SPEAKER_00: Those men that helped me this morning, if you're here, would you come and just sit on the platform? And uh we had a kind of an impromptu type of uh illustration this morning that I want to use. So if you're here tonight and you helped me uh this morning, would you uh come on back and uh there's Brother Bauer's good? All right, getting a few here and there, and then we'll fill in whatever we need to. Romans chapter 14. Turn there very quickly and first John chapter two. We're not gonna go into the whole uh message of this morning. Romans chapter 14 and 1 John chapter 2. And if you'll uh help me uh as we do this tonight, I appreciate it a great deal. Romans chapter 14, 1 John chapter number 2. Let me make a statement, and this is maybe more administrative than it is preaching, although it is important. If you lead a ministry on Sunday morning where your workers are involved maybe on our property here and they miss the morning services because of their working, or maybe on another property and they miss the morning services because of their working for the Lord, you need to preach them and make sure that they get to the Sunday night services on Sunday evening. And by that I mean just make a general announcement, and this way I don't have to contact you individually. If they're gonna work on Sunday morning for the Lord Jesus Christ and they can't come to services on Sunday night, then they don't need to be working on Sunday morning. Amen. Why? Because sooner or later they're gonna dry up but not do either. And by that I mean this. I've seen it. Somebody works on Sunday morning and that's their place of service and everything, but they don't come to church on Sunday night, and maybe they can't get to church on Wednesday night, and sooner or later they're dried up for Lord Jesus Christ, and whatever they're doing on Sunday morning isn't going as well because they're not fellowshipping with the Holy Spirit of God. Now, I'm not talking about anybody, I'm just talking about a general thing that it's up to us as leaders to make sure that those who are working and everything stay and keep in fellowship with the church, and especially to me, Sunday night's important for everybody to be here. Amen. That's why we have our ministry set up in such that everybody can be in church on Sunday night, except if they're working like twos and threes or something like that in the nursery. So uh I'm not angry, I'm not uh disappointed or anything like that. Just a general persuasion in that area. Amen. Is that fair? All right, good. Romans chapter 14. That means, bus captain, if you've got workers down there that are working with you on Sunday morning and you don't see them in church on Sunday night, you give them an ultimatum. Either get to church on Sunday night or find another place or come to church on Sunday morning. Amen. Say amen. That's right, because they need to be in church. Maybe I'll change the message tonight. I'm just kidding. Stay with me. Because I'll tell you what will happen. You'll see it in just a moment. Romans chapter 14. If you would, Romans chapter 14. And uh very quickly, this is where we started this morning, and we'll go into this, and then I want to show you something that I believe will be a help to you. Romans chapter 14, we started in verse 11. It says, for it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give an account of himself to God. Now, because of that scripture there, that we're all going to give an account of ourselves to God, he says this in verse 13. Let us not therefore judge one another anymore. But judge this rather, that no man put a what? Say it? Stumbling block, or an occasion to what? Fall in his brother's way. Now we know that as Christians, we're not supposed to put an occasion to fall, a stumbling block in our brother or sister's way, because it says this in verse, if you would, uh, 19. Verse 19. Let us, talking about Christians, therefore, follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may what? Edify. That means enlighten, encourage another. He goes on down to say this. Uh the context here is they're they're uh having some problems with whether to eat meat or not eat meat, for meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for that man who eateth with offense. It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor what? Say it, anything whereby thy brother stumbleth. That means we need to stay away from things that are going to cause our Christian brethren to stumble, or is offended, or is made weak. So the idea behind the message this morning was that we're not to, if you would, allow ourselves to put a stumbling block in the path of other Christians who are running the race that is set before them, ordained by the Lord Jesus Christ. Look, if you would at 1 John chapter 2. 1 John chapter 2 quickly. 1 John chapter 2. He says this, verse 9. He that saith, 1 John chapter 2, verse 9, he that saith, he is in the light, and hateth his brother is in darkness even till now. Verse 10, he that loveth his brother does what? Abideth in the light. And there is none occasion of what? Stumbling in him. Brother, the basic message this morning was that I know that I'm not supposed to, and we all probably have been guilty sooner or later, I am not supposed to cast a stumbling block or in any way give that offense that would cause a brother or sister to stumble and fall. But also on the other side, I'm not supposed to let a brother or sister, if I'm abiding in the light, I'm not supposed to let a brother or sister stumble me. Is that right? Number one, I'm not supposed to cast a stumbling block. But number two, I'm not to really allow somebody else's action to cause me to stumble. If I'm abiding in the light, brother, I ought to be able to step over those stumbling blocks. Amen? If I'm abiding in the light. Now the illustration this morning was this, Bill, if you'll take your place, and uh, and uh, brother, if you'll take your place, guys. The illustration was simply this this morning, and we have these as being our stumbling blocks here. And brother Bauer, you get your stumbling block kind of ready to go there. Uh we'll just do this one. Three's enough for two's enough for tonight. I need uh one more guy. Uh let's see. William, you helped me tonight, all right? I was gonna choose you, Kevin, but you're visiting tonight, amen. I don't want to embarrass you all embarrassed William, all right? Brother William, right up here. And uh, this is what happened, uh, if you would, uh, this morning. We're running our race, if you would. We're running our race and we're running this way. And what's gonna happen is I'm gonna stumble, and William's gonna stumble too over this first stumbling block. You say, what is this? This is an offense, whatever it is. I don't know what offense you've had, but we've all had them, is that right? We've all had something happen to us. Not an offense given by Christ, but an offense given by Christianity. Have you had one yet? You say, What do you mean? Not by Christ, but some Christian who's done something to you or not done something to you, or should have done something to you. Whatever it is, we've all had offense. Is that right? Talk to me. Everybody has. So this represents that offense tonight. And as we're running our race, that the course that is set before