SPEAKER_00: Welcome to the Summit Church Podcast. Thank you for joining us as we share weekly sermons and teachings from Summit Church in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Our prayer is that today's message encourages your faith and helps you grow in your relationship with Jesus. Check out our website at summitchurchtn.com. Thanks for listening, and we pray this message encourages you today.
SPEAKER_01: I'm preaching on unity of the spirit. And that right there was a picture of unity of the spirit. It was a picture when what Dina said, unity of the Spirit. We're one in the Lord. Amen. We are one in the Lord. You may have lost family members, but we are one in the Lord. So I want to talk to you about it because we have this. Would you put up on the screen the declaration that we are making that we got in prayer a few weeks ago, and we have decided that we are declaring this as a church. So I want you to read it with me. Summit Church is a place of his presence, a habitation for God, a place of encounter. Summit is marked as a place of transformation, leading to transfiguration. And that is what God is doing here in this house. Amen. But the Lord began to show me to use. And I won't deny it, and I will not be silent about it. So as I was thinking about it, the Lord said, now I want you to look at what happened when the church came into unity. I think maybe you've missed some things. So I can agree with the Lord. I'm always missing stuff. Can you bear with me a few minutes? Can you get your Bible out? And if you don't have your Bible, I've got it all up here on the screen. But I'm telling you, God wants to teach us something. So Psalms 133, 1 through 3, three scriptures that have such powerful impact. And it says, Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity. It is like the precious ointment upon the head that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard. That went down to the skirts of his garments, as the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descends upon the mountain of Zion. For there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life forevermore. Hallelujah. Come on, hallelujah. So these three verses are packed with such wonderful stuff. It says, How good, how good and how pleasant. Listen, this word good is the Hebrew word tov, and it means fruitful, morally correct, profitable. It's when we are in unity with our brothers and sisters in Christ. We are fruitful. We are profitable to the whole body when we're in unity with each other. And then David began to paint a picture of what unity looks like. Listen to this. Have you ever tried to tell someone what something's like they've never seen before? You'll say, well, it sort of looks like this. Well, David said that. He said, it's like the precious. That word precious is the same word as good. Tove. It's precious. It's fruitful. It'll multiply. Come on. Is the ointment or anointing oil that runs down the head and on the beard of Aaron? This precious oil was created by instruction of God. It had a glorious fragrance that filled the whole room where the anointing oil was being poured out. Not one person couldn't smell that anointing oil. It was precious to God. And it was poured on the head of the priest. And it was, it brought unity. It was holy. Unity comes from God. God sees unity as holy. That's why the devil fights us so hard to be in unity with our brothers and sisters in Christ. See, let me tell you something. Unity is not uniformity. Unity is we are together on the purpose of God. We are standing together and we will not relent until we see that which God has said He would do. Okay? Uniformity is like we're all going to the same private school. We all wear the same uniforms. We all follow the same rules. There is no place of individuality. You have to, and you know what? It ain't a bad thing with the school system the way it is, okay? So anyway, I won't go off on that. That's a whole other sermon. But what I'm saying to us is this we can be in unity with each other and still be different. Isn't that glorious? See, there are churches lined up down the street. I can be in unity with them if they believe in the word of God. If they stand on the word of God, I can be in unity with them. I don't have to, they don't have to agree with me that I speak in tongues. Well, I thank God more than any of you that I can speak in tongues. Praise the Lord. Hallelujah. Glory to God. So, unity is connected to the holiness of the priesthood. Peter tells us in 1 Peter 2 and 9, but you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, his own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. This precious oil is not just poured out on Aaron, it's poured out in the Spirit on you and I. Come on. When we come together in unity, there's a fragrance that goes up to heaven. Oh, come on. Hallelujah. When unity comes, it touches everyone in the house. He goes on to say unity is like the dew of Mount Hermon. The dew from Mount Hermon comes from snow on the mountains that is melting and it runs down the mountains and it feeds the headwaters of the Galilee and the Jordan River. But it also, the dew brings refreshing and life and a life-giving flow from heaven. That's why I talked about Mount Zion. Mount Zion in the natural and Mount Hermon are not close. But let me tell you something. David was talking about you have come to Mount Zion, the city of the living God. The new Jerusalem. Hallelujah. That's where we come from. That's where we were born from. Come on. That's who we are, okay? We're not, we may live in this world.
unknown: Come on.
