SPEAKER_02: Hi, my name is Michelle Steele. Pastor Phillip and I want to thank you for listening to this message from Life of Faith First. We have more resources available to help you build your faith and bring your world by the Word of God. From our website, lifeofffaith.net, you can connect to our YouTube channel, watch the live stream feed from our church services, access books and downloads in our web store, and discover more about Life of Faith Church, producing like city, state, nation, and world. Visit lifeoffaith.net today.
SPEAKER_01: Let's uh go over two Genesis three. We had been over the last several weeks, we had been looking um at the subject of the uh same word, same result. We want to start with something today looking at the source uh of sickness. Because uh there's one one word that just in my experience has been the greatest detriment to people's healing and walking in healing, and that's uh that word why because you you hear that all the time, and there's been extensive teaching. I've taught on it. Uh and will in the in the future. But um, you know, if if you the Lord helps me see things in different areas. And yesterday was uh uh our appointment, we got the the bug man came out, and uh I've known him for years, and we were talking, going through the house talking, and uh they you know they asked the the questions, you know, well you got any problems, are you seeing anything? And I told him, I said, Well, I'm not seeing anything we shouldn't see, you know, and I said, you know, that's what you should see is you know there are bugs that try to get in your house, but you don't see bugs in your house, right? And um, but here's the issue if you see a bug in your house, if the first thought, the first thing that you begin to do is say, Well, how that how'd they get in? What where's the hole at? What you better deal with the bug. You you bet, right? You gotta deal with it because then we can focus on why or how, right? So to effectively stand against sickness, I've got to stand against the source. All right, and sickness and disease obviously can be brought on. Now, that's a key phrase, brought on by different factors. All right, they can be brought on by your family history. All right, maybe something uh is there in the family, so that can be brought on that way, but in the back of that history is a source. There's a reason, all right, for that. I can't just attribute it to family history and effectively stand against it. All right, because there's a source. Uh it can be brought on by health, uh lifestyle choices, uh, exercise, the lack of it, uh, diet, whatever it may be. But nonetheless, there's still a source. Amen. It can come about by being infected by another person, virus, airborne illness, whatever it may be. But nonetheless, there's a source. So, regardless of how it shows up, we've got to stand against the source. And when we're dealing with the source, the word source, it means a place, a person, or a thing from which something comes or something can be obtained. A place, a person or a thing from which something comes or can be obtained. So, if we don't see the father creating sickness, then we can conclude that it didn't come from him. We don't see that, so we can conclude it didn't come from him. If we see it after the curse, then we can conclude it came with the curse. If we see Satan involved with bringing it on people, then we can conclude that he's the instigator. Now that right there seems elementary, especially to people that know something about the word. Well, of course, the devil's bad and God's good. Then my question is this then why is it that so many people that know the word deal with sickness? If it's that simple, why is that the case? The Lord said to me, He said, if people that that know the word are dealing with sickness and disease, he said, how much harder is it for people that don't know the word to deal with sickness and disease? That's not a knock against any anybody's teaching or or or word people. That's not what I'm saying. What I'm trying to explain is if if we're hitting on all cylinders where all of this is concerned, why does it seem that that people that should know are dealing with things? Well, the answer is there's the devil loose. That's the answer. And and he wants people chasing their tail, trying to figure another reason why this is happening instead of him.
unknown: Right?
SPEAKER_01: I mean, how much unforgiveness do you have in your heart? Somebody say, well, you know, unforgiveness causes sickness. Well, how much unforgiveness do you have? I mean, can't you repent over that and just get rid of it and it's gone? If you got to call the person, look, I've held unforgiveness against you. I forgive you in Jesus' name. Right? Isn't it gone? So years later, I can't be blaming that. Or offense or pride or whatever the case may be. I'm not saying those things won't open the door, they will. But once you deal with it, the door is shut. But now I got to deal with the instigator. Right? Hallelujah. So the curse, in any form, is a perversion of God's perfect plan. It's a perversion of God's perfect plan. Sickness is a perversion of health. It's the opposite of hell. It's the reverse of health. In Genesis chapter 3 and verse 16, this is of course after the fall. So before this, before verse 16, we do not see pain or hardship or toil in the equation anywhere. Until after the fall, until after the curse shows up. And then in verse 22, it says, The Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us to know good and evil. And now, lest he put forth his hand, take also of the tree of life and eat it and live forever, he drove them out of the garden. So there's a reason that God did not want them to partake of the tree of life. So that they wouldn't live forever in that cursed state. Because whatever state they were in, they're going to live forever. So he said, I got to take the so here's the thing. So if destruction and pain was God's will, why didn't he just let man partake of the tree of life and live forever in that state? Because that wasn't his will. Not his will now. Never will be his will. That's why he sent Jesus to set us free. Hallelujah. How did the curse, how did this destruction show up? Because the ones with authority didn't stand against the source. Notice, notice, they brought excuses up. Well, this is why, and this is why, and this is why. Well, God brought it right to the source. He dealt with the enemy. Do you see this? Yes, the enemy was subtle, the serpent was subtle, right? The cunning, however you want to say it, but the issue was Adam shirked his responsibility by not being where he should have been, by not saying what he should have said. He should have dealt with the source. You deal with the source, you don't have to deal with the results. Amen. Now, so here we see the progression. Satan, sin, the curse, pain, hardship, and death. All of these came after Satan's sin and the curse. All of them. Now, let's go over to Job chapter two. And um, we're gonna skip around in Job a little bit today because I want to look at this. Job chapter two, verse six and verse seven. Now, when I asked this question, there's a reason. Who'd he say to? Satan, the adversary. All right, the adversary. That's that's the name in in Hebrew, the adversary. The Lord said to the adversary, Behold, he is in your hand, but save his life. So Satan went forth. Now, who went forth? Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord and smote Job. So, because we see the word and in conjunction with Satan going forth, and Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord, and smote Job. Who's smiting Job? Satan. Now that sounds simple, but who's the source of these boils? God, because he's trying to teach Job a lesson. Right? God is allowing this because Job's in unforgiveness. No? Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord and smote him. Is that right? Now, what a lot of people do is they hold the book of Job up for an example of how Christians are supposed to endure suffering, but the problem with that is in 42 chapters of Job, we're never told how to endure suffering. We see that Job suffered and that he came to the conclusion that God wasn't the source of his suffering. The only thing the New Testament tells us about Job is found in the book of Job. And it says that we see Job as an example of how to endure hardship. How to believe God, that we see that God, the end of the Lord, is that he's merciful and compassionate and kind. Right? And so everything that Job lost because of the attack of the enemy, we realize God gave it all back to him and double. But I want you to see this. So it says that Satan went forth and smote Job. Satan did that from the sole of his foot unto his crown. Other translations say the obstructor went forth from the presence of the eternal and smote Job with boils. Another says, so Satan left the Lord's presence and infected Job with terrible boils. Satan went forth from the presence of Jehovah and he smote Job with grievous boils. Another says, so Satan left, and he caused Job to be afflicted with very painful boils from the top of his head to the sole of his feet. So it's clear from these verses who afflicted Job? Satan. That's why John Alexander Dowie said, sickness is the foul offspring of his father Satan and his mother sin. Sickness is the foul offspring of its father Satan and its mother sin. In Job chapter 1, verse 6. It says, Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them. The adversary was among them. And the Lord said to Satan, Where do you come from? He said, From going to and fro in the earth and walking up and down in it. And the Lord said to Satan, Have you considered my servant Job? There's none like him in the earth. A perfect and an upright man, one that fears God and escheweth evil. He's blameless in his heart. He shuns evil. Then Satan said to the Lord, Does Job fear you for nothing? Have you not made a hedge about him and about his house and about all he has on every side? You've blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. But put forth your hand now and touch all he has, and he will curse you to your face. And the Lord said to Satan, all that he has is in your power. Only upon himself do not put forth your hands. So Satan, who? Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord. Now, notice this. So we have this conversation, confrontation. And verse 8, it says, The Lord said unto Satan, have you considered my servant Job? And what has been taught over the years is that God brought Job up to Satan. But in reality, he's saying, Why have you set your heart on him? It's not bringing him up, hanging him out to dry, dangling him out there as bait. He says, look, you're going up and down in the earth. Why are you centered up on him? Why are you looking at him? Now this is important because we see how the enemy operates. What's he doing right now today? He's roaming about to and fro, up and down in all the earth, doing what? Looking at people. Looking at believers. Now, I will go so far as to say this. He has no problem gaining entrance into the life of unbelievers. They're free game. They have no defense against him. The people he's trying to worm his way into, their lives is believers. Why? Because if he gets in a believer's life, he feels like it's a knock against God. And God says, Why have you set your heart on him? He's perfect. He's upright. He fears me. He gets away from evil. Now, notice. And Satan answered the Lord and says, Does Job fear God for nothing? Have not you made a hedge about him and his house? Notice, and about all he has on every side, you've blessed the works of his hands and his substances increased. So notice the adversary says, You made a hedge about him and his house, all he has on every side. So who placed this protective barrier around Job? God did. Who's trying to destroy Job? Satan. Who's protecting? Who's destroying? So God had nothing to do with the boils. God had nothing to do with the destruction of his family. God had nothing to do with anything that came on him. It was Satan. Now, I will say this. People will always say, Well, where was the door? And where was the door open? And people always go to verse 5 of chapter 1. And it was when the days of their feasting were gone about that Job sent and sanctified them and rose up early in the morning and offered burnt offerings, and according to the number of them all for Job said, It may be. And people always point back to that and say, There was the door. That opened the door for the devil. Alright, Job's words, his fear. Well, I'm not going to deny that, but here's what I am going to say. Where his children were concerned, what opened the door for Job? Because after this, he attacked his children. And Job didn't attribute that to God. Because verse 21, after Job had lost everything, it says in verse 22 of chapter 1, in all this Job sinned not or charged God foolishly. He did say, the Lord has given and the Lord has taken away. Well, that was just his ignorance. He didn't know it was the devil. Now, did his words open the door? Probably so. But here's the issue. The enemy is trying to attack people regardless. He's the source. Now, my words keep him at bay. My words help keep him out of the situation. But here's the issue. People are so focused on why. Why did this happen to Job? Well, the Bible tells us because why was Satan picking on him or trying to? Because he was perfect and upright and feared God. That's why. The Bible says in the book of Psalms, it says, many are the afflictions of the righteous. You're going