SPEAKER_05: Welcome to Life Series, a podcast from King Garden Bay Baptist Church, where we gather together to experience God's love, grow in God's love, and give that love back to each other.
SPEAKER_03: We gather pro acting and appropriation.
SPEAKER_01: Matthew chapter 28, we're reading from the New International Version of the Bible. We're reading from the New International Version of the Bible. We've added two verses to our scripture on our series on missions. We'll be reading from verse 16 to 20 on this morning. We want to give a big shout out that if you are here, that means you're alive. And if you're alive, you have energy. And if you have energy, you have momentum and junction to be able to speak. Amen. So now this is not going to be a one-way, this is going to be a dual carriage rate, meaning that there's going to be traffic from you to me and me to you. And the way for traffic to move along, both people have to move at the same time. I don't want to be up here one way and stuck in traffic. And I don't want you down there just stuck in traffic. So we communicate back and forth. Matthew chapter 28, verses 16 to 20 for the New International Version of the Bible. And it says, The then 11 disciples went to Galilee to the mountain where Jude, where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him, but they doubted. Look at your neighbors saying they saw him, they worshiped him, but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them everything that I've commanded you, and surely I'm with you always, even to the end of the earth. Another message version of the Bible, which the message version of the Bible says, meanwhile, look at your neighbor says, Meanwhile, the eleven disciples went up to Galilee and headed to the mountain that Jesus had set for their reunion. But look at this: the moment they saw him, the moment they saw him, they worshipped him. Look at look at your neighbor. Said, the moment they saw him, they worshiped him. Look at your other neighbors. Said, some though held back, some though held back, not sure about worship, about risking themselves totally. This morning, symbolically, we're gonna share on I got my doubts. Look at your neighbor says, I got my doubts. As we continue our series on mission part four, it's I got my doubts. Lord, we ask you now for this moment that you'll quicken our hearts and our minds and our spirit and let your word go forward and let us who live in this world, who have real life doubts about today, tomorrow, and the future be able to trust you always. Lord, we love you, but help our unbelief. In your name we pray, amen. You may be seated as we are here, and now you have to understand that so much things that may have happened, this is now two weeks, God, give or take, after Jesus would have been crucified and had ascended. There's so much things happening at this time that now that Jesus was now saying, I want, he said he had a meeting place, he had a meeting place for his disciples. He told them where to meet them. Now, if anyone has ever been out with kids, anyone have teenagers? Anyone have teenagers? Uh, anyone has children that they've dropped off? Anyone has children that dropped off? As before you've dropped them off, there are a couple things that happen. Uh, there are a couple things that happen when you drop them off. Uh, my last night, last night unplanned, after after my brother dragged me to a meeting, I went out to the peer park. After I went out to the peer park, uh, I was with my kids, Elijah and Anea. Uh, Amel had another engagement at a birthday party. Uh, they were fully booked and busy. Uh my wife and I, we were walking, and as soon as we got out the car uh to the peer park, I told my kids, I looked at them and says, I want you to make sure you meet me back here at Best Cuts in front of Best Cuts at 9:30. Uh, because the important thing is I don't really care what they do from the time we drop them off until we pick them back up. I don't even need to see them. However, at 9:30, I need everybody to be able to meet me at this appointed place. Uh, if I come there and everyone knows that I am the most patient person in the world. Uh, if 9:30 comes and they're not there, everything is gonna be okay. I will not fuss, I will not blow the horn, I will not attempt to leave my wife's children there. I will wait patiently. Uh, so you have to understand that it doesn't matter what will happen in between the point of me dropping you off, however, where I pick you up from, and the agreed-upon meeting point is important. Jesus now looked at his disciples before he was crucified, before the resurrection. He says, In three days, I'm gonna meet you here. And Jesus says, Don't worry about what's going on, no matter what people say. I need you to be here. Now, have you ever been in a situation, ever been in a circumstance where you've been now that you drop somebody off and you're supposed to have a meeting point, and you uh have this meeting point and no one shows up and no one is there? We had an agreement, but now all of a sudden everyone has forgotten their plans. Now Jesus now told them, I want you to meet me in the hills. And now he remember they now had now just 11 disciples because at this point Judas had already probably hung himself and had already deceived Jesus, and Jesus committed suicide because he couldn't live with what he had done to Jesus. But how it said, now the 11 said at this appropriate meeting point they went up, and now when they saw Jesus, look at your neighbor, it says, when they saw Jesus, some of them looked at him and worshiped him, but some of them doubted, and some of them worshiped in the midst of their doubt. I want you to know that sometimes being able to stay on mission is hard when there is doubt. If you think