SPEAKER_01: That's right, sister. We're not of it. I look like Father. I look like my dad. Hallelujah. Glory to God. And with unity from heaven comes a commanded blessing. Life forevermore. In the New Testament, there is a word. I love this word. It's called Zoe. It means the God kind of life. It means that we have been given a God kind of life. Hallelujah. A God, I have the God kind of life in me. Devil, you can't have any room in a person that has the God kind of life. Come on. Oh my goodness. Hallelujah. So let's look at unity in the early church. Can you bear with me for a minute? Because I want to tell you something. I'm a word person. Let me tell you what a word person does. When the devil comes knocking at my door, I can say it is written. And he has to go. Now, if you're one of those feel-good people, oh, I don't know. I just don't feel church didn't seem to feel right today. Well, I'm sorry, that's on you, but I'm feeling real good. I'm feeling real good. I'm feeling the Holy Ghost all over me. I'm preaching good today. I'm not preaching bad. I'm preaching good. And I'm telling you, you came here today on assignment because you needed a word from the Lord. You needed to be built up in your most holy faith. That's why I had to pray in the Holy Ghost for you before you got here. Come on. Hallelujah. Praise the Lord. So listen, before the church can ever experience lasting unity, Jesus had to pray for us. Come on. How many of y'all believe that when Jesus prayed, it was answered? Come on. He just said, I'm going to answer that. He prayed it? Yeah. Come on. Listen to this. John 17, 20 through 23. Listen to this. I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in me through their word. That they all may be one as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be one in us, that the world may believe that you sent me. And the glory which you gave me, I have given to them, that they may be one just as we are one. I and them, you and me, that they may be made perfect. Hello? Let's take a small break. Perfect. That they may be made perfect. Come on. That that not nah. One day I hope to be perfect in the eyes of the Lord. Oh, today we're going to grow up. You can pull up your big boy and girl pants. Hallelujah. Go ahead and pull them up. Because when you leave here today, you're not going to be a baby anymore. You're not going to be hoping God is going to do something. You know that God has already done something in you. And you have a fire. You have a fire inside of you. And when you open your mouth, that fire comes out. Come on, church. Hallelujah. Praise the Lord. That the world may believe you sent me. And the glory which you gave me, I have given them, that they may be one just as we are one. I am in them and you in me, that they may be made perfect in one, that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them as you have loved me. Our Father loves us like he loved his own son. For God so loved the world that he gave the most valuable gift that could have been given, and that was his son.
unknown: Thank you, Jesus.
SPEAKER_01: That he could bring us back. Jesus, the captain of our salvation, bring his sons and daughters back to glory. Because for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. But he came and got us back. Hallelujah. When we're one in unity, the world will believe in Jesus. Listen, I gotta take just a little break here and say something, okay? You can get on YouTube and you can hear all day long the accuser of the brethren right now about the church. Now what they're saying may be correct. But why are we not seeing people gatherings where they're on their knees crying out to God for those who have fallen? You see, that Jude told us. Snatch them out. But be careful as you're snatching them out. You don't want what's on them on you. But you can love them enough. Come on. And here we have all of this. We have all of this. And then Jesus said, I'm going to give you my glory. I'm going to tell you all something. I'm going to talk about our identity in Christ. I'm going to talk about this glory that dwells in us. I'm going to talk about the same glory that dwelt in Jesus, his dwelling in his church. Sons and daughters of God, I address you today. Don't you ever let anybody steal what Jesus paid for you to have. Oh, hallelujah. I'm going to try to preach today. What is this glory that Jesus gave us? It's the manifested presence of Jesus seen as the Holy Spirit comes upon his people. Glory to God. It's not just for the five-fold ministry, it's for the Church of the Living God. It's for the brethren. Come on. You see, I want to say this. I've said it every day this week because the Lord spoke it through me, and it was, I want to, I want to always have this, okay? All my life. Oh. They're anointed. Whoa. They're anointed. Lord, if I could just. I used to say to the Lord, Lord, some of you know my dear friend Jeff Brooks, some of you don't. But I can tell you, his voice is like chocolate silk when he speaks. And I used to sit and say, Lord, well, why didn't you give me that voice if you were going to call me? I just got this, yeah, yeah, yeah kind of voice. Have you ever listened to yourself talk? You'll you'll get up in church and you'll say something, you know, you'll listen to yourself, no.
