SPEAKER_00: Elder Danny Wisner.
SPEAKER_02: I gotta say this, uh, I wanna say a few things in introductory. Number one, enjoyed being here so much. It's been such a blessing, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I know sometimes people think, you know, the visiting preacher has to say that. If I don't feel that, I ain't gonna say it. If I don't feel it, I'm not gonna say I don't feel it. I'm just gonna say it's let's worship the Lord. But uh it's been so good to be here. Thank God for it. Uh so much enjoyed being with the kings and uh their whole family, and it's just been a wonderful time uh uh for us. It's been very refreshing. We've had uh some intense uh time in the Wizardner household of uh just trying to follow the leadership of the Spirit, trying to follow the Lord. So it's been very good to be in the house of God for a weekend and and and get refreshed by the Spirit. Um I'll say this, uh very much enjoyed Brother Blake's prayer. Uh Lydia got on to me when we got in the van yesterday after church and was like, You snickered during Brother Don's prayer. I was like, I snickered because of how honest he was. I love what Brother Don said. He said, uh, he said, I don't know what the very elect is, but I feel to be part of that. And I was like, Amen, brother, you know, and so I just had to get that out there. Uh I mean, because it tickled me. It tickled me. I uh like like man, the honesty in that prayer. And the uh the song, the uh How Tedious and Tasteless the Hours. When I we sung that song, we got to that part where it says, Prisons with palaces prove, uh, you know, if Jesus only is there. It made me think about a story that Brother David Crawford told me. And we're gonna have a couple introductory things and then we're gonna move on. But it made me think about a story that Brother David Crawford told me the first time that he went to Tanzania, Africa, and he said he had been to third world countries before and and and everything, and uh, you know, he was used to to seeing the poverty and not used to it, but he knew he was gonna see it. But he said, as soon as he got off the plane there and in uh in Africa and Tanzania, he said it was the it was just so depressing. Everything was just so depressing, and and all the homeless people in the refugee camps, and and he said his his soul was just on the floor, and and they were riding to the church, to the church meeting house, and in like a jeep or something, some open-air vehicle. And the traffic is very bad, and they're like getting closer and closer to where they're meeting at, and he says they get like less than a half a mile, a few hundred yards from where they need to be turning in, to where they're like meeting under a tent with some classic lawn chairs, you know. And he starts to hear something very familiar to him. And and he said, I started to hear songs of joy. He said, This is the most depressing place I've ever been in my life. And I start to hear songs of joy. And he said, and and I recognized the tune, even though I didn't recognize the language, and what it was was the Primitive Baptist Church was uh uh there in Tanzania, was already singing. They were they were waiting on them to get there, and they were already singing, and in Swahili they were singing, what a friend we have in Jesus. And Brother David said, whenever I walked upon that scene, and these poor, destitute people who didn't have hardly anything in the world, and they were singing with joy on their faces, he said, that song uh uh prisons with palaces prove if Jesus is only there. I I know I messed that up, but but he said, Brother Danny, I seen what we believe and what we sing about, what we preach about. I seen it in real life. How we say, I don't want anything but Jesus. These people didn't have anything but Jesus, they were happy about it. And I want I want to tell you, I want to convince myself more and more that all I need is Jesus. And then in Brother Blake's prayer, he talked about the um what a blessed hope or what what a blessed belief it is for us to have the understanding that we're looked at through the blood of Jesus Christ. Man, I love that. I love the fact that we're looked at through the blood of Jesus, and and you know, if whenever I get that, and what Brother Luke talked about yesterday, how that Jesus on the right hand of God, and God looks at us through the blood of Jesus because we're on Jesus' right hand. And, you know, it makes me think about I like to visualize stuff sometimes. Do y'all remember when uh the son of Zebedee's uh uh uh mother came to Jesus and said, uh, and for some reason my mind just went blank. Uh John and his brother, uh, she said, let my two sons sit, uh, one sit on your right hand and one sit on your left. Do y'all remember what Jesus said? Jesus said, she said, let one of my sons sit on your right hand when you enter into thy kingdom, and let the other one sit on the left hand when you enter into thy kingdom. Think about that. You know what Jesus said? You know not what you asked for. You know what he meant? If I'm up in heaven and John is sitting on my right hand, and his brother is sitting on my left hand, his brother ain't got no mediator. Because here's God the Father, here's his brother, here's Jesus, and here's John. God the Father would be looking at John through the blood of Jesus, but he wouldn't be looking at his brother. I mean, isn't that cool? Like Jesus says, you don't know what you're you don't want to be on my left hand. You