SPEAKER_00: Hi, my name is Michelle Steele. Pastor Philip and I want to thank you for listening to this message from Life of Faith Church. We have more resources available to help you build your faith and bring your world by the Word of God. From our website, lifeoffface.net, you can connect to our YouTube channel. Watch the live stream feed from our church services. Access books and downloads in our web store. And discover more about Life of Faith Church, producing life city, state, nation, and world. Visit lifeoffaith.net today.
SPEAKER_03: We are so pleased to be back with you all. And um it's been nine years. A lot of things have gone on. But um I told my wife, and I'm I'm gonna bring this up, and don't take this off our preaching time. Um I said, I'm only I since I was in the hospital near five years ago, I said, I'm only going back to the places that prayed for me. And I'm ticking another one off. Because you all prayed for me. And uh you said, you were I look good tonight. Thank you. I do. I'm here. I'm breathing. My wife said, all you need to do is breathe and believe.
SPEAKER_02: We were warring so for him, and he said, What do I do? I said, Oh, you just lay there and breathe and believe. And every time you breathe out, you say, I believe, and then you breathe in again. And you breathe out and you say, I believe. And you release your faith, and we'll do the work, and you get healed.
SPEAKER_03: I have eight days of my life I don't remember. And so if you don't remember it, then while you're there, you're not conscious enough to pray for yourself. But somehow, somehow I knew people were praying for me. Just like uh Eli and Samuel, when he got in that bed and he was in position, it said that the Lord appeared at the foot of his bed. I was not alone in that hospital. So thank you for not leaving me alone in that hospital. Because without you, I'd be with him. That was okay too. But you weren't finished, but it wasn't my time. And uh, this little prayer warrior, she rallied everybody around and uh she got them all praying for me. And uh the doctor said to me, and I'm uh I just want to encourage you because he said, if if you can take four steps, you can go home.
SPEAKER_02: This was after nine days.
SPEAKER_03: Actually, on the 11th day, he and this young lady came up to me and I don't think she weighed 70 pounds. And she said, We're gonna get you out of bed. I said, Well, sweetheart, I don't know how long I've been here, but I know as long as I've been here, I haven't been out of this bed. And I said, I don't know. And she said, Oh, I do. And she took my legs and I'd lost 32 pounds and it was muscle. And she stood me up, I and she said, Now you have to walk four steps, and that oxygen meter cannot drop.
SPEAKER_02: I had made an agreement with the doctor. He he's gonna take four steps and you're gonna let him out. He said, if he can take four steps, I'll let him out.
SPEAKER_03: Well, I took two and that meter just and she said, You need to get back in bed. So I got back in bed and I said, Well, what are we gonna do? She said, We're gonna try tomorrow. Well, my wife called me and she said, I do not care what you have to do, but you're gonna take those four steps, and we're gonna get you home. And I don't know if you men, but I got one of those wives. And she said, You take those four steps, and I took four steps, and I've been walking ever since.
SPEAKER_02: Amen.
SPEAKER_03: Thank you all for your prayers.
SPEAKER_02: You know, I I'm glad you brought that up. Uh it wasn't in our what where we where we planned to go, but I believe the Spirit of God wanted this said. Uh it was the power of the Word, and the power of the Spirit of God working hand in hand in your life. You you you cannot be without either. You have to have the power of the word, and you have to have the Spirit of God leading the word in you. And the doctor had told Harry on the second day he was in there he had an hour to live, and he needed to call his family and tell us all goodbye and give the deathbed speech. And so I have two grown sons, they have their own homes, and it was five o'clock in the morning, so I'm trying to raise two boys. If anybody's got boys in their 30s, you know what I'm talking about, and get them to come to my house so he can talk to all three of us at once on the phone because he didn't have any energy, and the doctor's standing there. And so he starts telling the deathbed speech to the sons and me. And I looked over at Harry when he was finished and I said, Son, do you receive that? And he said, I don't receive that. And I looked at Roman, I said, Roman, do you receive that? And Roman said, I don't receive that. I said, Well, I don't receive that either. And the moment I said, I don't receive that, the Spirit of God said to me, Corinthians 7.4. Now I could not recall what Corinthians 7.4 was at that moment in that conversation. So I just handed the phone to one of my sons. Harry kept trying to speak. I stepped inside, grabbed my Bible, stepped back outside, opened it to 1 Corinthians. I thought, well, we'll start there. And as I opened it up, I started to laugh because the scripture opened to, for the husband does not own his own body, but the wife does.
SPEAKER_03: I can't even go on my own.