unknown: No.
SPEAKER_01: Steve will be in the living room sometimes and I'll hear him watching me preach, and I'm going, no, no, no. It's just, listen, I can listen to, I can listen to uh all of you all that preach in this house all day long, over and over again. But when it comes, no. It's just that, but anyway, here here's here's the glory of it. I don't have to have that voice because I got the glory of God inside of me. Come on. I don't have to be proud of my voice because pride cannot enter in. Oh, come on, somebody. The Lord knew that I'd be proud of my voice. Oh, I want you to listen to me speak. I used to, man, how many of y'all remember when we carry around? I didn't, but a lot of people did. Carry around the taper quarter getting your prophecy. You remember? You carry that, you carry it around. And there would be people I would know that would gather people together and say, I want you to listen to what God says about me, click. And I always thought, is that really what we're supposed to be doing? Because it sounds prideful to me. Okay. So I never did that because I didn't have a tape recorder. Praise the Lord, I didn't. I could have been tempted. Okay, get back on the sermon. Yes, Lord. Okay. Glory to God. Unity is achieved by the empowerment of the Holy Spirit on the church. In Acts 2 and verse 1, he says, and when the day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. That sounds okay. They were all in one accord in one place. They were, you know, wait, wait until it was a tenth day. They'd been praying. When you come in, Lord, they were all in one accord. They didn't have that attitude. They knew that when God promised He was going to give something, it was going to be great. They were excited. They would have been there however long it took. But notice they were in prayer in one accord. When we come together and pray, there's a spirit of unity. Now listen. You might be thinking, Pastor, would you say that everyone who comes to prayer is in one accord? Not necessarily. But if they keep coming, come on. If they keep coming, there's something that can be caught. And it's the spirit of unity where we're one with each other. We can't wait. We can't wait to get together and pray. I want to say this about prayer. A little advertisement. It's okay. I'm the pastor. I can give as many as I want. I have never experienced or witnessed such unity in prayer as I am now in the prayer meetings at Zumit Church. I mean, since the beginning of 2026, but for me, it was about two months ago. It was like I'll be wrecked, wrecked during the prayer meetings. I will be wrecked during the prayer meetings because there is such a spirit of unity. And here's the deal. When we pray, God manifests what we pray on Sunday. Now that's pretty awesome, isn't it? So whatever you see manifest, healing, whatever you see manifests restoration today, family, we fought for our family. I gotta say this. How many of you all fight for your family? You know, that it's more than just a little, well, well, God, I just lift up my family to you. There are times in the middle of the night. I know the devil is walking around something that belongs to me. And that's my family. And I get up, first thing I do is go to the front door and I open it. And I say, get out. In the mighty name of Jesus. I don't know who let you in, but you're not allowed here. This is God's property. I do that and then I began to pray. I began to pray. Beloved, I want to say this to you. Quit being lazy. Quit sleeping through a call to prayer. You have no idea what your prayer is rescuing your family from. Oh, come on. Do I have any mothers and dads in here? God would you raise your hand? And in raising your hand, you're saying, yes, Lord. I'll get up. I'm not going to sleep through the call anymore. I'll get up. Listen, listen, let me let me say this. It may look impossible to you in the natural, but with God, all things are possible to Him who believes. I don't know about you. But I'm a believer. I'm a believer. Hallelujah. Today, today, right now, we are dwelling in his presence. He is here. His presence is here. If you don't believe it, you need to be up here preaching. Because his presence is here. Hallelujah. You see, when we come into agreement with God and with his purpose, he will manifest his glory. Oh my goodness. Last night I couldn't be here for prayer. I like being here for prayer. They know it. So they called me. Pastor, we're going to pray for you. This is what we got from the Lord. Now we're going to pray for