In this episode Dr. Edmond Berisha, Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics, discusses the current state of the U.S. job market. He discusses several issues related to this topic, including the following:
· The effects of high employment on the economy in both the short-term and long-term
· The job markets that have been most affected by the Coronavirus
· The impact of the stimulus plans on the US job market
· What other actions should the US government implement to help the economy
· When will the U.S. job market recover
Dr. Berisha, who received his PhD from the Department of Economics at West Virginia University, in May 2017, joined the Department of Economics at the Feliciano School of Business. His research interest includes macroeconomics, monetary policy, and income distribution. Dr. Berisha has published several manuscripts based on his research regarding the relationship between key macroeconomic variables and income distribution in the U.S. Prior to joining Montclair State, he worked as an Assistant Professor of Economics at Fairmont State University, West Virginia, where he taught several economics and finance courses.