SPEAKER_00: Good morning. I mentioned at the beginning of the Mass today the two themes, right? The first one is to do what is right even when it's what? Even when it's hard. Have you ever had to do something right and it was hard? Raise your hand if you ever had to do something right and it was hard to do it. Or maybe somebody made fun of you because you had to do something right. Okay. Can you give me an example of what you did that was right, but that was hard? Can somebody give me an example of that? You have an example? Okay. What is your example? Here, you can sh uh pass over the mic.
SPEAKER_02: Cleaning up.
SPEAKER_00: Cleaning up, okay. That's that's doing what it's right even when it's hard, right? Okay. What else did you do that was right even though it's hard?
SPEAKER_02: Taking my gross medicine even though I um it's really gross.
SPEAKER_00: Okay. Taking your gross medicine even when it's really gross. Okay, can you help me pass down the mic that way, please?
SPEAKER_02: Hallmark.
SPEAKER_00: Oh, homework. Okay. I thought he said hallmark. All right. I didn't know you guys watch Hallmark movies at that age. Okay. Uh, how about down here? Could you help me pass the mic down here?
SPEAKER_02: Telling the truth even when it's hard.
SPEAKER_00: Telling the truth even when it's hard. Very good. Okay, all the way down there. Could you help me pass the mic, please? All the way down there? Two people.
SPEAKER_02: Cleaning up for toys.
SPEAKER_00: Cleaning up for toys. Okay, very good.
SPEAKER_01: Not yelling at other people.
SPEAKER_00: Not yelling at other people. Do you like to yell at other people? Okay. Good. No, that's good. That's that's being calm, being patient, right? That's what you're trying to say. That's good. All right. Those are all great examples of doing what is right even when it's hard. Do you remember the name of the person in the first reading who did what was right in God's eyes, but it was very hard for him. People made fun of him. Who was that person in the first reading that we heard about that did what was right even though it was hard to do it? Okay? And I got some on this side already, so I'm gonna I'm gonna come over on this side, okay? What was his name?
SPEAKER_02: Jeremiah.
SPEAKER_00: Jeremiah. That was his name. Doing what was right even when it's hard. The other day somebody told me uh something. I thought it was very interesting. The person said to me, Um, what is easy and what is right are not often the same thing. What is easy and what is right are not often the what? The same thing. In other words, doing what is right can be very difficult. So, great job with your answers. I love your answers. Uh, you know, cleaning up your toys, uh, eating your gross medicine, like you said, um, homework, not yelling, being patient, wonderful. So that's the first message, right? Uh, to do what's right even when it's hard, just like Jeremiah in the first reading. Okay. Second message from the gospel uh that the kingdom of God is about what again? About service. Okay. You remember how the two disciples they wanted to sit at Jesus' right end of love. They wanted power and influence and to be famous. How many people here have you ever wanted to be famous? Okay. Or have you ever wanted a lot of power? Okay. Or if you wanted to be very rich. Oh, there's a lot more hands. Okay, all right. So Jesus says in the gospel, you know, these two disciples want all these things, right? And it's not necessarily bad, that they're not necessarily bad things unless we use them for bad things. But he says that there's something even more important than all those things. More important than power, than being famous, than having a lot of money. He says the kingdom of God is about what again?
unknown: Love service.
SPEAKER_00: Service, love and service. I wonder who who of you can quote to me what Jesus said at the end. Jesus said these words at the end. The son of man, I'll do the first part and then we'll see who can quote to me the second part. The son of man did not come to blank, but to blank. Who can remember the words of Jesus at the very end of the gospel? The son of man did not come to blank, he said this phrase, but to blank. Okay. So I haven't gotten the choir yet, so I'm gonna ask the choir, okay? So what did Jesus say at the end?
SPEAKER_01: Um, to not to be served but to serve.
SPEAKER_00: Yes, exactly. Jesus says, the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve. And then he said one more thing at the very end. Did not come to be served but to serve and to give something. Should we ask the adults?
unknown: Yes.
SPEAKER_00: Or the teachers? Yes. Okay, I just more excited for the teachers. Okay, teachers. Okay, you I'm gonna put the teachers on the spot now. So the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve. And then he says one last thing to conclude. And to blank. Okay, teachers. What did Jesus say? And to give something. All right. I see everybody pointing this way. And to give what? To give his love.
SPEAKER_01: Love.
SPEAKER_00: Love, that's close. Another L.
SPEAKER_01: Faith.
SPEAKER_00: Close. To give his what? Go ahead, shout it out. There you go. That the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Okay. So those are two messages for you guys to take with you today. The first one do what it's right even when it's hard. And that the kingdom of God is not about being served, but to serve. Okay? In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.