SPEAKER_00: Hi, my name is Michelle Steele. Pastor Philip and I want to thank you for listening to this message from Life of Faith Church. We have more resources available to help you build your faith and frame your world by the Word of God. From our website, lifeoffaith.net, you can connect to our YouTube channels. Watch the live stream feed from our church services. Access books and downloads in our web store. And discover more about Life of Faith Church, producing like city, state, nation, and world. Visit lifeoffaith.net today.
SPEAKER_01: And amen. Let's go over to John 10. And uh we want to minister for the next little bit that we have together uh on this subject, this topic, the source of sickness. And uh, you know, I have uh I have studied healing, ministered healing for decades. And uh we've had healing school in our churches ever since we started our churches. Or we have healing school now every Tuesday at 10:30. Uh one of our best attended classes. Uh people from we have Catholics that attend that class, we have Baptists that come, we have uh all kinds of people, people from outside our church that come because people want to know what the Word of God has to say. They they need health, they need physical healing. And um I say that to say, so healing is not a side issue with me. It's not something that I teach on every now and then. Well, I need to teach on healing, you know, for a little bit. There's a healing anointing on our ministry, and to properly steward it, I have to consistently minister along those lines. If you have a healing anointing on your life, if you're never using it, you're gonna lose it. It's not gonna function when you need it to function because that's not how it operates. The more that I minister along the lines that God has gifted me and endowed me, the stronger that will be. And the stronger your faith will be in it. Healing is not, now I'm gonna say this, and and it's again it's an elementary statement when we say healing is not something that we're trying to obtain, it's something that's been paid for, it's something that belongs to us, and it does. But there is a a process of receiving it. To understand healing, I have to understand the source of sickness. The source of sickness. John Alexander Dowie made a statement. Now, Dowie was mightly used by God in the 1800s around the turn of the century, and and in his later years, when he was an older man, uh, 70s and and maybe 80s, he he got off in his doctrine. And and he started uh believing that he was the last prophet and these different things. And one man said this about Dowie. They said, you you can't follow his doctrine, but you can follow his faith. And uh uh now the reason I say this is I have a quote by him that's so powerful. And uh, you know, John Dowie, Alexander Dowie, he had a uh uh a booth at the World's Fair in Chicago, and uh people came and got healed at the World's Fair. Uh there were something like four or five medical doctors that had worked with this one woman, and she had a cancer on the side of her face the size of an eggplant. You know, back in those days, there was nothing they could do. Give you a little bit of laudanum and hope that it would help the pain. There's nothing they could do. If they didn't catch it very early, there was nothing they could do. They brought that lady to Dowie, medical doctors. And he laid hands on her, prayed a simple prayer, that cancer fell off in his hand. Brand new skin on the lady's face. You can't argue with that. He made the statement, he said, sickness is the foul offspring of his father Satan and its mother sin. The foul offspring of his father Satan and its mother sin. Now, all sickness is not the result of sin. Some is. But all sickness came with sin. Amen. In John 10, 10, notice what it says. We know it, you can probably quote it by heart, but it says, the thief does not come but for to steal and to kill and to destroy. The Montgomery translation says the thief never comes except to steal and to kill and to destroy. The BAS version says the thief comes only to take the sheep and put them to death. He comes for their destruction. So this description and this describes the work of the devil. What? Stealing, killing, and destroying. That's all he does. That's all that he ever does. So the thief or the devil is the one stealing and killing and destroying. So if it looks like death, if it looks like theft, if it looks like destruction, the source is the devil. Hallelujah. All sickness and disease are one of these: stealing, killing, or destroying. So what does that mean? All sickness and disease would have to come from the devil. Hallelujah. Brother Hagin used to say, when you resist anything of the devil, you're resisting the devil. And so all of it would have to come from the devil. Let's go over to Job chapter 2. And we don't have time to the first part. This is actually the source of sickness. This is actually a series that I taught. But we went in depth into this account with Job. And, you know, people