SPEAKER_02: And I said to Harry, I said, Well, I'm sorry that you spent all that energy giving us that long talk because you don't even have the right to leave without my permission. I'm on your body, and I'm telling you, your body is not leaving the earth and you're going nowhere. And so I said to the doctor, I said, Are you still listening? And he said, Yes, ma'am. And I said, I want you to look on the bottom of his foot. And he said, What am I looking for? And I could hear him rustling the cover. And I said, Dig his foot out. Look, I want you to look on the bottom of his foot. So he said, he said, okay, I could hear him. And he he I could tell he had it in his hand. He said, What am I looking for? And I said, An expiration date. I said, You didn't make him. You don't get to say when he expires. And so that was the beginning of the spiritual war and the spirit of God giving me direction every day through his word and the spirit. He called himself during those 11 days. He's never done it before and he hasn't done it since. He said, Call me commander in chief. And every day I would go to him and I would say, Commander and chief, tell me today what to do. And every day he told me what to do. And on that 11th day, on the third day, I had 50 people, about 25 chauffeurs, flags. We had all kinds of worship music and 20 cars. And the Spirit of God said, I want you to go around the hospital seven times and declare that he is healed. If you probably saw me do it on Facebook, don't show him. I don't want him to ever know. And uh I went around and everybody went with us and we prayed and we prophesied and we'd stop and we'd put our hands toward the hospital. And on the fourth trip around, we stopped each time. On the fourth trip around, security came. Yes. And I had my big sword in one hand and Oral's Bible in the other one. And uh they started calling my name as they got out of the car. They said, Mrs. Salem, Mrs. Salem, and my pastor friend starts patting me on the leg. They're calling you by name. They're calling you, they know your name. And I said, I know. And so as they got closer, I could tell he was gonna tell me we had to stop. But as he got right up by me, he stopped and he said, About how much longer? He couldn't even say you have to stop. About how much longer. And I said, Well, the Spirit of God told me seven times and we've done four. We need to do three more circles. And uh he looked like he wanted to say you need to stop. And he said, Well, do you mind if we join you? And I said, I don't mind a bit. You can pull up in the 21st car and pull up the rear. He said, That's what we'll do. And they all just got back in their car and we finished. And I say that to you to tell you, listen to the Spirit of God and do what he tells you to do, and declare the word he gives you, and take it to the court of heaven and get the job done for God because we are not finished yet.
SPEAKER_03: I'll I'll add something to that, but if you want, open your Bibles to um 2 Thessalonians 2 verse 3. Am I right, Mom?
SPEAKER_02: That's correct. I have a book for you, the Holy Spirit. It's not even the. He said, My name's not the Holy Spirit, my name's Holy Spirit. So that's why it's called that. Who would like this? I'm gonna give it to you. You know, this ma'am.
SPEAKER_03: As Gerald does that, I was so grateful for the doctors and the nurses and the and uh uh the the lady I did not know that just brought me blankets. You know, but I'll know her one day in heaven. And uh I was on oxygen for six months, and I'm saying this to you because things are sometimes healing's a process.
SPEAKER_01: I walk away.
SPEAKER_03: And uh I was walking, pulling my oxygen tank, and she'd drive a little golf cart, and I'd have to sit down, I'd walk a little bit, sit down and walk a little bit. But after six months, I got off the oxygen. And someone said to me, said, Um, you must be so happy that you're off of the oxygen. I said, I look at it differently. I'm so grateful that some human created portable oxygen that allowed me to breathe until I could breathe on my own. And it's your healing is a stepping stone to a walkway, to a sidewalk, to a doorway, to a hallway, to a gateway, to a highway, and then you get home. And that's how it worked for me, and I've been in the healing process for near five years. But I'm grateful. I'm grateful. And sometimes we miss the little things. But that little lady that that brought four or five blankets on me just keep me warm. I I do not know her name, I would not recognize because they were all covered, you know, with uh like look like beekeepers. But boy, am I grateful for her. So be grateful for the little things. Be grateful for the little things.
SPEAKER_02: I grabbed another brand new book for you an intimate journey into your secret place. It's a book on prayer, and I believe it will bless you.
SPEAKER_03: And when the Lord tells you in the middle of the night, hit your knees and pray for someone, pray. Because you might not realize it, but you might be in a situation that you need someone praying for you, and the Lord will wake them up. And uh our message tonight, and I I talked to Pastor Philip about um encouraging you about the last push to get people to heaven. There's been a falling away in Christianity in church today, over the last five years. And in Thessalonians, you want to read a mother?
SPEAKER_02: Thessalonians, I'm gonna start with verse one, but relative to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah, I'm in the Amplified Bible, by the way, and our gathering together to meet him, that's two separate events. We beg you, brethren, verse two, not to allow your minds to be quickly unsettled or disturbed or kept excited or alarmed, whether it be by some pretended revelation of the Spirit or by word or by letter alleged to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has already arrived and is here. Let no one deceive or beguile you in any way, for that day will not come except the apostasy comes first, unless the predicted great falling away of those who have professed to be Christians has come, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, who is the son of doom of perdition. We just want to focus in on this right here, because I get asked this so often uh by a lot of the disciples that I feel like I've been training the last 10 years. They asked me, Is there going to be another revival? And I said, Well, if you're waiting on it for your loved ones to get saved, you're in trouble. You you cannot wait on some great wave to come when you are the wave. That's right. You're the wave of revival in your family, community, neighborhood, job, whatever. Stop looking for somebody else to do something because the only thing that we know for sure is coming is a great falling away. And it's not a great falling away of people, it's a great falling away of the church. And I love how the amplified states here those who profess to be Christians.