us, if you would, we come along this stumbling block, and William and I are gonna stumble just for a moment. So we're running along here and we stumble, right here, William. Now, as we stumble, look up here. The Bible says that if we fall, there ought to be, Ecclesiastes says there ought to be someone there to do what? To help us up, is that right? Woe to him that is alone. So when we fall, here comes Bill, and he's gonna offer me a hand to help me up. But that offense really hurt me. And I don't want to have anything to do with him. So I say, get away from me. Amen. Now, Christians do that, don't they? Talk to me. I don't want to have anything to do with you. But Bill offers his hand to William. And William gets up, and off they go. Amen. And they jog on now. Now, I I'm I'm back at this stumbling block and I'm I'm fallen. Whatever it is, I'm hurt, I'm offended, and I'm I'm walling in the thing. And what happens is I kind of move over here with another type of crowd, with the Christian crowd, and we here are the ones who are represented by those who have fallen. We're kind of by the wayside, and you know, our time is kind of passing by, and we're watching other Christians, uh, take another laugh, you guys. We're watching other Christians running by their race, but we're kind of over here and we're kind of, you know, hurt and and and and bitter, and you know, misery loves what? Misery loves company. So we have this fellowship going over on over here, and uh we're we're kind of we're kind of pointing at the Christians and uh using these kind of words, Pharisees, uh self-righteous hypocrites, uh, you know, hard chargers, you know, uh, you know, all that kind of stuff. And we're kind of wallowing in what's going on in our lives. We're kind of being self-centered, is that right? Come on, are you you are you getting it so far? We're kind of self-centered and we kind of form a little fellowship over here for those of us who are victims. Victims of who? Not Christ. Victims of Christianity. Now, everybody's been hurt. I say it again, everybody's been hurt, and if you haven't been hurt yet, you're going to get hurt. But it's not Christ that's gonna hurt you. Is that right? Now, the Bible says that I need to be careful if I abide in the light, so I need to be careful about that stumbling block and whether or not it affects me. So we're over here kind of wallowing and everything, and and brother, they come by again. And here's what I'd like you to do this time. Uh, Brother William, you trip over the first one, and Bill help him up. And uh, brother, no, no, on this this way, Brother William. There you go. That's all right. And Brother Bill, that's right, he wasn't here. So, Brother Bill, you trip over the second one, and he helped him up. And Brother Roy's over here, and he's just kind of watching this whole thing. So he sees, uh, yeah, sees him helping him up and goes, and Bill trips over that one, and William comes back and helps him up. And by the way, that's what we're supposed to be doing as Christians, isn't it, right? The husband and wife is put together, if you would, by the Lord Jesus Christ to exalt his name together, and they're supposed to help each other up when they fall, is that right? Uh a family is supposed to do that, a ministry is supposed to do that. If you know somebody, and the reason I mentioned Sunday night church, if you know somebody that's not in church, but they're working Sunday morning and they're not here tonight, you need to go help them back up again, amen? And get them back, if they would, on their race again. You say, well, they're good workers, but you need to be careful, they may be starting to fall off the track. Now, Brother Roy's been watching this again, guys. So they come back and they uh they they uh go through the same situation, and Brother Roy sees this thing, and uh, Brother Bowers, uh, you kind of get ready with your situation there. And so uh here they come and do the same thing, fall and stumble. All right? And uh up they come and uh fall and stumble and up they come. And Brother Roy decides, just a minute, guys, Brother Roy decides, you know what? I'm tired of being over here in the victim crowd. I'm tired of watching my life pass me by and the time pass me by and me not doing anything for the Lord Jesus Christ. Now look up here, we're all saved, we're all going to heaven, but someone is producing fruit, and the rest of us are just wallowing as a victim, and our time is running by, and we're not redeeming the time doing something for the Lord. Are you with me? So Roy decides, you know what? I'm tired of this fellowship over here. And Roy sees this going on, and he sees somebody getting back up, and Roy decides, you know what? I'm gonna leave this side and jump back into the main flow again, amen. Now off they go, and they start jogging. Watch it carefully now. Start jogging, and what does we do? Now, wait a minute. Come here, Brother Roy. You forgot this morning, amen. Come back over here, guys. Get back over here, start over again. Boy, you can dress them up, you just can't take them out, amen. All right? So they start, and Roy starts. Now, now you gotta understand something. We don't want Roy to leave our fellowship. So, what does uh Brother Bowers do? He throws out a stumbling stone. And Roy trips. Now, please look up here. Right here, Roy has a big decision to make. Which way is he gonna go? Is he gonna stay with us? Kind of wallowing, self-centered. Or is he gonna get back on his race that is set before him? Now, brother, look up here. That does happen. You get in fellowship with some people that are kind of molly grubbing around and things haven't gone right, and they used to be in church and they're not, and they got in another church and they're not, and this hurt them and that hurt them, and it happens. They're true offenses. But it's we've all been burned, haven't we? Sure. We've all been used, haven't we? We've all been abused, haven't we? So, Brother Bowers here as part of our victim fellowship. When Roy decides to leave, we make one more attempt as we throw out this stumbling stone, and now Roy is down. Now he's got a decision to make. Brother Bill's there, ready to help him up to get back on the race. But it depends on where he's at right now. Bill, you stay here. William, you can sit, or the Bowers, you can sit, and I want to show you something. Are we okay so far? Getting illustration? Turn with me if you would to a verse in the Bible. Hold your place in 1 John chapter 2 and pick up Romans chapter 5. 1 John chapter 2 and Romans chapter 5. Because Roy's got a big decision to make right here. And I want to show you tonight what's going to impact what decision Roy makes. And Brother Roy and Bill, I'm not going to have you stand there the whole message so you don't have to worry about that. But I want you to see something very quickly. In 1 John chapter 2, we read a verse of scripture, and then we're going to pick up Romans chapter 5. In 1 John chapter 2, look if you would again at verse 10. Verse 10. He that what? Say it. Say it again. Loveth who? His brother. Abides in the light. There's none occasion of stumbling in him. So the key to not being stumbled in fall, and then not getting back up again, is to abide in the light, because in the light there's love. Is that right?
unknown: Amen.