are always bringing Job up. And, you know, well, Job was sick, and God allowed Job to be sick, and God gave the devil permission, and God this and God that. Well, none of that's true. None of it's true. It's absolutely false. And God had nothing to do with Job's sickness, had nothing to do with it. We can read that and find that out from Job chapter 2 and verse 7. So went Satan forth from the presence of the Lord and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown. So the question that I have to ask and that has to be answered is who smote him with boils? The devil. Satan. So where'd the boils come from? Satan. So God wasn't using boils to teach Job a lesson. God did not just allow Satan to smite Job with boils. Job had already opened the door, and we dealt with that in part one and two of this series. Job had already opened the door. He had already opened the door through fear. God basically, when God looked at Satan, you know, people would preach it and like God baited Satan. Have you seen my servant Job? Boy, he's perfect and upright. But the Hebrew says this: why are you beholding Job? He's a perfect and upright man, and he eschews evil. So far from God baiting the devil, he's saying, What are you doing looking at him? He's perfect and upright. He fears me. He eschews evil. Why are you looking at him? And what did the devil say? Job fears God for nothing. You put a hedge around him. Can't nobody get to him. Right? And God said, look, everything he has is in your hand. He's opened the door. Everything you have is in your hand, in his hand. And Satan tried. He threw everything at Job that he could, and he could not get Job to turn on God. Couldn't get him to do it. Job was misinformed. He did not understand what was going on. He thought he had done something wrong and God was punishing him. But at the end of Job, he found out it wasn't God. Here's the point. Job, it's clear that he was the, Satan was the source of all of Job's sickness. It's clear. Look at Luke chapter 13. See, what hinders healing so many times is the question. And when you understand the source, a lot of those questions go away. In Luke chapter 13, and verse 16, Jesus, of course, had healed this woman, that he said she was bound by a spirit of infirmity. And verse 16 says, Should not this woman be in a daughter of Abraham? Notice whom Satan hath bound. Now again, that may seem elementary, but never lose sight of that. Satan bound her for 18 years. Shouldn't she be loosed from the bond of sickness on the Sabbath day? Shouldn't she be loose? See, the question that I need to be asking is if this sickness is in my body, shouldn't I be loosed from it? It's not of God. It's from the devil. Shouldn't I be free from it? Because that's why Jesus died to set me free. Amen. Instead of asking, why is it there? It's there because the devil put it there. Amen. That's the source of sickness. Now, shouldn't I be free from it? Well, Jesus says yes. The expanded Bible says she has been held by Satan for 18 years. God's word translation says Satan has kept her in this condition for 18 years. Another translation says, but Satan has kept her crippled for eighteen years. So all sickness is not a spirit of infirmity, but all sickness is from the devil. Hallelujah. Say it out loud. All sickness is from the devil. Tell your neighbor, say all sickness is from the devil. Hallelujah. That's why you can't be cute with sickness. You gotta hate it. You have to despise it. None of it's acceptable. It's not acceptable to have allergies, it's not acceptable to have a cold. It's not acceptable to have whatever. Sinuses? Not acceptable. It's all from the devil. Yeah, but you know, Pastor, there's just things, you know, we just gotta deal with it. It's all from the devil. Amen. I've taught about this extensively. If somebody goes to the doctor and the doctor says, you know, we're diagnosing you with cancer, man, they bow up. They stand against it. I'm a cancer-free zone in the name of Jesus. It's terminal. I'm a cancer-free zone. But they go to the doctor and he says, Oh, it's just allergies. Oh, okay, it's just allergies. Blow up. Stand against that as hard as you would cancer. Why? It's the devil trying to put something on you. You got to hate it. Hallelujah. Tell your neighbor, see, you get quiet, you gotta talk. Tell your neighbor you gotta hate it. Amen. I mean, think about this for a minute. You can get along with a cold, but do you want to keep it all the time? Right? But if you go to the doctor and he says, you got a cold, what do most people do? Oh, and they tell everybody, it's just a cold. Just a cold. It's a viral infection that the devil's trying to put in your life. You got to stand against it. Amen. And because notice what Jesus said. He said, Satan kept her bound. Satan kept her bound. Now, look at John 9. Hallelujah. John chapter 9 and verse 1. As Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from birth. And his disciples said, Master, who did sin? This man or his parents? That he