SPEAKER_03: Now, flip in your Bible while you have that in your mind to Matthew, the 25th chapter, verse 1, Matthew 25, verse 1. The reason we're saying this is because in the last five years, when the churches were shut down and then churches have been opened back up, as we've traveled this country, the the thread that we hear through churches is 50% of our people did not come back. 50% have left. And it's not just one person and it's not one state. This is across the country. We've been in Louisiana, we've been in Alabama, we've been in Mississippi, we've been in California, we've been in Michigan, we've been Arizona. It's all over. And then and then the comment is but out of the 50% that came back to church, 25% of them we've never met before. So the number is 75%. Where did they go? That's the question. And these are not people that were not church. They were not church people. They were church people. They were attending church, they were regular attending church. But for some reason, they got into this casualness about, well, I just don't have to go to church anymore. I don't see the value in going to church. I um I have too many other things than to go to church. And so, you know, I'm I'm a good person, so I get to go to heaven whether I go to church or not. Well, going to church isn't just about getting to heaven. Going to church is about bringing someone with you so that they can experience the same thing that you've experienced, the salvation of your life.
SPEAKER_02: And so this I I'm glad you said that because so many times I hear, well, I stopped going to church because I just stopped getting anything. I said, Well, when did church become about you getting some? Church is about you giving some. I come to church to be a blessing, to be to bring my gifts to the Lord, to worship him. And maybe church is not about give me, give me, give me. My name is Jimmy. Maybe church is about what can I give to the Lord? What can I be a blessing to the house? I feel like we have gotten so into this society, and it's not an age, it's it's a culture. So culture is every age.
SPEAKER_03: Now I'm gonna pitch this to her, and don't correct me until she does. The Bible says that um we gather together.
SPEAKER_02: That's not true. That is not what it says.
SPEAKER_03: It says I'm pitching it to her.
SPEAKER_02: Forsake not, he doesn't say forsake not the gathering. It says forsake not the assembling. My husband loves a 1958 Corvette. He looked he looks at it in pictures. He's seen one before. He likes that car so much. And one day when I was meditating on that scripture, forsake not the assembling together, because we've seen so much of that forsaken in the last few years, I said, Lord, I don't understand what's happening. And he he brought it to me like this, and he brought that car to my mind. He said, You could search the world over, get every nut and bolt, every part of that car, and you could gather it together and put every piece of that car right down to the tires in your garage, and it would not be a 1958 Corvette. It would just be all the parts gathered. He said, It doesn't become the car, the useful tool, until it's assembled. And he said, that's what's been wrong with our culture, is we got very good at gathering, but we never assembled. And because we didn't assemble, we had no purpose, no power, no ability to get anywhere. And it really helped me understand the difference in these big great gatherings, but are we assembled? Because without the assembling together, we're just a bunch of parts with no power and no effectiveness.
SPEAKER_03: So instead of going to a gathering, we need to get people into church so that they can get put back together, and then we will look like the body of Christ. And then once that car, or once they're put back together, then you can take the car, turn it on, and it has some power and it can go somewhere. And where are we gonna go? We're going to heaven. And that's what we got to do. We've got to get the power to get people to go to heaven. Now, scripturally, in the 25th chapter, in the first verse, it says, The kingdom of heaven shall be likened to the ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now, five of them were wise and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them. But the wise took the oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. And at the midnight there was a cry heard. Behold, the bridegroom is coming. Go out and meet him. And all those virgins arose, trimmed their lamps, and the foolish said to the wise, Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out. But the wise answered, saying, No, least there should not be enough oil for us and you, but go rather to those who sell and buy the oil for yourselves. And while they went to buy the oil, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went with him to the wedding, and the door was shut. Now, in that context, it says, you can get this freely, but if you fall asleep, there's going to be a price to pay. But even after the price is paid, there's going to be a time when that door will be shut.