SPEAKER_00: Let me say it again. The key on what Roy's going to do here, whether he's going to get back up again or whether he's going to stay down on this fall and join the, you know, we're bitter crowd. The key to that is whether or not he's abiding in the light, and in the light is where the love is. You say, what does love have to do with anything? Look at Romans chapter 5. Romans chapter 5. In Romans chapter 5, you know the scripture is preceding this. Look if you would, it says uh, oh, verse uh 3. Not only so, but we glory in tribulations also, knowing that tribulation worketh what? Patience. Patience what? Experience. And experience what? Hope. And hope maketh not ashamed. Now, here's what I want you to see. Because the what? Love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the whom? Holy Ghost, which is given unto us. So let me ask you a question. Where does love come from? Where does the love come from that a Christian has? We are partakers of his divine nature, if you would, and it is the Holy Ghost of God in us after we get saved that brings with him the love of God. Would you agree with that? Now, God is what? Love. 1 John chapter 2, God is love. Is the Holy Ghost God? Let me ask you a question. Is the Holy Ghost God? Three that bear record in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit. Now the idea is this: when the Holy Spirit comes in, he brings in with him the love of God in our hearts, and he sheds it abroad in our heart. Now look up here. I'll tell you what helps us to keep getting back up. Love. You say why? Because when Neil Bowers, that terribly wicked guy, look up here, cast that stumbling block out there knowingly or unknowingly, it's an offense to Roy. But he's got to make a decision. Is he going to let that stop him or not? And a lot of it depends on what he feels about Neil. Because if he can forgive Neil, even though Neil doesn't ask for it, he's going to get back up and keep going. Is that right? Whoever cast that stumbling block, the stumbling block only lasts for a little while. But the real hurt that lasts for years and years and years is what that Christian, that person, did to me. Is that right? What they did to me, what they made me feel like, what that hurt did, I mean, that that just really got me. And when you think about the hurt, you don't after a while think about the stumbling block, you think about the what? The person. Come on, yes or no? Every one of us here, well maybe not yet, but if you've been saved ten years, every one of us here, if you think back long enough, you can think about someone who hurt you. So the idea is for Roy to get back up and keep going, he has to forgive the person who did it. Where does that come from? I believe it comes from the love of God. Where does the love of God come from? From the Holy Ghost. That's what it says. The Holy Ghost sheds, if you would, that love abroad. Where? Into our hearts. You say, I don't know, that's just one scripture. Look at the book of Jude. The book of Jude. Stay with me. Come on. The book of Jude. Chapter what? Chapter three, somebody said. Chapter one. There's only one chapter. The book of Jude. Now watch this very, very carefully. And it puts the ball right back in our own court. Brother Roy, if you don't get up and keep going, it's your fault. You can't blame it on anybody else. Let me say that again, Brother Roy. If you don't get up and keep going, it's your fault. You won't be able to blame it on anybody else at the judgment seat of Christ. Why? Look at verse 20. Verse 20 of Jude. But ye who? Beloved. Talking to who? Christian or non-Christian? Christian. But ye beloved, building up who? Yours. On your most holy faith, praying in the what? The Holy Ghost. Now that's not talking about praying in tongues. But ye beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith. By the way, Jesus Christ is still the author and finisher of our faith, but what we have to do is yield to him. We yield our free will to him, and he builds that faith within it. But it says, building up who? Yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost. Verse 11, look at it, brethren. What's the first two words? Keep yourselves. Say it again. Keep your Did I say verse 11? I'm sorry, verse 21. Verse 21. Keep who? Keep yourselves in the what? Love of God. Looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ under eternal life. Now it says in verse 20, look at it. Build up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost. Keep yourselves in what? The love of God. And where does the love of God come from? The Holy Spirit of God. So what it's saying to us is we need to keep our fellowship and our communion with the Holy Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ because that's where love comes from. Is that right? Come on, talk to me. Now when I say that, a lot of people don't say anything because you know why? A lot of Christians don't even know who the Holy Spirit is. What Brother Roy has to do right now is decide whether or not he's going to keep himself in the love of God. He's got two choices right here: old nature and new nature. What will the old nature do? The old nature will come over and join us. What will Bill do? Run on. Is that right? Why? Because he can't stand there forever. He's got work to do. Oh, there'll be other Christians running by. They'll offer help. Amen? But as long as we're in our old natures, even though we're saved, we're happy over here. Well, not happy. Misery loves company. Come on, look up here. Is that right? If he goes with his old nature, the love of God didn't do anything for him. And he has to go against the Holy Spirit of God in order to do that. He has to go against the Holy Spirit of God in order to come over here and not do anything with his life. Is that right? He'll come back for a moment. If he does it in his new nature, what is he gonna do? He's gonna get up. Wait a minute. He's going to forgive the previous and go on. Is that right? Well, what is that? What about these people back here? What can you do? You have to go on. And maybe by Neil seeing him get up, it will help Neil later on to say, what am I doing doing this stuff? Why am I casting stumbling blocks out there? Why am I so bitter? I know this. Please look up here. Come over here, Bill and uh and Roy. Run by. Roy, you just left our fold and you're running by. Look up here. Run by just slowly. And I'm over here hurting. Because hurting people do hurt people. Is that right? If I'm hurt, the chances are I'm gonna look for someone else too hurt. Why? Because hurting people. Hurting people. So Brother Roy has a choice here, what he's gonna do. Look at verse 20 again. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy what? Faith. Praying in the Holy Ghost. What does that mean? Praying according to the unction of the Spirit. Praying after what the Holy Ghost wants us to pray for. Verse 21 Keep yourselves in the what? Say it, brethren. Love of God, looking for the mercy. Of our Lord Jesus Christ. You mean I have the opportunity to either keep myself in the love of God or walk away from it? Sure. Absolutely. Look, if you would at 2 Corinthians chapter 13. Thanks, guys. 2 Corinthians chapter 13. And I'll use you again in a minute. 2 Corinthians 13. And let me regress just a little bit about what Brother Sturgeon taught us, three scriptures. 2 Corinthians chapter 13. Keeping ourselves in the love of God. Praying in the Holy Ghost, if you would. 2 Corinthians chapter 13. And with 2 Corinthians 13, pick up Philippians chapter 2. 2 Corinthians 13, Philippians chapter 2. By the way, not everybody that's here tonight serving the Lord Jesus Christ will be here next year at this time. I hope everybody will be here. But there's a percentage that won't be. You say, well, where will they be? They won't be in church anywhere. They'll be hurt. They'll be outside of church. They'll be wallowing. What? In that hurt. Now you say, well, that's a terribly pessimistic thing to say. Look up here. There are people that used to be here five years ago, and they started working in the ministry, but somewhere along the line, they got what? Hurt. Who hurt them? Christians. And they wallowed in it, and they returned to the seed and of the hurt over and over, and they were frozen in unforgiveness, and they decided, rather than forgive and go on and forget and forbear, they decided that they would take a step on the sidelines here because you can't trust Christianity. Look, if you would at 2 Corinthians chapter 13. And notice if you would, brethren, verse 14. Brother Sturgeon brought this out. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the what? The what? Love of God and the what? Communion of the who? Holy Ghost be with you all. Communion, uh, communicating, uh, walking with. Can two walk together except they be what? Agreed. When we're in fellowship with the Holy Spirit of God, I believe the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts. But I want to say something to you. Even though the Holy Spirit is sealed inside of me, it is possible to get out of fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Or you say, prove it. Grieve not who? Whereby we are what? Sealed. Is it possible to grieve him? If I grieve him, I think I get out of fellowship with him. And when I get out of fellowship with him, I don't know about you, but I have enough experience with this that I know that that love of God that used to be there that caused me to forbear, that caused me to forgive, that caused me to walk over offenses, that love of God isn't as strong as it used to be. And now things begin to irritate me. And things begin to bother me. And things, people in the church, they get on my nerves and I take it home at night and I think about it. And it and it grabs hold of my mind and puts me in prison and I return to the sea of the hurt over and over and over again. And now I'm out of fellowship with the Holy Spirit of God. And the love of God to forgive and to forbear and to go on isn't there anymore. And now I'm having roast church. You know what I'm talking about? If you haven't been there yet, jump in, you'll see it. You'll experience it. But we don't have to live that way, praise the Lord, because the Holy Spirit of God gives us the victory to overcome that stuff. But we have to be in fellowship with Him. I am not talking about, well, what do you mean? You mean that the Holy Ghost is in us, and it's possible that, you know, I can lose my salvation. I'm not even talking about losing our salvation. He's sealed. But there is a difference between him being in us and me walking with him or me rebelling against him. It's fellowship. It is communion. Communicating, listening, talking. Now, Brother Sturgeon brought out, and I'll show you the scriptures in a minute, that it is not wrong to talk to the Holy Spirit. Let me ask you a question. Did you talk to him today? Well, you should have. You say, now wait a minute, I talked to Jesus. I know Ephesians 2, 18. He showed us that. Brother Sturgeon, so is that. You know, we go to the Father through the Son by the Spirit. Is that right? But we can talk to the Holy Spirit of God. And brother, in this church, we should be. I'm not trying to lift up the Holy Ghost into being more than he is because he said he had come and teach us of the Lord Jesus Christ and wouldn't speak of himself. But brother, I'm telling you tonight, the Bible's full of teaching about being in communion and fellowship with the Holy Spirit of God. And it's the Holy Spirit of God that brings that love in, that helps us to get across and beyond those stumbling blocks that will come up in our life. Look at Philippians chapter 2. Stay with me. Philippians chapter 2. We're going to bear this out tonight. Philippians chapter 2. Brother Sturgeon brought this scripture out. You say you're re-preaching his message. It's not his message. God gave it to him. Amen. Philippians chapter 2, verse 1. If there be any what? Consolation. Well, who gives the consolation? Who is the comforter? The Holy Spirit of God, is that right? He comforts us? Who is it that we are when we are in our trouble? He comforts us in that trouble so we can go out and comfort others. Who is the comforter? The Holy Spirit of God, is that right? Please look up here. If I get out of fellowship with the Holy Spirit of God and I trip and I stumble, who's there to comfort me? Oh, he's trying, but I don't want to be comforted. He's trying to woo me back, but I don't want to be comforted. I like being angry. I like mauling it over. I like being the victim. I like giving myself a pity body, and I like having an excuse so I don't have to come to church.
unknown: Come on, brother.
SPEAKER_00: But it won't hold water at the judgment seat of Christ. I'm not trying to put anybody down. I'm saying, lest we go there, we need to learn about the fellowship of the Holy Spirit of God and the communion with Him. Why? Because it's His love and it's His comfort that allows us to be comforted, so we get back up again and say, okay, I want to go. My old nature doesn't want to do it, my new nature does. Look, if you would, another scripture. Pick up Ezekiel 37, where we're at with Brother Sturgeon. I'll tell you when we get off of his message. Two more scriptures. Ezekiel 37 and John chapter 3. John chapter 3 first. And by the way, if you weren't here on Wednesday night, I'm not trying to lift him up, but you ought to get the message called the breath of God. John chapter 3 and Ezekiel chapter 37. Now this is vital to me. I've already marked this down. And if I have a message that I think is vitally important, I put a little note at the bottom that says C-O-N-F. And that means conference. That means if I go to a conference, this is a message that I'm probably going to pull out. Why? Why is it so important? Too many Christians are stumbling. And not getting back up. Yet by the grace of God go we. Now look if you would at John chapter 3, and stay right with me. John chapter 3. And holding your place in Ezekiel 37. You know John 3, Jesus answered verse 5. Verily, very, I say unto you, except a man be born of the water, that's the flesh birth, and of the spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh. And that which is born of the spirit is spirit. Verse 7. Marvel not that I say unto you, ye must be what? Say it. Born again. Verse 8. The what? The wind does what? Bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but cannot tell whence it cometh and whither it goeth. So is everyone that is born of the what? Spirit. So in verse 8, the spirit is likened to the what? The wind. The wind bloweth where it listeth. You can't, you you don't hear the sound of it. And you can't tell whether it cometh or where it's going. So is everyone that is born of the spirit. Please look up here. If you have the opportunity to kneel down with somebody, and you say, uh, talk to them about salvation, you say, now let's let's pray. And you pray and they pray. You don't see the spirit come into them. Just like you don't see the wind that's blowing on you now. But I'll guarantee you what, I've seen the effects of the wind blowing in on a person called the Holy Spirit of God, and I watched them weep, and I've watched them come up and them saying, It's different now. It's different now. I didn't see the Holy Spirit come into that person, but I know it happened. Why? The understanding of the scriptures are enlightened and they begin to understand more and more of the book. Are you listening to me? Look at John chapter 20. John chapter 20. We're still on Sturgeon's message. At least I'm giving him a little credit, amen. John chapter 20. And notice if you would. So the wind is likened to the Holy Spirit. Look at John chapter 20. And notice if you would, a Jesus, verse 21. Jesus, verse 21. Then said Jesus to them again. Peace be unto you, as my Father hath sent me, even so what? Send I you. And when he had said this, he did what? He breathed on them. Look up here, please. This is the creator. Breathing on these disciples. Let me say it again. This is the creator of this universe, Jesus Christ. Breathing on these disciples and said unto them, Receive ye the who? Holy Ghost. So God breathes Himself into these men. Is that right? By the way, try this sometime. Look up here. Do you see that? Do you see anything between my mouth and and my hand? Now look, the breath is like wind. I don't see it. But I know there's results. My hand senses something's going on. I know this. The Bible says that God formed man of the dust through the ground, and then he went like this. And breathed in him the breath of what? Life. And breath is not something you can see, I guess it's unless it's a cold day. But the idea is breath and wind in this situation. God, Jesus Christ, breathes God into these men. What do you mean, God breathes God into these men? God, Jesus Christ, breathes the Holy Spirit or the Holy Ghost, God, into these men. Is that right? Yes or no? That's true. Now look at Ezekiel 37. Ezekiel 37. And we'll finish as far as we want to go with the message from Wednesday night. Ezekiel 37. And notice if you would, this is the valley of the dry bones, Ezekiel 37. And this is what I want to get to in the reason. Ezekiel 37. The prophet is told to go out into the midst of the valley in verse 1 and preach unto these dry bones. The