to face them. But what's the next part of the verse? But the Lord delivers him out of them all. So he's telling us anything that God delivers you out of was not given to you by God. Because God delivers you out of it. And so if God delivered Job, God had nothing to do with what happened to Job. Amen. Have you ever had somebody that was involved in something that was causing a problem? And when they figured out everybody was going to figure out it was them, they started working it around to make it look like they fixed it? When they were really part of the problem? That's not how God does. God did not work this around. God didn't bless Job back double because he was secretly ashamed and felt bad for what he had allowed. Do you see this? No. God had nothing to do with it. I'm pointing this out because I want you to see the source. The word hedge it means shut in for protection or restraint. So God placed this protective barrier around Job. And when the enemy came, God's saying, look. Why are you focused on him? Why is your heart set on him? Amen. You know, it's very possible that Satan had access to Job all along, and it was not so much that God gave access to Satan, but God in his grace and mercy restricted what Satan was able to do to Job. He said to, notice, he said to him twice. He said, first of all, don't touch him. And then he said, don't touch his life. So it's very possible he had access to him all along. But here's the thing I want you to see. God protecting Job's life was really just an act of mercy on God's part. It was God's mercy. There is more a revelation of the malice and hatred that Satan has for mankind here than anything else. Hallelujah. Just like I don't think people can grasp and comprehend a lot of times the depth and height. That's why Paul said, I want, I pray that you would comprehend the depth and the breadth and the height of the love of God. Right? I don't think people understand the depth of the wickedness of the devil. I mean, you think about you think about the devil. The devil would kill a little child and not think about it. Wouldn't bother him at all. Because he is a murderer. Amen. He is a murderer. And so to the depth that we understand God has no sickness to give, then we got to turn around and say, well, then who does have it to give? Because if God doesn't have it to give and is not putting it on people, who is? Where is it coming from? And so where a lot of people stop in the middle of that is, well, I got to find the door that this got in through. I need to focus on who brought it. And then I can close the door. The Bible doesn't say resist the door and everything will be alright. It says resist the devil and he'll flee from you. It says the devil is roaming about as a roaring. Who puts thoughts of unforgiveness in a person's heart? Who puts those thoughts of offense in a person's mind and heart? The devil. Isn't that right? Why does he want you to be offended? Why does he want you to walk in unforgiveness? Why does he want you to be in doubt? Why does he want you to be in fear? That's an open door for him to come in. The devil is not an entity that wants a face-to-face confrontation with you. He is an opportunist that's looking for the easiest way into your life. He doesn't want a face-to-face confrontation because he knows he cannot win. Because we have the name of Jesus, we have authority over him. But if he can get us to open a door, then then the ease of entrance is increased. Hallelujah. And so from the scriptures, we can see that, at least according to Satan, he didn't have ease of access to Job. But at some point, God said, Well, look, everything he has is in your hands. Now that could have been because of what Job said here or something else he did. I don't know. But here's what we do know: it was Satan that caused the boils, it was Satan that destroyed his family. It was Satan that attacked his livelihood. It was God that healed him. It was God that gave him a new family, and it was God that restored everything back double. We do know that. So it doesn't matter if the sickness that came on you was placed on you by the devil, God will take it off of you. God will heal you. Amen. Because if we understand that about the enemy, the enemy doesn't want that face-to-face confrontation. Because we're clothed in the armor of God. The Bible says twice that when you resist him, he'll flee from you. Amen. Satan's purpose, notice, he never brought up the subject of killing Job. Satan never brought that up. He never brought that subject up. What was his purpose? To get Job to curse God. Right? You let the heads down and he'll curse you to your face. So what was he pressing towards? To get Job to abandon God. What is his purpose? To get you to back off the things of God. Why? You back off the things of God, you're open game. You back off the word, you have no protection. You back off your stand of faith, and you have no protection. Amen. And so when a person is chasing different things, they're not standing against anything. I got to stand against the enemy. The scripture tells us, Ephesians 6, it says that having done all to stand, stand, right? It says the shield of faith catches all the fiery darts of the wicked. Now, the reason I'm saying this is that a person can get so focused on why this and why that and why this and why that. The reason's there. The why is there. The devil. That's why. Right? That might have been how we got in. So let's shut that door and then we'll deal with him. Right? This is important. Satan tried to get God to move against Job. God said that. He said, even though you have moved me against him, you tried to get me to move against him, God will obviously never do that. So here we see how sick the devil really is. We see a fallen angel that has absolute hatred towards the human race and wanted a righteous man to curse God. Hallelujah. So what we have to understand is that we live in a fallen world where attacks will come. But it seems Satan has a peculiar interest in singling out those that are chosen by God. And what happens is people can get so wrapped up in the why they fail to stand against the source. Hallelujah. You know, a scripture very often that people quote, and it's this, well, the curse does not cause less come. Well, that's true. That's true. But you know, in the perfect context of that verse, it's talking about somebody cursing you. It's talking about somebody speaking evil about you. And it says that doesn't happen without a reason.
unknown: Right?
SPEAKER_01: Whether it's being righteous or they just have something against you. I mean, it can be referred to as the curse in the curse that we've been redeemed from. But, and and people say, well, see, there, the curse doesn't come without a cause. So there must be an open door.
SPEAKER_00: Hmm.