SPEAKER_02: So it's pretty easy to say then in this story, it starts out saying, it's like the kingdom of heaven. So we're not talking about the world and the church. This is about the kingdom of heaven. This is about the very Christians we just read about in 2 Thessalonians, and they are all waiting for the bridegroom. And they all have lamps, and and while he lingers, they all go to sleep. All of them. Wow. And then they all, and I didn't notice this until recently, in the last two weeks, they all heard the shout. They all heard the shout, get up, he's coming. Never noticed that before. Even those left behind heard the shout. They all heard the shout, they all got up, they all trimmed their lamps. And the five that had more than enough oil, the amplified says they had F L A S K S flasks of oil. They had oil, they had lamps, and they had extra oil. And so the extra oil, they were ready, they're trimming their lamps, they're ready. The five that didn't have enough oil, 50% didn't have enough oil. They had oil. Well, they had land. They just didn't have enough. And so they turned. People think entitlement is our our generation? That's entitlement right there. Give me what I didn't have. You have more than enough. Give me what you got. Entitlement. That's a spirit. That's not a culture. That's not this generation. That's a spirit. I didn't earn it, but I want you to give it to me. Here, the ten that split half and half, five had done the work to have more than enough oil. The five that hadn't said, give us some of yours. They said, we don't have enough to give to you. Go and buy. What they had cost nothing in the right season. But if you wait till the wrong season, it will cost you what was freely given. So they go and they get it, they buy it somehow, and they come back with the enough oil. But while they're gone, the bridegroom Jesus comes and the door is shut. So that means half of the kingdom of heaven, this is what the kingdom of heaven is. When Jesus comes, I'm not saying they'll miss heaven, but they're certainly going to miss the first load. I don't know. People say to me, Well, how do I how do I make sure? I said, I don't even know how you do it. I know how I do it. I don't even care if you miss it. I am not missing it. That's what it comes down to. I can't make you be ready, but I can tell you how to be. And it was about the extra oil. Now I didn't realize until I started writing that secret place book. How did they have extra oil? Because they were all saved. They even had the Holy Spirit because they had oil. They just didn't have enough. And it's about that shutting of the door there. Look at Matthew 6 while you while we're not even finished there, but look at Matthew 6. In Matthew 6, Jesus is teaching his disciples how to pray. And he starts out telling them how not to. Don't be religious, don't make a big show. And he gets down to chapter uh chapter 6, verse 6, and he says, but you read it in the in the YouTube judges. Matthew 6, 6, go to it. But you, when you pray, go into your, and some translations say your secret place, some say your most private room.
SPEAKER_03: But when you pray, go into your room. And when you have shut your door, pray to your father, who is in a secret place, and your father who sees in secret will reward you.
SPEAKER_02: Okay, so it's one sentence, one verse, but read it again, and I'm on account every time you say you or your.
SPEAKER_03: But you when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your six father who is in a secret place and your father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
SPEAKER_02: In one sentence, he says you are your eight times. This is not fairy dust. This is not somebody praying for you at the altar. This is not somebody pouring enough oil on your head. This is you disciplining yourself to get on your knees and go in your door and shut your door. This is you shut your door. Nobody's gonna shut it for you. Nobody's gonna come along and shut the door and keep you in the presence of God Almighty. You gotta do that yourself. And you gotta do it enough that you have enough oil that when even you go to sleep, because it says we all will. Is that not the most amazing thing? I can only have enough oil when I stay at my Abba's feet long enough to keep building up my flasks of oil in his presence because there's no oil coming from anywhere else. But I have to shut my door. Now I go into my room, and the most amazing thing to me about that is my father waits in my secret place while I am not there. Really? What a father. We're not even there, and he's like, I'm here, I'm waiting for you. I'm waiting for you to get over yourself, to get in your room. I I'm right here, I'm not meeting you there. I'm there already. And he waits and he waits and he says, Come in and shut your door. I'm right here, and I'm gonna see you when you do, and I'm gonna reward you for it.
SPEAKER_03: Now I'm gonna flip to another scripture for you. We're giving you a lot of scriptures, but it all ties together because you need to see how this about there's gonna be a day when the door shut. In 2 Kings, the fourth chapter, verse 1, says, A certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophet cried out to Elisha, saying, Your servant, my husband, has died. And you know that your servant feared the Lord, and the creditor is coming to take my two sons to be his slaves. So Elisha said to her, What shall I do for you? Now here's the key. He says, What do you need? Make your petition known.
SPEAKER_02: He needed her to say it.
SPEAKER_03: What is your petition? A lot of us don't want to share what's going on in our life because we want to do these things privately. Well, the Lord already knows, but sometimes we need to speak it out to those who are in charge. And that's why we come to church. There are people who will not condemn you, but they're going to encourage you. Because they've already been through what you've been through. So he says, tell me what you so Elisha says to her, What shall I do of you? Tell me, and she didn't answer. He said, Tell me, what do you have in the house?
SPEAKER_02: And what can I work with? But do you have a value in the house?
SPEAKER_03: And she said, Your maidservant has nothing. But a jar of oil. Now wait a minute.
SPEAKER_02: So she, even though she had a little oil and and the history of nothing. She has the oil, but she devalues it. Are we in our society devaluing the power of the Holy Spirit in our life? When we already have him, but do we value him enough to use the power of the Holy Spirit day in and day out in our lives?
