SPEAKER_01: Thank you, Father Zan, for your inspiring uh words to our community. Um I have a few announcements to share with you guys. And as usual, as I share announcements, I have good news. And other news. You guys are getting it, I love it. So summer is uh fast approaching, and uh as summer approaches, this is usually the time in our diocese when um certain priest transitions take place. Yep. Um and as uh Father Zan just uh mentioned as well, ascension, right? Moving. There's a lot of moving taking place in our diocese, and so I want to share with you a few uh changes, a few announcements that will be happening in our community of Saint Joseph. Ready? Ready or not, here comes okay. First one out of three. There's three changes. First change that's happening come July 1st is Father Zan, our parochial vicar, uh, will be moving to another parish. No more singing, I know. Father Zan will be moving to the community of St. Columban in Garden Grove, and uh he was sharing us with a little bit of his story of coming from Vietnam, right? His little bit of his story. And at St. Columban there is also a very big Vietnamese-speaking community, and where he'll be able to be able to use his Vietnamese skills and culture. And of course, we're going to miss his energy, uh, his enthusiasm, his stories, and also his singing. So, Father Zan will be moving on July 1st. Yes, yes. Yes. Second announcement. The priest that will be coming here on July 1st, his name, I hope I'm saying it correctly, is Father Arundas Thomas, and he comes to us from the community of Saint Mary in Fullerton.
unknown: St.
SPEAKER_01: Mary in Fullerton. I don't know him that well. I've heard that he is a hard worker, which that's a great thing. And so July 1st, uh Father Zen will leave to St. Columban, and then Father Arundas Thomas will be coming here to Saint Joseph. So that's the second announcement. Third announcement. Over the past uh couple of years, uh, I have been blessed to be able to serve here as the shepherd of this uh community. And under the uh title that the diocese gives uh has given to me as administrator, they call a priest who was an assistant before and is kind of on the way to maybe becoming a pastor, there's a time called administrator. And usually the term of administrator is typically two years. And uh those two years are are coming up this uh July. Was that fast? Two years? So two years have are now coming up, and at the end of the two years, a diocese makes a decision. They make a decision whether to appoint the administrator as a pastor, or they make the decision to appoint the administrator to another community, to another parish. And so now that the two years are up, uh the diocese has made a decision. They've decided what uh will be my future. Wow. Nervous. They uh serious?
SPEAKER_00: Serious? No, most important most important announcement.
SPEAKER_01: They have decided You will leave. You guys want to know? Move. They have decided to appoint me as pastor of St. John's. That was the last one. No more news about Father Eamon. That was the last. I wasn't expecting a standing ovation. You're gonna make me cry now. Oh, your husband's crying. Oh my god. Tears of joy, huh? Tears of joy. Um, I am so humbled. Uh, I'm so grateful, and I'm so excited to be able to spend these uh next years to serve you as your pastor and as your shepherd. And uh the term for a new pastor is typically six years. Six years.
unknown: Renewal for another six years?
SPEAKER_01: And the renewal for six? Well, let's let's yeah, take one step at a time. Um, as we uh prepare for these uh next steps, I just ask for your prayers for me. Uh just as I I pray for you.
SPEAKER_00: Uh John Rabbi.
SPEAKER_01: Have I told you lately that I love you? Not yet? Okay. Now you've heard. So in the coming days and the coming weeks, uh, we're gonna let you know about some important dates. You know. Uh, first of all, the uh we're gonna do a farewell celebration for Father Zan to be able to give him a good ascending to his next community of St. Columban. So we'll let you know about that. Then we'll let you know about the welcoming celebration for Father Arundas when he comes here. And then finally, when an administrator becomes the pastor of a parish, there's a special ceremony. It's called the Mass of Installation. And the bishop comes to the church, to the parish, and celebrates a special mass to officially install the priest as the pastor of the parish. And so we're gonna let you know about that uh date as well. I just uh want to let you know as a last uh concluding words. I'm so excited for our future together. I told you that I love you, now you've heard it, right? And I think God is gonna do some amazing things in our community into the coming years. I'm so honored and so proud, and I feel so special and humbled that I will get to be your pastor for the next six years. God bless you, I love you, and thank you.
SPEAKER_00: Thank you, Father Martin. Congratulations to your uh being pastor. You know, say John the Baptist said about Jesus. You know, remember what he said about Jesus when people uh uh said, You are the Messiah. What John the Baptist says um he must increase and I decrease, right? Okay, my friends, don't be afraid. Uh God has his plan. Jesus uh sat at the right hand of the Father, he did something like this, for sure. So my word to you is thank you so much uh for this uh perishers. You are so good. Uh in responding at mass, not for not not in terms of song, but you really participate at mass. That is what I have been feeling so good. So my word for you is be not afraid. I am with you away, keep me in your prayer, and we we have our mission accomplished. Yes, thank you, thank you, Father. Thank you.