SPEAKER_01: I've known very godly people that have gone through things. I knew they didn't have unforgiveness. I knew they didn't have offense. I knew there was no sin in their life. So why'd the curse come? Why'd the curse come? Because there's a devil loose. If you take that same logic, if you apply it to me, you've got to apply it to yourself. If you apply it to your brother, you've got to apply it to yourself. This is important. And here's why. Because that's what the scripture says. I believe the scripture. So that means that if the curse doesn't come without a cause, right? That's not, the cause is not that I'm walking in unforgiveness or some sin in my life. What if the cause is there's a devil loose? What if that's the cause? Hallelujah. Look at Luke chapter 13. Are you are you are you getting this? Are you thinking about it? You know, if you take something like anxiety, worry, you really see after Jesus teaches that there's no reason to ever do that. Why? All you gotta do is look at your neighbor's yard. Look how green it is. Look how nice it is. God says, if I make the grass green and make it grow, I'll take care of you. That means that worry is totally unnecessary, totally unproductive. Right? It shows us how easy this is. So the who where's the source of worry? Who would want you to worry? The devil. Why? Because he knows once you get over into worry, you've got to abandon trust. And once I abandon trust, I have no other option but to worry. Why would the enemy put thoughts in your mind that you're the reason you're sick to get you to chase the wrong thing? Now I've got to be honest, if it's there, I've got to deal with it. But if you can before God say, I've searched my heart, I've searched my life, I don't have these, okay, then there's one, there's one reason then. Look at Luke chapter 13, verse 11. Jesus was in the synagogue, and it says, Behold, there was a woman that had a spirit of infirmity 18 years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift herself up. And verse 13, and he, Jesus, laid his hands on her, and immediately she was made straight and glorified God. Now, if we didn't read any other verses in this chapter, we see who made her sick and we see who set her free. If we don't read any other verses, it said it was a spirit of infirmity, and Jesus laid hands on her and made her free. Now, in none of the four gospels do you see Jesus laying hands on anybody and them becoming sick? They always become free. If I can find one instance where Jesus laid hands on somebody and said, Be sick, right? Then I can put God in that category. But we can't find that. So the question then, and we're asking a lot of questions today, who made her sick? Satan. Who set her free? Right? So who was the source? Right? Satan, whatever it was, this was the source, was the devil. And who is who was the freer? Who was the deliverer? Jesus. Oh, hallelujah. Amen. Notice, he said verse 16, ought not this woman be a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound? Satan has bound. So it's appropriate anytime when you're praying for somebody that's sick to say this is the bondage of Satan. Satan is trying to keep this person in bondage. It may not be a spirit of infirmity, but we know the source of it. Bound, these 18 years be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath day. And just for the sake of emphasis, a number of different translations. One says the Barclay translation says, for 18 years Satan has fettered her. Satan has. The EXB says, she has been held by Satan for 18 years. Another says this, Satan has kept her in this condition for 18 years. The Norley Bible says, who has been in the bondage of Satan for 18 years? Another says, but Satan has kept her crippled for 18 years, as though he had her tied and not let her escape. Hallelujah. You know, because before this Jesus called the man a hypocrite and he said, You know, on the Sabbath you untie your donkey or your ox and lead him away to water him. Ought not this woman that Satan has kept tied up in the stall of sickness for 18 years be set free from this bondage on the Sabbath day? Hallelujah. Now why didn't Jesus look at the woman and say, now let's investigate where this got in at? Do you have unforgiveness? Are you offended? Do you have daddy issues? Is that what he said? No. He said, This is the devil. You be loosed and be freed. And then he said to the religious people, he said, This woman ought to have been set free because she's a covenant person. This is important. I'm not telling you that those things will not open a door to the enemy. What I'm saying is if you're dealing with something, you can deal with that door, but you got to go to the source first. Amen. You know, if you go to if a person goes to the doctor, for instance, if they find cancer in a certain organ of the body, the first thing they begin to search for is the source tumor. Where did it come from? Because there had to be an inception point. Right? I had a family member that cancer had spread to their liver and their pancreas. Well, it had started in another part of their body and spread. Right? Why did it spread? The source was not dealt with. And so it spread. Right? I had a friend, he's in heaven today. He ended up having some kidney issues. And a minister, pastor of a of a great church, and uh faith person, I mean, went to Rhema. I'm, you know, just raised up under Brother Hagan. And uh, you know, at at when he was fighting this this battle, and I don't have social media, but other other people, my wife does, and she told me he was posting, you know, on Facebook, if if I have offended anybody, if if uh I need to forgive you, I forgive you, and and all these things. I understand what he was doing, but I never saw anybody say this is an attack of the devil against a man of God. We got to stand against it. All of those things that we're talking about will hinder your faith. And they'll hinder your faith to be healed, and they'll hinder your faith to walk in the best that God has for you. But in back of that is the source. I gotta deal with the source. Hallelujah. Because if I if I repent of unforgiveness, the source of sickness is still there. That was just the door that it got in through. I still gotta deal with the malady I'm dealing with. I still gotta fix that. Closing that door will make it easier to receive, but I still have to receive it. And and there's still an enemy to my receiving. I mean, who would make you doubt God's word? People say, well, you're your mind, you're thinking, well, who put that thought in your mind to doubt God's word? Isn't it interesting that everything that we're talking about, it goes back to this one evil character? Right? Satan blinds the minds. Satan wants to deceive. Satan is looking for a way to get into your life. Right? Who is the instigator of unforgiveness? Where does that thought come from? Somebody may look at you different or say something maybe that you took the wrong way, and this thought comes and says, Well, what'd they mean by that? They must not like you very