SPEAKER_00: On being led by the Holy Spirit. Today we continue that series and we have why the Holy Spirit? Why do we need to learn about the Holy Spirit? Well, because the Holy Spirit is the only representative of the Godhead on earth today. The Holy Spirit is the only representative, is the representative of the Godhead on the earth today. And for us to know God more and to fulfill our destiny, we must know the Holy Spirit. Somebody say amen to that. Yes, those are some things I'm just doing a quick recap. For us to fulfill our destiny, there is no fulfilling your destiny outside the knowledge of the Holy Spirit. We also learnt that the Holy Spirit is a person. The Holy Spirit is a person. It's not wind, is not fire, is not a feeling. No, the Holy Spirit is a person. John 14, verse 16 to 17. And I will pray the Father, and it will give you another helper. Aros Palakletos. It will give you another helper that he may abide with you forever. Somebody said the Holy Spirit is with me forever. Say it again, said the Spirit is with me forever. Yes, the Spirit of truth, whom the word cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him, but you know him, for he dwells with you and would be in you. We also learned that the primary way that God shows his love for us. Listen to me. The primary way God shows his love for us is by his presence, the presence of the Holy Spirit in our hearts. That's the primary way that God shows his love for us. It's not by giving you a nice car, it's not by giving you a nice house, it's not by you know making you feel good, not by living the nice life. No, the primary way God shows that he loves you is by the presence of his Holy Spirit in your mouth in your heart. Yes, that's the primary way. When God, when Jesus was being baptized in the Jordan River, Jesus was being baptized in the Jordan River, the heavens opened and God spoke. This is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased. Listen to him. Well, how did God back up that proclamation? Listen to me. How did God back up that proclamation of his love for Jesus? He sent his Holy Spirit like a dove. He sent his spirit like a dove. Yes, God, see the things you care about, they are legitimate. Your problems are legitimate. But listen, they are any no problem should make you doubt God's love for you as long as you have the spirit of God on your inside. There is no problem that should make you doubt the love of God for you as long as you have the spirit of God on your inside. If you've not lost the spirit of God, you've not lost anything. I told us that if they throw up everything that you have, if it if they throw up everything that you have, all your relationships, your fame, your societal acclaim, if they throw it up and they say you should catch one thing, the one thing you should catch should be your relationship with God, should be the Holy Spirit. Because if you have not lost the Holy Spirit, you have not lost anything. Yes, if you've not lost the Holy Spirit, you have not lost anything. Somebody say amen to that. Somebody say another amen to that. Yes, if you've not lost the Holy Spirit, you haven't lost anything. Somebody say I've not lost anything. The devil might be deceiving you. Say you have lost everything that you have, you have lost time. Say you have not lost anything. Say I have not lost time. Say, I've not lost my vitality. Say it again. Say, I've not lost my vitality. Yes, you have not lost anything as long as you have the presence of the Holy Spirit on your inside. We learned also last week about the dependence on the Holy Spirit. The dependence on the Holy Spirit. Jesus depended on the Holy Spirit, the disciples depended on the Holy Spirit for everything. They depended on him for everything. Yes, they depended on him for everything. Jesus depended on him for his conception, he depended on him for his ministry. Acts chapter 10, verse 38. How God anointed Jesus Christ of Nazareth, that he went about doing good, healing all those who were present of the devil, for God was with him. He depended on the Holy Spirit for everything. He even depended on the Holy Spirit to die. He depended on the Holy Spirit to die. He depended on the Holy Spirit to resurrect. Romans chapter 8, verse 11. If the same spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead dwells in you, that same spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead will quicken your mortal bodies. It depended on the Holy Spirit for everything. It depended on the Holy Spirit to instruct his disciples after he resurrected. Acts chapter 2, verse 1. He was instructed them by the Holy Ghost. He depended on him for everything. The same thing, the early apostles, they depended on the Holy Spirit for everything. If the Holy Spirit is good enough for Jesus, it's good is good enough for you. I said, if the Holy Spirit is good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for you. See, the Holy Spirit is what God has been trying to get to you all along. The Holy Spirit is the promise of the Father. Galatians chapter 3, verse 13 to 14. Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us, for it is written, curse is anyone that hangs on a tree, that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles, and that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. The promise of the Spirit through faith. The Spirit is the promise. Somebody said the spirit is the promise. Yes. See, it is what God has been trying to get to you all along. It is the spirit of God in the heart of man is something more than gold. The spirit of God in the heart of man is what God has been trying to do from ages past. That's what He has been trying to do. That is what He has been up to all along. That is all He has been up to all along. The prophets searched for it in the Old Testament. They were speaking about it. They didn't know. They didn't, they didn't exactly know. They could not comprehend it. You see, but when Jesus came, he died, he resurrected, and he said, He will send you another helper. He will send you, it will fulfill the counsel of God of the Spirit of God dwelling in the heart of man. All right, today we want to quickly look at the requirements for being led. Requirements for being led. If you can see the screen, let us read this. Everybody together want to go. For as many as are led by the spirit of God, these are the sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the spirit of adoption by whom we cry, Abba Father. The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are the sons of God. Yes, Romans chapter 8, verse 14 to 16. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, as many as are carried along this path of life by the Spirit of God, as many that recognize their need for God. You see, you cannot live life alone. You cannot live life without a guide. The cosmos is so big, life is so complex and complicated that you need a guide to lead you through it. How many people believe me? Okay, maybe if you are if you are 25 years old or if you are 19 years old, if you are 19 years old, you might argue with that fact, but continue to live. Just just live life a little bit more. You will realize you need a guide. If you are 30 years old, you might even still think that, oh, I got this, I got this. I used to say I got this too until life happened. Then you realize you don't got this. You you don't got this. You need a guide. Yes, you need a guide. You need to be led along the path of life by somebody, somebody that that has been here from time immemorial, somebody that knows the crooked ways, somebody who knows how to make the cook, the crooked path straight. Yes, somebody that can elevate the valleys and and and and bring down the mountains along your path. You need a guide, somebody that can tell you avoid this, avoid that. You need a guide. You need somebody to lead you along the path of life. And we said that the sons of God there are those whom God cherishes, those whom he loves. The sons of God are those whom God cherishes and those he loves. If God gives you access to his spirit, to the guidance of the spirit, is a sign that God, I keep telling you this. Some of you are doubting God's love for you because of your bank account. I don't know if you are hearing me. You are doubting God's love for you because of your bank account. And you have the Holy Spirit. You cannot doubt the love of God for you because of something temporal, something you can see. No, you cannot doubt the love of God because of something temporal, something you can see. Because as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are those whom God loves and those whom God cherishes. Let me start. I don't know if I've started. Have I started teaching or preaching? I don't know. Okay. All right, let me start by saying this. You are going to have trouble, and you're going to have great difficulty being led by the Holy Spirit if you are if you are not submitted to laid down earthly and temporal authority figures. Let me say that again. I will say it gently. You are going to have trouble being led by the Holy Spirit if you are not submitted to earthly authority figures in your life. If you are too big to be led by earthly authorities, if you are too big to be led, you cannot enjoy the leading of the Holy Spirit. If you are not submitted to earthly authorities in your life, your parents, your pastors, your husband, your bosses, if you if you struggle with submitting to earthly authority, you cannot be led by the Holy Spirit. You will find it difficult to be led by the Holy Spirit. First John chapter 4, verse 20. Listen to this. If someone says, I love God and hates his brother, he is a liar. For he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? This place, the principle this place is establishing for you that is plain to see in plain sight is that your attitude to the people you can see, your attitude to things you can see, you can touch, you can relate with, is usually a reflection of your attitude to God. Yes, your attitude to the things you can see, the things you can touch, your brothers you can touch, your attitude to them, your disposition to them is usually more often than not a direct um reflection of your attitude to the things of God. This is true. You know, it is very true. I I used to think I was, I was, I was, you know, all that and all that until you know you get married. You get married, and then you realize you are not all that and all that. And then you realize that the things that you know, maybe I'm struggling with my wife about, and I'm talking to my wife about, oh, you don't do this, you don't do that, I don't like it when you do this, I don't like it when you do that. You realize that that's what you are doing to God. That you realize that that's what you are doing to God. That's your that your that your that your you know disobedience that you are against in somebody else, that is the same thing