Listen to Department of Economics faculty, Todd Federman and David Axelrod, discuss the current inflation crisis in the U.S. In this episode they discuss the following:
- Inflation definition
- How is the inflation rate calculated?
- Impact of Covid on inflation
- Why the inflation rate has spiked and its’ implications on the U.S. economy and consumers
- Actions that can be implemented by the Federal Reserve Bank to lower the rate
- Prediction on impact of recent interest rate increase
- Role of supply chain on impacting inflation rate