much. Well, where'd that come from? God never says that. If God said anything, he'd say, That don't mean nothing. Don't worry about it. Right? Satan had bound this woman as though he had tied her up. Hallelujah. So here she is. Now notice, she's in the synagogue bound. Now it's not implicitly stated, but here's what we know. We know that that their belief system was if there's sickness or disease in your body, it's because you've sinned. John chapter 9. The disciples asked Jesus, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind? Right? In uh in Mark and Matthew and Luke, the man born by four, when they brought him to Jesus' house, the first thing Jesus said was, son, your sins are forgiven you. And everybody lost it. Pharisees falling out, Sadducees fainting. Whoo! They're just going, hey, forgiven sins. Who can forgive sins but God? Right? Well, Jesus said to the disciples, he said, Whoever sins you remit are remitted. And he said, Whoever sins you retain are retained. So what does that mean? If somebody has done me wrong and I'm tempted to lack, to operate in unforgiveness, I can remit that sin. I can say, Father, I forgive them. No matter what they did, I forgive them in the name of Jesus. And what's done? It's remitted. It's gone. So that can't stop me from being healed now. So evidently that was the issue here. Why isn't she getting healed? Because the religious leader says, you know, there are six other days that you can come to the temple and be healed. Come on one of them and be healed. He didn't say we'll get you healed. Evidently, he's saying, you know, Jesus is here other days. Come on some other day other than the Sabbath and get healed. She's been coming to the temple and not getting healed. Why? Because they believe there's a reason she shouldn't be healed. Her sin, whatever it may be. And Jesus said, look, she's got a covenant with God Almighty. She's a daughter of Abraham. Watch. She ought to be free. She should be walking free. Oh, hallelujah. The enemy will come up with all kinds of reasons why you should still be sick. Why you should still be dealing with that. Why you should still, right? Ultra religious circles will say you should be sick because God's teaching you something from it. There's something God wants you to learn. Right? Now bring it over into our good word of faith circles, and people say, you know, well, that person's still dealing with this. Wonder what they're dealing with in their heart. Wonder if there's unforgiveness. Wonder if there's offense. Wonder if there's some secret sin. Wonder if you're judgmental. You're kind of nitpicking that person apart. The Bible doesn't say that. It says, if there's any sick among you, let them call for the elders of the church and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he's committed any sin, it'll be forgiven him. So what does that mean? That means that there's going to be people that call for the elders of the church that are operating in sin. And God said, Don't Don't fail to lay hands on them and pray for them and anoint them with oil to get them healed. If they have committed sin, they'll be forgiven. Now, isn't that interesting that the prayer of faith was not hindered in James by somebody that may have committed sin? They were healed. That's what James said. I tend to believe James. He was Jesus' brother. And he's in the Bible, got a book in the Bible. We need to believe him. This is important. Amen. You know, it's been very rare in my life in laying hands on the sick. I've ever laid hands on the sick and had, and I he has done it, but it's been very rare. Rarely has God ever said to me, this person's holding somebody against some something against someone. Very rarely. It has happened. So I can't say that's not a reason at times, but it's very rare. So what does that mean? So the instances must be minimal. Amen. So, but you know, Pastor, where where did I miss it? I mean, how did this or or whatever? Now, there again. You're putting all the onus back on you, and not on the one that can heal you, and not on the source of what's attacking you. Amen. Do you see this? Oh, glory. So Jesus said Satan kept the woman bound. So this sickness was from where? From the devil. It's from the devil. Brother Hagin said, when you resist anything of the devil, you're resisting the devil. You resist anything of the devil, you're resisting the devil. You know, T.L. Osborne in his book, Healing the Sick, he made the statement that all sickness was a spirit of infirmity. Well, I don't know if I agree with that, but the point is, he did realize where it came from. Look at Acts chapter 10. You know, and when people are honest, and most people, most people that I know in my circles anyway, are honest. I know there are very dishonest people in the world. I know some. But the point is, is as I just look around the room and and know many that watch online, they're honest people. And if there was something in their heart against somebody or some sin, they'd be honest. You know, I've never seen anybody on their deathbed just tell you a lie. They just don't tend to do that. They tend to be very honest. Why? Because they don't have long in this earth. When if somebody's dealing with a major disease, do you really think that they're going to take the chance of being dishonest? I don't think so. So here's my point. Here's what I want you to get. So all those thoughts from the enemy about boy, you must have done this and you must have missed it big time and you must have failed. Now, I have to preface it with this. If there's sin in your heart, obviously that's going to hinder the working of the power of God in your life. It's not going to work the way that it could. But here's the issue: you're honest and you know you've asked God to deal with that. You've asked God to forgive, you've done what you need to do. You've done it. So now all that's left is resisting the devil and walking in your freedom. Amen. Because here's the thing: he's not going until you tell him to go. He's not leaving until you tell him his time's up and he needs to go. Because that's why the scripture says you got to resist him and he will flee from you. Notice it doesn't say, just know you have authority and he'll flee. It said, when you resist him, he will flee from you. Acts chapter 10, a very familiar verse, and verse 38. Notice what it says. It says that the message they preached was how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power that went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil, for God was with him. Hallelujah. One translation says, giving health to all that were oppressed by the devil. Another says, curing all those who were under the tyranny of the devil. And why am I going through all these translations? I need you to see today it's the devil. It's the devil. The source of sickness is the devil. Why does he want you sick? He hates you. He doesn't like you. He hates God. He's against anything of God. We're not just unwitting pawns in the battle between the devil and God. We are made, created in the likeness and