we went up to see where Bradley's hometown is. So that's just like an hour outside of Dallas.
Speaker 2: So see like where Bradley's hometown is, so that's just like an hour outside of Dallas. So that was for Thanksgiving, okay. So Thanksgiving you guys spent in the DFW area, and then you went back to Florida for Christmas and then you stayed here for New Year's, and what about you?
Speaker 1: And for me, I did family Thanksgiving here and then we kind of have a tradition to do a little friendsgiving. And then we kind of have a tradition to do a little friends giving, which was so much fun with our friend Eric. It was super fun. I'm sorry, let me guess You're going to say you didn't get an invite. We're going to address Reed's invites later because he doesn't tend to show up to said invites. Ever Did I get invited to that? I don't think he got an invite to that one. We you know our friend eric and brett um, we got together and it was just so much fun. Um, we just had like a wild time. Um, I don't know.
Speaker 3: We always we've done that, I guess the last couple years now I kind of honestly I kind of miss that. I mean a great time, you know, when you're in a relationship like love. Sure, family time but like a Friendsgiving is so fun, and so I haven't had that in a few years.
Speaker 1: I mean, remember that year, I had three Friendsgivings in a year. It was a lot, but I really liked this tradition, if we could keep it up, for, like you know, I liked doing the family thing in the morning, early afternoon, and then we went to Perry's Steakhouse for dinner and had a lovely dinner. It was so good, with the exception of this oyster martini that we had. I do not suggest it. Yeah, it was like a martini with an oyster on it. Eric and I were being really bougie and thought we're going to go all out for this. Definitely do not recommend. I was a very salty briny oyster. So sorry, perry's, that was the only mess of the night. The food, though, was really incredible and it was packed. I have to say, a lot of people did Thanksgiving for Perry's takeout, and it was definitely worth it. So we had a really, really great time. And then we went out to the bars afterwards, and you know, I think it's really fun if you ever go to the gay bars like post Thanksgiving, because, like everyone's like kind of done with their families and so everybody's kind of out, and it was like really nutty. So we had a great time. What did you do for Thanksgiving, reed?
Speaker 2: I spent Thanksgiving with my boss and reed. I spent thanksgiving with my boss and his family. I spent christmas with my boss and his family and new year's I yeah, I worked well, we'll get that.
Speaker 1: We'll get to the new year's plans now, where you added to your number. That's really what happened. Um, nice, I don't know what you're talking about. I have to say my. So I did a ton of christmas parties this year, way too many. I was pretty exhausted by them. Um, but my favorite, uh, ryan went to, was our friend Adam, former co-host. You did not get invited, reed, for some reason, we do not know why yeah, thank thank you, adam, for the invite.
Speaker 3: The special invite was really nice because we weren't I mean we weren't involved in like an invite list for Adam's birthday.
Speaker 2: So I guess we just didn't I could totally understand not inviting me because of my track record of showing up.
Speaker 1: So I understand, I understand I not showing up to anything. Um, that we invite you to, yeah, and then pretending like you don't remember that we invited you to set party what 24 hours before at least 24 hours, maybe a couple days. Anyway, it was a white elephant party and you know I always forget how much I love a white elephant party, like how fun was that? Oh yeah, I'm about to totally rub it in about how well I did on this white elephant thing. But does anyone else get nervous over the white elephant gift thing? Because, well, I always get nervous and I'm not gonna bring a cool gift right and that. Well, one you have to give a cool gift and then two, like I'm always like, is it a joke gift or is it like a real cool gift? So let me just set the stage of how this went down what were the limitations?
Speaker 2: what was the price?
Speaker 3: 30 budget is the, and you had me leaning towards, like jokes, sexual adult gift based on texts, so that's so. Mine was a little bit in the middle and more that direction, based on our group.
Speaker 1: Right, you would think we would have jokes, sexual gifts, because that's kind of our crew. I was really nervous about what to get and the place that I always go to get unique cool gifts is called Favor the Kind here in Dallas and they used to be right off Fitzhugh. It's very close to me and I can always go get something really last minute. Well, of course, because I kind of dislike what I do right now and I am like busy all the time, I did not have time on a wednesday to go get a gift. Well, I happen to have this really cool uh, golden girls, um, what are they called? Fuku toy game thing that I got a while ago and it has rose nylan, which is totally um, adam and that's what we call it, and it's super cute. I was like this is the perfect gift. But I was like super, and they are actually kind of expensive, they're collectors item. So I was like I'm gonna wrap this, it's gonna be perfect, totally problem solved. But I get you start opening these presents and they I mean they're nice presents like everybody kind of went all out like I'm pretty sure most people went over the budget.
Speaker 3: Right, they seem pretty in line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the most part with the exception of whoever got the shower caddy. Yeah, oh, that's what it was the soap dispensers. Somebody got a soap dispenser caddy shower thing. That was not probably the best one. I don't know who did that one.
Speaker 3: I know like something from like like Sharper Image or something, and you like stick it on the wall in your shower and it's great if you have like an Airbnb, yeah, but everybody else I mean I forgot like all the other cool gifts.
Speaker 1: It was like these really cool gifts coming out and I was like, oh shit, I just got this really funny Funko like little like Rose Nyland Golden Girl thing and what, if nobody likes it? I'm going to be like so embarrassed. And then this blanket came out. Does that say I'll get the bottom of it? And it's really huge blanket came out. You know who that's from? Right, yeah, this is from ryan's fiance, brad. He has these and, um, I love these blankets and my dog loves these blankets. Okay, it's from costco and it is the most comfortable blanket in the world and I saw it and I wanted it. But guess who picked last? Um me, which actually was to my benefit. Um, but there was like a whole bunch of really like really nice, really classy gifts and I'm like, but then everybody did like my gift, so I was actually really happy. So you guys picked the white elephant, like I'm not sure how your was actually really happy.
Speaker 2: So you guys picked the white elephant. Like, I'm not sure how your white elephant worked out, but you guys already knew who you were buying for no, no, no.
Speaker 1: You just buy something and then at your random and then people can steal them. So you know if you got a good gift. You can steal it up to twice is the rule, because people are stealing the gift like this got stolen the max amount of times, and then obviously nobody stole the shower dispenser. One right.