want to be on my right hand, to where I'm your mediator, to where I'm your intercessor, and to where my father is looking at me through my blood, looking at you through my blood. If you have your Bibles with you, like you turn over to uh 2 Peter chapter 1. Y'all please pray for us. I've just come to learn, Brother Josh, whenever I got like a bunch of things on my mind, before I preach, I just get them all. I'm gonna hit them sometime in the sermon. You know. So over in 2 Peter chapter 1. If the Lord will bless us this morning, as we uh turn there to 2 Peter chapter 1, I want to kind of bring the thought process to what's on my mind this morning. You know, uh, there there are three things, and at least three things that Peter pins in Scripture that are very fascinating to me and very impactful to me, and the reasons that is very fascinating, there's a lot of things in Scripture that the Lord blessed Peter to pin through God's inspiration that are very uh fascinating and impactful to me. But these three things I'm gonna try to bring out this morning, uh, they're very fascinating and they're very impactful to me because Peter's the one that pinned them, and because of who the one that pinned them is and just what he is saying and the perspective that the one that pinned them had. Does that make sense? So let me just give you an example. If Danny Wisner's starts telling you, trying to teach you about woodwork and cabinet making, don't listen to me. Right? You know, brother Luke Larry is one of my best friends in the world. He's never asked me about cabinet making, and there's a reason for that. But whenever he was talking to Brother Josh yesterday, he was asking Brother Josh about some cabinets that they had just got put into their new house. It didn't hurt my feelings that Brother Luke didn't ask me, because he knows I don't know nothing about cabinets. But he asked Brother Josh, because Brother Josh is a cabinet maker. You know, I'm pretty sure if you want to find something out about alligator hunting, you're not gonna ask Brother Josh. I'd be an alright fella to ask. I've, you know, I've killed a few in my day. I, you know, I grew up alligator hunting. But I'm but what I'm saying is sometimes what people say, because you know who they are and what they went through, now don't get me wrong, the word of God is the word of God, right? But but but it just makes more of a more of an emphasis to you sometimes when you realize who it is that's saying it. You understand that? Like the scripture that uh brother Josh quoted this morning or read this morning where Paul says, When I came to you, I came not with wisdom of words. See, that wasn't somebody like me who scored a 13 on their ACT in English saying that. That was somebody who was a Greek scholar, somebody who studied at the feet of Gamil said, I came to you and I acted like I didn't know nothing. That emphasized more to me how important the message of Christ and him crucified is. You understand that? So here we're about to look at three things, Lord willing, if we get that far, that Peter says that because of who he is, and because of what he experienced, and because of what he went through, it should emphasize to us just what he is saying and what he means. And the first one is found over in 2 Peter chapter 1, and we'll start off in uh the 16th verse. Look what Peter says. He says, For we have not followed cunningly devised fables when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. He's like, we didn't make this stuff up, we didn't just come up and write this down. What we are testifying of you about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we seen with our very eyes. He says, For he received, he mean Jesus, for he received from God the Father honor and glory. When there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, this is my beloved son, and whom I am well pleased. And the voice which came from heaven, we heard when we were with him in the holy mountain. You know what Peter is referring to right here? He's referring to when him and the and some and two other disciples uh were up on the Mount of Transfiguration. Call me over to Matthew 17, and I want you to understand exactly what Peter is talking about, and exactly what Peter is referring to. In Matthew chapter 17, it says, and after six days, Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John, his brother, and bringeth them up into a high mountain apart, and was transfigured before them, and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. So this holy mount that Peter is talking about is whenever Jesus took James, John, and Peter up into the Mount of Transfiguration, and whenever they get into this high mountain, Jesus was transfigured before them, and it says his face did shine as the sun. Now you think about that. I want you to, like I said, whenever I read the Bible, I visualize. I want you to imagine that Jesus did come to me. Because Mr. Peter talking, he's like, I'm the eyewitness, brother, I went on that mountain with Jesus.
SPEAKER_01: And then he's saying, We were up there, and we see Jesus transfers, and we see his face, stop like the sun. What are you starting to preach in right now?
SPEAKER_02: And my face just shining like the glory is sun. Well, it's not going to, because I'm not the son of God. But I'm saying, wouldn't that mean something to you? Somebody be like, what's the best sermon you ever heard? I'll tell you, I'll be like, I'll tell you the best one I ever saw.