the image of God. We carry the presence of God in our life. We are total masters over the devil and his plan for our lives and for the plan of humanity. He hates you on that basis alone. But yet he hates everybody. There are hundreds of thousands of non-believers that will die today, and the devil killed them. He set events up to destroy their lives. They have no knowledge of that, they're totally ignorant of it. Well, why would he kill a non-believer? Because he has no use for people at all. He hates people. Because people are created in the image of God. He hates unbelievers, he hates believers, he hates men, women, kids, he hates black folk, white folk, Mexican folk, all folk. He hates them. Why? Because they were given his position of authority and dominion. And there's nothing he can do to ever get it back. And so ever what he's got to do, that's what, but he's the source. Another translation says, healing all that were overpowered by the devil. Another says, bringing healing to all those who had fallen into the power of the devil's tyranny. Another says, curing all who are in the devil's clutches. And then the Philips translation, I tend to like that one a little bit. Philips. Healing all who suffered under the devil's power. Notice the verbiage that's used over and over again, oppressed by the devil. Tyranny of the devil, overpowered by the devil. In the devil's clutches, under the devil's power. So according to this verse, everyone Jesus healed was under the power and the tyranny of the devil. So what do I do? I deal with the source, and then if there's an open door, I close it. Lord, I deal with this. I rebuke the devil. I resist the devil in the name of Jesus. I take my healing. And Father, if there's a door that I open, show me and I'll close it. You got to deal with the source. You know, if a burglar gets into your house, the first question you ask is not, how'd you get in here? It's what do we we got to deal with this. Then we can work on whatever else needs to be worked on. Amen. The enemy will absolutely, absolutely wear people out with why. Because he realizes there's no answer to that question. I've had people come to me and say, I've searched my heart. I'm not in unforgiveness. There's no sin in my heart. And then what's the next question? So why? Am I still sick? Because you might have dealt with the door, but you didn't deal with the source. You got to deal with the source. Oh, hallelujah. You know, if if you eat something that disagrees with your stomach and your stomach hurts, we can pray for the pain in your stomach, but you still got to quit eating what caused the problem. Right? So we can close the door. Well, you know, I found I hadn't forgiven, or uh, or you know, in reality I've been doing whatever. Okay, well, let's quit doing that, but now we've got to deal with the source. So the door's closed, praise God. He's not gonna get in through there. But he's still gonna try to get in. And so we got to deal with him in James 4. James 4. And you know, you have to have a uh absolute, I'll just say it this way, you have to have an absolute hatred for the devil. You gotta hate him. You know, and and a lot of times, you know, in Christendom, we don't like that word hate, and it is a very powerful word. When my kids were growing up, they got spanked for sure for two things, lying and using the word hate. We don't do that. If I heard him say I hate you, you're getting a whipping. Why? Because that's a strong word. That's a strong word. It's akin to I hate you enough, I dislike you enough to kill you. Hatred and murder are interchangeable throughout the scripture. Right? So we don't hate anybody. We hate the devil. We hate sickness, we hate disease, we hate poverty. That's what that's who that word is reserved for. And so when you begin to dislike, to hate the devil on that level, notice in James 4, 7, it says, submit yourself therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. So, first of all, we have a progression. First of all, submit myself to God. Well, that is obviously submitting myself to God, submitting myself to God for his inspection, submitting myself to God for him to show me if I'm missing it somewhere. I submit myself to God. Right? But I also submit to his word. This is what your word says, this is what I believe. So the first step is submitting myself to God. Notice it doesn't say the first step is looking for why you got sick. Or looking for the door, or trying to find out the reason. It says submit to God. Why? Because if I submit myself to God, if there's a problem, he'll show me. Right? I talked about it well Sunday morning. I wasn't here Sunday morning, I was in Kansas. I talked about there's a scripture that says when you come to God, you rend your heart and not your garment. All right? I call it wringing out your heart before God. Right? Getting on your face before God and saying, if there's anything in me that's stopping you from doing what you want to do, I just wring it out. I rend my heart. I'm opening up my heart to you. Whatever it is, show me and I'll correct it. Right? Now, in a lot of circles, because we're the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, you know, that's that's a challenge for us because we're righteous and, you know, God's not holding anything against us. That's exactly right. He's not holding any sin in your past against you. He's not holding anything in your past against you. You are perfectly righteous in his sight. Right? But there's times I've got to go to God and submit to him. I'm submitting to your inspection. I'm submitting to what you want in my life. If there's anything that, if there's any area of my life that I need to change, I want you to change it. Hallelujah. Because by right of purchase, he has a right to pick out those things that may be stopping what he wants to do in my life. He has a right to say, this is the problem. I need you to get rid of that. Whatever it may be. It's that simple. Don't make anything about this hard. Well, I just, I just, I just, I'm searching and I'm you're making it hard. Just go to him and say, look, I'm ringing out my heart. If there's anything that I need to do to speed this up, just show me. Well, the Bible says he's faithful. Right? He's faithful. You ask him. He said, you ask me, John 14, John 16. He said, ask me, ask anything in my name, and I'll do it. Amen. So James 4, 7, he said, submit yourselves to God, resist the devil, and he will flee from you. That word flee means to run, to fly, to scamper away. So resist the devil and he'll run. He'll fly away, he'll scamper away. One translation, I think, the amplified Bible says, as in stark terror, he'll leave from you. So if the devil will run, fly, and scamper away from you by resisting him, sickness and disease will run, fly, and scamper away by resisting them. Because you resist anything of the devil, and you're resisting the devil. You know, there are people that the friends they have, they're of the devil, and if they would just resist them, their life would get a lot better.
unknown: Amen.