about it now, Jesus is now has now come back and appeared to the disciples in two forms, and it even says Thomas looked at him and doubted him, and then Jesus had him, and Jesus had a back and forth. He says, Look at my arm, my hands. Don't you see the piercings? And Thomas looked at him and says, I believe, but this is a little bit rough for me. Now we point out Thomas, but it says it wasn't just Thomas because it said 11 of them went. If I if I was to think and be someone where we'll put a wager on it, that 11 of them went, it says some of them worship and some of them doubted. Uh so I want to just say and think this uh spiritually and liberally, that means that 50% of them may have been happy and worshiped, and other 50% of them may have worshiped and doubted. I want you to know that it says that all of them worshiped, but some of them had doubt. Now I want you to be able to know that when you go through a mission in life, that there are gonna be times when you're gonna be doubtful. You have to understand when you're living this life, there are times in your life that doubt is gonna creep in. I want to be able to tell somebody, no matter who you are, no matter how much faith you have, no matter how long you live, doubt is a part of being human. Now, for the people in here feeling like you're supposed to be in church and never be have doubt, I want to tell your tell your neighbor, tell somebody who says, I live, I sometimes I doubt. Sometimes I doubt. Sometimes I have struggles with doubting. Now, uh, before you become all super spiritual and says, Well, how do you have faith and doubt? Uh we go through life, we doubt things all the time. See, doubting makes us human, it makes us curious, it makes us discover, it makes us question, it makes us explore. Doubting doesn't mean it's always negative. Doubting is a human reality that causes us to question, uh causes us to be a little bit safer about what is happening. Have anybody in here, have you ever doubted before? Now, if you understand that we have sometimes we have reason to doubt that some situations that we find ourselves in with people and circumstances that we doubt. If you go over the history of time that you look at this, that people always doubted Jesus, that they doubted if he was truly the Messiah, they doubted if he could create miracles, if he was gonna heal people, they even doubted if he was gonna come back from what he said. They doubted Jesus. Now, there's some people who have a track record of being unfaithful and unreliable. Uh, don't look to your left or to your right because that person may be sitting in your row. Uh, because you know that the people that if they tell you something that they're about to be here and they're about to show up, it's best you just give yourself an extra few moments. Uh, because if that person tells you to come at 10, you just know that they're not gonna show up till 11. Don't look to your left way to your right. Have there's ever been somebody that when they give you their word, you know you should go the opposite way. They tell you to go left, it's best you go right. They tell you go up, you should go down. Uh, because those people have a track record of being untrustworthy. Uh, that they've that you can't trust their word. And if you know something, the best thing that you have in this world, beyond money, title, and status, is your word. What you say should be something that someone could rely on. And even now, as someone in church or being a Christian, your words should matter. Now I know that we're about to approach talking season here in these British version. What talking season is is a political time where people promise things that they can't deliver. Uh, what happens is that they tell you all these things, and their words sometimes don't seem to matter. And the meat of the matter, you know what I'm talking about. Uh, do you understand what's about to happen in the next 12 months? That there's gonna be a lot of things, and you have enough reason to doubt. You have enough reason to doubt because you've seared over and over how we're supposed to have things delivered to us as a people, but every year you turn around and you're still going away. Wait, wait, wait. I I know some people might be scared, I know some people might get a little worried. Uh, I'm okay uh because I now am standing on a platform that we are supposed to profess and save things and speak truth to power. I understand that you're living in a world that you allow allow sometimes. You want to feel good. You ever been in a situation where somebody you know is telling lies to you, but it makes you feel good? I'm sorry, you know it. Let me let me say, you know you can't fit that dress, you know that shirt don't look good on you, uh, but you want the people to say, you know you look good, you know you can't get that top button in. That don't fit no more. But you want somebody to come and boost your ego and say it's gonna be alright, it's not gonna be alright. That burden is about to burst, and some people now sing around and you want to be lied to because the lies keep you comfortable, and so now as we enter a political era, I want you to be able to start to decipher the truth from the lies. Look at their track record of delivery. What have you done? Have you stuck to your word or have you always found a reason to compromise your position and your people? I want you to be able to know you have to be able to test people. You be can we be like Thomas for a little bit? That's why it says doubt is not always bad. Can I say when they come and tell you all these promises? Ask them, can I see your hands? I want to check to see if they're dirty with past criminalities. I want to see if you've taken something. I want to see if you went to the old bear