dry bones we know is a slain great army. Let me say it again. The dry bones we know, stay with me, is a great army that has been slain. If you look in in later on, over in verse 9 and 10, don't turn there now. So he goes out and he goes in this valley and he preaches unto these bones. Again, he said unto me, verse 4, Prophesy unto these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones, behold, I will cause what? Say it, breath, to enter into you, and ye shall what? Live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring on flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put, say it, breath in you, and ye shall what? Say it? Live, and ye shall know that I am the Lord. So what does he do? So he prophesied as we commanded. What does he do? He goes out there in this valley of dry bones and he starts preaching to them. I'm gonna cause flesh to come on you. I'm gonna put sinews on you, I'm gonna cause breast to come into you, and you're gonna live. Who's out there? Just the bones. And I prophesied there, and when, and as I prophesied, verse 7, there was a what? I want to see this one. I mean, if God shows us anything in heaven and says, anything you want to see in the book, there's a lot of things I'd like to see. I mean, if he's got videos of all this stuff, I want to see it, amen? And I know I'm being facetious, but if we can take a look at what happened, I'd like to see this one. And there was a noise, and behold, a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above. But there was no what? Breath in them. So as Sturgeon pointed out, here are all these bodies laying out here, and now the bodies are joined back together again like they were. And by the way, if you think about it, in those days, when they killed an army, there would be bodies piled all over the place, and this one on top of that one, and then it deteriorated, and those bones were all mixed up. Who knows if the wild animals came and chewed a knot on some of those bones and ate the flesh and carried a bone off over there? Who knows? But I know this God got them all back together the way they were supposed to be, amen. You say you believe that literally? Literally, I believe it. Amen. Now, they were all laying there, and so here's this great army laying there, and like Brother Sturgeon said, I don't know what a better term is. They're zombies. There's no breath. Their chest is not going up and down, the heart is not beating yet. They're just all back together again. Well, that'd build your faith as a preacher, wouldn't it? Verse 9. Then, look at it now, then said he unto me, do what? Prophesy unto the who? When? The wind is a type of the who? Holy Spirit. Prophesy, son of man. That's uh that's Ezekiel, and say to the who? When. So he asked the preacher to talk to the wind. In type, he's asking the preacher to talk to the spirit. Thus saith the Lord God, come from the what? Four winds, as Sturgeon brought out, north, south, east, west, the omnipresence of God. O breath. So he's talking to the breath. And breathe upon these what? Slain. That they may live. In type, this preacher is talking to the wind, and he's talking to the breath. Now we know in type who the breath and the wind is. It is who? The Holy Spirit of God. You say, I don't know if I believe that or not. Study it out. So I prophesied as he commanded me. And the what? Breath came into them, and they what? Lived. And stood upon their feet an exceeding great army. And what Sturgeon brought out, which I thought was so good, what I want to emphasize again tonight, brethren, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, wrong with us fellowshipping. Did I, did I, did we read Philippians 2, 1, or did I go right through that? Did we read it?
unknown: No.
SPEAKER_00: No? Turn back there again. What are you doing? Let me go on. Philippians chapter 2. Verse 1. I think I had you turn there, or I had you mark it, but we didn't read it. Philippians chapter 2, thank you so much. Philippians chapter 2. And notice if you would, verse 1. If there therefore, if there be any consolation, we got that far, didn't we? In Christ. If any what? Comfort of love. If any comfort of what? If any what? Fellowship of the, say it, Spirit. And brethren, it is the fellowship of the Spirit that gives us the comfort of love. Mark it down. It is the fellowship of the Spirit that gives us the comfort of love. Brethren, if I fellowship with Bill Pierce, stand up, Brother Bill. You know what I do if I fellowship with him? I talk with him. I walk with him. I spend time. If I commune with him, what do I do? We talk. He talks, I talk. He listens, I listen. Amen? If I'm fellowshipping with the Holy Spirit and communion with him, the Holy Spirit talks, I listen. I talk, he listens. But the Bible says, try the spirits where they be of God. You know why we're so heebie-jeebied about, well, I'm not going to talk to the Spirit? You know what? Be careful. Don't let the charismatics rob you. I believe in being baptized with the Holy Spirit. I believe in being filled with Him. I believe being filled with Him is essential. What happens when we're filled? We speak in Psalms and hymns and spiritual songs and we make melody in our hearts. You say, how do I know if I'm filled? You sing it in your heart? On your way to work? When you get up in the morning, any spiritual songs going on? Come on, talk to me, yes or no? If we're filled, that's going to happen. What's the second thing? We're going to give thanks. We're just going to give thanks. Something will happen. We just bow our heads and say, thank you, God, man. You worked that out. Thank you so much for that. We give thanks. Third things happen? We submit ourselves one to the other in the fear of God. Is that right? Yes or no? But there's a communion, there's a talking one with the other. I'm telling you that many Baptists don't believe in that and they don't practice talking with the Holy Spirit and listening to the Holy Spirit because they think it's some sacrilegious thing. I'm telling you, it's biblical. I'm telling you, if you don't, sooner or later you're going to stumble and you're not going to get back up again. Not as soon as you should. Stay with me. We okay? You say, you're preaching this with some authority. That's right, because I believe in what I'm saying tonight. And may I say this? I'm practicing it. I've been down there before. And I've had him say, Come on, get back up. And I said, I don't want it. Get back up. I don't want it. It's not worth it. Come on, get back up. Well, why do I have to go through this? Well, because the Lord said, if you suffer with him, you'll reign with him. Well, I don't feel like reigning with him today. You see, don't doesn't the Holy Spirit just slap you sideways? No, he reasons with us. Before he slaps us. Amen. Now, some you'll never get slapped because he uses compassion on you. Others of us who need fear, he slaps us silly. Amen. Some of you have that soft spirit, he won't slap you at all. He'll gently come on, come on, patch you. The rest of us that don't have that soft spirit, I mean, he'll reason us for a while and then it'll go, shh, shh, knock, get yourself out of it. And he'll give us some scriptures. Keep yourself in the love of God. It's your problem, it's your fault. Get back up again, Fisher. Amen. Some with fear and some with compassion. But God gets the job done. But look up here, he also gives us a free will. We have a free will. So it's up to me to keep myself, if you would, in the love and the fellowship. But sometimes I'm a little stubborn and rebellious. Say amen. Sometimes you are too. So the idea here, though, is I'm supposed to be in fellowship with him in communion because when I'm in fellowship, there's that comfort of love. There's that love that's shed abroad in our heart. It's interesting if you study how many times the Spirit is mentioned in the fellowship of the communion, how many times love is mentioned too. And brethren, love covereth a multitude of sins. We get up and walk on. Now I'm going to show you something. Please stay with me. Look at 1 John chapter 2 again. We okay tonight? 1 John chapter 2. You say, man, I don't know about this message. Well, I hope you get it. It'll be a help to us, brethren. I've been thinking about this and thinking about this for the last three days. 1 John chapter 2. And I want to introduce something to you that you might kind of buck at just a little bit. I want you to see it. 1 John chapter 2, verse 4. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments is a liar. And the truth is not in it. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the what? And what's the next word?
unknown: Perfect.
