I don’t watch sports these days, but watching the highlights of somebody’s professional life is still compelling enough that it can almost bring me to tears. If you are a high performer in any area of life, I highly recommend you check out The Last Dance. This series covers Michael Jordan’s career, as well as a look into his competitors and what they think of him.
I’ve compiled ten things I learned from the series that I think will bring me more success in business.
1. If you want to get to the top, you must have an unquenching desire to win.
2. You have to be willing to lose.
3. Not everyone will like you. A lot of Jordan’s teammates thought he was a bully and a lot of people feared him.
4. Keep the main thing the main thing. Michael Jordan was living a humble life and was committed to basketball.
5. Stay in your lane. Often times, we want to go into other industries even though we’re really good at one thing.
6. You might be a star player, but you still need a star team.
7. Make smart business decisions. Michael Jordan made an important business decision to become a star player when they were not common in basketball.
8. It comes down to the very last shot. The difference between first and second is so small, so you need to have an edge.
9. Victory comes from going to the extremes of human experience.
10. Enjoy the ride. It’s great to win in business, but in the end, we’re all humans and we have to come to terms with that.
If you want to learn more about finding success in your business, visit https://www.digitalnomad.com/Podcast/