SPEAKER_01: Hanging around with people being used by the devil and wonder why the devil's winning. I had a youth pastor one time that uh there was a young lady that started coming into coming to church, and she kind of had an eye for him. And every time I would get around her, my spirit would just do flip-flops. Like this isn't right. I don't know what's going on, but this isn't right. And and she came to me one time and let me know that you know she kind of had eyes for him. Then she just scampered off. Well, I grabbed him up just as soon as I could. I said, John, let me tell you something. He said, What? I said, that is not for you. Now you do whatever you want to do, but that is not for you. Because if you get with that, you're gonna open a door to the devil into your life. This is so important. But Pastor, I thought we were talking about healing. We are. You resist anything of the devil, right? Then you're resisting the devil. So I resist the symptoms, I resist the sickness, I resist whatever the diagnosis. But here's the thing: I've already submitted myself to God. If there's something I need to change, he'll tell me. Now I gotta resist the devil. Submit to God, resist the devil. Right? And what will he do? He will flee from you. So notice, I have one part here. Submit to God and resist the devil. That's my part. If you make anything as easy as it can be, the results are magnified. Right? You know, if you if you've ever, and obviously in the day of social media, you know, uh, we say things like, you know, Google is your friend, and and it's not really, I think, in a lot of areas, but nonetheless, uh, you know, YouTube, you can go, you can find a YouTube video about almost anything. Right? Hallelujah. But here's the thing. I'm the kind of person I need it concise and packaged. Just give me what I the answer I'm looking for. Right? So you you you Google, you know, you you search YouTube about how to do something, and you know, maybe it's whatever, you know, health and fitness or whatever, and and the thumbnail will be like, you know, five easy ways to do this or whatever. And you're like, oh, that that looks good. And then the guy, he, you know, he goes into all these long, drawn-out explanations. Don't need all that. Just how do I get from here to there? Right? Back before the days of GPS, you'd ask somebody how to get somewhere, and you know you always had that person. All I needed to know, go five miles down here, turn right, it's a mile up on the left. It's all I need to know. What street do I need to turn on? But you'd always run into that guy. Now, there'll be a shell station on the right, and then over here is a burger joint. I don't need all that. I'm not going to shell or the burger joint. What street do I turn on? Right? I don't need to know all that. Here's what I need to know right here. Here's what I need to know. Okay, number one, submit myself to God. Number two, resist the devil. And then the greatest part of it, number three, he'll flee from you. So even though he is the source, even though he is the instigator of sickness, disease, pain, and destruction, right? Because the greater one lives in me, I submit myself to God, I resist him, and he flees from me. That's all I need to know. And then that becomes your prayer life, that becomes your confession, that becomes your your uh uh declaration. I have submitted myself to God, I have resisted the devil, and he has fled from me. And that's it. Amen. And you'll see more health in your body. I'll close with this. Uh I've talked a lot in these in these classes, these sessions about faith and denial and and the difference between the two. But you know, in denial, you can't resist the devil. Because you cannot resist anything that you deny you have. Amen. I remember uh I was dealing with a situation one time. A person had gone to the doctor to the emergency room for something uh that was going on, and the doctors were trying to find out what was happening, and they came back in the room, and of course I was there because they had asked me to be there, and I was there, and uh the doctor said, Well, we don't have an answer for this. They were talking about a fever or something the person was dealing with, but they said we did find um what we believe is the source of your pain, and they said we did find several masses in your body, on your pancreas, your liver, these different things. And um, well, I mean, we were silent for a minute. I mean, you know, it wasn't my place to say anything. And I remember the person just said, Oh, I don't have any masses. They just found them. You do. How can I resist if I won't admit? Right? See, the the the reason I'm saying this is because the enemy thrives in ignorance and and it's just a a lack of understanding about faith to say if I just don't talk about it, it'll go away. No, it won't. If you don't talk about it, you're not doing anything to make it go away. Charles Capp said, how can the mountain move when you speak to it if you're not speaking to it? So all of these things that we've taken together. Together or today, if we take them together, all right. It's I got to deal with the source, but I got to deal with the source by my words. Right? Okay, Satan, I recognize you're the source of this opposition in my body, and I'm resisting you, I'm taking authority over you, I'm commanding health into my body in the name of Jesus, and you have to flee from me. Right? Hallelujah. Don't don't ever don't ever be concerned to just understand and comprehend I'm dealing with this issue in my body, but in the name of Jesus, I know the source of it. See, I know the source of it, and I know the source of healing. And everywhere that I read in the Bible, healing always ran out sickness. Always one. Always. Sickness never beat Jesus. The only time people stayed sick in the presence of Jesus is when they wouldn't believe. That's it. Every other time they were all healed. Hallelujah. That's how I that's how I know that what you've been walking through, watching online in the room, that's how I know that it's coming to an end. I know