SPEAKER_01: I don't know about her, but I'm gonna tell you the sermon was shining on that, brother.
SPEAKER_02: And was transfigured before them, his face to shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as light. His raiment looked like light shining off of him. Man, that's awesome, right? And behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias, which is Elijah, talking with him. So, brother, I want you to get this. James, John, and Peter are standing on this mountain, and Jesus is transfigured, and his face is shining like the sun. His his raiment has turned into a Q beam spotlight. It's shining like white. And now two people who didn't live on earth anymore have appeared and is talking to Jesus. Like all of a sudden, Moses and Elijah just show up and start having a conversation with Jesus. Would that not be the most fascinating thing that you've ever seen in your entire life? I mean, if that happened to me, I'd be constantly telling people about it. I'd be like, you know, like last night we were having fun swapping stories and all this stuff at Brother John's Sister Chloe's house, and we were having a good old time. And uh, but I'm gonna tell you what, if this would have happened to me, if I would have been Peter, I'd have been like, look, y'all, let me tell you what happened to me. Let me tell y'all the greatest story ever. Like, I seen Jesus' face shine like the sun. Uh, I seen Moses and Elijah uh talking to Jesus. Wouldn't that be amazing? And then it says that Peter didn't even know what he was saying, and he says, Lord, it's good for us to be here. And in the fourth verse, then Peter answered and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here. If thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles. One for thee, one for Moses, and one for Elijah. While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them. And behold, a voice out of the cloud which said, This is my beloved son, and whom I am well pleased. Hear ye him. You know what happened? A bright cloud. As if what they've already experienced, Brother Blake, wasn't enough. Wasn't enough to be like, Jesus' face shine like the sun. His his raiment, his clothes are white. And they didn't have bleach back then, but uh his clothes are white. Moses and Elijah is talking to Jesus, and they one was carried up into glory, the other one died and was buried by God. And now they're back on earth and they're talking to Jesus. And then Peter in his speech says, hey, let's let's make three memorials, let's make three tabernacles, basically. Let's make three memorials one for you, one for Moses, one Elijah. And God didn't like that. You know why? Because Peter was putting Jesus, Peter was putting Moses and Elijah on the same pedestal as Jesus. And so then God shows up, a bright cloud overshadows him, a bright cloud overshadows him, and God speaks from heaven and says, This is my son. Hear ye him. Don't get caught up in Moses and Elijah. You hear him, I'm gonna tell you. And that's one thing I want every child of God to understand. Whenever they're blessed to hear the word of God, don't we ever, ever, ever worship a minister? That's how we go off in the air, because that minister is gonna fall. That minister is a sinner. You follow him, you're eventually gonna be following somebody into sin. Brother, we need to understand the ministers, the preachers, they are a gift to the church. The church is not for the minister, the minister is for the church. Like, if you've received any blessing this weekend, that's for you. It ain't because I'm a good guy. It ain't that the Lord just wanted to bless me. He blessed you. I'm the servant. I'm gonna take preacher pictures, blow my mind sometimes. Because we're the servants, we're the waiters, we're the ones giving you the food. When's the last time you went to a graduation party at a restaurant or a big celebration at a restaurant, and then you want to take pictures and you're like, Wait here, come here. Let's take a picture of all the waiters. Now we can take a picture of your family.
SPEAKER_01: I'm gonna I'm gonna give us everybody getting a picture, but I'm still we're just the waiters. You you you God's children. If God blessed, it's because of you. I mean, God bless us, but you understand what I'm saying. And Brother Johnson's blessed is because of you. He's your servant, your preacher, your shepherd.
SPEAKER_02: But what I want you to understand about this over Matthew 17, God speaks from heaven. So Peter's seen Jesus' face turn to the sun, if you will. He's seen his clothes turn white.
SPEAKER_01: He's seen Moses and Elijah talking to Jesus, and then he heard God talk from heaven from a cloud, saying, This is my son.