Speaker 3: We don't know who got that one, and if they're listening, then I feel like we're totally calling that out, totally calling it out. Well, eric called it out at the party. I mean, mine was a little like I don't know. I thought it was kind of fun because I was trying to find like thinking of like you know, like especially Adam or I don't know people like doing like charcuterie boards, the gays like charcuterie boards, and so it was a penis shaped charcuterie board and I also got one or two, at least one bottle of wine to go with it. So I felt like it was like I was trying to keep strike the right balance. But who got it? Jan, jan ended up getting in. It was like, and then it's like yeah, straight guy, but they host the pride pool party, so it'll show up at our pride pool party, I'm sure, in the summer.
Speaker 1: True. So the straight man with his wife there got the penis shaped charcuterie board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they were a group effort, right Like they both got one gift or no, no, like, because I stole the blanket from him.
Speaker 1: Actually, daniel stole the blanket from him and he ended up with the penis shaped charcuterie board. What a lucky guy. Then I was like the last person and so I decided to make a very dramatic, very dramatic, and I was screaming to everybody about I was going to steal everybody's gift except for the soap dispenser and the penis shaped charcuterie board Sorry, ryan. And then I stole the blanket, in a very dramatic sense, from our friend Daniel, and he was very angry about it because he wanted it so bad. So I feel like this was the biggest win and my peak moment for Christmas, and actually it's the best gift I got all Christmas. So I said thank you, ryan and Brad.
Speaker 2: I will say I did get a terrible, terrible gift from my boss's mother.
Speaker 1: Well, in my eyes it was terrible Makes you do all the things that makes you unavailable for all the brunches.
Speaker 3: Correct yeah, the boss or the boss's mother makes you unavailable.
Speaker 2: It'll be both. I think it'll be both. I understand the gesture and the thought. She gave me a rainbow gnome. You know those stuffed animal gnomes With, like the, not a rainbow, oh no. As soon as you start with a rainbow, I'm gonna die. And she gave me rainbow bracelets. I like friendship bracelets. She told me I could wear them with all my friends. You don't have to wear them during the week, honey, but you can wear them with all your friends on. She said you don't have to wear them during the week, honey, but you can wear them with all your friends on the weekends. And I was like but it's so thoughtful, they.
Speaker 3: Thank you like bead bracelets.
Speaker 2: Yep, I expect to see this right, mind you, my boss, my boss's sister, my boss's brother-in-law, they all know me and they're just cracking up hysterically that you know she's handing me all this rainbow stuff, like, well, you're gay, so you know.
Speaker 3: So hello, obviously, and that's what you're going to wear every day.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, no, I don't have anything rainbow. I mean technically, I own something rainbow now.
Speaker 3: Well, Blaine and I have plenty of rainbow that if you need it.
Speaker 1: We literally have like entire, like dens of rainbow.
Speaker 3: We keep it in like. This is like the pride bin, for this comes out in June.
Speaker 2: I'll bring it over. Then I'll bring over my yeah and I'll throw it in your rainbow bin.
Speaker 1: So, reed, we will invite you to our annual pride party, which is in July. You all heard that, and if you don't come, that's your own fault. So how was everyone's New Year's? I mean, I have to say, post Christmas was like super rough, because my grandfather was in the hospital, so my mother, as of today, just left it is now January 4th, so I've been dealing with her this whole time. So, yeah, new Year's was awesome, I thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how was New Year's Blaine? Did you have a New Year's kiss, Blaine?
Speaker 1: You know it's cuffing season. What's cuffing season? So it's, you know, like you couple up with people Like you find, like your little loves of your life, and then you cuff up with them.
Speaker 3: Is it because it's like cold? You want to like be cuddly right like oh it is cuddle season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, long story short. I there was one pre-new year's and then there was kind of like this new one that came in towards the end of new year's and, needless to say, I kind of introduced him to the friend group a little soon and brought him to the New Year's Eve party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no wait the next day. You met him that one night before Six days six days.
Speaker 1: So it was a six day meet and greet with the entire friend group at New Year's Eve yeah, and, by the way, I didn't really invite him. That was actually one of my friends who said, oh, you really should come to the New Year's Eve party. And I said I don't think this is really the venue to meet so many people. You know, it's just that's a lot to put any new person in.
Speaker 2: Hey Reed, where are you? Why aren't you at the?
Speaker 1: party. Well, we did invite you. Yeah, that's fair, that's fair. And then, the day of New Year's Eve, we texted you and said, hey, are you coming?
Speaker 3: Are you doing that other plan that you mentioned? Or, if not, like just reminder, just saying like hey, where are you? Yes or no, like that's all.
Speaker 2: I had a romantic ball drop as I was driving on.
Speaker 3: A couple balls dropped.
Speaker 1: We all knew he was getting it on, but instead of just saying that he goes, what party?
Speaker 3: I didn't say that, it was only like four messages above that. If that Can you?
Speaker 2: show me the screenshot. Are you looking at it right now?
Speaker 1: Reed, are you coming? Here's the address. Coming to what?
Speaker 3: Let us know when you know if you're going to Missouri or not.
Speaker 2: It had slipped my mind, so I apologize for that. But yes, I wasn't in town.
Speaker 1: What you missed was a very explosive encounter with the guy I was dating. I guess we weren't really dating, we just kind of met, we were hanging out and he kind of just felt like people didn't like him.
Speaker 2: Is there a reason why people felt that, or he felt that people didn't like him?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it was correctly placed. I think he just got a lot of anxiety. I think it was just a pressure cooker. We have a lot of people in the friend group, so it's just Too much too soon, way too much too soon. Yeah, I think he's just could be an overwhelmed person. A very nice guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, so it started and ended on New Year's, ryan. What are you holding back, man? Talk to me, tell me what's he left the next day.
Speaker 1: Uh, we had, we spent the night together and he left the next day to, you know, watch the football game and, uh, we have texted since, though I get this sense that maybe it's probably over and that's probably okay, but it sucks. But I'm sad it was, it was good. Can I'm sad it was, it was good.
Speaker 2: Can we get everybody else that was at New Year's Eve on the phone and ask?
Speaker 3: if it was good. The interactions that night as a group weren't like successful in that setting. But they you had good times together, at least like one-on-one or like bring coming out together. And smaller, like our Sunday fun day meetup or whatever at bars, like not a set, like you could go into a house party. They all already know each other. He's brand new.
Speaker 2: Is he brand new to Dallas? Is he brand like what's his?
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't live here. He lives in Fort Worth, but he I don't know.
Speaker 3: The chemistry was very good, Very, very good, that's always nice when you get that, you know.
Speaker 1: So, unfortunately, new Year's was very stressful for me. Yeah, how was your New Year's? Well, yours was great. You got loaded up, I hear.
Speaker 2: I do not know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: So you watched the ball drop.