you. Do y'all know how priceless that is? Do you know how many pastors would love that in their life? That there are people who care so much about the move of God that He's doing now that they will pray. And if Pastor is absent, they call and say, We're going to be praying for you right now. We're lifting up a little prayer for you. Uh-uh. And when they started praying, my Lord, I about fell out under the spirit when Brenda grabbed a hold and anybody ever heard Brenda pray? I mean, she can blow me into the next room. Okay. Oh. Thank you, Lord. Ephesians 4 and verse 3 say it says, make every effort to keep yourself united in the spirit, binding yourself together with peace. The word unity here expresses a spirit of harmony and oneness that can only be experienced by the body of Christ. Quit expecting the world to come into unity with you. They think you're crazy. And they don't realize that you're the only one that's sane. Because you've got the mind of Christ. It may look crazy to the world, but I'm telling you, we got an eternal mind. I'm thinking like God. I've changed my mind on what my ideas are on to His. Unity already exists in the spirit. Hallelujah. Although it is a spiritual reality, it can be destroyed. You know who can destroy it? You can. You can, well, let me say, you can't destroy unity. It's a spirit thing. It's the Holy Ghost unity, okay? But what you can do is you can destroy the atmosphere around people. You know that, yeah, yeah, yeah. Well, I don't know if God is real. I don't know it. Well, hang around me and you'll find out. He's real. Oh, he's real. He's big. He's big and real, okay? So it says, make every effort to keep the spirit of unity. When you read the book of Acts, you see unity through it. I'm just going to read a few scriptures to you. You can shout if you need to. Acts 2, 46 and 47. So continuing daily with one accord in the temple and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved. Come on. You want to grow a church, get into unity. Have y'all heard about some at church? They actually are experiencing unity. Come on. Acts 4, 31 through 33. Listen to this. After the prayer, the meeting took place. I'm reading that wrong. After this prayer, the meeting place shook. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. And they preached the word of God with boldness. All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own. So they shared everything they had. The apostles testified powerfully of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God's great blessing was upon them. Oh, come on. God's great blessing was upon them. The church is exploding, and the people are not saying, whose idea was it that we had to give? I believe all that pastor does is talk about us giving, us tithing. I believe that's all she does. I believe I had a woman say this and I thought, wow. She said, um, uh, I think she said that I was living in a million-dollar home. Okay. I'd like for you to take me where it's at and I'll move in. Because she just talks about giving. See, no one said that. No one said that in the New Testament church. They were in unity. No one even said, listen, guys, you're gonna have to start giving. Things are looking pretty slim. They sold property and brought it and laid it at the feet of the apostles so they could care for the flock. Come on, church. And we we talk about, oh, we're just you know, it's just so hard. It's so hard. No, it's not hard. You've made it hard. Well, I'm getting to that part here in just a minute. This unity continued in Acts 5 and verse 12. The apostles were performing many miraculous signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers met together regularly. Well, if we if we don't have anything else planned, we'll we'll come to church because you know we we have a really busy life. Let me tell you something. One day you're gonna be trying to explain to God about that busy life. Come on. As a church kept the unity of the Spirit, so how do we maintain the unity of the Spirit? How do we do it? We don't see, let me tell you something. For hundreds of years, we have been given a list of things we have to do. Jesus did it. Y'all want me to start preaching religion to you? Is that what you want? No. Do you want me to say, now I'm gonna give you a checklist? I'm gonna give you this checklist because, okay? I want you to listen to Ephesians 4, 1 through 3. Therefore, I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling. For you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle, be