SPEAKER_02: Wouldn't that be the greatest thing you ever experienced? You know what Peter says? Look what Peter says. 18th verse, talking about the voice he heard when God says, This is my beloved son, whom I'm well pleased. 1 Peter, 2 Peter 1 and 18. And this voice, which came from heaven, we heard when we were with him in the Holy Mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy. You know what the more sure word of prophecy is? It's the Bible. Brothers and sisters, one of the things that we take for granted the most in this world is the written word of God. We really do. Job says, I believe it's Job 23 and 12, he says, I will esteem the words of his lips more than my necessary food. Job says, I'm going to honor the words that come down from God's mouth more than I am the food that I need to survive. Does Brother Danny do that? You can look at me and say, I do not. I value food very highly. But I tell you what, I want to convince myself that as much as I need food to eat, I need the word of God to survive. To thrive in the kingdom of God. I'm not going to hell if I don't read it. But I'm going to tell you, brothers, there's times when I don't read it and I feel miserable. I mean, the Lord says, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that recedeth. We need to live on this. And then look what Peter says when he's describing how important the word of God is. Look what he says. We have also a more sure word of prophecy, whereunto ye do well that you take heed as unto a light that shineth in a dark place. You know what he just said? Brothers, we don't quite understand what it's like to be in a dark place anymore, do we? We got so much technology. We got lights everywhere. I'm going to tell you, I got to go way out in the woods where uh in the summertime to where leaves are everywhere for me to really understand a dark place. But you know what? This world that we live in, it's a dark place. This world that we live in, there are lions after you. There are snakes after you. I want you to understand we're living in a dark world. And if we, uh one of the things I'm not looking forward to, moving back to Louisiana, I have a severe phobia of snakes. Because when I was playing high-go-seek when I was four-year-old one time, I went and I hid between the house and the shed, and I looked down, and there was a snake wrapped around my legs. And I freaked out. I mean, I don't think I went back outside for three days. I mean, it was rough. And because I am definitely scared of snakes. And one thing I'm not looking forward to is going back and moving back to the swanks. I mean, we really believe.
SPEAKER_01: So I'm gonna have to walk out and shall I show it. And people say, you need to tell me to the water dumb. And if you don't have a dumbbell, and that one is a flash of mine. If you don't have a slight summer, and if you know that was lying in the summer, someone and if you don't have a stuff, and you walk in the dumb, you wouldn't tell me stuff with your flashball, would you? And think of the settings on your woman, I'm a mama, shall we have a dumb place? I'm not telling you public about the company. I'm not gonna think about this.
SPEAKER_02: What the preparations of the government's already, and he said that it's happening on the lumber government with cruise, and then he's gonna tell them this finger which is the word of God. I'm gonna tell you the three of the most common three of those. I don't know how you want to say it. But three of the most covers, three of the most things that make up the football, have to do with the word of God. Instead of the have your feet prepared, I'm gonna show up with the preparation of the gospel, I'm gonna have your lines coming about with truth. This is the truth. I'm a the sword of the spirit, I'm a it is the word of God. Now they didn't do warfare back then like you and I do, like they do warfare now. They didn't have tanks and all the stuff they have. You know how they did warfare? I want y'all to think about this. They lined up, right? Front line. Front line against frontline. Y'all, y'all, y'all think about this. The Bible tells us that the full armor of God, the gospel, you reading the Bible equals your shoes. You reading the Bible equals your pants. You reading the Bible equals your weapon, your sword. If you don't read the Bible, you don't have a sword, you don't have pants, and you don't have shoes on, and you are about to go fight a battle. And those shoes that those men wore, they had spikes in them, so they would stomp your foot. And now you don't even have shoes on to protect your feet. So I want you to I want you to picture this. I gave this analogy one time there was a 12-year-old that couldn't quit laughing. But you're over there to about to go against the other front line, and you're picking out which one you're about to go after. And you look over there and there's some squirrely fellow standing over there, he ain't got no sword, he ain't got no shoes on, and he ain't wearing no pants. Brother Johnson, I don't know about you. I'm going after that guy. Because he's gonna be an easy target. And whenever we think that we can make it in this world, without taking heed to the word of God, as a light that shineth in the dark place, when we think we can make it in this old brand of sinner sorrow, without reading the word of God, whenever we think that we can make it in this world without our shoes, when we think we can fight this battle without our shoes, without our pants, and without our sword, I'm gonna tell you we're an easy target for the devil. We need to be reading the word of God. And I don't care if you've read it every day of your life, you need