Speaker 2: I did not watch. I did not make the ball drop. I was driving down 30 when the ball dropped. I was still on 30 for about two hours after the ball dropped. I made it back, though I made it back the next day real quick.
Speaker 3: And Ryan what did you think of yours? Honestly, it's been a lot of fun, but I mean and this might get more to this resolution mindset I mean, and this might get more to this resolution mindset but really the alcohol thing has been on my mind a lot lately because it just feels like it's been, really it's been a lot and I think I'm realizing that. So good time like overall, yeah, really great times, really good, you know, hanging out with friends and family, but it's maybe it's just getting into that dry January and post holidays and you kind of I don't know I'm doing that. Looking back, I know it does it sounds really depressing right now, but I promise I'm not depressed. I've gotten really excited about, like especially next six months. I got a lot of really great things in the works so well.
Speaker 1: Let's just get into that, Because I'm right there with you.
Speaker 3: New Year's Day, we probably drink more than new year's eve so honestly, freaking blast, like it was so fun, but those bottles flow and flow and flow and like did not stop I think we drank 30 bottles of champagne, maybe more like our our little group. Just the sun came out. You know I think you get into a lot of times, right, we'll have like our night. And you wake up and you still are keeping that same momentum going and it's, you know, maybe a Bloody Mary or an espresso, martini and some bubbles, and then it's that train leaves the station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then we were recapping New Year's Eve and how, um, how interesting it was and, yeah, I kept drinking because of that. So, needless to say, my New Year's Eve or New Year's Day night was quite dramatic with my mother because I had a mini breakdown and I literally was just like, oh my God, 2025 has to be better.
Speaker 2: I can only imagine Wait, you had him stay over while your mom was here.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no. We haven't seen each other since New Year's Day morning, I guess. But yeah, I just was talking to my mom about a bunch of stuff and I think I just had too much to drink and was tired and exhausted.
Speaker 2: So my ultimate question is did either of you have very awesome New Year's Eve kiss? By the way, I've never hand to God, I've never had a New Year's Eve kiss. I've never. With all the relationships I've had, I've never had a New Year's Eve kiss. I've never, with all the relationships I've had, I've never had a New Year's Eve kiss.
Speaker 1: Just Mr 19 over here.
Speaker 3: I think he's at like 22 or something.
Speaker 2: My point is did you guys have great New Year's Eve kisses Like you obviously did. You and Bradley have a great New Year's Eve kiss. This is like your third. How many?
Speaker 3: 22, 23, 24.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This is our third.
Speaker 1: I guess New Year's together and mine with my guy was a great New Year's Eve kiss, yeah, and we had a great New Year's Eve night after we went to bed.
Speaker 3: He's like I didn't need to know how much further it goes when they moved over into the other bedroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do think like this New Year's kind of did kind of open up the same thing for me, right, and I feel like we've been going a little too hard. I think we say this every year, by the way like gone a little too hard. Somehow it just culminates at the end of the year. So we have entered dry January.
Speaker 3: I'll be damp, but most mostly dry. I'm not going to partake in dry January because he said the last time he had a drink was when he was here with us, like a few weeks ago. Did you feel like you had any one moment? Was it just holidays? Or did you look back and think, look back on last year and be like, wow, I was wasted all the time? Or or like in these moments, or like what's your thought process on that? I guess like.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, admittingly, a really rough year for me. I haven't been particularly happy with a lot of different things, and it's just it's been a really transition year for me. Um. So I think, over time, I just feel like I'm drinking more when I go out, you know, um, and then a night, like to settle down, I'm just drinking more wine than I normally would, and I think that's kind of one of those things that just kind of happens over time and you, you're like I don't notice it until maybe the next day and I wake up and I'm like ooh, like what was that? So I've just noticed it slowly over time. And then like days like honestly, like New Year's Day, I mean, I think I was just having so much fun and going and going and going and then I just like how much did I drink yesterday? Like I felt really bad the next day, you know, like that was crazy. I think we all felt that way the next day, like what was going on.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I didn't get like a necessarily like, I guess, classic hangover feeling, but it was definitely like slow to, you know, like mental clarity, what was early there, just slow to really like think. Everything just felt like foggier, you know, definitely more so like holiday time. I feel like it peaked up. Um, there's one moment that immediately comes to mind was um Parker McCollum concert. Um, when my mom and dad were visiting and I realized Y'all were rough, yeah, it was just, it was a lot like day after day, but I know it really picked up. I think that was the Friday night of the trip, thanksgiving itself. I felt pretty fine, but Friday, I think, looking back now, I can see myself like to kind of think, when does it happen? And it might be more of like I'm I'm bored, or you know what am I going to do in this setting? And fine, let's just get another drink, get another drink, and I think it really built up until it hit me at this point and then, because my mom was there to be able to like see it, and I don't really even remember it at the, you know, the very end of the show, and then being disappointed to think, wow, I really missed, like this last couple of songs because of this like substance catching up to me and overdoing it. And then my mom like saying something that I think I take a lot of what and I don't know if we could for right, like your moms or parents or that's a figure that like can be very influential and have a lot of emotions come along with anything they say, and so it just had even more like resonance, I think, to have my mom tell me something that felt really negative, that kind of insulting to who I felt like I am as a person I know that I'm not that so if it like felt like it transforming to something and I don't feel like I am as a person I know that I'm not that so if it like felt like it transforming to something and I don't feel like I actually am. There's a couple of times like that, but that was like a big one where I was like, wow, you know, did I kind of go overdo it? I think it's been. Yeah, like you said, like it was a year ago or so around this time. Like we downloaded that app, sunny Side, to be like mindful drinking and yes, it's good for, like, I am logging the drinks, but, um, I think for me going into this year and I'd already planned to get back into individual um counseling, I was just trying to find like a counselor but found a new one already had one session. I think that's going to help feel like a well-rounded approach about more of an awareness of around that, among many other things just to clear clarify when you say counselor, you don't mean like a 12-step program, you mean like a therapist or uh, it's just whether the side side d like a counselor, yeah, therapist, yeah, yeah, yeah so not in the 12-step program but I the one thing that's also I thought was interesting and I literally just started this but it was cool that he recommended off the first session just like hey, not required reading, but like recommendations to think about for for books, uh, after your first session. But the one that I started with that stood out to me was, um, addictive personalities. I was was like, oh, this one might resonate. So just kind of like again, I'm just like just now looking into it, but I think I'm excited to like explore that more.