SPEAKER_00: Perfected. Hereby know that we are in him. Now, the love of God, as we've been talking about it so far, deals also with the Holy Spirit of God. Is that right? Yes or no? Whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God what? Perfected. And perfecting there talks about that it's getting better, that it's that it's maturing, that it's that it's getting more complete. I know this. Sixteen years ago, when the Holy Spirit of God came in me, he brought love in to my soul and to my heart, if you would. But I know this. There's more love in there now than there was 16 years ago. And he's still working on it. He's still perfecting it and maturing it. And don't take this wrong. I think he's putting more love in me. And say, no, wait a minute. When I got saved, I got the Holy Ghost, I got the Holy Spirit of God, and I got all him, and that's it. I got the Holy Spirit too. But I didn't get all of his love. He measured it out what I needed. And I believe that he's measuring it out more and more as I need more and more. As this church grows, you know what has to happen to me? I've got to go back to God and say, I need more love. 12 years now, almost 13 have been at this thing. By the 20-year mark, I'm expecting it to be another, this this auditorium here, I'm expecting to be another one and the pulpit to be right over here. I mean that. I'm expecting this to be this half and that to be that half over there. But I know this, I need more of the love of God to be able to bear that. Why? Because people are problems. Come on, don't get mad at me. My wife and I have had to pray for more love with every child that God gives us. Why? Because children have some problems. Come on. Your ministry growing or not? If it's not, maybe you need to go back and say, God, put more love in me. What am I saying? I believe we need more of the love of the Holy Spirit of God to go on and do more for God. Look at 1 John chapter 4. Stay with me. 1 John chapter 4. Are you getting this tonight? Well, I hope so. 1 John chapter 4. Stay with me. 1 John chapter 4. And notice verse number 12. No man has seen God at what? Any time. Tells that to some of the charismatic leaders. Amen? No man has seen God at any time. And by the way, there's another scripture that says, and live. No man has seen God at any time. If, if, here's the condition, if we do what? Love one another, God dwells in us. And his love is what? Perfected in us. Now, brethren, as the longer that you stay in this church and the larger the church gets and the more ministries we have, you know what? Not only is it that I need more love, but you need more love. Hey, Brother Chris Sturger, where are you at? Chris? Brother Chris Sturger, the bus ministry has grown in the last two years. There's more people, there's more ministries and the junior churches and the mechanics and the drivers and the afternoon programs and the teen ministry and on and on. You know what Chris needs? He needs more love. To forbear. To put up with it. The trouble, the problems. Why? If he doesn't, sooner or later, he's going to stumble. Look up here. He's done. What do you mean he's done? He's done. If he gets over here and it keeps on going, he just starts to get angry and bitter and frustrated with the whole thing. And God doesn't show more love in there, and he doesn't cast his cares upon him because he careth for us and just drop all that baggage at the foot of the cross and go back out and do more and say, God, I need more love to put up with this thing and all the trouble that goes on, all the problem that goes on, and all the stuff that's going on. God, I need more love and I need more comfort. I need, Lord, if you would, measure me out more love. God, I need the greater power and measure of the Holy Spirit, setting his love abroad in my heart, Lord. I need to be in fellowship more than I've ever been. I need to be in communion with him more than I've ever been. And God, I want to talk to him, and I want to talk with him, and I want him to talk with me, and I want to be in fellowship with him. And God will say, okay, I'm going to give you more. And you get back up and you get back up and you run. A just man falls seven times, and then what does he do? Rises up again. Seven is the number of completion and perfection. He just keeps getting back up and keeps getting back. I don't know of any ministry leader in our church that didn't feel like laying down and rolling over. Man or woman. Sooner or later they have felt like quitting. And it wasn't because of Christ, and it wasn't because of the world, it was because of Christianity.
unknown: Come on.
SPEAKER_00: Oh, I can't believe you're saying this. This is reality. This is the truth. Let me tell you what happens. Here's what happens. I illustrated this morning. Somebody cast a stumbling block, knowing or unknowing, I fall, I get bitter, I get out of the fellowship with the Holy Spirit of God. I get out of communion with Him, and for a while I'm standing over here with the bitter crowd, and I'm watching Christians run by. But if I don't get it right with Him, sooner or later I'm heading for the world. And now I don't even stand with the Christians that are bitter. I don't want to have anything to do with them. I don't want to have nothing to do with Christianity. I'm sick of it all. I'm heading for the world. But it's not a step because of the world. It starts with getting mad at Christianity. The byproduct of that is people heading for the world. You say, how do you know that? Man, I've watched hundreds. What are you talking about? I've analyzed myself. When I get a little hurt, I'm gonna go do something else today. I don't know anything. Just what it's called? Backsliding. If I stay that way too long, sooner or later, you'll have a new preacher. Say, what do you mean? Either I will quit or God will get rid of me. Why? Because the church must go on. And I know that. Say, man. Yeah, it's true. Look at John chapter 3. The Gospel of John chapter 3. We're almost finished. I'm watching the time. Don't get bitter. Stay with me. John chapter 3. Let me bear this out just a little bit more. John chapter 3. And with John chapter 3, would you also pick up Romans chapter 8? Looks like I'm almost to the end of this message here. I didn't say almost. I did say almost. John chapter 3. About another 10 minutes, we'll be finished. John chapter 3. Don't turn off yet. Please. John chapter 3. Romans chapter 8. And John chapter 3. I want to give you something that I believe the scriptures imply, and you may agree or you may disagree. Doesn't matter. John chapter 3. Look if you would at verse 33. He that hath received his testimony has set to his seal that God is what? True. For he whom God hath sent speaketh the what? The words of God. For God giveth not the what? Spirit by what? Measure unto him. Who's it talking about? Jesus Christ. What are you saying? The Bible says that God did not give God the Spirit, God, by measure unto Jesus. You say, wait a minute, I missed that. God the Father did not measure out, if you would, the Spirit of God, which is God, unto God the Son. Why? They are one. He was the fullness of the Godhead bodily. He had the spirit without measure. You know what that implies? I don't. Have the spirit without measure. Sounds like heresy to me. No, I don't have all the power of the Spirit. I don't have all the wisdom of the Spirit. I don't have all the love of the Spirit. Are you listening to me? I have what I need right now. But I don't have what I need for tomorrow. And there's a good possibility between now and tomorrow I could get out of fellowship with him. And I could grieve him and don't take this wrong, but in type, it's like Samson when he had been playing around with Delilah too long and playing around with that gray area too long and playing around with that sin too long. And the Bible says that once they cut his hair and he broke his vow, he got up and he said, I'll just shake myself again like I've done in the former times. And he wished not that the Lord had departed from him. In type, it's like the power of God being gone. So he went over and he didn't have the strength that he used to have. Why? He broken his vows. Which in turn, would you agree with this? He broke his fellowship with God. Come on, yes or no? And when we break our fellowship with the Holy Spirit in those presumptuous sins and those secret faults, should we have the same power? Well, God's grace sometimes, but after a period of time of habitually living in that sin and not giving it up and not dealing with it, wouldn't it be right the Holy Spirit of God to say, you're grieving me now? Now you're grieving me. Now that fellowship we used to have, you're not trying anymore. You're not working at it anymore. Those things are more important to you than my fellowship, so I'm going to withdraw myself from you just a little bit. I didn't say that he took himself from him. I didn't say that he unsealed himself. But he could draw back and say, All right, I have to teach you a lesson. Go ahead, preach without my power now. Go ahead, function in that leadership role without my love