was born blind. Jesus said, Neither has this man sinned or his parents. So he's not blind because of sin. He's not blind because he sinned or his parents. But that the works of God should be made manifest in him. I must work the works of God. The word manifest means revealed. I must work the works of him that sent me while it's day. The night comes when no man can work. As long as I'm in the world, I'm in the world, I'm the light of the world. When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, made clay of the spittle, and anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, said, Go wash in the pool of Siloam, which is by interpretation sent. He went his way, therefore, washed and came seeing. Amen. Now if healing, Jesus said, I've got to work the works of him that sent me. And then he healed the man. If healing was the works of God, whose work was the blindness? Now, why do I say that? Because there are people that will read that and they'll say, Jesus said that this man was born blind, so the works of God could be made manifest in him. So God made him blind? Now, I mean, that's easy for us to say. No, of course not. Well, why? Why is the answer no? Very simple. God's not the source of sickness. See, healing is very simple in this manner. I know that the sickness is not from God. So I know that God's not trying to keep it there. I know that God's trying to uproot it and move it out of their life. Right? And so if the healing was the works of God, the sickness was the works of the devil. Because God doesn't displace his own works. Hallelujah. God doesn't give somebody something and then say, I'll heal them. Amen. So God doesn't make somebody sick and then play both ends against the middle and heal them. Why would he do that? He wouldn't, he doesn't, we we we say these things, he doesn't have any sickness to give anyone. Because he said, I'm the Lord that heals you, not the Lord that makes you sick. Yeah, but he said, you know, if the trumpet sounds in the city and the people don't hear it, you know, they'll they'll they'll be destroyed. And you know, I'm the Lord that I heal and I make sick and I make alive and I kill. He's saying, if anybody has the has the power to do that, it's me. But he said, here's why the the problem came on those people, because they heard the trumpet and they didn't do anything about it. That's why. God has no sickness to place on anybody. And when you recognize the source, it makes you stand against it even more. In uh Mark chapter 9. And I talked about the question, and here's the thing the enemy delights in getting people over into questions because then they're fighting the wrong fight. They're trying to figure out what they did wrong instead of dealing with the source. Deal with the source, and if you did something wrong, God will tell you. But you got to deal with the source. Oh, hallelujah. I say you got to deal with the source. Right? I uh, our uh pest control guy, a really good guy, I've got a good relationship with him. I'm witnessing to him ongoing. I'm gonna get him saved one of these days. And uh, but anyway, uh he started coming to the house, and of course we've been in this house now six years, so he started coming six years ago, and uh we I noticed some ants in the house. Well, I don't know, ants don't bother me too much. I mean, uh, you know, but he he said uh, well, here's what you do. And he told us about some stuff to buy, and he said, you just put it out, and he said, here's what they do. They come get it, because he said it's got like a sweetness to it, and he said they come get it, watch, and they take it back to the colony, and it kills the ants in the colony. So you see, ants, there's a source. You gotta deal with the source. You you can keep killing ants. If you don't deal with the source, they're just gonna keep coming. The moment you say, Well, where'd I miss it? The source is gonna give you 15 places you missed it. And you'll start chasing all those places. And then you'll be like people that say this. Well, I know I'm walking in forgiveness. I know I'm not offended, I know there's no sin in my life, I know this, I know that. All these doors are closed. Why am I still sick? You haven't dealt with the source. Amen. I had a friend one time that uh uh had kidney disease, problems in his kidneys. And uh, great man of God, wonderful man of God, I loved him dearly. And when when he started dealing with that disease, he started down that road. I don't I don't have any social media, but my wife does. And on his social media, he was posting, you know, if I have offended anybody, if I have not walked in forgiveness with anybody, if I need to forgive anybody. Now, I'm not saying that's wrong, but here's the thing. He was going down this road of trying to find where the door was. Let me ask you a question. When has a thief ever just walked through your door? What did Jesus say thieves and robbers do? They come up some other way than the gate. Is that right? Is the devil a liar?
unknown: Yes.