Speaker 1: I think we should definitely do an episode on mental health. Obviously, we just had two really horrific attacks, with someone exploding a Cybertruck in front of that hotel and then a tragedy in New Orleans. Oh my God, it's really tragic. We clearly have like a mental health crisis in this country and I think you know we've talked to, obviously, ryan about are you getting therapy? And I've been in therapy multiple times and clearly I need to go back into therapy again After a year's stay. I realized that one. But I think like it's just something that's normal that everybody goes through, and I think it's so easy to self-medicate with alcohol, you know, and I think that's just something we do to escape, and don't you feel like it kind of builds over time?
Speaker 3: escape and don't you feel like it kind of builds over time? Yeah, no, I don't. I don't think it's probably not a overnight, overnight thing once you start looking at it and then when you I partially like kind of we say like yeah, if you hopefully have the means, or like you can find access to means for like counseling or therapy, but then I also there's that little voice in me that kind of laughs at it because it's like all these, every country song and you know that I go to now every country concert ever and I hear a lot of country music but like all of them are pretty, 90% of them easily are like drinking songs or this beer solves my issue more than you know, and a damn old shrink type of attitude, and so it's like that's also something I think I'm aware of right I had a question is there anything in 2024 that you're particularly happy that you experienced, or that you're happy that you left in 2024?
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: I guess, well, can I maybe see if I can say this I technically maybe like left it in 23 because that fully influenced my 2024. But financially, like I was in a, I kind of recovered from this situation with my house like the whole lawsuit and like when I bought it a few years ago, I had the lawsuit and my house like the whole lawsuit and like when I bought it a few years ago, I had the lawsuit and it needed like 80 grand worth of repairs. So at the end of 23, like I was like in tears to got to the point of like paying that off. So you know, in that process I feel like I spent a lot of last year trying to refocus on being a little more allowing myself to do things that I'm going to do for myself. It felt like a little bit more like treat myself here in a way. I think now I can like look back like, eh, maybe that one treated myself a little too far. So I'm like recalibrating for 2025. But some really good things about 24. I also biggest thing, I think. Well, one of the biggest things that I'll mention, though um, I started school for massage therapy. So that's like really huge. I'm over halfway through.
Speaker 1: I'll finish that this year by end of may um so I'll be certified licensed massage therapist in texas yay, that's a huge, that's one of your big, I guess, resolutions, right, congratulations, yeah, and are you going to be doing like private practice or are you going to go to a?
Speaker 3: I'm thinking a little bit of both, like I think I'll start my my own business to kind of get that rolling. But um, I'm thinking I'll look into like part-time on call, like at a spa or hotel.
Speaker 2: Blaine. What did you leave in 2024 that you're happy about? What did you bring with you?
Speaker 1: I would say I'm not like where I want to be. I'm still on a journey. I think there's more to come about that, you know. I think I've been on a journey about where I want to be. I think, career wise is the biggest thing for me, because that's, uh, something that's always been super important to me. Um, so we'll see how that goes in 2025, but I hope to have more to talk about soon. Um, but yeah, I think it's really been also like a year of well, let's put it this way, I won't ever take anything for granted again, that's for sure, and I think you always have to go through challenges. I actually had this SoulCycle instructor once. That said, and I always have these ornaments that when I broke my ankle in 2015,. I gained all this weight and I went to SoulCycle, found SoulCycle and it really kind of changed my life. And you know how they have all the stupid instructors that say all the ridiculous things. Yeah Well, I bought their ornaments that first year and I wrote some of the sayings. And one of the ornaments I wrote on was from one of the instructors that said without challenge, you can't have change. And I really love that challenge, you can't have change, and I really love that statement and I think it's very true. So I think I'm doing things way differently now and I'm also 40. So this is my midlife crisis year too. So I think I definitely, in the latter half of my life, will do things far differently than I did in the first half of my life. So I think, kind of like in this kind of transitional period, it's kind of taught me how I'll do things a lot differently than the way I did them previously, successful at what I do. But I just want to do things a little differently. And, by the way, also, like in keeping consistent with this, I do really want to do content creation. I think it's something that I do all the time for clients and I don't do it for myself. It's like kind of ridiculous, like why don't I do that? Um, it's again about prioritizing myself, not just clients, and work constantly.
Speaker 3: So it's really good. I was starting to feel really emotional on that one, I think 2024 was great for me.
Speaker 2: I I fell in love. I left that in 2024 but, um, I appreciated the experience. I became a real estate agent. I gained tons and tons and tons of professional experience, a lot of learning lessons. I fell on my face many, many times in 2024. But I appreciate all of the falls. I loved all of the falls honestly, and I'm looking forward to being tougher in 2025. Well, I will be 40 in 2025, so Another one joins us in 2025. Yeah, Blaine's going to plan it at the Happy Star.
Speaker 1: Why do I have to plan everything? Okay deal, have you met Ryan? He plans his birthday like six months in advance. It's impressive. By the way, I plan mine like literally like two weeks of advance.
Speaker 2: I mean Ryan's, the one that told me he's like, oh well, it's on a Friday this year and I was like Holy crap, I had no idea, was he?
Speaker 3: right? Well, I also so, like when I get contacts. I like to save um at least like birth month and birthday.
Speaker 2: People don't like to give a year, but so last year is when I started doing the video messages and I sent them all to my friends in Florida and you know friends that live far away from me I started doing the happy birthday. I sent them a happy birthday on a video and I sent it, you know, on a text message and my buddy and his wife had called me a couple days, like day before yesterday, and they were like hey, reedy Roo, they call me Reedy ru, sorry and um, they were like um yours called you, or yeah, he. They called me up and they were like his wife is what. His wife's birthday was in mid-december and I hadn't heard back from her after I sent her and her twin sister a video happy birthday. And they, when I spoke to him the other day, she was crying in the background. She's, she's like, oh my God, I love her video messages. Is that like the new thing for 2025? You're going to send out your video Happy birthdays. I'm going to need you to be better at singing.
Speaker 3: I was like that bitch Wait. She said I'm going to need you to be better at singing, at singing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's that person, though, Like Lauren. Yeah, so I think I have a great voice, right? Do I have a good singing?