person and got a wash. Is there some blue soap still on your hands? I want to check your hands. Can I can I check your hands to see who you've who you pissed, who you've allowed to pair your hands? Can I check your hands to see if you've been through something? If your hands are too soft, it means that you ain't done no hard work. Can I check your hands? It's okay to doubt. Can't you you can't just believe everything somebody says the moment they say it? People come into your life saying that they're gonna do this and that. Can you doubt them for a second? Can you ask a secondary question? If Jesus allowed Thomas to ask a question and then rebuke him, he says, Here are my hands, Thomas. See, some of us think that when we ask God and we question God, we're somewhat being disrespectful to God. God can take your questions, he can take your doubt. If you have a question, ask God. If you say, God, I don't know about this, I'm not sure, ask God. Don't allow your doubt to cause you to be deterred from your destiny. Because what God is calling you to do is about to be something great, and of course you're gonna be saying, God, me? You calling me to do all this? Are you sure? Has anybody ever won something? I've I've never won something really big in a very long time. I've never won a raffle or a ticket draw. Uh, but do you understand the feeling when people call your number? What's the first thing that they do? Me? Are you sure? And then after the doubt becomes great jubilation, they say, now we've had now the time I've been on the other end of calling out people's numbers has always been the same. I pick up the phone, I says, We've called your number of you won a prize. Me? I've never won anything. Are you sure it's okay to doubt? However, doubt cannot be consumed and be just take over your entire life. Look at your neighbor and says, Stay on mission. But I got my doubts. Sometimes you have the first thing you have to understand, doubt is always gonna be present. Look at your neighbors say, doubt is always gonna be present. If you live long enough, doubt always gonna be present. There's gonna be times where God is blessing you, and you're gonna feel like, God, are you sure? Anyone ever been in a situation where God, are you sure? In the bad times, bad things are happening in your life, left and right, Monday through Friday, you're wondering, and you say, God, really? Again, you have to understand and you start to doubt. God, are you sure you're calling me to this? Are you sure that you're trusting? God, is it me? Doubt happens, and now, even when things happen good in your life, you're doubting God. You doubt God when bad things happen, you doubt God when good things happen. God, are you sure you sent this person into my life who's not toxic? God, are you sure you're giving me a job that I could provide for my family and my generations? God, are you sure that I went to a doctor's report and everything is healthy? God, are you sure that you've called me to do it seemingly above all I could ever ask, hope, or think. And now the things that I've asked, hope, and thought about are now manifesting. God, are you sure? I want to let your neighbor says doubt always exists. How the human existence allows doubt to be a part of who we are. But the second thing is, I want to be able to tell you, uh doubt doesn't, doubt, doubt doesn't cancel your worship. Look at your neighbor says, doubt doesn't cancel your worship. Now, as you go into the scripture now, especially for the message, it says, Meanwhile, the 11 disciples uh who were on their way to Galilee headed to the mountain where Jesus has set for their reunion. Uh, then the moment they saw him, some they said, the moment they saw him, they worshiped him. Now, I want to break this down. I want doubt doesn't cancel your worship. I want to break this down for you. It says, the moment they saw him, meaning, meaning that the eleven, the moment they saw him, they said they what? They worshiped him. Look at your next neighbor who's paying attention. Uh it says, they said, the moment the eleven saw him, they worshiped him. Yes? That means all of them when they saw him, because it was Jesus, they what? Worshiped him. Now, the second verse after that, it says, but some though held back, not sure about worship, about risking themselves totally. Oh, let me get this for the people in the back who who didn't who who who may not have paid attention. It says, the moment they saw him, which is to saw him is what? All what eleven. And they said some they worshiped him, but it said some did what? Held back. Let me look at look at your neighbor over here. It says the moment that they saw him, all 11 of them, they said they worshiped him, but some held back. Uh there's some people over here that are seeing Jesus and they're worshiping him, and some of them are holding back. Uh Pastor, I don't think they got it yet. That because if you got it, you would have been happy because you would understand that some of you are meeting Jesus and having encounters with Jesus and are worshiping him, but some of you are holding back. I know you you may let me just I think you're getting it to class. We're gonna do this one more time. It says, eleven of them went back to the mountaintop where they said for you to meet Jesus. They said when they saw Jesus, all of them worshiped him. Remember, all of them worshiped him, but then some of them held back. That donates that worship can exist in the midst of doubt. Uh, but there is two different types of worship. Uh, there's a worship now that exists, that now that you will now be able to decipher from the scripture. If the time the scripture took so long to be able to decipher, that means it's important. It says all of them worshiped him, but some held back their