SPEAKER_01: So would he lie and tell you that that sickness is your fault? Would he?
unknown: Yes.
SPEAKER_01: Well, if you know he's a liar, do you know the voice of the good shepherd?
unknown: Yes.
SPEAKER_01: Do you follow another one?
unknown: No.
SPEAKER_01: Then when you hear that voice, why do you start looking for the door he said is the problem? If you know there's unforgiveness, get it right. If you know there's offense, get it right. Then you can deal with the source. Oh, hallelujah. Do you see that? And that's what makes this so freeing. Is yes, there are things I can do to hinder healing. But once if I have to close a door, I shut the door, then I got to deal with the source. Because he never stops there. Amen. Mark 9, 17 and 18, notice this. One of the multitude answered and said, Master, I brought unto you my son that has a dumb spirit. A mute spirit. And wherever he taketh him, he teareth him and foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pines away. And I spake to your disciples that they should cast him out, and they could not. Now here's the question: why was this boy unable to speak? Here it is, the devil. Dumb spirit. Is that right? So what would we say? The devil had caused him to be mute. Who? The devil. When Jesus brought healing to him, who'd he rebuke? The devil. Is that right? Amen. Now there are things that people bring on themselves because of lifestyle, and I understand that. I get it. But here's the thing: the results is still from the devil. There are things that come from the curse of the fall, and things that come from the curse of the law. The curse of the law was primarily from disobedience. And you see all kinds of things under the curse of the law: fevers, arthritis, mental disorders, nervousness, all of these things. That's all under the curse of the law. That Galatians 3.13 says you've been redeemed from. Is that right? Heart problems under the curse of the law. We've been redeemed from those. I've also been redeemed from anything that sin brought into the earth because I'm redeemed from the curse of the fall. Amen. So we see conclusively from these verses that sickness and disease are the works of the devil. In 1 John 3. This will help you stand. 1 John 3 and 8. It says, He that committeth sin is of the devil. For the devil sinneth from the beginning. Now notice, here's why we want to come to this verse. For this purpose, the Son of God was manifested that he might destroy the works of the devil. The Amplified Bible says the reason the Son of God was made manifest or visible was to undo, destroy, loosen, and dissolve the works the devil has done. Hallelujah. Undestroy, undo, loosen, and dissolve the works the devil has done. So what is healing? The undoing, the loosening, the dissolving of the works the devil has done. The Philips translation says, now the Son of God came to earth with the express purpose of undoing the devil's work. With the express purpose of undoing the devil's work. See, my mindset has to be, I don't want anything, I don't want any part of the devil's work operating in my life. I've been redeemed from that. Jesus came to set me free from that, to undo the devil's work. One translation says he came to undo the works of the devil. Another says he came to put an end to the works of the devil. So sickness and disease are the works of the devil. And the whole reason Jesus came was to undo what the devil had done. So the whole reason he came. Hallelujah. Acts 10.38. We've read this over and over again, but it's important that we see this and look at this this way. I emphasize this so much because the enemy is so adept at causing people to look at something other than him. Amen. You know, people have asked me over the years, well, why didn't so-and-so get healed? I don't always have a good answer for you. I don't know. Sometimes I don't know. Well, I'll tell you what it was. It's because they didn't have enough faith. Maybe, but I don't know. You don't know either. This is important. But here's what I do know. Whatever it was, it was the work of the devil. That's what I know. That's all I need to know to be against it. Hallelujah. If you can get people to just think of what's trying to attack their body as a work of the devil, you will increase their faith and increase their chances of getting healed because they'll stand against it. They'll stand against it. Hallelujah. Acts 10, 38, Peter said that this was the message they preached all over Galilee. How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power that went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil, for God was with