Speaker 3: voice guys. Can you sing for us? Not right now, I'll sing for you later We'll do a karaoke a little karaoke day. Oh, there was another moment that I thought of Karaoke with my mom. No, karaoke with my mom in Daytona Beach. That was last year too, and that got a little. It's Daytona Beach, I mean, I know out a little, it's daytona beach, I mean, I know, and it was like just the two of us. It got to the point where I was like, really, you have no harry styles, there's no harry styles, and he's like anybody else, anybody. And then bradley showed the video well, because I'd already, would already sing a few songs, right, and I was like, oh, maybe that one will be fine. Me and my mom tried to do a reba like duet, and we thought it was one of those moments where, like, you think you're phenomenal in the moment. And then these, and then you see the video the next day and you're like, oh, that's why he was asking if anybody else in the bar. But again, like super fun, and I was, I remember all of it, but it was just like, don't try to karaoke when you've had too many drinks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe more mindful Blaine and Ryan's will be better. I definitely had that moment doing Dear Evan Hansen one time, waving Through a Window. It was such a mess. Number one, it was right after the musical came out, so nobody actually knew the song except me because I just seen it on broadway and um, yeah, it was tragic. I mean I was wasted at alexander's so I did see the video. Yeah, they have really good espresso martinis there, but I had way too many and um, that was very embarrassing. But, um, you asked about dry january read and I decided to pull a little. That's exactly except it's. It actually is not an espresso martini in january this time oh, I actually don't have one of those this time with all the fun sayings on them. Um, I actually looked up where it came from because I was kind of interested this time because this has become like a big deal even here in dallas, which is like big time drinking culture. I couldn't even believe, like last year when we went to the bars and we were all doing dry january. Last year was a very successful dry january for our friend group I don't know if that was for me either.
Speaker 3: Was it was, was I doing it last year? Oh, because we were in the sunny side, we were pretty good Okay.
Speaker 1: We were ahead of it and then logging things. And then we did very good dry January and then post dry January we were logging and then it just fell off the rails because so this sunny side app is really, really irritating. Remember it kept texting me and it was like and it would basically give me like one drink a week and I finally said I'm done with you and yeah, I I honestly want to give you guys a drink right now, because you guys are so tense and that's a problem, I know hey, like you're both, this one's about to jump out of his chair.
Speaker 2: You're very. How is jumping out of my chair tense? Can I? Can I make you guys a?
Speaker 1: drink like. Is that all right? My my friend, carol, was like, said I think it was the super bowl was during dry jan, I think last year, and he goes oh my God, blaine, you are awful when you don't have anything to drink.
Speaker 3: I was just so like this is like part of the like process Speaking of journeys and processes and like this is only like what two or three nights of like not having a drink, yeah, I mean, you guys, just, you guys just sobered up. What yesterday, if you think about it, Thursday was rough, yesterday was Friday, yeah, so maybe by yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Make yourself a drink. Well, like you're not going to die.
Speaker 1: But no, I'm good with water, but dry January started in 2013 as a UK public health campaign. You know, the British are really smart. They come up with all these really cool campaigns. Some bars experience a 50% drop in revenue during January. Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: Well, you, I mean you have to also remember all the money that's spent during November and December for Christmas and holiday shopping. And you know, gift giving and gift giving and gift giving and gift giving, gift giving. Like you're buying. You're buying gifts for your barber, you're buying gifts for your you know but we're talking about like bars specifically, right? No, I know. But but people, because people spend so much money over the holidays, they're not going to be out spending it on drinks it's probably trying to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just cut back in general like whoa, that was a lot overall spending and overall spending.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also a lot of people make new year's resolutions, like you guys are doing with the whole dry january thing I guess.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't say it's dry january, I said it's just being, and it's basically I think it's just being well, one probably needing a reset, because four weeks of drinking is a little heavy. No matter who you are, that's excessive. So it can take one weekend off, um, but I think it's for both of us. I feel like it's just being about like maybe it's just asking ourselves like why am I drinking, or is this drinking? Like being a little more aware of it and who knows, when we come back and do a recording in february, like maybe we'll be like because recording this podcast with you guys is way more fun.
Speaker 2: You know what I did in 2024 that I forgot to mention. I did psychedelics for the first time.
Speaker 3: Oh Also like where did you get it? Because, like last year, like mushrooms became widely available, like on Amazon, some levels right.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I did not purchase them on Amazon, I did them with a special someone and, yeah, it was a great experience. I really enjoyed it, Except when I got to the end of it. It was funny because his buddy was like Reed, you're so chill. When I told you the story, he's like Reed, you had such a chill mushroom trip or whatever. I've never seen anyone so calm and collected. And then, as I'm saying, as he's saying this, the color, the blood just leaves my face and I start acting like I'm going to pass out. It was only a few minutes, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not supposed to talk about that, just enjoy it, I guess.
Speaker 3: Even the mushrooms. This is how far it went. 24 is that my mom was even open to having one of the little capsules. Like we order online and like mom, this will just you know, it's just a little like feel good. Like you know, the trees and nature will feel vibrant. We're at the pool, like I felt like it's right, like that's like online and legal and fine. Now, or is it a little? I don't know where the line is these days, like is that?
Speaker 1: I don't either, because they have those beverages now that have mushrooms yeah, like online from an instagram ad.
Speaker 3: I've tried, yeah, and I've got like my little cbd mushroom drink and you like those right, I had that last night and I was like really chill because I was feeling kind of anxious, see maybe I need that.
Speaker 1: You know I actually another stat is like. You know that industry is like, I think, over a half a billion dollar industry. Now the non-alcoholic kind of mocktail, cocktail, chill industry is like over half a billion. So it's like growing a lot. I actually just saw a woman whose dad used to own a bar and she has a non-alcoholic mocktail shop that owns that excels like wines and beers and but also these like little cocktail, pre-done cocktail drinks so is that for people that go out, that just want to be on like gummies, or another alternative? or just have what feels like a cocktail, like I actually um, I actually sent ryan a picture of this um guy who was on cnn because the surgeon general came out yesterday. You know, for some reason our health department is starting to go on a complete, complete, crazy tangent right now and tell us that all these things are bad for us.
Speaker 3: Well, they probably timed it with the dry January, I guess, right Like New Year.
Speaker 1: they know that like drinking is on people's minds, probably so he said that even one to two glasses of wine a night can cause cancer. So he wants to slap warning labels on all alcohol, like cigarettes, and that means I'm probably going to die of cancer.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know what the stats are and how many people drink, but I would think most people have had at least one to two glasses at some point.
Speaker 1: Yes, so anyway, they had this guy on CNN the other day and I'm going to get this book Mindful Mixology. I thought this was such a cool book. I'll put it in the video too. But he made a margarita with chickpea water, lime juice and something else. Anyway, it looked really good.
Speaker 3: Is this the mixer to go with the tequila?
Speaker 1: No, you don't have tequila, it's a mocktail.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I like alcohol.