patient with each other, making allowances for each other's faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourself united in the spirit, binding yourself together with peace. We'll go to church today, and I'm purposed in my heart to get along with those stinkers. I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it. Lord, let those three that I really love, let them come up to me. And all those others, Lord, just keep them at bay. See, when you're working at being good enough, when you're working at being saved enough, when you're working about working at being filled with the Holy Ghost enough, I'm just halfway filled. I need the rest of fill. Let me tell you, when He feels, he fills them to the fullness. On Pentecost, a flame set on their head, and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost and began to speak, began to speak. And you know what? After they were filled, they didn't quit speaking. They kept on speaking because they weren't half filled, they didn't have a little dabble to you. No, they were completely filled with the Holy Ghost. He gave them tongues of fire, he didn't give them the gift of gab. Sometimes I want to say shut. Because I want to hear the word of God. I want to hear what God's saying, okay? Listen, Paul told us to be humble and gentle, to be patient with each other, making allowances for each other's faults because of your love. Listen, when I love you, when I love you, I'm not letting you go. Let me tell you, I look across this room and I see sons and daughters. I don't see that one that I see sons and daughters. I see sons and daughters filled with the Holy Ghost because I've decided to live in unity. I've decided it was a gift given to the church. And you know what? I'm not going to let any gift go. Would it be sad we meet Jesus one day? You know, you're everybody wants a. I believe when I get before Jesus, he'll say, Well done, thou good and faithful servant. I hope. What if he said, All those gifts I put in you, all that stuff, and I said it was yours the moment you got saved? It was yours. You you were you were brought in. You were no longer darkness, you were light in the Lord. What you do with it? I kept cheering, y'all. Come on, you can do it, you can do it. You walked away. Come on. Church, God is speaking to us. But let me tell you something. You you want to you want to stay in unity with the brethren, then stay in love. See, that's something else you don't have to work at. It's given to you. Listen to this. 1 Peter 4 and 8 says, Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. When I love you, those places in your life are covered. I'm praying for you. I may have to say hard things to you once in a while, but it's because I love you. Have you ever seen a child that all parents do is say, you are so precious, you're so cute, oh, you're just so sweet, and you have a parent-teacher conference?
SPEAKER_00: Woo!
SPEAKER_01: Teacher says, We got a little problem here, and you're thinking, No, you got a problem. Because my baby don't have any problem. And see, those are the kind of, and then it gets around the school. Don't have their kid next year. They're never wrong. They're always good, and they're tearing up my whole classroom. Come on. See, I tell you what you need to hear because I love you. And I refuse for you to think wrongly about the word of God. Come on, church. Oh my goodness. Romans 5 5 tells us that the love of God has been poured out in our heart by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Wait. When you receive the Holy Spirit, you received the love of God. You have the capacity right now, today, to love like He loves. I don't particularly like, I don't like the pastor. That's okay. I love you. You better duck when I come near you. I got a hug waiting to happen. Come on, church. Let's get over ourselves, okay? If you're hurt, if you're emotionally wounded, go see uh uh Daryl Franklin. Thank you, Lord. Listen, I've prayed with these people so long they know when I pause what it's about. I'm thinking, name, name, name, name. And so they give it. Praise the Lord. Glory to God. Not only is the love given to us, but it's given to us by our precious Holy Spirit. But the spirit of unity is given to us so that we can be like Him. Come on. Oh. But we have to be, we have to choose to stay in the Spirit. Lord's been teaching me about this. You know, you'll feel something, you'll get a little irritated, and the Lord will say, Are you in the Spirit right now? No.
unknown: That's a good one.