him. Now here's a powerful thing. We see all the Godhead, we see the entire all the members of the Godhead in this verse working together to heal and to set people free from the oppression of the devil. So the question then, and the answer again is this. So if God has anything to do with sickness, why was he working with Jesus to set people free from sickness? How? God anointed. God empowered Jesus with the Holy Ghost and with power. And Jesus then, empowered by the Holy Spirit, through the hand of God, went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil. So what's that saying? Everybody Jesus healed. He considered them to be oppressed of the devil. Hallelujah. Do you see that? One translation says, curing all who were under the power of the devil. Now, as people that know our authority and we understand the exercising of our authority, that shakes people up. I'm not under the power of the devil. But he's trying to exercise dominion in that life through sickness and disease. I'm not under his authority, and he knows that when I stand in faith and I exercise my authority, it's got to go. Got to go. Amen. Say this out loud. Whatever's not planted in me by the Father is uprooted, pulled out of my life in the name of Jesus. Sickness, you have to go. Disease, you have to go. Pain, you have to go. You're not of God. You're of the devil. You've got to leave now. In Jesus' name.
unknown: In Jesus' name.
SPEAKER_01: Hallelujah. Amen. Do you see this? And so here's the thing. Well, where did I open the door for the devil to throw that on me? Let me ask you a question again. When has a thief ever come up and just knocked on the door and gave you something? Never. They try to sneak around and get in some way. Amen. Hallelujah. You know, people use phrases nowadays. Well, you know, those are childhood diseases. As a believer in the healing power of God, you should never use that phrase about your family. You're not going to have childhood diseases. Your family is free from childhood diseases. Amen. Let's try that out. Say it out loud. My family is free from childhood diseases. Amen. Listen, I tell my wife and Liliana all the time: there's no reason for misschool. There's no reason to miss days in school and miss days of learning and days of fun because of so-called childhood diseases. I believe we don't have to have them. Hallelujah. Why? It's a work of the devil. Now, what I was saying is I've had people before kind of, oh, you know, you mean the devil's winning over me? No, the devil's doing what the devil has always done. He's trying to exercise lordship. We live in an earth with the curse on it. You don't have to do anything for sickness to flow. It's already out there. I said it's already out there. And what's the devil trying to do? Get it into your life. I say, get it into your life. Is that right? Paul's closest companion that worked with him. Close, close, close. He said he was sick nigh unto death. Well, what did the devil do? He used his overwork and his refusal to rest to try to get sickness into his life. And he did it. But Paul said, but God had mercy on us and healed him. Who healed him? If God healed him, who put it on him?
unknown: The devil.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, but he overworked himself. He should have known better. And the devil knew he was overworking himself, and he knew he should have known better, and he used the open door to put sickness on him. Don't be deceived by the devil. Well, you did that, you know. You know, and and and basically, how can you ask God to get rid of that for you when you open the door and you know you did it? Yeah, so you go to God and you repent. In one message in this series, I said there are people that are asking God for healing, and they first need to go repent for being disobedient, and then they can ask God to heal them. First, I need to be obedient. Are you following me? Listen, I've told you this story, but I'll tell you again. I'll use myself for an example. See, this has been years ago, 20, 2008, 2007. And uh I man, I had I just had pain in my body. And it wasn't like specific, like joint pain. It just wasn't good. And I would go to the Lord about it, and he would point out this specific thing. Specifically, it was red meat. He would that's what I would sense in my spirit. And I've jokingly said, and he would say, you know, it's red meat, and and I'd go eat a hamburger. I say that jokingly. Little humor, very little. Amen. But one day I it just got so bad I just repented. I said, okay, Lord, I repent. I'm I'll I'll quit. And I and I stopped. I stopped. Two weeks I had no pain