SPEAKER_03: And then he said to her, Go borrow vessels from everywhere and from your neighbors, empty vessels. Do not gather just a few. And he's saying is you need to have a bigger vision than you've had before. And when you have come in, shut the door. I'm going to read it. You shall shut the door. You shut the door. He didn't say, I'm going to shut the door. He said, You shut the door behind you and your sons or your family. Then pour it, pour into all those vessels, and set aside the full ones. So she went from him and shut the door behind her, and her sons who brought the vessels to her, and she poured it out. Now it came to pass when the vessels were full, that she said to her sons, Bring me another vessel. And he said to her, There is not another vessel, and thus the oil ceased. If those boys would have known that the oil would never have stopped running, they'd have picked up more vessels. But they were limited in their thinking. We are starting to limit ourselves in this world by the things that we see and what we think. Because we're now getting our information from the Internet and not the Holy Spirit. Because the Internet will tell you what you should think and what you need to see. There was a time when we used to teach computers what to do. Now the computers teach us what to do. Well, there was a computer 2,000 years ago that put 700,000 words in 66 books in the Bible that'll teach you what to do. But we'd rather run to the computer.
SPEAKER_02: Then we do go into your secret place and shut your door and hear your commander in chief tell you what to do.
SPEAKER_03: Now there's another story in the Bible that follows that. And the prophet came and he said he laid the staff on him and he shut the door. And the child's breath came back. Now, you understand this is all about getting alone with God. Getting alone with God, getting alone with God.
SPEAKER_02: Being religious will not do it. You have to develop, develop relationship. And for some of us, like I've been filled with the Holy Ghost for 52 years, say for 55 years, I have to redevelop it. Because if you're not careful, you get casual in your relationship with the Lord. And you take him for granted, and you even begin to mentally assent to what you think you know. And instead of releasing your faith, you just, I know that, God. Oh, I know that. But if you actually would release your faith with your knowing, then it would work again. And he will remind you of the things that you have laid down and forgotten. But you go, oh, I know that. I know that. Somebody's preaching a sermon, they open a scripture, you know, you go, oh man. I was hoping it'd be a new scripture. Well, really? You don't have all of this one yet. It's so multiple deep. Have you dug deep into it? Have you sat with it and ate it and chewed it and got all the juice you could get out of it? Because there's so much in his word. It's alive and new every day. If we only had one verse, it would be enough.
SPEAKER_03: You know, Cheryl sang that song, It's your breath, in my lungs. She sings that song because about 10 or 15 years ago we had got separated in our ministry. She had to go to one place, and I got called by a pastor to come and cover for him. And uh my son picked me up at the airport. And uh I get in the car and he's gonna drive me and stay with me that night and go to service with me. And and he said, Dad, um, I are you okay? I said, I I'm I I don't feel well. I said, I'm I'm having a hard time breathing and and my back is hurting. Well, I know the signs of it. I I I believe I believe what was happening was the onset of pneumonia. And um he said, Well, should we go get something to eat? I said, No, son, I can't eat tonight because there's no minister there tomorrow, and there's three services. And if I get food poisoning, there's no one there to deliver the message. This is how I think. And so he said, Well, what do you want me to do? I said, just take me to the room, you go get something to eat, and I'm going to bed. And so I went to bed and he got me up in the morning and he said, Dad, how you feel? I said, I still feel that way. And he said, Well, what should we do? I said, I've got to go. I have to be there. Because there are people coming. And I made a commitment. And so I show up and I'm sitting in the front row, and the worship team comes out and they begin to sing that song. Never heard that song before in my life. But all of a sudden, I'm sitting there going, It's your breath in my lungs. All I do is pour out my praise, and all of a sudden, my fever left, my back stopped hurting, and I preached three services that day. Fifteen years later, I'm in the hospital. She has a song that we already know that I have a connection with. See, you come to church and you think, well, they sang a song, or he preached a sermon, you might not know that that sermon or that song that day will be pertinent to you 15 years later. That's why the Bible is alive because you read it one day, but until you find yourself in a situation, that Bible does not come alive for the situation you're in, but you read it and now it's pertinent in your life. That's why you come to church. Because you remember something someone said 15 years ago or sang, and she would she would sing that song. I'm laying there in the bed and I don't remember, but she would just sing me and sing to me and sing to me and sing to me. I got out and she said, Do you remember me singing to you? No. I don't. I do now. Because my memories come back. But now, why am I saying that to you? It's because we've gotten so away from church. And we've taken God's power casually. And we've gotten casual about going to church. We were we we travel an awful