SPEAKER_01: And so I choose to get back in the Spirit. I repent and get back in the Spirit. I don't have to go for days feeling bad because I had a rotten attitude. I just step over into the Holy Spirit because you see, He's already taken care of me. I'm a daughter, and the Holy Spirit is just reminding me who you are. You forget who you are? I did. Thank you. Thank you for reminding me. The blessing of God, the manifestation of the gifts of God, come through the church and flow freely when we stay in the spirit. Do you realize we're getting ready today? Today we've seen some miraculous healings. But we're going to continue to do that. Why? Because we're going to stay in the spirit. There's a spirit of unity right now, today. I feel a spirit of unity in this house. I feel like everybody's thinking, man, we could do anything. Isn't that good? I had a young man who said to me, said from the pulpit one time, he was a spiritual son. He said, Man, when I hear some of you all preach, I think, man, they can really preach. I wish I could preach like that. He said, but when I hear Pastor Sander preach, I say, My God, I could do anything. I could do anything. And that's what we're supposed to be conveying. It is not about a person, it is about Christ in you, the hope of glory. Listen, people out there are waiting on an encounter with you. Oh, come on. So how do we stay in the spirit? Romans 8 and 9. You, however, you are not in the realm of the flesh, but are in the realm of the spirit. If indeed the spirit of God lives in you, and if anyone does not have the spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Him. Beloved, if you're in Christ, you're in the Spirit. You're in the Spirit. Isn't that wonderful? I wish I was in the Spirit. I've had people say, Well, if I was really in the Spirit, I would be able to speak in tongues. And I like to say this, why do you want to? You know what some say? Because everybody else can't. Well, I used to say to my kids, if everybody jumped off of a bridge, would you jump with them? See, that's a hard thing. That's what we all parents my age said that. Well, if your friends jumped off the okay. All right. Let me read to you verses five through eight of this particular scripture. Listen. Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires. But those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. Oh my goodness. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, but can now nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God. Now let's read again Romans 8 9. You, however, I'm saying this to you, you, however, are not in the realm of the flesh, but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. When you experience the love of God, it's impossible for you to enjoy your old life. It really is. It's impossible. Man, I'm preaching long. Let me talk fast, okay? Your thinking has completely changed in the spirit realm. Your attitude has changed. You are people of the spirit. You look like Jesus to the world. You no longer struggle with being in unity with your brothers and sisters in Christ. But here's the problem: the church has spent hundreds of years teaching you about sin and death in the church. I heard someone say that they left a church because they didn't preach about hell. I'm going to tell you what I'm going to preach on. I'm going to preach on who you are in Christ. I'm going to preach that you were rescued from darkness and brought into his marvelous light. You are no longer who you used to be. You are like him now. And see what we did. We were given a list of rules and regulations. We have expected ourselves and the others in the church to fail as believers. You all hear that. We're looking around expecting, well, you know, I'm just waiting. I've had people say that, well, I know they got saved, but I'm just waiting to see. There was a pastor that publicly came out and shared a broken heart for the sin in his life. And you know what influencers said? Well, we'll see. We'll see. We'll just see. We'll see how long that lasts. Maybe you've even thought that. We'll see how long that lasts. But I want to tell you that is not from the Spirit of God. We pray. I rejoice. I say, oh, glory to God. Glory to God. When this first started happening, people were telling me what was happening. I said, I believe that's a lie. You know why? Because I want to believe the best about you. I want to believe that you are a carrier of the glory of God. Hallelujah. Oh my goodness. We no longer live according to sin and death, but life in Christ Jesus. We have expected ourselves to be failures. Today, I've come here to say this. You are sons and daughters of God. Born from above. Citizens in heaven. United as one in Christ Jesus. You have been empowered to walk as children of light. We are one. Look around. We are one in the Spirit. Now let me tell you what will happen. The same thing that happened in the early church because they were in unity. They saw healings. They saw signs, wonders, and miracles. Oh my goodness. I mean, just think of all the things that we've read that Jesus did, and that the apostles did, and that the early church did. I mean, the church was praying. Peter was in jail. The church was praying. They were praying. He went and knocked on the door. And Rhoda heard his voice and said, It sounds like Peter. They said, It's not. It's an angel. He's in jail. But their power, the power of their prayers. In the early church, the power of their prayers open supernaturally. Prison doors. What door has the enemy been keeping closed that God wants to open for you if you'll believe? Hallelujah.