worship because they were afraid of taking a risk. Now I want to be able to tell you, I want to ask you and ask yourself, what kind of worshiper are you when you encounter Jesus? Are you the worshiper that is afraid to hold back and you hold back to worshiping Jesus? Or are you the type of person that says, when you encounter Jesus, because of all the things that He's done for me, when I encounter Jesus, my worship will not be held back. My praise will not be held back. Now you might be saying that you're gonna kind of be the kind of worshiper that when I encounter Christ, that I'm gonna make sure that I have a divine experience. It says, when I've been to church, I'm gonna give God all the praise and all the glory. But guess what happens? You get to church and you start seeing people and you start doubting. And now, because your doubt, you can't concentrate on Christ. So God is in your life operating, but you miss encounters with Christ because your worship is held back by doubt. Your purpose is being held back by doubt. You don't think that God has called you to do exceeding above what you ask, hope, or think because you're doubting. You don't want to praise God with all spirit and all power because you're doubting about what's gonna happen tomorrow. You're doubting your kids, you're doubting your family, you're doubting your crow, you're doubting your health, you're doubting your well-being. And so now you are trying to worship God and doubt. You still worship God, you still say hallelujah, but your hand is Halfway raised. I worship you, God, but it's not gonna be full because you have some doubt. Now, your doubt doesn't cancel your worship because you worship even in the midst of your doubt. But it says your doubt causes your worship not to be fully experienced. Now, I want to be able to tell somebody the people who go around this life who are not experiencing life to the full because you're going around doubting. You just want a little bit. Now, anybody ever been hungry? Anybody ever been real hungry? I remember when I used to be uh very heavy on the eating, amen. Uh, that I never seen a buffet that I didn't want to sample. Uh, the best thing about a buffet is that what you do is that you go around and you what? Sample. Uh look at your neighbor, look at your neighbor who who seems like they've had an extra buffet or two. Don't look. Uh, so joke, uh, right? And and you've been to the buffet, and now I got your attention. Now I got your attention. I remember when I was living in the U.S., when we were living in the U.S., um I I had I had a nice buffet place uh that I used to like. Uh, what was it called? Uh uh it was a buffet place. We went there and we were in New Jersey, and it's always there, the buffet place. Uh it's big. You go there after church. Golden Corral, thank you. Ah, my brother, you you are good for something and a whole lot of other things. Uh Golden Corral. Now we were going, and I had never been to this place in a long time. The last time we were there in New Jersey in 1993 or 1992. And now when I went there as an adult, I was like, I have money. I could be able to buy the free drink. And so now I walked in, and that at that point I was eating everything. I ate everything. I ate pork, I ate chicken, I ate beef, I ate bacon, I ate eggs, I ate onions, I ate everything. Give it to Mikey, and he will what? I didn't hear y'all being so loud before this point in the sermon. I want to make sure that every amen from now on is gonna have the same kind of fervor that y'all just says, give it to Mike, and he'll do what? And the Lord said, What? Sketchy. When I went there now, I started picking a little bit of each, and I was assembling, but I wasn't fully committed because I had my doubts about what will taste good, so I just took a little bit of each. I was there, but I wasn't fully engaged in the process. But after a while, I found something that I particularly like. I like the orange chicken with some fried rice, some corn, and of course, I'ma put ketchup on my rice. Amen. Judge yourself, amen. I'm gonna put some ketchup on the rice, and now I was able to eat that because I was accustomed to it. And now because I was fully enthralled, I was now happy because I didn't worry about what people are gonna say because you know what happened? You go to a buffet and you can go what? Unlimited times. Uh but because of what people might say about you, you don't want to go back. You're gonna ask somebody else to go get you a plate. You ask somebody else, and then the person came back with the plate and they didn't even get all the stuff that you wanted, and now you're upset at them because you didn't want your doubt and shame to be judged. So you're there now playing around, letting other people handle and take out your plate because you're afraid of what other people are gonna say. That sounds a little crazy, right? Why are you worrying about this sense? This is an all-you-can-eat buffet. You've already paid your entire price. You don't have to be sending anybody else to get your food for you. You should be bold enough. Listen, I'm gonna do the best I can while I can. I'm not gonna worry about this wait. I'm not gonna tonight I've been waiting all year to go here. I don't get to come to this place very often, but you see, today, this one day that they let me come up in here, I'm gonna make sure I enjoy it. Now, think about it. How does that sound? Some of you are now treating Jesus like a buffet. You now have a encounter to take every part of Jesus and every part of who he is, but you go around just taking bits and pieces of him on your plate. And now, here's the thing: you are afraid of what people are gonna say because you're praising too much, you're shouting too much, you're giving God glory too much. And