lot, and Pastor Cole and I we were talking about we travel commercially on the airplanes, and it's getting very difficult. And and um I will tell you this: I am being healed of the anxiety that came upon me uh in that hospital. The anxiousness, but I still uh and so my wife knows, okay, instead of showing up for the flight 10 minutes early, where we might miss the plane because they're loading them earlier now. I say, I need to get there and wait an hour. I want to be sitting there an hour. And she's like, okay, whatever brings you peace. And um, so I will separate our flight connections so I have more time because now they'll give you 28 minutes to get from one flight to another flight. And and I will tell her, you go and I'll pull the suitcases and hold the door. You know, they won't hold the door for me, but look at her, they'll hold the door for her. And um, and so we were we were in an airport and uh we were seated and uh we watched people. We walk, we just well, I like to watch people. And there were people going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, and they had these big cups of coffee now. And I said, I wonder what a cup of coffee in the Chicago airport costs now. So I went up there, it was like nine dollars for a cup of coffee, and it isn't even the big one, they only give you the medium ones now. And then if you want anything else in the add on, and and and there was a line of people spending nine dollars for a cup of coffee. I came back, she said, Did you get a cup of coffee? I said, no. I'm not gonna pay nine dollars for a cup of coffee. I said, but look at all these people paying that. I said, I said, I said,$100, just walk by. And so we're sitting there, and uh the the gate that was in front of us and the flight before us, the gal closed the door and was removing the um the the the the flight numbers, the information, and uh our flight was gonna be the next flight. All of a sudden, here come half a dozen folks, and they had their little suitcases, and they strolled up to the counter where that lady was with her coffee in their hand, and one of them sat the coffee on the counter. And uh the girl looked up behind the counter and she said, May I help you? And they said, Yes, we'd like to get on the flight. And the woman said, Um, well, it's we'll board that flight in about 30 minutes. No, no, not the next flight, that flight. And I said to Cheryl, you gotta watch this. And one of them back there that set their coffee down, and the woman said, Well, I'm sorry, but I've closed that flight, I've shut the door. And the gal said, Well, we got here as quickly as we could. And I poked Cheryl in the ribs again and said, This is gonna be real good. And sure as that young lady behind the counter said, Well, you had enough time to stop and get that cup of coffee. The flight is closed, and I've shut the door. I said to Cheryl, we are experiencing inhumanity today, and then the person said, Well, open the door.
SPEAKER_01: Can't you just open the door for us? She said.
SPEAKER_03: Let's inconvenience everybody else because we had to stop and get our nine-dollar cup of coffee. Norman said, I'm sorry. It shut. So we we were we were sitting there and I was chuckling, and and and this message started to come out. So we find ourselves in the next city, and the same thing was happening. We were waiting for an hour, and there was a gentleman, and he had his little suitcase, and he was running one side to another, to another. And in the Dallas airport, you know, they have they have a gate here, they have a gate here, and they have a gate here. And he was running from this gate to this gate, and I kept watching the people pointing at him, and what they were saying was, we I we can't, we don't, we're not running that gate. You need to go back to that gate. We don't have control of that gate, go back to that gate. And so this guy, you could see him perspiring, and he's pulling his cart, and he, you know, he gets he's twisting it and everything else.
SPEAKER_02: I don't know how country y'all are, but he looks like a bandy rooster, you know, when when they cut their heads off and they just keep running around. I was like, oh my god.
SPEAKER_03: And I'm chuckling, and Cheryl said, What are you laughing at? I said, Watch this guy. What's this guy? He is just going everywhere. And then all of a sudden, this young lady came up and she was dressed in pink. She had a pink outfit, pink handbag, pink suitcase.
SPEAKER_02: I really thought it might be Terry Savelle. So I I kind of stood up, I'm like, I wonder if that's Terry.
SPEAKER_03: And she walks right up to the gate where that, and she just stands there like this.
unknown: Very composed.
SPEAKER_03: Just stood there, didn't you didn't move. This guy's running all over. All of a sudden, the gate agent came down that tunnel, opened the door up, and we could hear. And she said, May I help you? Yes. My flight was delayed, and I need to get on that airplane to get to my next city. And the woman said, Well, you've waited here patiently. And I haven't shut the door on the airplane yet. And I'm going to put you on the flight. Here comes the little banny rooster. And she said, What do you need? I need to be on that plane. And she said, because this woman has waited so patiently, you get to come with her. I said to Cheryl, that's exactly what's happening in the church. When you wait for your loved ones patiently, they're running here, they're running there, they're running all over the place. Don't you move.
unknown: Just stay.
SPEAKER_03: Because the door hasn't been shut yet. Because the Bible says it is as in the days of Noah. That lady could shut the door, but in the days of Noah, it said.