Speaker 3: I do love alcohol, which, speaking of because I've started that audiobook that I mentioned one of the things that comes to mind is because, when you have a substance, it could be anything, or if it's, um, maybe the beginning of like the shop, somebody becomes like shopping addict, or so not just alcohol, but it's like you recognize right, like I had this substance, it altered my mood. And is that? How often do you start to feel like I want to alter, to feel social or happy or less anxious or, you know, like so to the point where it comes like you either rely on it or you need a lot more of it.
Speaker 2: I mean I've been in slumps before like depressions or sadness or anger and I've bounced from six different Marshalls and home goods in the area and shop, but that I don't know that more of. I don't look at it as an addiction or like a crutch I come home with really great stuff.
Speaker 1: But I mean, I do think that there is so another funny, interesting thing that and I feel like I've just maybe I'm just noticing it because ryan and I've been having these discussions um that I was also saw this other, you know, news article or whatever story about this drug called naltrexone and there was this woman and she's just like a nice older lady, I think she's retired, and she just said that she was starting to drink a little too much at night, like wine, like one to two glasses became two to three and three to four maybe, and then she just noticed she was doing it all the time and her doctor gave her naltrexone and she just basically stopped drinking altogether and it's just like $5 a month, like no big deal, and I guess there's like good options for it. I guess it just all it does is, to your point, just pets the pleasure center in the brain there's the fun in that but the the thing is, the whole thing was like um, they were explaining with alcohol, like as you drink more and more, your brain basically it's like opioid addiction they basically just wants more and more because it keeps getting more and more pleasure. So, like I think what happens is it will do like a dry january and we get used to not drinking that much, and then by the time we get snow holidays we've now like up darkened some shit oh it's, it's for sure, up by like may and that's why sunny side is like freaking out at us and we have to turn it off I mean I had the.
Speaker 2: So when I quit smoking, I um, I had that quit smoking app that I got tired of too, and I got rid of it, but I haven't smoked in over a year. I'm not giving up drinking, no it's just not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I'm not when we're not a place right now, we're saying we're giving up drinking. We're just kind of talking about like options and alternatives or like see, I gave up smoking too and I I think it's different.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's different for everyone. I think for me, like smoking, like I couldn't have another cigarette, or just chain smoke, oh yeah, like it was, because I did fall back into it did, did you smoke?
Speaker 3: cigarettes regularly oh chain smoker.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was like, yeah, I was at least a pack a day back in the day and then I quit using Alan Carr's method, the easy way to quit smoking, which is like, if anybody ever needs to quit smoking, it is so easy. What is it? Well, it's a book, and I did the audiobook Like Ashton Kutcher. It's how he quit smoking. It's how Ellen DeGeneres quit smoking. It's literally how, like, most celebrities have quit smoking and you just get to the end and it's like you're like, oh, it kind of breaks the mental thing of smoking.
Speaker 2: Never realized how many celebrities actually smoke either, Like tons Blake Lively.
Speaker 1: Well, adele, adele smoked. I think she quit finally, but she smoked for a very long time. But yeah, like it was so easy and I just put it down. And the funny thing is there's a chapter I had like let's say, I have like 30 minutes left in the audio book and I remember I had like a pack of cigarettes or I had like one cigarette left or two and I was going to get an IV because I wasn't feeling that well and I was driving down PCH and LA and I was like, okay, I'm gonna have this cigarette and I'll have the other one. I'll stop at the gas station all the way back and then I will get one more pack of cigarettes and by that point I'll be at the end of this and then I can have my last cigarette. But I'm not kidding you. I light the last cigarette and no joke. The next thing goes cigarette, and no joke. The next thing goes the next chapter, your last cigarette, and I go. I go. No, I'm not ready. This isn't the moment. I was like you have to light another one with that cigarette. I literally like this no, I already lit it and it can't be my last cigarette. I'm supposed to be sitting on the beach, like it's supposed to be this like very ceremonial thing sitting on the beach, it's supposed to be this very ceremonial thing. And then I listened to it. It was like a minute and a half long and I thought you know what, for something as bad as smoking, I should just make it my last cigarette. And I'll be damned. It worked and it was my last cigarette. I didn't smoke again for six years. And then I had a really bad time with my boyfriend right before COVID and I went out to the desert and he came for one night and then when he left I was pissed off and I went to the gas station. I'm like I'm going to go buy some American Spirits Stupidest thing I ever did. Smoked like four packs that week and then I was just like people would go down to smoke from the office. I'd be like can I buy one and then about me, one became buying another pack and it took me. It took me a while to quit again. Like it was hard. I had to listen to it again, but it didn't work as well the second time.
Speaker 2: So wait, you smoked during COVID.
Speaker 1: All of COVID. Isn't that the stupidest thing? And I had been quit for six years before seven years. That blows my mind that you had quit for six years, and seven, I think actually seven years I just didn't even think about it. Never it was so easy to quit. And then just because that one week and it was right before COVID, that triggering event week, and it was right before covid, that triggering event, and it was literally it was like two months before covid that that happened, and then I just got hooked right before covid and I was like I can't believe I'm smoking before a global pandemic that can kill me because anyway, it's so freaking dumb anyway. But anybody that wants to quit smoking, easy way to quit smoking by alan carr. He, uh, he was a chain smoker. He smoked five packs a day that's about yeah, that's about 50.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much they are now, but I think they were 10 over 10 bucks when I was still smoking but he created this method, he quit and he lived a pretty decently long life.
Speaker 1: I mean he did die of lung cancer eventually, but I think he was like in his late 70s. I mean there was no way he would have lived that long if he'd been smoking, um, but yeah. So naltrexone is like another way, you know easier way to help people kind of cut down on their drinking, if not totally quit. But I think mindful drinking is okay. I don't want to totally quit, I like smoking maybe you should do shrooms.
Speaker 2: You should do mushrooms, and that'll'll help ease the transition to a dry January. So you know what New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, we all do mushrooms.
Speaker 1: I'm actually feeling really good about it now, because 10 minutes ago you weren't, 10 minutes ago you were about to. I feel pretty good now, shaking, sweating. Yeah, now I'm going to have a problem tonight because we're going to a birthday party that I don't really want to go to, so and there's going to be people there that I don't necessarily care for, so if I might have a problem, so we'll see. We'll see how lucky I am. This might become become damn January.
Speaker 3: You pretty much have to decide beforehand. I feel like, or I'll be like, okay, I'm going to have two and then be like two has to be it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm going to do. I'm going to get Sunnyside, so at least I'm logging.