to make sure you keep reading it every day of your life. Because this is the light that shineth in darkness. This thing protects us. This thing shows us stuff. I'm gonna tell you, I feel so malnourished whenever I don't read the word of God. But you know why? But you know what just emphasizes more to me about how important this word is? Peter says that this word is more sure than that great scene that he painted on the Mount of Transfiguration. Man, that's amazing. You know why? Because experiences can dwindle sometimes, right? Have you ever experienced something and you'll be like, I don't know exactly how that happened? Because it depends upon your mind. The word of God never changes. It's the truth. Go me over to uh go me over to 1 Peter real quick. We'll go to the second thing here. 1 Peter chapter 2. The second thing that really provides emphasis because of Peter writing this is Peter is going to tell us how Christ gave us an example of how to suffer. And whenever he does that, he's going to refer to what Christ suffered on the cross and the night that he was betrayed. And one of the reasons that this provides great emphasis to me is because I know that Peter seen Jesus spit upon. Before Peter denied the Lord thrice and went out and wept bitterly, he's seen Jesus spit upon. He's seen them blindfold him and smite him and say, Prophesy to us. Which one smote me? He's seen wretched, horrible sinners punch our Lord and Savior. And he's seen the Lord and Savior not respond at all. And Peter is going to say that what the way that Jesus responded, the way that Jesus endured that suffering is an example of how you and I should suffer. And it's one thing for me or Brother Josh to get behind the pulpit and say, you know, when Jesus was reviled, he reviled not again. It's another thing for Peter to say, I seen it. I seen them spit upon him. I seen these sinners bind up my Lord. I seen them put him in a mock trial because I followed him afar off. I seen, you know that spinning on somebody is an assault? That's how nasty it is to spit on somebody. I seen them spit on my Lord. And he did nothing. Call me over to 1 Peter chapter 2, verse 18. He says, Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the frog. For this is thankworthy of a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully. That makes sense, right? If you do something wrong and you suffer for it, Peter says, that's what you ought to do, right? I mean, if you do something wrong and you suffer for it and you do it well, that's what you ought to do. But it says, for what glory is it if when you be buffeted for your faults, you take it patiently. But if when you do well and suffer for it, you take it patiently, this is acceptable to God. I don't like that. That's one of the reasons I need to read the Word of God. Because there's some things that God tells me to do. There's a way of life that God desires for me to live that by my nature I don't want to live. And the word of God teaches me, even though I don't want to do that, do it anyway. It says this, it says, For what glory is it? If when you be buffeted for your faults, that means beaten, you shall take it patiently. But if when you do well and suffer for it, you take it patiently. This is acceptable with God. How many of us, probably all of us from time to time, as soon as we suffer wrongfully, whenever we're trying to do the right thing, do we automatically pray and take it to God? Or do we complain about it? He said the acceptable thing is to take it to God. But my wife's here, so I can't lie to you. I wouldn't want to lie to you anyway. I don't always do that. I'm like, why is this happening to me? Don't they know who I am? I mean, but he's saying, take it patiently, that's the acceptable thing. Because it says in the 21st verse, for even here unto were you called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example that ye should follow his steps, who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth, who when he was reviled, reviled not again. When he suffered, he threatened not, but committed himself to him that judges righteously. Now I'm not saying if somebody breaks into Brother Josh's home, he doesn't protect his wife. That's not what I'm talking about. But I'm talking about, brothers and sisters, when somebody talks about me, I just need to pray for them and move on. The Bible says, don't answer a fool according to his folly. When somebody attacks me, if it ain't gonna hurt my children, if it ain't gonna hurt my wife, if I'm able to move on, I don't defend myself, I just keep on going. I'm gonna tell you, we are not in the business of defending ourselves verbally and and and and uh um trying to make ourselves look righteous. The Lord gave us an example of how to suffer. Brother Josh, but so many times, whenever I feel attacked, I just want to go on the defensive. The Lord was reviling, he revived not again, and it says this was an example of how you and I should suffer. And I'm gonna tell me against the pastor. This has convicted me because I'm gonna hear about some critique or something, and I immediately want to defend myself.
SPEAKER_01: You know what I'm gonna just give it, take the bottom, because that's what Jesus did, to be dependent, give me a ticket on, and I'm gonna tell me the brothers and sisters, and if it is whatever we hit, I'm gonna put it in the ticket, because of the way the kid's the bumps, and what does it want to get to the next one? Pitty, I'm the pick of the pity, and the pick up the water wanna be able to please get a woman to please God. You know how many people are in captivity because they're so worried about what other people think about them.