you're healed. Why? Because healing always comes. It always wins. Hallelujah. Father, I thank you today. Lord, that every bone in our body was knit together by you. Every ligament, Father, was constructed by you. Every joint was constructed by you. And Father, they may say this, that, or the other. They may say this is an issue. This is broken. This is torn. This is separated. This is whatever. But Father, you are the connector. And you are the restorer. And you are the one that interweaves and intertwines. And Father, I've seen you. I've seen you produce cartilage where they said there was no cartilage. I've seen you produce body parts when they said there was no body parts. Father, I saw you produce pregnancy in a woman that had had her ovaries irradiated by radiation and destroyed, and then had all of them taken out, and yet your word working in her produced a baby that should not have been possible. You did that. Live. With a brand new heart put in them by you. Hallelujah. Because the source, Father, the source of that destruction was the devil. And the source of that destruction of that boy's heart was the devil. And because you're my eternal loving father, you made a new heart. You put new ovaries in that lady's body. Father, you're the one that's healed every blind eye I've ever seen open. You're the one that's healed every deaf ear I've ever seen open. Father, we've seen people raised from the dead because you're the life giver. And so, Father, I just speak over every person present today. Whatever the issue is, the pain in your body must leave, it must scamper, it must run away in the name of Jesus. Your bones are being knit, your tendons are being knit. Your joints are being knit in the name of Jesus. If arteries need to open, they're opening in the name of Jesus. Your mind is sound, your mind is well, anxiousness must flee, depression must flee in the name of Jesus. Your joints are so are strong and supple in the name of Jesus. We irradiate the curse with the word of God. We have an incurable condition of health, and no amount of sickness and disease can cure it. We are well and whole in Jesus' name. Father, I thank you for it in Jesus' name. I magnify you. You are my eternal Father, my eternal father that loves me with an everlasting love. And Father, you said, as my eternal loving Heavenly Father, you said that you would take sickness and disease from our midst. You said, You said that we would lay hands on the sick and they would recover. You said that we would speak to those things and they would leave their bodies. And so we just agree with you. We just agree with you and we magnify you. And we thank you for being our healer, our forever healer, our forevermore healer, our eternal healer, the God that eternally loves us, the God that eternally cares for us, the God that eternally shows us mercy and grace and long suffering and favor. You are my eternal Father. You always hear me. You always hear me when I pray. You always hear any of your children when we pray. And Father, we thank you that because you heard us, we're healed. We thank you because you heard us, we're well. We'll not pay attention to lying vanities. We'll not pay attention to symptoms that are no evidence that we're not healed. We're healed in spite of the symptoms. We're healed in spite of what we feel or see or may experience. Because none of those things are based on truth. They are only based on things that can be changed. Father, regardless of the report that anyone in this room or watching online has received, that thing is subject to change. Because at one point it was not there. And if it wasn't there and it showed up, it means if it is there, it can be not there again in the name of Jesus. And so we choose to believe that it's not there, it's gone in the name of Jesus. And if we can still feel it, or if we can still see it, if we can still touch it, that doesn't matter. We believe what your word says. And we submit ourselves to God and we resist the devil and he flees from us in Jesus' name. Now, Father, we praise you for it. You are our eternal God that loves us with an everlasting love. Say this out loud, my God, my Father God, my God who loves me eternally, loves me too much to let me be sick, to let me be in pain. He's taking it right now. The sickness, he's taking it, the pain, he's taking it, the fear he's taking it, because he loves me too much to let me live with it in the name of Jesus. Glory be to God.
SPEAKER_00: Hallelujah.
SPEAKER_01: Hallelujah. And your days will be filled with joy, and your days will be filled with peace, and your days will be filled with vitality, and your days will be filled with the joy of the Lord. For my purpose, the Lord says, and my desire is that you live a life of heaven upon the earth. That's what Jesus came to earth to do to bring heaven to the earth. And when he left, the kingdom stayed in the earth. And the kingdom of God is joy and peace in the Holy Ghost. And so from this day, the Lord says, your life will be marked and earmarked with the joy of the Lord, the peace of the Lord, and the overcoming victory of the Lord in the name of Jesus. Hallelujah.
SPEAKER_00: Oh hallelujah. Oh, hallelujah. Hallelujah. Glory to God. Amen. Hallelujah.
SPEAKER_01: Whoo, glory. Thank you, Jesus. Lord, we praise you. We magnify you. We thank you in the name of Jesus.
SPEAKER_00: Hallelujah. God is so good. Ha ha ha. Thank you, Father.
SPEAKER_01: Ah. So why should I worry at all? My Father has it. Every single time. The Lord will provide. Oh, hallelujah. Thank you, Jesus. Oh, hallelujah. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm not going to lose any time thinking about it. I'm just going to shout and glorify God that I'm healed and I'm well and I'm whole in the name of Jesus. If there's anything I need to change, he'll show me. He's faithful. He's faithful to tell me. He's faithful to reveal it to me. In the name of Jesus. Hallelujah. Thank you, Father. Well, we're grateful for everyone being here today, watching online. God bless you. Amen for being with us for another great healing show.