Speaker 3: That's what it tells me. It's like good job logging, like that's the first step.
Speaker 2: Is that what goes on? You guys just don't know how many. I mean you both are tall dudes.
Speaker 1: So I mean it's not like, but when you log it's kind of shocking.
Speaker 3: And we're also logging like. Technically you should be logging one drink as like a one-shot drink and if anyone goes to Woody's you order one drink. That's not actually just one drink, it's like two.
Speaker 2: Eas drink.
Speaker 3: It's like two easily two yeah, but it's like two bottom, you know, like not top shelf anything, right, it's more than an ounce of liquor if you're like being uh, you know real about it. Right, like it's logging one drink.
Speaker 1: It's not based on like a cup, it's based on a shot glass and like when ryan and I make espresso martinis, those are two shots of tequila, so we don't do a one shot.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you could just count a martini as one drink, then. But we, we know that that's not. It's mostly how many do you log a martini? Do you do it as two or three?
Speaker 2: three probably might be the real number does this app also log how much you guys spent on alcohol, like in 2024?
Speaker 3: it's only as good as the information you provide it. So if you're not putting that in, then it's not going to tell you how much money you spent yeah.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of my new year's resolutions, I think the first one is content creation. The second one is to at drinking significantly because number one that will save money. It's kind of amazing when you go to brunch and you don't drink Like it's a lot cheaper. And then three, I want to get back into yoga Because that was a very mindful activity for me, not just for the exercise, but also for the exercise but also the yeah, it gives me an hour to just clock out and I think I don't really give myself that time. Actually, I was telling Ryan I got very excited because I lost my ring that I got in Sedona, arizona, when I went on my seven day shaman retreat right after I left my last company after a very terrible time and I found it. So I think it's a good time to get back into that and do some mindful activity. But also I want to be like really also back into the gym consistently and get exactly where I wanted to physically before I turned 41 do y'all not have the apps on your phone like I'm looking at ryan for your watch?
Speaker 3: I'm looking at ryan's watch right now and aren't you like constantly getting alerts from like you need to stand up oh yeah, we already got one because we're recording, yeah I got two stands, since I've been sitting here yeah, I mean, I definitely I love my apple, while I choose the fitness, bradley and I are super into like we getting our um, you know the counts to get at least like what is it? 100 calories per 10 minutes? Like very like metric driven. So for me I'm like, I think, upping the awareness so we'll see right, like the logging the food thing, I'm gonna try, I'm giving that a try. I Like the logging the food thing, I'm going to try, I'm giving that a try. I'm going to log the food. I'm being more conscious of like tracking, I think, as opposed to just, uh, I've been consistent with the gym, but am I actually like making those milestones to the results I want? I haven't been tracking it.
Speaker 1: So what are your resolutions, Ryan? You said you have six months of them.
Speaker 3: Um, I mean, it's like clarity and health have probably good sum it all up, but I think the one, like you said, reducing alcohol. My main reason for thinking about reducing alcohol is for more clarity for the goals that I have outside of that. So more of that like mental awareness, because I want to this year achieve, I think, better clarity of like self relationships. Um, I've got my fitness goals, which also tie into AIDS life cycle. June will be the very last AIDS life cycle ever and it'll be my fifth time cycling in it. So I'm like gearing up for that, Um, and then also finishing massage school and everything that means to me, Um, and then also finishing massage school and everything that means to me, Um, and then even career wise, you know like and that was probably another thing we chat a lot about because, yes, I have my like corporate career job and in general, I have like really loved it overall but have felt pretty like stagnant for at least a year all, but have felt pretty like stagnant for at least a year. You know my managers know that, but I've got a career coach as well, so I feel like I've armed myself with all the resources to be on track with that with the fitness, health, clarity and getting my career to next level, and massage to go with that as well by the way, we're going to revisit these next year and make sure that we hit them all.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to do.
Speaker 3: Well, listen to this episode in like November or December too, and be like you know, got two months to catch up on that. What about you?
Speaker 2: I would love to have my own house by the end of the year. I would love to have my property and own property by the end of the year. That would be a goal. Other than that, I'm going to be a lot more social. I'm going to actually show up. I spent a lot of time in 2024 working. You're going to show up to brunch. Once y'all are done with your dry January, then I'll probably show up to brunch. Yeah, I mean, why not? Let's do alternatives. But I'm going to be a lot more social this year because I spent a lot of time in 2024 working. I didn't. I didn't take any trips. I haven't seen my family. I honest to god, if it weren't for my mom flying in last October, this past October, I hadn't seen her in over a year. So I definitely need to make trips a priority, vacation a priority. I need to do that whole separate um, what is it? Work-life balance? So I'm gonna focus on that awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you definitely should travel. Where do you want to go?
Speaker 2: firstly, I have to go visit the family and friends that are within the 50 states, the united states I could be traveling through there well, we're doing a trip to Spain again.
Speaker 3: Oh, you guys are doing that during AIDS. Aids, life cycled up, so I'm missing that one. When are you going to Spain? It's in June Pride.
Speaker 1: Such as Pride. Yeah, it's the gay beach town outside of Barcelona. And then I think we're doing a little town outside of Madrid called Cadiz, and then hopefully Tangier, morocco. And what other thing did I plan? Obviously, madrid, we'll just make Morocco like a one-day thing, and then obviously spend a little time in Sitges again. And then Barcelona, barcelona, barcelona I can't ever say Sitges again. And then Barcelona, barcelona, barcelona I can't ever say it right. And then Madrid. I loved Madrid and I felt like I didn't spend enough time there. And then I hope to go to the Lavender Fields in France. It's so beautiful, but I'm going to dip over there because they only have 10 days and I'm going to take a little more time because I never get to do that and no one ever wants to go with me. So I think I'm going to go, get a cottage and be alone in the lavender fields, being like screw the world.
Speaker 2: I'm going to pull out the holiday up here. You know, do that house swap thing. Can I tell you, one of my favorite movies ever is the holiday have you ever seen it?
Speaker 1: kate winslet, cameron diaz, maybe not. Kate winslet has a cute little cottage in the english countryside and um cameron, yeah, and cameron diaz has a really big mansion in la la yeah that sounds about right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so cute.
Speaker 1: I love that movie, but that's like my dream, like I just want a little cottage like that in france for just a little bit. Also, um is that movie that I always watch. Um, every christmas anyway, there's another one where he goes to the french countryside and meets the love of his life. So maybe that's what happened to me, since I lost both of my cuffing boys this holiday. Wait, you didn't tell me you lost both of them, I think. So we're starting fresh. I think we're starting fresh in January. Yeah, it sounds like it, but it's okay, you know, the boy tornado can spin back up y'all.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, oh boy.