that God is. God is just giving you a pill, a a swallow of your own, of your own medicine. Yeah, he's just he's just giving you a taste of your own medicine because your relationship with the people you can see, your attitude to them is a direct reflection of our attitude to God. Some of us think that we we can become so big. See, you can't become so big and accomplished that your parents stop being your parents. Yes, your parents will never become your mates, your parents will always be your parents. You know, you can't become so accomplished that what is you now begin, you now begin to see them as equals, as you know, you know, I'm not I'm not so big. Uh I've graduated, you know, um, you know, I've graduated college and now have a master's degree, and then you you now think that you you don't elevate what is if you are struggling with the authority figures in your life, don't claim God is just gonna be looking at you that you're not serious. Because you can't be serious. The people have placed in your life to give you direction, you are you you are scorning at them. Now you want me that you cannot see. Is it mean that you cannot see that you now obey? It's not possible now, it's not possible. If there's nobody in your life that can call you to order, the Holy Spirit will not call you to order. I wrote that here. If there's nobody in your life that can call you to order, that I say, go like this, don't go like this. The Holy Spirit will not waste the time calling you to order. No, because he knows you will not listen. Some of us know they hear we know you know the hear what. You know the hear word. I don't know, I don't know the interpretation of what I just said, but you you know the hear what you know, and you want to be led by the Holy Spirit, you know, you want to be led by the Holy Spirit will not lead you if you are not if you are not attentive to the because many times he will even bring his direction through the authority figures in your life, it will bring his direction and its leadership through the authority figures in your life. Well, our goal in this teaching is not just to increase our knowledge, our goal in this series of teaching is to increase our desire for the Holy Spirit. Somebody say, I desire the Holy Spirit. Yes, is to increase our desire for the Holy Spirit, not just to increase our knowledge, but to increase our desire for the Holy Spirit. Now we're talking about the requirements for what? Being led by the Holy Spirit. Number one requirement is fellowship. Requirement for being led by the Holy Spirit is fellowship. Second Corinthians chapter 13 and verse 14. 2 Corinthians chapter 13 and verse 14. Everybody read it out with a loud landmark voice. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all. Amen. Grace comes from Jesus, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Grace comes from Jesus. John chapter 1, verse 17. The grace, um, grace and truth came by Jesus. That is, excuse me, when you encounter Jesus, what he presents to you is grace. Grace comes from Jesus. When you encounter Jesus, all that Jesus has to do for you is in that word, grace. When you encounter God, what God gives to you is love. Love comes from God. John chapter 3, verse 16. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him will not perish, but have eternal life. Verse 17 says, For God did not send his son into this into the world. Thank you very much. Verse 17. It says, For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but at the word through him might be what? Saved. So when you meet God, what does God offer you? He offers you his love. When you meet God, he offers you his love. When you meet Jesus, what does Jesus offer you? He offers you grace. When you meet God, what does he offer you? He offers you his love. And when you meet the Holy Spirit, he offers you communion. He offers you fellowship, fellowship, fellowship, fellowship with the Trinity. It comes by the Holy Spirit. When you meet the Holy Spirit, he offers you communion. What should be our response? Jesus offers grace. Our response should be, we believe in Jesus. Acts chapter 16, verse 31. Our response should be as Jesus offers us his grace, we believe in him. Acts chapter 16, verse 31. Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved. When we meet God, what should be our response? We love and we serve him. When God offers us his love, what should be our response? We love him and we serve him. Matthew chapter 22, verse 37. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. And when we meet the Holy Spirit, what do we respond? How do we respond? We commune with the Holy Spirit. That communion there is coinonia. It is it is the deepest form of intimacy that can exist between two people. Communion with the Holy Spirit. It is the same word that was used for when the Bible says Adam knew his wife, communion, the depth of intimacy. You see, it's not just talking to somebody once in a while. No, it is communion, deep fellowship with the Holy Spirit. It's deep fellowship with the Holy Spirit. So I have here that the basic requirement, the basic requirement for knowing the Holy Spirit is constant interaction and communication. The basic requirement for knowing the Holy Spirit, for knowing God's voice, is constant interaction and communication. If a child is born in a house, if a child is born in a house, you know, it's just a matter of time. He recognizes the father and the mother's voice. Many of them even