in my body. I've not had that pain in my body since. Unless I eat red meat. I had a lady in the church one time, she fixed invited us to her house, and I mean, she fixed potatoes and and carrots and and a big uh uh beef roast. I mean, it was, you know, beef roast like fall on apart beef roast and and served it up. And you know, I I'm thinking, you know, I don't want her to think I'm rude, so I didn't eat very much, I just ate a little bit. Man, we didn't live very far from there. By the time I got home, I was hurting so bad. I'm like Brother Hagin, I'd have had to die to feel better. I had to repent. Why did I have to repent? I was disobedient. That's not maybe not your problem, but he said for me not to. Remember Brother Hagin? He said he was on his uh sick bed and the doctor came to him. Am I helping you tonight? Yes. And he said, and he made this statement that his grandma, you know, is telling him what to eat, and his grandmother said, Well, can't he have coffee? And the doctor said, No, I don't want him to have any coffee. She said, Well, he's he's drank coffee since you know he was five years old, six years old. And he said, Well, maybe a weak cup. And he said, uh, you know, he said, before this, now the doctor had told him that he needed to drink, I believe it was milk. He needed to drink milk. And he said, just the smell of milk would turn my stomach. And he said, but I had enough of the word in me. I said, now, Father, the doctor says I need this, it's a benefit to me. I'm gonna drink it and I'm gonna be okay with it in the name of Jesus. And when you would hear him tell that story, he'd say, and I like milk to this day. Now he said it was a nutritional value. He said, I drank that cup of coffee and liked it died. He said, people say, Why do you do the same thing you did with the milk? He said, Coffee had no nutritional value. I didn't need it. And he he talked about being older in the ministry. He's up in the ministry, been healed for years. And he said he went to a camp meeting and they had a cooler. Some of you, I know many of you don't remember these days, but they would come have camp meetings, dinner on the ground for a week. And they'd have these big washtubs with pop in it. And he said, I got there and I wanted a uh, he called it a soda. And he said, uh, you know, there wasn't anything in there that wasn't caffeinated, so I just got, like he said, a Coca-Cola or a Dr. Pepper or something, and he said he drank it, and he said, I like to die. And he said, I had to repent because I the Lord told me I didn't need caffeine. The Lord said to Jack Hayford, I don't know how many remember who Jack Hayford was. He's in heaven today. Wonderful pastor. The Lord said to him one time, he was sitting down to, and he was gonna, I think he was gonna eat a piece of chocolate. And the Lord said, Chocolate is to you as wine. In other words, you don't need it. He said, I don't know why I don't need it, but the Lord said, I don't need it. You follow me? I was uh, I had uh I some some years ago, Pastor Michelle and I had started a uh an eating uh program, uh uh a way of eating, and man, there were things that just started changing in my body and started changing in my my numbers. And uh uh uh I went to have my physical here this first part of this year, and uh when when it came back, some of these numbers were elevated that I didn't want to see elevated. No, they weren't bad, but they were elevated. And I looked at that, and the first words out of my mouth, I was like, now Lord, why is that? And the Lord said, because you changed everything you were doing. I don't listen, I've never ate bad. I wasn't eating bad, but what I knew was working, I quit doing. There's something that people need to listen. Um I know it sounds like I'm talking about lifestyle medicine, but folks, listen, when people that know, when when they you you got to do some research on your own. You know why this is so important? The love of money drives the medical industry. It drives the medical industry. I'm not against doctors. I have a great doctor, good Christian man, but it drives the medical industry. Why is it they want to prescribe? When was the last time you went to the doctor and they said, Well, you know, just eating this will fix that? When have you heard that? Why? You can't, there's no money in broccoli. And there's a lot of money in a pill. My mother's in heaven today. And and and I don't say this for any other reason. Listen, when she was taking her medicine, twenty-two thousand dollars a month. Twenty-two thousand dollars a month for one stinking pill. $22,000 a month. How do people