Speaker 1: We'll start spinning up that boy tornado. We'll get some more guys into the mix. What did we decide to do for our game, the non-political game? It's kind of a game, but we're just going to have to see who wins next year the game. So we have to wait 12 months. Yeah, it's terrible. One outrageous prediction for the coming year the game.
Speaker 2: So we have to wait 12 months? Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 1: One outrageous prediction for the coming year. This can be anything about pop culture, politics or something Really anything. Pop culture news.
Speaker 2: Kelsey and Swift breakup.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I was gonna be like era is 2.0. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why does it always have to be about Taylor?
Speaker 3: Swift, you said pop culture and no matter who you are, you got to admit she's a very influential part in pop culture.
Speaker 1: Love it. That's a really good one. I really like that one.
Speaker 3: And which you know what that means. We're going to get a really amazing album.
Speaker 2: That's not.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you were saying what are you pointing to me? Let's do one political one, pop culture. I want to do a pop culture one.
Speaker 2: Oh God the political.
Speaker 1: Harry Styles will not release another album. I think that's all he had, and that goes to my friend Renal, who loves him so much. Chapel Roan will release another album Do you think she has the ability or is she going to cry?
Speaker 3: She needs to go through, keep staying in therapy. She's a proponent of therapy.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you I'm a huge fan of Chapel Roan and I really hope that she doesn't let these haters get turned because I mean, god bless that poor girl Like I can't believe she had to cancel those shows. Like you know, power through girl I saw.
Speaker 3: That was like five days before we saw her at Austin City Limits. I think it was the weekend before Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So now let's do political, let's do a political category.
Speaker 3: Blaine's really into this one. He's probably the most involved. Well, I don't know. He's the head of. Okay, so one didn't vote. One is the president of the log cabin Republicans in Dallas and one is oh, is that not? That's like public knowledge.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay, I'm going to make it public now. Everybody knows I mean in the Dallas voice, yes, which everyone should read. If you get mad about that.
Speaker 3: So now we need to get into the Dallas Morning News.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually have been reached out to by multiple larger publications. So yeah, it's actually a great article. If anyone wants to read it, it's in the Dallas Voice. I think it'll change your mind about certain things about the entity party. Don't judge me until you read it, thanks.
Speaker 3: Prediction, can we all move forward more hopeful and unified, like you talk about in your article.
Speaker 1: I know I think that we will pass bipartisan immigration reform for the first time in the last what 40 years?
Speaker 3: How about Marjorie Taylor Greene finally goes up in a UFO this year?
Speaker 1: That's a good one. There you go. Yep, that one. Oh, we can do personal.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. So the question to all of us is single or in a relationship? The question is is Blaine going to end the year? I'm like I think you'll probably have been in several relationships. So, timing-wise, it depends on which day we're asking.
Speaker 2: I'm saying a semi-monogamous. Whatever Blaine wants, whatever type of relationship Blaine wants, he will be in a committed relationship by the end of the year, by New Year's.
Speaker 1: That is my assumption, I think my hope would be yes, I would be in a relationship by the end of the year. Yes, thank you, reed. I'm actually looking for that, believe it or not. Despite the boy tornado thing, I think I'm ready. So you have a tinder. Well, apparently I have to get on something to meet people. Though I tend to meet people out, I really don't meet people on apps I mean no, me too.
Speaker 2: I always was like that too I get hit up on facebook, instagram, like oh, instagram's actually ends up being a big one so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had several dates from facebook and instagram people that don't even live in the state my problem is with the instagram thing is I always forget about their message and I don't really check my instagram messages that much I'm really bad about it. Ryan knows I usually respond to it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll like tag you on something and see it a few weeks later, but like I know that and the tag's still there, so like if I actually want to reach out to you, I know I can call you or text you yeah, I'm not very good at instagram messages, okay, so let me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've got another one for ryan um. Will ryan have a wedding date by the end of next year?
Speaker 3: the end of this year, I'll say you're gonna have a wedding date by the end of next year, the end of this year, I'll say you're going to have a wedding date by the end of the year, putting me on the spot.
Speaker 2: I told you I'm part of figuring this out over these next six months. Yeah, that's nothing against you or Bradley. I just don't think you guys are going to select a date by the end of the year.
Speaker 3: I think so. My goal right now is by summer. There needs to be a clear direction on planning that for yes or no.
Speaker 2: Is it Bradley holding it?
Speaker 3: up, or is it Brian holding it up? There's not any one person holding anything up, I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys are committed living together.
Speaker 3: You guys have rings on each other's fingers Sounds like it's more of a complex answer, I think, than just one person's holding it up.
Speaker 2: No, you're right. Exactly that's what I mean, I like. I mean, setting a date is something that's just going to happen, and that's why I don't think it's going to happen by the end of this year. And I don't mean that against either of you. I mean you all have other things that you're working on. It's not a big deal, you're not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: I mean that in the sense of you're not yeah, I just think like I would never rush getting engaged. I just think it's not worth it to me. But that's me. I'm also not a marriage person. I don't get it. I need to ask myself that that's a different episode look at reed being mr devil over there like come on maybe it's just because you guys haven't had a drink. All right, I think that's what's going on okay, so we'll read be in a relationship by the end of next year, yes or no of this year?
Speaker 2: sorry, my answer is no. I will not be in a relationship by the end of this year do you just not have that much faith in love? No, I believe in love.
Speaker 1: I'm technically still hung up, really yeah no, everything's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm a firm believer in love and I'm open to it. However, I do not foresee me being in a relationship by the end of the year. I'm going to be traveling. I'm going to be not worried, not really focused on dating, though I am on Tinder.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I think that Reed gets hung up on men all the time. Never. I know we don't have anything to really cheers, but we can kind of.
Speaker 3: I mean, we'll just say, like we talked about right, like trust, the process. We're on a journey, probably the same thing we said last year, because it's just another year in the journey, but we're on a new stage and we wish everyone well and a happy new year and more content creation I'm excited about 2025.
Speaker 1: Let's do it and we are gonna stick to these resolutions this year.
Speaker 3: So cheers, oh yes, we are at least the content one, and my goal with that is to speak up more too, because I didn't do enough of that on this podcast last year well, now you don't have Adam screaming at you, so it's pretty nice.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, see, cheers y'all. Happy New Year. Happy New Year, cheers to 2025. Cheers to 2025.