now and see how long you last. Go ahead, let's see how your marriage goes now. And you know what happens? We start getting irritated with each other. And the accuse you of the brethren comes. And we start thinking these thoughts about each other. And when the Holy Ghost was used to be there saying, that's wrong. Get rid of that thought. That's not true. Give that person the benefit of the doubt. He's not there doing that anymore. Because now why? We're out of fellowship with him. I can't describe to you how much tonight we need this fellowship of the Holy Spirit of God. In our marriages, in our relationships, in our church, in our ministries. I'm talking to church tonight that we need to start talking to the Holy Spirit of God. And if you don't know him yet, you need to go ahead and take a step by faith and talk to him. You say, I'm going to feel dumb talking to somebody that I've never seen before. Well, who have you been talking to in prayer? Well, I pray to the Father, through the Son, by the Spirit. Nothing wrong with that. Glory to God. And that's the way you do it, fine. But it would be good to say, Holy Spirit of God, today I want to walk with you. I want to talk with you. You need, if you would, please, more than you need, I need for you to breathe into me your power and your love. And if you would, I need a greater measure of that now than I have in the past. Would you measure out a greater measure of love now in my heart to forbear and to forgive and to forget and to go on? Would you measure out a greater power of a greater amount of wisdom? Would you measure out a greater, greater, and he's got it all. You say, what does he have? The fruit of the Spirit? Love, joy, peace. What? Hey, is it wrong to go to the Holy Spirit and say, measure out to me greater patience? Where does it come from? It comes from God. Now you're sitting there looking at me like, I don't believe a word you're saying. That's because you don't know him. You sit there and say, no, no, you got it all wrong, preacher. If you studied some theology somewhere, I challenge you to study the book on what I'm talking about and try what I'm saying tonight and talk to him and ask him for more patience and ask him for more long-suffering and ask him for more wisdom and see if he gives it to you. Throw the theology books out and look at the book. I haven't given you any heresy tonight. You say, Well, I've been trained. Well, study the book and get untrained. Walk with him, talk with him. Get in communion with him, get in fellowship with him. Look if you would at Romans chapter 8. Romans chapter 8. Say, preacher, you ought to go away more often. No. Romans chapter 8. Watch this now very carefully. I'm for you tonight. I'm not against you. You say, well, I feel like you're just really jumping on our case tonight. No, I'm provoking you to love and good works. I'm provoking you to love and good works. Well, you say, show me that in the Bible. Hebrews chapter 10, verses 24, 25. Forsake not the assemblings of yourself together. What are you supposed to do while you're there? Exhort one another. What's the verse before it? Provoke each other to love and good works. So tonight I'm provoking you to love. If you're visiting here tonight, welcome. Look at it if you would in Romans chapter 8. Stay with me. And by the way, I feel plenty of liberty tonight. Verse 38. Alright, let's back up. Verse 37. Nay, no, nay. In all these things we are more than what? Conquerors. Through him that lovet us. For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things presence, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other what? Creature shall be able to separate us from the what? Now wait a minute, who sheds the love of God in our heart? The Holy Spirit of God, is that right? Yes or no? Come on. Is he the one who brings in the love of God? God is love. And Jesus did this when we got saved. Please look up here. He breathed on us. And the Holy Spirit came in and quickened us and made us alive. It was God's breath. The wind of God blew into our soul. Is that right? Yes or no? And when the wind of God and God breathed on us and the Holy Spirit came into us, now he brings in with him love. Not man's love, God's love. It's a big difference. Not lust, love. Nor height nor depth nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God. You know what that tells me? The Holy Spirit and I are inseparable. Why? Because of my will? No, because of his will. Which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. You say, how in the world did you get the Holy Spirit in there? Every time you see, or not every time, but many times when you see the love of God, the Holy Spirit is right there. You know what? I'm not insecure about whether I'm going to heaven or not. I'm persuaded like this. I'm persuaded neither death nor life, nor principalities, nor powers, nor angels, or nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature. See, I don't believe like the charismatics believe. I don't believe that Satan can cause me to walk away from my salvation. I don't believe that for one minute. Why? Because I'm persuaded that none of these things, not even a creature. Not one in heaven, not one under the earth, nowhere, can cause me to be separated from the Holy Spirit of God. Why? Because the Holy Spirit came into me and sealed himself in, and no one can break that seal. Not even me, not death, not life, not principal, not powers, not angels, not hubbing, nor death, nor any other creature. Sit them off me. Show me who's gonna break the seal. Who is worthy to break this seal? Well, you can walk away from it. I can walk away from the fellowship of the Holy Spirit of God, but when I walk away, he's still in me. And if I go off in the world, he's still in me. And if I go into the bar, he's still in me. And now, boy, is he unhappy? And you say, Well, I can't go to a bar as a Christian now without being miserable. Goodbye. And when you're walking and you're gonna go, this doesn't feel right. What am I doing here? And when you see something on TV and the Holy Spirit says, Why am I letting on? Am I seating it? Get this thing out in front of my eyes. I don't want to see this anymore. It grieves me! But sometimes we fight right on through it. But we know he's grieved. If we know him. Look at Luke 11, we'll finish. Luke 11, we'll finish. I have. Like they say down south, I'm about done give out. Amen. 11, Luke 11. You say, well, preach! Well, don't we have enough to work on? I mean, I got a few things that I'm working on out of this message. Amen. It's not like you're just saying, check mark got that. Oh, checkmark will do that. Yep, check got that. No problem with that. Checkmark. Come on, give me something strong and deep and hard. Walking with the Holy Spirit is enough of a challenge. Knowing who he is, trying his spirits, whether they be of God, getting his mind, knowing who he is, getting that comfort, getting that love, and being able to get back up again. I think that'll give us a little time to work on that. At least till Wednesday night. Look at Luke 11. And notice verse 13. This is the reason for the parable, or if you would, the parable that we're going to read, verse 13. If ye then being evil know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly father give the what? To them that what? Now wait a minute. Wait a minute, wait a minute, hold it, hold it, hold it. I got the Holy Spirit, I got all the Holy Spirit when I got saved. Then why is he saying this? Why is he saying this if there's no need to do what this parable is talking about? He's not talking to unsaved people here. If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your what? That's a son of God, a child of God, a daughter of God, he's talking to. Come on, yes or no? Your heavenly father? Come on, yes or no? I know there's probably a couple going, I don't know if I agree with that. You've been reading too many books and commentaries. You ought to get in this book and study it out. I'm not against reading a commentary or something like that, but that's not gospel. This is. For what? For the Holy Spirit. Look what he says in verse 5. He said unto them, which of you shall have a friend? And shall go unto him at midnight and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves. For a friend of mine is in his journey to come to me, and I have nothing to set before him. Look up here. You know the parable. Brother Bill, come up here. You've been a good illustration. I go to Bill's house at night, and he's upstairs. Lights are off, he's already secured for the night, and I start knocking on his door. Friend, you know it. Friend, I'll never forget rolling garlic. Friend, that rings in my ear. Friend. Friend, lend me three loaves. Look up here. It's not for me. Someone's come to my house. I want to give it to them. That's the key. When we go to ask for the Holy Spirit's power and wisdom and love, it's not from me. It's so I can give it to someone else. Is that right? We have to come with the right attitude, I think. It's not selfish vainglory. Verse 7. And he from within shall answer and say, Go ahead, Bill.