now, here's what even happens: you get so ashamed that you start sending other people to Jesus on your behalf. You don't even pray, you don't even praise. He says, Listen, when you go to church, can you pray on my behalf? And then you're upset that you didn't get a full portion because God is saying, I want you to come yourself. You can't just go around sampling, sampling God. We want you to be full in. But the doubt doesn't cancel your worship, it just causes you to be fully in or fully out. But before I take my seat, I want to be able to say the last thing doubt doesn't cancel the mission. I can't imagine how Jesus would have felt now. I can't imagine what he could have been going through. It says now, meanwhile, eleven disciples were on their way to Galilee, headed for the mountain. Jesus had set up for their reunion. The moment they saw him, they worshiped him. Some go held back, not sure about worship, about risking themselves totally. Here is the meat of our sermon on this morning. It says Jesus, look at the name, it says Jesus, untethered, undeterred, went right ahead and gave his charge. I want to be able to tell somebody right now, if I could get some help here, up here right now. I want Jesus, it says, undeterred, went ahead right now. I want to be able to tell you, no matter what is going on in your life, undeterred, Jesus went ahead and gave his charge. Now, if there were some people in here who understood all the things that have happened to this point, you could imagine how Jesus would have felt. Think about it now. At this point, one of his disciples have already traded him in and deceived him. At this point, he has already done so many things. You have to remember, at this point of his ministry, there is nothing else for him to prove. So I want to charge you and ask you, what else? Look at your neighbor, it says, What else? What else is it gonna take for Jesus to do in your life for you to be able to trust God? What else is it gonna take for Jesus to get into your situation and be able to say, God, I'm gonna surrender my life to you? What else is it gonna take for God to be able to do in your life, for you to be able to be undeterred? I understand in your life that there's gonna be distractions. I understand in your life there are gonna be situations, but what else is it gonna take in your life for God to say for you to trust Him with all your spirit and your mind? I want to be able to say, Jesus, now, at this point, you have to remember. Let me recount to you down the history. Now, everybody, everybody knows if you've ever been in an argument, most of the times, men, if you've ever been in an argument with a female counterpart, are more so on a date, or more so in a romantic relationship, or more so in a marriage. Are there times that us as men uh that we don't remember all the details? Amen. Can you say amen? Are there times that we don't don't look look at me, don't look at them. Sometimes we don't remember all the details. It's a confession. Uh we're in church. Sometimes we misplace what day we were supposed to do something. Uh we we forget the details. And now, now here's what happens. Now, Jesus, now I want to be able to do something uh which which which I've learned now in arguments, uh, which I've learned now in discussions, I've learned now in the course of being an adult that some people keep receipts. Uh and some people keep receipts. Uh uh, what the receipts mean is that there's some people that use your messages and they don't delete any messages. Uh, they have messages from five years ago, six years ago, seven years ago. And sometimes when they get in a pickle or an argument, uh, what they do is uh they screenshot that message uh for a couple years ago and they put an exclamation mark. Uh sometimes if they're being real petty, what they do is that they screenshot it and just put a dot there. Uh sometimes they just put a dot there and says reference point A on January 5th, 2016. You said you were gonna do X, Y, and Z. I could imagine now Jesus now looking at them, coming up and seeing him at the Mount of Galilee, where they gathered at the mountain and say, Look at you. It's 11 of you, and all of you, some of you are worshiping fully, and some of you are not, and some of you have doubts. I don't understand, and I could imagine now Jesus now looking at them. He says, Let me pull some receipts if you seem to have forgotten who I am. He says, Don't you remember that the first time I came to the scene, I was just chilling at a wedding, and you have to understand it came up to me and I changed water to wine? Don't you remember that I went into the temple and they surrounded me and I was able to fend them off? And I said that there's no greater love than this, that you love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul, and to love your neighbor like yourself? Don't you remember that I was the person who healed the man with the withered hand? Don't you remember that I'm the man that saw the man of the Bethesda pool and was able to heal him? Don't you remember I told somebody to lay down your friend and they laid him through the bosom of a roof of the building and I was able to heal him? Don't you remember that there were people who were hungry and I only have two loaves and some fishes, and I was able to feed the multitude? Don't you remember on the way to visit and heal Jarus' daughter, that somebody just touched the hem of my garment and the issue of blood? Don't you remember they thought I showed up to Lazarus out late and I showed up three days late, but I was still on time? Don't you remember that I was the one that came with no blemish on all power in his hands? Don't you remember that when they thought that I was done, don't you remember they had me going up to Calvary's