SPEAKER_02: Genesis chapter 7, verse 16, I believe it is. And they entered, male and female, went in as God had commanded, and the Lord shut the shut him in and closed or shut the door. And then if you go back and look at Matthew 25 again, it says the door was shut. Now remember, the only time that the door is up to us is when we're in obedience. Obedience in Matthew 6, he said, you go in and you shut your door and you be with me. Then to the woman with the children, with the oil, the prophet said, Go in and shut your door. There is something vitally important in this season that we make the discipline to go in and be with God. Leave our phone somewhere else. Don't let the dryer button go off. Don't jump up from your prayer time with God. Those clothes can get some wrinkles. It'll be all right. We've got to learn how to focus. He deserves our attention. How can you get oil if you don't stay with him? You've got to be with him. We've got to get over being drive-through mentality. God is not a drive-thru window. We have got to be with him and allow the Spirit of God to infuse us with enough oil to make it. And to be able when we wake up. Mark chapter 4. 14, I think it is, where Jesus went in to pray, and he took the disciples and he said, You wait here. And then he took Peter, James, and John. He went in a little further and he said, You wait here and pray. And then he went on in and prayed for an hour and he came back. And what were they doing? They were they were asleep. And not just the nine, but the Peter, James, and John. They were asleep too. And Jesus said to them, I'm just going to turn there. It's just one verse I want you to see. It's in Mark 14. And Jesus comes out and he's in verse 37 he says, I came back and I found them sleeping. And Jesus said to Peter, Are you asleep? Have you not the strength to keep awake and watch with me one hour? Verse 38. Keep awake, watch, pray. Three things. Keep awake, watch, pray, that you may not enter into temptation, that you may not enter. And so then he goes back in, he says, keep awake, watch, pray. He goes back in, he prays another hour. He comes back out. Peter, James, and John sound asleep. He wakes them up again. He goes back in. Jesus prays three hours. This is the Son of God. He knew he would not be able to fulfill the task at hand if he didn't learn how to be with Father. He realized it. He comes out, he tells John, he tells Peter, he tells James, he said, I need you to keep awake, watch, and pray. I thought for years that Jesus was asking them to pray for him. For years I thought that until I actually looked at it. He didn't say anything about them praying for him. He said, I need you to learn to keep awake, watch, and pray so you don't fall into temptation. He was teaching them. If you don't pray, you're not going to make it. If you don't learn to be with Abba, if you don't learn how to shut the door and be with him, you can't make it. We cannot make it in this season. We are in the great falling away. This is not coming. It's here. And we must be able to go into the secret place and shut the door and be with Abba without the constraints of this drawing my attention and that needing me and writing a grocery list and looking on my phone and checking messages. Leave it alone. None of that's gonna save us. None of that's gonna strengthen us. We've got to keep awake, watch, and pray, because Jesus is coming. And only those who were ready got to go in. And when they did in Matthew 25, the last verse, the door was shut, verse 11. Later, the other virgins, and I have written out beside mine the unprepared ones, came also and said, Lord, Lord, open the door to us. But Jesus said, the bridegroom said, I declare to you, I do not know you. He did not say, You do not know me. Because they knew him. They were ready, they were waiting, they heard the sound. The bridegroom comes. They woke up and they still didn't make it. I don't know about you, but that shakes me to my core to make sure that I'm not just praying a prayer, got my get out of hell free card, flashing it around, I must be a Christian, I'm an American. That does not work when Jesus comes. If you don't shut the door when you're in charge of it, the door is going to shut when you're not in charge of it. And you'll be on the wrong side of it when it does.
SPEAKER_03: There's two questions. The question is, which side of the door are you gonna be on? I mean, that's the most important question. What side of the door are you gonna be on? I know which side I'm gonna be on. I know what side of the door I'm gonna be on. I told my wife, I said, laying in that hospital, with really not being conscious of what's going on around me. At that moment, I don't believe I could have made a conscious decision to ask Christ into my life.
SPEAKER_01: It would have been too late.
SPEAKER_03: But we still have an opportunity to make a conscious decision. Now, it's about making a petition for yourself. But how many of you want to make a petition for your loved one? A friend, a neighbor, someone that you've been living your life before. And you don't want them to go to hell. And and that that's the fallacy in church. Well, I go to church or I'm a good person, I get to go to heaven. No, there's there's two places heaven and hell. And and the reality of it is, where are you going? I don't want to say that in church because I would make someone uncomfortable. Let me tell you how uncomfortable hell's gonna be.
SPEAKER_01: That's right.