SPEAKER_02: We need to choose one person to please, and that's God. I'm gonna tell you, in pleasing God, you're gonna please your wife. In pleasing God, you're gonna be a good husband. And pleasing God, you're gonna be a good church member. And pleasing God, you're gonna be a good father, you know? So I'm not saying you don't do good to people, but I'm saying the one that I'm worried about the most pleasing is my Lord. Amen. Because sometimes in pleasing people, to please people, you're gonna have to please people and not God. Because sometimes people, they don't want you to do the right thing. They want you to do what makes them happy. I'm gonna tell you, I want to commit myself unto God. And whenever people attack me or talk about me or whatever it may be, I just want to take it to the Lord and have peace with God. Because I've tried to defend myself before, and no matter how I did it, no matter what I said, I never felt satisfied because those people were never gonna say that they were wrong. That's not where it's at. Our pleasure, our fulfillment is in, our fulfillment is in Christ. And our fulfillment is not in what other people think about us. And I can get caught up in that too much about delivering a message. I I used to be just so captivated with I hope I hope everybody thought was okay. I hope this, I hope that. You know what? I just preached the message and move on. Did I feel like that's what the Lord put on my heart? Yes, I preached it. Do I feel like I studied it? Yes, I preached it. Just move on. And anything we do, just do it to the Lord and move on. It says, who his own self, I love this. Who his own self bear our sins in his own body on the tree, that we being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness by whose stripes we are healed. Look, if he bore our sins, they're bore. We don't have to bear them no more. Uh uh in an eternal sense, we're going to heaven because he bore our sins. I won't I I do want to chase a little rabbit real quick. I do see what time it is, but uh over in 1 Peter chapter 2 verse 23 it says, Who when he was reviled, reviled not again. When he suffered, he threatened not, but committed himself to him that judges righteously. Go me over to Isaiah 53 real quick. Over in the seventh verse, it says, He was this is talking about Jesus. I want you to see how significant this verse is about it identifying that Jesus was the one that Isaiah 53 is talking about, that Jesus is the Messiah. He was oppressed. This is this talking about the Messiah. He was oppressed, Isaiah 53 and 7. He was oppressed and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth. He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shears is dumb, so open is not his mouth. So right here, it emphasized three times in this one verse that the Messiah, the Savior, the one who is going to bear our sins, the one who is going to be chastised for our iniquities, this one who is going to receive the punishment that you and I should have received. It's going to, it tells us in verse 7, three times it emphasizes this one is not going to open his mouth. This one is going to be dumb like a sheep before his shears. And then go with me over to Matthew chapter 27 real quick. Verse 12. This is just really cool to me when I seen this the other day when I was studying the Word of God. Look what it says here in Matthew chapter 27. Verse 12, it says, And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, talking about Jesus, he answered nothing. And then, well, in the 11th verse, well, 12th verse says, He answered nothing. Then said Pilate unto him, Hearst thou not how many things they witnessed against thee? And he answered him to never a word, insomuch that the governor marveled greatly. So over in Isaiah 53, verse 7, it says that the Messiah that's coming to take away our sins, the Messiah that's coming to bear our sins in his own body, he, one of the ways that you're going to know about him, it emphasizes three times in one verse, whenever he is put to judgment, he is not going to open his mouth. And then in the 14th verse of Matthew 27, it says that he did this in such a way that the governor wondered, he marveled at him not opening his mouth. I don't know if that's cool to y'all, but that's really cool to me. He's like, this is the one. This has to be the one that the governor even marveled greatly that he didn't even defend himself. If there's somebody that the governor marvels greatly that he didn't even defend himself, and the Bible says the one that is the Messiah ain't gonna open their mouth to defend themselves. I'm gonna tell you the one that the governor marvels greatly that didn't defend himself, that has to be the Messiah. And can you imagine the times that convicts have been brought before Pilate and they said everything? Oh, please don't kill me. Oh, please have mercy. And here Jesus is before Pilate, and he don't say nothing. And he don't say nothing in so much that it that Pilate marvels at it. So it's just amazing to me that Peter witnessed some of the suffering that Jesus went through, and then he says, Man, the suffering that Jesus went through and he didn't say nothing, that is an example of how you and I should suffer here in this life. We should commit it unto God. We should give it to God. We should, I'm gonna tell you, whenever we feel heartache, brothers and sisters, whenever we feel condemned, anything that we go through, the first thing that you and I should do is just commit it to God, just take it to the Lord. And then go with me over to 2 Peter 3 and we'll wrap up our comments. 