Cross? Don't you remember what they did to me? It was only a couple weeks ago. They put a crown of thorns on me. They pierced my side. They said they bloodied my head, and yes, I died. Don't you remember all day Saturday when you're crying and wondering what was gonna happen to me? Don't you remember that Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came about to look for me? And the angel of the Lord came and said, Who you're looking for is no longer here. Don't you remember that I showed up to the house and I showed Thomas my hands, and now I'm now before you. All of you, I want you to remember, sometimes God has to start pulling receipts to be able to let you know of the goodness of God in his life. I want to come down your lane now because you might be saying, Well, Dr. Mike, you might be thinking that I'm just like everybody else. You might be thinking that I might look like everybody else. Uh but don't you remember what I've done for you? I can't speak over your life, but I'm sure there are people in here right now who can speak to the goodness of God. So let me take it down memory lane. I went and been able to get to you. When God's goodness fell on you, when I knocked on your door, I want you to be able to worship God. Don't you remember that time you got that doctor's report and they said that an end was near, but God healed your life? Don't you remember when you felt like giving up and you were in the midnight hour and God says, Not yet, my child? Don't you remember when you were sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, and then a word came and touched your life? Don't you remember that you thought you were unlovable and now you married? Don't you remember that you are jobless and now you're the one giving out jobs? Don't you remember that you didn't qualify for the load and now you're loaning money to your family? Don't you remember the time when you felt that you were about to lose your absolute mind? Don't you remember when your children used to wander late at night? When your family was broken, and now you pray around the table together, holding hands? Don't you remember the time when you thought that your life was about to be given up? And God says, I will never leave you, I will never forsake you. Don't you remember when the storms and the winds and the waves of life came upon you, and you thought that you were about to be swallowed? And God said, You thought this was the end, but this was just the beginning. Don't you remember when you were sinking, dying, brushing, and God says, Not yet. Don't you remember the type of God that was able to reach down to the lowest low and bring you up? Don't you remember? Well, for those of us who remember how good God is, for those of us who remember how what God has done for you, I just want to let you know, no matter what you have going on in your life, remember God's goodness in your life. There's always gonna be doubt. There's always gonna be things that happen, but what Jesus told us, even in their doubt, he pressed on to his mission. I want to tell you, King Garden Baptist Church, no matter what happens in your life, there are gonna be situations where you feel doubtful, there are gonna be situations where you feel like giving up. Uh, but I want to just leave one little secret with you. Uh, if you're gonna do it, do it with your whole heart. You see, the disciples, they only worship God halfway because they didn't want to risk it all. Uh, but I want somebody in here that God has been too good to you, that you want to just risk it all. What that means, it says, God, I convict my whole life to you. What risking it all means, I'm not gonna hold anything back. I'm sold out for Christ. Meaning, whether you praise with me or not, God has been too good to me. He's been too kind for me. So I will lift up my eyes onto the hills from where coming from my health, because God has been too good to me. Go forward anyway, preach anyway, confess anyway, evangelize anyway, trust anyway, have faith anyway. I'm gonna tell you if you live long enough in this life, you will understand that when you're in mission, you have to be able to encourage yourself. And I want to be able to tell you sometimes the road gets rocky, sometimes the valleys get steep, sometimes the night seems a little bit lonely. Uh, but I could remember, oasis, I know you can help me. The young people sometimes you don't understand that our ancestors and people before us was able to activate something. They said, I must stay on mission and I must stay encouraged. You see, worship could look like the utterance from your words, the movement of your arms and the articulation of your body. But all when you combine all three, the movement of your words, the articulation of your body, it is worship in motion. I want somebody to know that God is calling you to worship in motion. When I was younger, I never understand. But now I have a deeper appreciation for the songs of the hymns used to sing, and that's why I want to leave with you. No matter where you are, no matter how difficult it is, I want you to stay on mission. I know you may be feeling a little doubtful, but walk anyway. I remember the songwriter being able to say, I'm pressing on the upward way, new heights. I'm gaining every day. Still I raise yet, Lord. I want you to, Lord, lift me up and let me stand. My faith on heaven, stable land, a higher place. You see, you want to understand. I'm gonna leave you alone. I'm sorry if I'm getting carry rate, but some of us want to get to that higher place. You're gonna have to activate another thing inside of you that allows your doubt to push you forward. I'm not sure, but I'm trusting God. I'm not sure, but I'm moving forward. Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief.