SPEAKER_03: And it isn't going up and shoving it down someone's throat. People watch you. They're watching you. And you might say, well, you know, I might be late. It might be too late for them because they in a bad way. And I I've been spending yesterday and today with Pastor Happy and Jeannie, and this little story came up to my mind, because we were talking about the Roberts ministry. And I'll share it with you because it really fits here. Dr. Roberts had completed one of the Great Crusades, and um he was going out to his automobile, and the man that was driving was taking him out, and his car pulls up, and it was a woman, and she got out with her child. And he came running up to him, and he said, she said, Are you uh Or Roberts? He said, Yes, I am. And she said, I've come for the service. He said, Well, the meeting's over, it's concluded, and I'm going to my hotel room. She said, I I I've been, I I I tried to get here as quick as I could, but I we had car trouble. And I've come for you to pray for my child to be healed. And he said, Well, ma'am, the meeting's over. And I'm going to the hotel room. She said, but we had car trouble. Would you just pray? And as the story was told to me, he said, ma'am, I don't think I have enough faith after praying for all these people for your child. She said, I didn't ask you to have faith. I just want you to pray. And when you pray, I'll believe. You come to church, we'll pray. You believe. He looked at that child and said, Do you believe that God could heal you? That little boy looks up and said, I don't know nothing about that. All I know is I'm supposed to be healed tonight. And the story goes, the little boy was healed. Your loved ones are supposed to go to heaven. Can we pray for you tonight? That's our message.
unknown: Thank you.
SPEAKER_03: Join hands with somebody tonight, Father. I thank you for each and every person here.
SPEAKER_02: Awaken us, Lord.
SPEAKER_03: The petition that we'll make in a moment is like the woman said, I don't want my son sold into slavery. Can you set him free?
SPEAKER_02: Awaken us, Lord.
SPEAKER_03: She made a petition. But before we make the petition for someone else, what side of the door are you gonna be on?
SPEAKER_02: Yes, Lord.
SPEAKER_03: I have to ask.
SPEAKER_02: Awake, awake, oh side.
SPEAKER_03: I will not assume what side are you gonna be on?
unknown: Awake, awake.
SPEAKER_03: I come to church, I have a cross, I have a Bible. There's a Bible in hotel rooms all over the world. There's crosses on the roadway everywhere you drive. But is your name written in the Lamb's Book of Life? Did life beat you up or beat you down? Or have you gotten off track? You're supposed to go to heaven. You're holding hands with a friend, a neighbor, a stranger. And all I'm gonna ask you to do, if you would like to receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, not by anything your mother did or your father did, but by your profession of faith tonight. And you'd like me to pray for you, squeeze the hand of the person that you're holding hands with. Or you say, I prayed it before, but I don't have a relationship when I've fallen out of relationship with my father. And I'd like to get back in the right relationship. That means a rededicating of your life to him. I got out of the hospital and I rededicated my life because I said, Lord, what you did for me. What can I do for you? If you want to rededicate your life, just squeeze someone's hand. And if no one looking around, no one moving around. If someone squeezed your hand, just do me a favor, take their hand, hold on to it. And if you'd like, take their hand and slip it in the air where I can see. I see hands going up. Now you may lower those hands. The reason I do that, because at the very moment you move towards him, he began to move towards you. He's been moving towards you this whole service. But the Bible says it's an outward expression of an inward change. So let's y'all express to him how we feel tonight. Would you all pray with me, along with the ones that raised their hand? Just repeat after me. Heavenly Father, tonight, we declare that Jesus Christ is Lord of my life. I'll never be the same. I turn loose in my past. I live in the present. But now I have a promise of my future with Christ Jesus. Now for your loved ones. Petition for them right now.
SPEAKER_02: I believe for available soon.
SPEAKER_03: Bible says we can call them out of darkness back into his marvelous light.
SPEAKER_01: Open their eyes, Bible.
SPEAKER_03: We're going to call them out of darkness.
SPEAKER_01: Awake, awake, go sleep.
SPEAKER_03: See, when people walk in a dark room and they they can't see to move around, but all of a sudden they spend so much time in darkness. Darkness becomes lighter and they start to see things, but they don't even realize they're in darkness. They don't even realize they're in darkness. But we're going to get them out of darkness back into God's light.
SPEAKER_02: Father, I thank you. I thank you, Lord, that they turn from darkness to light, that they come, Father, to your presence. I ask you to open their eyes so that they can see, that they turn from the power of Satan to the power of God, from the power of darkness to the power of light. I thank you, Lord, that you forgive them and you release them from their sins. I thank you, Father, that you redeem them. You've bought them and you've paid for them. And I thank you, Lord, that Holy Spirit, you draw them now so that they can see the love and feel the love that you have for them. In the name of Jesus. We call them out of darkness. In the name of Jesus, come out of a darkness. We call you out of a darkness. In the name of the community, we're in the seven. And a twenty seven you're an animal. And I'm a seven kingdom of the Lord. And then twenty one coming back to the lines. I am twenty seven year nine. We call them seven. And two of them seven house of God. And when you find you lord, twinkl them with your spirit. Triple them with your presence. Triple them. Deliver them. Spread them free and baptize them in your fire. In the name of Jesus. We believe. Everybody say, I believe. And release your faith when you say it. Hallelujah.
SPEAKER_03: So be it.
SPEAKER_02: So be it.
SPEAKER_03: Thank you all for having us. Thank you for your prayers. Thanks for praying for me. I appreciate your prayers and your continued prayers.