2 Peter 3 is the verse that I need to read the most whenever I want to hold grudges against people. In the 15th verse in 2 Peter 3, Peter says an account that the long-suffering of our Lord is salvation. Even as our beloved brother Paul also, according to the wisdom given unto him, hath written unto you. Do you realize what just happened there? Apostle Peter just called Apostle Paul his beloved brother. You say, What's the big deal about that, Brother Danny? You know, have y'all ever first time I ever went to this, I ever come to this church, you know what it's for? Brother Josh's ordination. I remember that very vividly. It was a joyous time in my life. I remember somebody joking saying that they were going to ask Brother Josh, one of his ordination questions was going to be, just tell me everything that the temple over in Ezekiel 47 represents, or something like that. Now I thought they were serious. I was like, oh man, he's in trouble. But but I mean the church house was full. I remember young Sister Chloe. Uh uh I just I just remember I remember the joy on their faces. I remember this brother going into ministry. I mean, it's one of the most joyous times of my life. I I had only been a member of the church like two years. And I'm like, man, this is really cool. Like everybody had come here, like over a hundred people come here to support this brother, being ordained to serve God's people in the word of God. And then I remember, you know, uh we we prayed over the brother, and I remember uh, you know, they asked him the questions. I think it was Brother Sammy asked you the questions, and then uh brother Steve did the charge. And I remember that. And then I remember all the brethren gathering around Brother Josh and laying their hands on him and praying. And I remember the prayer being something of the court of, Lord, please be with this brother. Please make his ministry fruitful. Please deliver him from any upcoming pride. Please help him turn to you and all the pitfalls, things of that nature. And that brother was really praying that. You know, Stephen was the first deacon in the church of Jesus Christ, and Apostle Peter put his hands on Stephen and said, Lord, be with this man to serve in the church. He did that in Acts chapter 6. Then in Acts chapter 8 or Acts chapter 7, at the end thereof, Paul said, Kill Stephen! And they killed him. And then years later, whenever Peter is referring to Apostle Paul, he says, Our beloved brother Paul. You know, the only way he could ever say that is a little thing called forgiveness. Think about we all came here to support somebody in their ministry of being a deacon or their ministry of being an elder, and we and we brought all the food and we sang songs and we just celebrated, oh, the Lord has set aside another gift to serve the church. And then we find out that somebody murdered that man for preaching the gospel or for doing what the Lord had called him to do. And then later on, that man wants to be a member of the church. And then that man wants to be a preacher. Aren't you going to feel some type of way towards that man? Isn't it gonna be hard for you to call him brother? You still gonna be able to hug him? But you know what else happened? After Apostle Paul quit being Saul and became Apostle Paul, Peter didn't act right one day at the church. And Apostle Paul seen that a bunch of people were following Peter off into this dissimilation. Apostle Paul seen that a lot of people were acting hypocrites like Peter was. Before them all. How many of y'all? I'm an introvert. I know people don't believe that. I've said that several times this weekend, and I met some other introverts this weekend. How many of y'all like to be corrected at all? We don't like to be corrected, do we? None of us like to be told we're wrong. How many of you like to be corrected in front of two or three people? They teach in management, never correct anybody. If you want to be a good manager, you never correct anybody in front of somebody else. You always do it in private. You know what Paul did? He didn't do it in front of two or three people.
SPEAKER_01: Paul was good, but the pops of Peter, who used to be people with brains, folks up, pick up the bottom of the next one, and shit with him. He used to be in praise, and that's gonna be black in the puppet to Peter, and then the puppets of the puppet stands up to Peter, and it's gonna everybody, and it's gonna be Brother Don.