SPEAKER_00: No matter where you are, no matter what's going on in your life, I want to be able now to invite you to a moment that will separate those who are willing to risk it all and trust God and those who still have their doubts. Now, if you are doubtful, it's okay because God still is calling you.
SPEAKER_01: Your doubt doesn't cancel your faith. So for those of you who are here that who knows God has called you to give your life right now, you feel it in your bosom, God is saying today's a day that you fully commit to Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Savior. Today's a day that you say, I surrender all to you, all to God, I surrender. Today is the day. As we're about to pray, if there's somebody in here that wants to surrender their life to Christ, that you want to give your heart to Christ, I know you might have your doubts of how this is gonna work out, but God says, bring your doubt to me, and I got you. So if you want to give your life to Christ, no matter where you are, you can raise your hand to the altar, to heaven. And also you could be able to come to the altar. If you just want prayer to be able to navigate this life, life, life is difficult at times, life is tough at times.
SPEAKER_00: I want you to say, God, I surrender. Now, I want you to raise your hand no matter where you are as a sign of submission and surrender. The sign of submission and surrender. Lord, now I have my doubts about what's gonna happen in my life, but I have no doubt in your majesty and your power.
SPEAKER_01: So, God, I rest my doubts at your feet, and I want you to turn it around for me. I want you to change it for me. God, I give you my heart, my mind and my soul, and I ask you to renew me and search the inner parts of my heart, my mind and my spirit, even right now.
SPEAKER_00: So, God, we ask you for those who are giving their life to Christ, that all things be made new. For those who are having difficulties just navigating life and have their doubts, God, I pray, Lord, now that you shield their mind.
SPEAKER_01: Where they feel like there was a blockage, give them hope. Where they feel like things were going bad, give them peace, give them direction, and let them recount in their mind all the things that you've done for them. God, you said you never leave us nor forsake us.
SPEAKER_00: So, God, with that, we surrender totally to you. All things are passed away, and all things become new. You're the God of a second chance, and I'm so grateful that you love me enough to say, God, I surrender it all to you. Believe this in the name of the Father, as a Son, and the Holy Spirit. All those that believe, say amen. Before we dismiss, before we dismiss, there is people in here who may have had their doubts of where God is trying to take you and go with you and do in your life. And I know you have the doubts of God's calling on your life, but God said, I chose you for a reason. I'm gonna say it again. Because what the enemy does is try to distract you at the most important time. No matter who you are, God has placed something uniquely divine inside of you. You've been questioning why you're different, you don't fit in. It's because your mission and your purpose has caused you to stand out. But that is a part of your mission, your uniqueness, your proclivities, your strengths, and your weakness.
SPEAKER_01: God says, Bring all of it to me, and I will turn your doubt into destiny.
SPEAKER_00: Do not feel that God has given up on you. He is just getting started with you. If you believe it, say amen.
SPEAKER_05: Thank you for worshiping with us today. If you'd like to go deeper in your walk with Christ, we invite you to contact us at 284-442-4222. Or email us admin at cgbbc.org. Visit our website at cgbbc.org. Be sure to subscribe and share this podcast because others can be incomplete and blessed as well.