do it? I I don't know. The Lord was just great and showed his favor, but here's here's my reason in saying for saying this. If you don't ask questions, if you don't investigate things yourself, and you just take somebody's word, well, that won't work for you. Says who? What are they gaining out of that? You see what I'm saying? If God's leading you down an avenue, investigate it. Find out what's going on. Don't, don't, don't put yourself at the mercy of the medical profession. I'm not saying don't go to the doctor and not to listen to them. I'm saying understand that underneath it all is money. I remember I went I went to the doctor one time. And see, I'm telling you, I go to the doctor. I went to the doctor one time, and it was their pharmaceutical rep day. And the pharmaceutical rep was there with a full blowout buffet. You know, that's not free. Everybody had goodie bags. It's like the Oscars, man. Everybody had a grab bag. They didn't give me one because I wasn't part of the deal. But I worked in the insurance industry. I know about pharmaceutical reps. I know how much money that they make. Now, here's what I'm trying to explain to you. When God is dealing with you about something, if you're not acting on it, it becomes a door that the enemy can promote sickness and disease through. Well, it listen, it didn't take me long. It didn't take next day, the next day, I was back on what I knew I should be doing. Why? Even Pastor, your numbers were just a little bit up. The Lord said, I quit doing what I knew I should be doing. You following me? I'm gonna move on. Because I'm I'm not listening I don't give medical advice. But if you do yourself a favor sometime, sit down and Google. Google this. What does cancer feed on? And see how many reports come back and tell you that sugar feeds cancer. Sugar feeds it. It feeds it, it eats sugar. Amen. And if you if you look at people and you say, look, you can avoid this if you stop this. Oh, but I can't live without sugar. I love sugar. See, some people they think they need healing, and what they need is to be obedient. Do you see this? Remember what Jesus said to the man that was healed at the pool of Bethesda? He went and found him, and what did he say to him? Do you remember what he said to him? He said, Go and sin no more lest a worse thing come on you. So there are worse things than just being paralyzed. Hallelujah. If the trajectory you're on is going the right way, stay with it. It's working. Oh, hallelujah. Disclaimer I am not a physician. So they were under the power of the devil. Hebrews 13 8. You know what it says. It says, Jesus Christ is the same. Yesterday, today, and forever. If Jesus never changes, is that true that he never changes? Then if he ever healed, he's still healing today. If everyone who came to him was healed when he was on the earth, then everyone who will forever come to him has the legal right to be healed. Otherwise, he's changed. I had a friend, well-known minister in Word of Faith Circles. If I said his name, you would know him. And he's he's ministered in in this church. Uh had a uh a ministry down south in Alabama. And uh a good friend of mine, wonderful man, a sweet guy. And uh he had lived a really rough life before he got saved. And I would, he would say this to me, and I would hear him say it. He would say, Well, you know, my body's I'm dealing with this, and you know, because I man, I just abused my body before I got saved. That doesn't matter. Even if you did it, you come to Jesus, he'll heal you. I remember the last time I saw him alive, he was at a meeting and and and it was it was a healing school that he was at, and he came up for prayer, and he said to, he actually said to Gloria Copeland, he said, you know, I've just I've abused my body so much before I got saved. And and you know that was true. And I'm not listening his faith did wonderful things. Worldwide ministry. All right, I'm not knocking him or what he did, but here's what I'm saying. He got stuck there. I did this to myself. Who was telling him that? How many of y'all in here did God say? All of us? Every sin that you committed, did you do it to yourself? Yeah. Every one of them. Anybody in here get in problems because of the sin you were committing? Anybody but me? Right? Well, who caused those problems really then? Me. When you came to God and asked him to forgive you, did he say, no, no, no, no, you made your bed, you gotta lay in it. What'd he do? Forgave you, cleansed you, washed you. Is that right? I say, is that right?
unknown: Yes.
SPEAKER_01: So even if you did it to yourself, will he heal you?
unknown: Yes.