recognize their mother's voice before they are born. It's not a gift, it is learned, it is it is acquired. You see, it is acquired through what constant interaction, spending time with that mother, spending time with that father. They didn't gift it to that child. That child learnt that it learnt their voices. There are people in your life, there are people in my life, if they are like, you know, outside there and they speak, you recognize their voices. You know them. Why? Because you have been speaking to them, you know them. It's the same thing with God. If you don't interact with God, you cannot recognize his voice. It is the same thing with the Holy Spirit. If you don't interact with the Holy Spirit, you cannot recognize his voice. If you don't spend time in fellowship with the Holy Spirit, you cannot recognize his voice. That should be our priority. That should be my priority, that should be your priority. Some of us recognize human beings, the voices of human beings more than the voice of God. You still remember the voice of that teacher that said you will not amount to anything in primary school. You still remember the voice of that boss that said, Oh, you are good for nothing. You remember the voices of you are so you remember the voices of human beings more than the voice of God. Because you have elevated them, you spend more time with human beings than spending time in communion with the Holy Spirit. You recognize God's voice by spending time with it. See, many people if you ask them, does Satan speak to you, they will say yes. They will say yes, but I find it difficult to to hear God. But Satan speaks to you, you know, and you know when Satan speaks to you. It's the same way God is spirit, Satan is spirit, the same way you think Satan is speaking to you, that's the same way. God is trying to speak to you as well. How does God speak to you? He puts thought, he puts thoughts in your heart. He puts thoughts in your mind, he puts thoughts in your mind, he puts thoughts in your heart. That's how he speaks to you. We we we have thought about this that you know this our spirit and our spirit is here, our bodies here. The bridge between our spirit and our body is our soul, and a component of your soul is your mind. So when God is trying to get something that he has placed on your spirit, when he's trying to get it into your body, into your consciousness, he uses your mind, it puts it in your mind. He puts it in your mind so that you can get into your consciousness. That's the same way God speaks to you. You know, when we went for evangelism one day, we met this man and we were asked, we asked him after long talk. We asked him, okay, what can we pray for you about? Let us just pray for you. And it was like, um, uh, he said, um, pray for me uh about you know the devil um and all the things in my life, uh, on all the drama, pray for me for all this drama in my life. I said, Okay, how is the devil showing up in your life? He said, In my mind, oh, okay. He said, In my mind, he said, uh, baby drama, baby mama drama, and all that. The devil showing up in his mind, and so he needed prayers, you know. So the devil speaks to our minds the same way God he throws thoughts into your mind, he gives you impulses, he nudges your conscience. That's how God speaks to you, you know. However, again, like I said, it will take what constant interaction, constant interaction and practice to recognize God's voice. There is a reason why many people find it difficult to fellowship with the Holy Spirit. A reason, a very subtle reason, but it's very major. Why people find it very difficult to fellowship with the Holy Spirit. And that reason is one, he's invisible, of course, you cannot see him, but another reason that is quite subtle is that of all the members of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit is the one that is most symbolized. The Holy Spirit is the one that is what most symbolized. You know, we say is is is is like it's like a dove, it's like oil. We say it's like fire, you know, we say is like it's like water, you know, it's so symbolized that many times, if you are not careful, you are relating with the symbol, not the person. You are you are so conscious of the symbols of the Holy Spirit, you are so conscious of the feelings of the Holy Spirit. You know, Jesus is not as symbolized as the Holy Spirit. Jesus will say, I'm the bread of life, you know, we say I'm the light of the word and a few things like that. You know, I'm the good shepherd. Even the symbolisms of the Holy of Jesus to a large extent, they are personifications, they are they are human figures. I'm the good shepherd. You see that? You see, I I am I am I am the good shepherd. These are these are people, but the holy spirit is symbols are quite their elements. You see, the they are the elements, and so it is very easy for us to be relating with the functions of the Holy Spirit and forget the person of the Holy Spirit. It is possible that all your life, all you've been trying to do is to relate with the functions of the Holy Spirit, and the problem with that is you cannot develop a deep relationship with oil and water and fire. You cannot develop a deep relationship with oil, with fire. No, you cannot. You only develop a deep relationship and communion with a person. You develop relationship with a person, not with oil, not with fire. You see that you develop it what with a person. You cannot develop a relationship with a thing, with a symbol. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God are only made available to you through the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, focus here, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. And the love of God is only made available to us through what? The fellowship of the Holy Spirit. It's only made available to us through the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. It's not something we strain after, it's not something that is mysterious. It is something that a child gets by just spending time with the Holy Spirit. If a child has spent 10 years in a family, he has spent 10 years in a it would be very strange for that child to say they don't recognize God's voice or they don't recognize the voice of their father, rather. And if you have spent 10 years in a family, you cannot say that you don't recognize, you don't know, you don't recognize the voice of your mother or the voice of your father. See? They don't take a child to the classroom to teach them how to hear their mother. They don't take a child to the classroom to teach them how to hear their father. No, they just spend time with their father and with their mother. All right, let's move on. Three principles for intimacy. If we are if I've been able to magnify the importance of the Holy Spirit in your life so far, then we have to ask ourselves, how do I build intimacy with this Holy Spirit? How do I build intimacy with this Holy Spirit? Number one. You must know and study the character of the person. If you want to build intimacy with anybody, what must you do? You must know and you must study the character of that person. If you're an introvert, if I'm intro if I am an introvert and you are an extrovert, you know, our relationship can be quite raucous. Because, you know, the things you want to do, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not up for them. You want to go out and party Friday nights, I'm just I just want to stay in my room. You know, I just want to read a book. Because, you know, you you have to know that person. Somebody's not in our husband. You know, you know, you know, you you want to you want to be the life of the party. I just want to chill. I just want to chill with a book, you know. But because you have to understand the character of that person that you're trying to build a relationship with. You have to know that. Okay, what are their begs? What do they like? What do they dislike? And the Holy Spirit is a person, is a person that has character. Let me show us two scriptures that reveal somewhat the character of the Holy Spirit to us. How many of us want to want to know that? We want to just know a little better the character of the Holy Spirit. Let's look at James chapter 4. James chapter 4, verse 4 to 5. Adulterers and adulteresses. Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of the world. Now, this is where we're going. Or do you think that the scripture says in vain? The spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously. The spirit that dwells in us does what? Yearns jealously. Another translation says, He lost to envy. He lost unto envy. The spirit that dwells in you, it does what? He yearns jealously. This is the character of the Holy Spirit. There is a strong emotion that the Holy Spirit has with you. Strong emotions. He yearns jealously. He's talking about the strength of the emotional connection that the Holy Spirit wants to build with you. It wants to be desired. It wants to be loved. He wants to be honored. He wants to be worshipped. That's how you develop a relationship with the Holy Spirit. You wake up in the morning and just say, Thank you, Holy Spirit. Yes. You woke up in the morning, thank you, Holy Spirit. Thank you, Holy Spirit. It wants to be longed for. It wants to be desired. He yearns jealously. Those of us that have, if you've ever been in a relationship, you know, you know the feeling I'm talking about. Some of you, if your if your husband hugs him, makes a mistake to hug another woman like this. If your husband makes a mistake of his life, and he and he and he hugs somebody else like this, or spends too much time with that sister in church, or spends too much, you already you're already palmutating and you're already thinking like what's going on there? Yes, that's the jealousy. The jealousy of a relationship. He yearns jealously. Ephesians chapter 4, verse 30. Ephesians chapter 4 and verse 30. Let's read it together. Everybody want to go. And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby you are sealed unto the day of redemption. The grief, the word grieve there is to cause deep and emotional pain. Deep and emotional pain. The type that is only possible between two people who I love. To cause deep. See, many of us, you the way you've been treated, that's why he's not speaking to you. That's why that's why he has ignored you. And the Bible tells us in Genesis, it says, the Spirit of God, my spirit will not always strive with man. The Holy Spirit is a perfect gentleman. A perfect gentleman. A very perfect gentleman. He will not strive with you. He will just leave you to yourself. You are the one who is losing anyway. You are the one who is losing. He wants your attention. Sweet Holy Spirit, gentle Holy Spirit, I appreciate you. Words matter to him. Yes, what's matter to him? When you watch healing evangelists and all of them, and they say things like, sweet Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence in this place. You think it's a mistake. You think it's just tautology. No, they are related with the person. Sweet Holy Spirit. Even as I say it right now, you I can feel the presence of God here. Just say, sweet Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence in this place. You know, it words matter to dear Holy Spirit. Because it's a is an emotional bond that He has with you. It's an emotional bond, dear Holy Spirit. You you can't be brushed with the Holy Spirit. You can't be brushed with him. You can't you can't treat him anyhow. No. And that's why worship, if you want to develop a deep relationship with the Holy Spirit, worship matters. You cannot develop a deep relationship with the spirit if you are not a real if you are not a if you are not a worshiper. You know, you have to use words to build relationships. I mean, if you are if you are a uh you have to use words to build your intimacy, you know, as as a guy, you know that you know you know this is what I'm talking about. You use words when you are when you are wooing that woman, it's words that they want to hear. And you know, the Bible tells us that our wives or the woman is the helper, and it calls the Holy Spirit also the helper. So you can see that your your relationship with that woman, as you are trying to woo that woman, you are using words. You're telling her about the future that you see, you're telling her how you're gonna conquer the world. You are telling if the man does not tell you that all of you don't don't listen to him. It has to he has to paint a picture with his words, you know. You have to paint a picture with your words. Oh, this is what we're going to do, this is where we're going to go, this is how we're going to travel the world, we're gonna go to Spain, we're gonna go to Italy, we're gonna go to Mexico, you know, you know, we're gonna go to Mexico, we're gonna go to, you know, we're gonna go to Shanguata. Oh, in Jebu. You know, you use words to paint those pictures. You see, the same thing with the Holy Spirit to build intimacy with him, you have to use words, sweet words, sweet words. It's not just oh thank you, God. Yeah, yeah, yes, you are thank you. No, you use words, you are gentle. He's a gentle spirit, gentle spirit. Number two, second principle. We're talking about the principles for intimacy with the Holy Spirit. Number two, it takes time to build intimacy. Somebody say it takes time. It takes time to build intimacy. Intimacy is not built in a rush. No, intimacy is not built in a rush. You don't build intimacy on the own. You have to set time to speak to him. You don't just do five minutes, shambala, shambala, yeah, shambala, there, and you think you have you've been you no, no, no, you've not. You've not built a relationship with the Holy Spirit. Personally, I've noticed that you know it's easier for me to get something from my wife when I've spent some time with her. I'm telling you the truth. You know, we've we've spent some time together, we've we've fellowshipped, you know. It's easier to get across to her. But if we've been distant for some time, ah, the thing that's not supposed to be difficult. Oh my goodness. The thing that's not supposed to be difficult, the thing that you'll be like, this thing is not code. You'll be like, ah, it's because you've not spent time. It's because you've not spent time. I'm giving somebody game now. I'm giving you game. Okay. Don't don't say I did not help your life and your marriage. Don't say I did not help you. I'm giving you game right now. You spend time. You spend time with her. But when you've spent some time, you know, you've listened, you've you've you know, you've hung around, you've you've you know put maybe put the children somewhere, put you've made grandma and grandpa the victims of with the children. You've done grandma and grandpa into you've made them the victims with the children, and you spend some time together, and you see it's easier to get across to her. It's easier. Even the things that you are like, I don't know. She's going to take this, so I don't know, she's gonna just spend some time with her. You see, the thing that you think is big, it is small, it's small. Just spend some time with her. You know? For many of us who just want to come and you say, Holy Spirit, move, holy spirit, keep my key my such and such. Go and talk to my boss to increase my salary, go and talk to my boss to approve my vacation. It doesn't work like that. The Holy Spirit is not a tool to be used. No, it's not a tool to be used, it's a person to build intimacy to build intimacy with. And it happens what over time. It happens over time. Finally, intimacy is never public. Intimacy is never public. Intimacy is what? It is private. Intimacy is never public, intimacy is what is private. We can worship God in the public, we can hear the message of the gospel in the public, we can hear the word in the public, we can pray together with the saints in the public, but intimacy is built in the secret. I told us that that word, communion, in uh 1 Corinthians chapter 13, verse 14, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship or the communion of the spirit. That communion there is the same word used when the Bible talks about Adam knew his wife. Now, if you see a man just down the road there and he's knowing his wife, I mean you know that that man has um he needs to be mentally checked. You don't do that in public. It is done