SPEAKER_01: Trouble me not. The door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed. I cannot rise and give thee.
SPEAKER_00: Friend! Friend! And I say unto you, though he's a reprobate and will not rise, it doesn't say that. Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his what? Friend? Yeah, because of his importunity. What does that mean? I'm not going away till I get this, friend. I'm not giving up till I get this. You say, now wait a minute. Is that the context of what we're supposed to do with God? I think God wants us a little persistent. He wants us to desire it, to want it. Is that right? I don't know about you, but the longer I wait, the more I want it, and when I finally get it, it's even greater. Amen? So it keeps coming back. His importunity means he keeps coming, keeps coming. Finally, he will rise and give him as he needeth. I say unto you, ask, how? Look up here. Ask and ask and ask. Importunity. And it shall be given to you. Seek, how? Keep seeking. You shall find. Importunity. Knock. How? Importunity. Keep going. It shall be open to you. For everyone that asketh, receiveth. He that seeketh, findeth. Him that knocketh is open. Shall be open. Look up here. It's not a one-time thing. You think mark it down now. I just use myself. Sixteen years. You think I just one time and asked and say, Give me your power, Holy Spirit? And that's it? I did that fifteen years ago, God. That's all I do. Fifteen years ago, God, I asked you for your power. I only have to ask for it once, believe and receive, and that's it. You missed the book. Why does he want us continually coming back to him? It's called fellowship. It's called communion. It's called abiding. Verse 11, stay with me. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? The answer is no. Ask him a fish, will he give a fish and for a fish, give him a serpent? The answer is no. If he ask an egg, will he give him a score? The answer is no. If ye then, being evil, knowing how to give gifts to your children, then he says this, how much more shall your heavenly father give the Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, to them that do what? Ask him. Well, wait a minute, I got it all. I got him all already. Well, evidently, there's some power and some love and some comfort that we still need.
unknown: Amen.
SPEAKER_00: Brother Roy, come right back up here and we'll finish. Brother Roy, Brother Bill, over here. Look up here. They're running by, and I'm finished. Look up here. They're running by, and I do what? Throw it out. Knowingly or unknowingly. Look up here. He's got a choice right now. Let me tell you what the choice is. A lot of it depends on whether he's been abiding in the light. Walking with the spirit, fellowshipping with the spirit, communing with the spirit. Is that right? A lot of it depends on how much love is available in that fellowship and how much comfort and how much forgiveness. Is that right? Now he's got a choice to make. Bill opens his hand out. If he's been abiding in the light, walking with the spirit, fellowshipping with the spirit, and the love of God is in there, I'll guarantee you what he's going to do is take his hand and get back up and go on and say, we got more important things to do than wallow back here over what happened to me. Is that right? Let me show you what happens. Bill, come here. Let me show you what happens after we've been at this thing for a while. Otherwise, you can sit down. This is what happens after we've been at this thing for a while, and we get in fellowship with the Holy Spirit. We know who He is. And He's filled us with His Spirit, and He's filled us with love and comfort and joy and long-suffering and patience. These stumbling blocks come up. Bill, you remember how you started today? Here's what happens after a while. This is how a Christian walks after a while. When stumbling blocks come up and there's more to do and there's less time, and our time is running out, and there's more we want to do for God, and little things come up, and this person, that person, and this little thing, and that. It's not that it's not important, we deal with them, but some things just really are somewhat insignificant. And it's not going to cause us a rock of offense and a stumbling stone. So here's the way we walk through life after we've been at it for a while, fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Bill? Go ahead. You know what that is? That's the Holy Spirit and His love being more perfected in us. Wouldn't that help our marriages? Wouldn't that help our ministries? Wouldn't that help our church? What could God do with us if we just did that with problems that come up? Deal with them? Yeah. But not wallowing them. Let's all stand. Please look up here. Please look right up here. Now I know you can go away and do nothing tonight and say, well, I don't know if I disagree or agree with that. What do you think, Myrtle? Or Myrtle goes home to whoever. And says, uh, well, you're supposed to teach me at home, honey. I don't know if I agree with that or not. In fact, I don't agree. And begins to teach him. No, that's not the way it goes. Be careful, though, before you go and tell somebody and say, I don't agree with any of that. You study your book. Find out for yourself. And may I suggest this to you before you tell somebody else you disagree? Why don't you come and tell me first? And show me why. Show me the air of my way. And maybe I'll grow too. But I don't want to give you the tip of the iceberg. There's a lot more in there. I believe what I'm telling you tonight is true. And one of these days I'll stand before God. I believe what I'm telling you tonight is true. You know what we need? We need a bunch of runners in the race that know how to get by the stumbling blocks and to go around it. It's only going to happen with the Holy Spirit's power and his love and his comfort. Looking under Jesus, the author and finisher of our what? Faith. Keeping yourself in the most holy faith. Praying in the Holy Ghost. Keep yourself in the love of God. You know whose responsibility that is? You and me.