SPEAKER_02: I know me. If somebody stood up in front of me and the church that I pastored and told me that I was disobeying Christ, I don't even know if I would call them brother, much less beloved. I'm gonna tell you, brothers and sisters, forgiveness is a real thing. And that would have been so hard for me to still love Apostle Paul after he called me out in front of the whole church. But I'm gonna tell you what, I bet you whenever Peter wrote that and he called Apostle Paul our beloved brother, I bet he was reminded of a time that he forsook his Lord. You know, it's kind of hard to hold grudges against people when you remember what you've done to our Lord. Whenever we remember what a big sinner we are. Brothers and sisters, every time I try to hold a grudge, every time I think that I'm being righteous by bringing out how bad somebody else is, I feel the Lord saying, Really? You want to go down this route? And I'm gonna tell you, when I remember just what I am by nature, and when I remember where I was before the Lord got a hold of me, and then when I remember what I've done ever since I've been in the church, and I still disobey my God. And the Lord still blesses me to preach, and the Lord still blesses me to hear good preaching, and the Lord still blesses me to be fed by singing, and the Lord still blesses me to be a part of the church. I'm gonna tell you, brother, sister, when I'm being honest with myself, I can't hold a grudge against you. I love you too much. I love my Lord too much. And He's been too good to me. Amen? I'll leave you with this. I hope this made sense to you. I hope this didn't take away for the weekend. But uh one time, me and my sister, I've said it before, I've said it all different ways this weekend. I said, we're salt and vinegar, that's pretty good potato chip. And I said, we're oil and vinegar, that's pretty good salad dressing. But what I meant to say, we're oil and water, right? We just don't mix very well. And I know that, and I try, and I do try, and we're getting better. We're getting better. But one time I got off from work from the ER, and and I'm a mama's boy. I I wasn't married yet, and uh my mama she would always tell me to come over to the house after I worked 7 p to 7A, and she'd always tell me to come over to the house after I got off from work, and she'd cook me breakfast. Or cook me supper, my supper, her breakfast. And it was something good. I love to eat. And I remember one time she was cooking me like eggs and pork chops and all this stuff. And my mama loves her children just like y'all do. And and I'm gonna tell you, she loves my sister and she loves me. And and she's shown it. And there's some people I know that get jealous that maybe didn't feel loved by their parents whenever they see the love that my mama has for me and my sister, they get jealous. They're like, man, I ain't never had it like that. And I know how much my mama loves my sister. And anyway, my mama was cooking me breakfast, and I'm sitting, waiting for my beloved mama to finish cooking my breakfast. I'm sitting there and I'm just running down my sister. I'm just like, we're back of this, we're back of that, we're back of this, we're back of that. And then my mama, she turns around, puts my plate on the table, and she looks right at me and she says, You know you're not perfect, right? And then she turns around and starts washing dishes. I'm like, oh. You know what she told me right there? She said, I love you. And I love your sister. And y'all mean the most to me in this world, besides you, daddy, and the Lord, of course. Do you think that it does me good to hear you talk about one of the three people that I love the most in this world? I just want y'all to get along. Now, she didn't say all that. She just said, you know, you know you're not perfect, right? But that's what I heard her say. And I'm gonna tell you, brothers and sisters, you know what God desires from his little children? He doesn't desire for us to nitpick one another. He doesn't desire for us to fight with one another. You know what's precious in the sight of the Lord? Is whenever saints dwell together in unity. It says it's precious in the Lord's sight. And I'm gonna tell you, that that's one of the things about the blood of Christ is is I can look at you and know that you're sinners, but know that you're sinners saved by grace, and we can come together in the name of the Lord, and we can come together in unity, and we can praise God, and we can forgive one another. You know why? Because the Lord forgave us. I hope this makes sense to you. I love you and God bless you. Amen.
SPEAKER_00: Well, sir, we love you all very, very much. And uh, Brother Danny, so thankful that y'all came to be with us. Appreciate your reminder to us and goodness gracious. It doesn't matter what area of life it is, we can all do better serving the Lord and focusing on him. He uh as much as I get off into that's a really interesting doctrine, that's a really interesting thing. Yeah, Lord just help us to live more like Christ every single day. We're uh we're gonna close in a word of psalm. And uh also, if you have anything to give to Brother Danny and his help, you can leave that up here. Um and then after church, we'll have lunch today. And uh we're gonna be praying for y'all on your mood. And brother sisters, we pray for y'all every day. And uh sometimes we pray for you to church, and sometimes we pray for you by name. I had an older lady one time who said, Brother Josh, pray for me by name. Mention my name. I want y'all to know that a lot of times I do pray for y'all about the things that I've seen in my life in years. We need help to ask for them, but anyway, we just love y'all orders. And by the way, thank y'all, best in church, for for all that y'all have done this weekend. It's uh it's not a small thing to you know for y'all to coordinate all this and cook and do and come together. I know that we're only a handful of people, and I told Brother Danny the other day that you know, we come here to the church house, we drive by other churches and you know, have 50 or 60 cars in the park lots, you know. And it's not that we're jealous, but it's just like, man, I sure wish that they could hear you know what was preached here this weekend or what's preached every Sunday. I just want them to have the joy that I have, the joy that you have. And anyway, I don't even know what I'm saying. We love you all very much. We're gonna close a word of prayer, and uh we'll open the door to the church if anybody has of the mind to join the church, but after first church, we'll have them days because brother, you got what we done.