SPEAKER_01: Yeah, because why? Because he's the healer. Who wants to who wants to keep you sitting in your seat and not come up because you did it to yourself? The devil. Why? The devil wants to keep you sick. Jesus wants to keep you free. One translation of the Knox translation says, what Jesus Christ was yesterday and is today, he remains forever. I wrote in the book Eternally Faithful, I made this statement over and over again. What God is, he is eternally that. And what he's always been, he's eternally that. Hallelujah. The Bible says all the promises of God are in him. Yes? And in him, amen. The Bible says over and over again, when you read through the four gospels about the healing ministry of Jesus, it says that everyone that came to him was healed. You only find one small scripture in the Bible that says there were people that Jesus did not heal, and it doesn't say he did not, it said he could not. He could not heal them. Why? Because of their unbelief. But everywhere that they believed him, everybody was healed. Everybody was healed. Oh, hallelujah! Do you believe that? You know, the the Bible says that Jesus healed the halt and the maimed, the blind, the crippled. Remember the man that had a withered hand? You know, he had some injury to his hand, and the sinews and the tendons had shrunk and it was withered up, it had dried up, and Jesus is sitting there, and he knows this. He didn't ask the man, well, what'd you do? Was that your fault? He said, Stretch out your hand. And it said he stretched out his hand and it was made whole just like the other one. Woo! Glory to God. So if the right one's good, God will make the left one good. Amen. If the right eye's good and the left eye's struggling, God will make the left eye just as good as the right eye. Amen. I remember that the Heather, was it your mom that God healed up? Deaf in one ear, wasn't it? Standing right here. I was sitting in a chair on the platform, and Heather's mother came up. I don't remember which ear it was. Stone deaf. Couldn't hear anything. I mean, I had her plug one ear and I said something to her in that deaf ear, and she was just like Amen. That probably worked real well when she didn't want to do what her husband told her to do. You were talking in the wrong ear. I'm sorry. Hallelujah. Now you can't fake that, all right? But but but but here's the thing: I had a watch on at the time that would tick. Right? She came up and couldn't hear out of that ear. Laid hands on her and prayed for her, put that watch up to her ear, she heard it ticking.
unknown: Hallelujah.
SPEAKER_01: One ear was good. The other ear wasn't good. She left with both good. Amen. We had a healing meeting here one time. We used to have a clock on the back wall. Used to have a clock on the back wall. And and this lady came up and I was sitting here and I said, What's wrong? And she said, I'm blind in my right eye. And I said, Okay. I said, well, turn around. You're blinding your right eye. She said, Yeah, I'm I'm blind in my right eye. And I said, uh, you know, I'm I'm testing her out. I want I want to see, you know, what's going on here. And so I said, All right. I said, uh, I didn't have her turn around and look at anything. I, you know, I had her back to the clock. I didn't want her to get the knowledge and, you know, be able to fake something. And so I laid hands on her, and and uh uh there were people around her, said, Yes, she's blind, and her right eye, she's from another church. And I laid hands on her, rebuked that blindness, and I said, now turn around. And and I had somebody uh uh put their hand over her left eye. I said, What time is it? Saw it perfectly. Totally healed. One good, one not good. She left with both good. Why? Because Jesus came to undo. I don't know when Heather's mother went deaf, but Jesus undid it. I don't know when this woman went blind, but Jesus undid it. And it doesn't matter how it came on you, it doesn't matter if it was in your past, if it was something that you did, something that you caused, whatever it is, Jesus will undo it. Because he came to undo the works of the devil. He came to undo the works of the devil. Hallelujah. Especially, listen, you can be in agreement with us all across the board, but especially if you're going to have hands laid on you tonight, say this out loud. I believe that Jesus is the same. Yesterday, today, and forevermore. I believe that when hands are laid on me, I will receive the healing touch. I will be made well and whole in the name of Jesus. Whatever is in my body that was not planted by God is pulled up, plucked up by the root, and cast out of my body in the name of Jesus. Oh, hallelujah. Glory be to God. God's good will. If you'd like to have us lay hands on you tonight, uh you can come forward, and we'll certainly do that in the name of Jesus.