behind closed doors, it is done behind closed doors. Intimacy is not in public. If all the time you, the only time you talk to God, the only time to talk to the Holy Spirit is when you come to church. You are doing you are missing out. You are missing out, you are missing out if you are so busy attending events, attending church, attending functions, attending all the Christian events in, attending concerts, and you don't spend time with the Holy Spirit to build intimacy, you are missing out. There has to be a time, a set time during your day that you say, now it's just me and the Holy Spirit. Not you and your thoughts. I don't know if you're hearing what I'm saying. Not you and your thoughts. Not you and your thoughts that it's always wandering. No, you and the Holy Spirit. You and the Holy Spirit behind closed doors. Holy Spirit, I just want a fellowship with you for the next 15 minutes. I just want to I just want to fellowship with you for the next 30 minutes. And you just stay there. You worship him. That's gonna change your life. It's gonna tell you things. He's gonna speak things to you that you never knew. It's gonna tell you secrets. He's gonna tell you secrets. Let's finish there today. Let's end there today. And I want to say that the most important discipline that you can develop as a Christian is daily fellowshipping with the Holy Spirit. The most important discipline, the single most important discipline that you can develop as a Christian is what? Daily spending time with the Holy Spirit. Oh, somebody said, I know somebody's thinking, oh, I thought it was reading the word of God. Well, see, the Bible is going to be a close book to you if the Holy Spirit does not unveil it to you. The Bible is going to be a close book to you if the Holy Spirit does not teach you, does not bring you into it. The Holy Spirit has to bring you, we can talk more about that. The Holy Spirit has to bring you into it. The most important, the single most important discipline you can have is daily spending time with the Holy Spirit. How many of you have been blessed this morning? How many people have been blessed this morning? Come on, let's be on our feet and let's give God praise. Let's acknowledge the presence of the Holy Spirit in our midst. Let's acknowledge his presence. I acknowledge your presence. I acknowledge that you are the gift of the Father to me. I acknowledge that you are the promise of the Father to me. Yes, you are the greatest spirit I ever know. Sweet spirit of God. You are the greatest. You are the sweetest. You are the most lovely. Come on, pray. You are the most lovely. You are the greatest. You are the most lovely. You are all together lovely. You are all together wonderful. You are all together worthy. Yes, Lord. You are all together wonderful. Sweet Holy Spirit of God. Oh, thank you for your presence in this place. Thank you for your presence in our lives. We worship you. We bow before you. We honor your majesty. We magnify your Holy Ghost. I give you praise. I worship you. I give you praise. Come on, give him praise. Masote kapya. Embrace. I welcome you. A new and a fresh into my life. Into my situation. Thank you, Lord. I honor you. I acknowledge you. I acknowledge you for your presence in my life in the past. I acknowledge your presence in my life in the future. Because the Father sent you to be with me forever. You will abide in me. Thank you for the spirit upon. Thank you for the spirit upon for signs and wonders. And thank you for the spirit within me. Oh God, changing me into the very image of the Christ. I give you praise, Holy Ghost. Thank you for the spirit upon me to minister to the saints. Thank you for the spirit upon me to minister healing and signs and wonders. Thank you for the spirit within me. Oh God, forming the nature of Christ in me. Thank you for the joy that you're forming in me. Thank you for the patience you're forming in me. Thank you for the long suffering that you're building in me. Thank you for the joy that you're building. Oh, thank you, Holy Ghost. I give you praise, oh God. I worship you. I give you glory. I worship you, Holy Ghost. I worship the Spirit of God, Spirit Divine. I give you praise. Thank you, Lord.
SPEAKER_01: Power. More of you in my life.
SPEAKER_00: Thank you, Lord. More power. More of you in my life. And I will worship you. With all of my heart. Thank you, Lord. And I will worship you.
SPEAKER_01: We all of my mind. And I will worship you. With all of my strength. Hallelujah. You are my God. You are my Say Maya. More of you in Maya.
SPEAKER_00: More of you in Ma Say again. Hadis.
SPEAKER_01: More of you, Lord. More of you in mah Maur.
SPEAKER_00: Lift your hands, everybody, say it. And I will worship you.
SPEAKER_01: We don't mind. And I will worship you. And I will. We all love my mind. We all of mine. And I will worship you. We all of my strength. You are my God. Oh you are my God. You are and I will set you.
SPEAKER_00: We all we all of my heart. Come on, worship him, come on. And I will say, we all mind.
SPEAKER_01: We don't. And I will. We all my strength. You are you are you all? I should let the ball. Single woman, I will worship you, and I will worship. We all love my heart. We all love. I will worship you. And I will.
SPEAKER_00: We don't love my We all of my I will worship you. And I will worship. We all of my strength. You are you.
SPEAKER_01: You are my Hallelujah. You are you all my God! You are my God! You are my God!