SPEAKER_02: Hello, hello everybody. You did it again.
SPEAKER_05: Did it again? You did one job.
SPEAKER_01: Oh well, forget it. Hey, we're here. We're back. This is the uh ministry team from Celebration Baptist Church. My name is Tommy, the family pastor, and just go around. Who do we got?
SPEAKER_02: Hey guys, it's Mr. Landon, the children's ministry director.
SPEAKER_01: Interrupting Mr. Landon, I'm my bad.
SPEAKER_04: He brings the fun. He does bring the fun. It's important. Bring in the fun. So I'm Elizabeth Lindsey. I'm an assistant helper.
SPEAKER_03: And my name is Sherry Miller. I am the preschool director on the ministry side.
SPEAKER_01: So welcome to this parent podcast for the month of November and December. I'm going to tell you some events, the info, the lessons coming up. So let's get started. Hey, our mega of the month, next couple months, we're talking about thankfulness. So a really good one to listen and learn and read with your kids is Psalm 150. Speaking of that, guys, I'm going to read it. And then if his name's an instrument, you have to make that sound that that instrument makes. You ready? Alright, here we go. So Psalm 150 says, Praise the Lord, praise God in his sanctuary, praise him in his mighty heavens, praise him for his acts of power, praise him for his surpassing greatness, praise him with the sounding of the trumpet. Alright, not bad. Praise him with the harp. And lyre. Praise him with the tambourine. And dancing.
SPEAKER_04: And we're dancing around, ready? Dancing, dancing.
SPEAKER_01: And praise him with the strings. Wow. You guys need lots of help. And flute. Praise him with the clash of cymbals. Bang, bang. Kind of a drum on the bang for the ball. Praise him with resounding symbols. Oh, that was it. Let everything that had breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord, that's over. Wow. Hallelujah. Praise God. Well, Psalm 150 is a great psalm for you to read with your kids and be thankful and just let everything that had breath, any way you can praise him, praise the Lord while we can. Hey, let's get into a few of our topics for today. First of all, let's just talk about Blast for a second. If you're new to our church, if you haven't been, you guys tell me what is Blast and why should my kids even go to Blast?
SPEAKER_04: Well, Blast is for kindergarten through fifth graders, and it is Bible learning and spiritual training. It's available first and second service, full of worship games, Bible study, megaverses, which is scripture memorization. Mr. Landon's there almost every time.
SPEAKER_01: Almost every Sunday you're there. What are y'all doing, Blast?
SPEAKER_02: Absolutely. So Miss Elizabeth covered it pretty well. So it's upstairs in the loft. It's basically our kids' church for elementary school, grades, kindergarten to fifth. So it's tons of fun. We would love to have them there. So yes, do come first or second service.
SPEAKER_01: So two main things you mentioned: Bible learning and spiritual training.
SPEAKER_02: That's what Blast stands for.
SPEAKER_01: So obviously they're going to be a lesson every week from the Word. We match what they do in the sermons. And so what you hear in big church, they're also hearing in their church service or their small group time as well. Absolutely. Second thing is take home, spiritual training. What are some of the things we try to do to put things in hands of parents when they go home?
SPEAKER_04: There's this really, really good children's bulletin. It is awesome. I mean, I it's me. I'm sorry. I make it. And it's got parent information. You can access this podcast in it. I love doing some of the puzzles myself on there. I do enjoy the puzzles and the coloring. There's pencils available in the sanctuary.
SPEAKER_01: When they come to church, when you go into church, there's actually a couple little cubbies out there full of this stuff.
SPEAKER_04: Absolutely. There's a grab a clip. Kids will have a great time.
SPEAKER_01: So we want your kid to go to church with you. So we're trying to help you. So if there's got some kids who like to fidget, need something to do, that's why we provide that. But it also serves as our take-home to let parents know what we're doing in Blast each week. So another topic we got coming, we're gonna play some basketball. It's time to hoop it up. Mr. Land, we're telling you awesome upwards.
SPEAKER_02: Absolutely. So Upward registration is open. So, parents, if you have kids that are interested in playing basketball or cheerleading, this is for you guys. Upward is a great developmental league for basketball. So we're gonna be teaching your kids how to play the game, how to cheerlead, but also teaching them about the word. So each week we have devotions during half times of games, and coaches will be leading them in devotions of practices as well. So you'll have one practice night in the week and one game night or game morning Saturday.
SPEAKER_03: Do you ever know how to play basketball before joining?
SPEAKER_02: Not at all. Nope, it's a developmental league. So if they've never played at all, they're welcome to come in. We're teaching them how to start from the basics.
SPEAKER_04: We're also really open to parents who want to spend this time with their kids volunteering as coaches or assistant coaches.
SPEAKER_02: That's right. If you want to sign up, you can just visit our church website at iCelebration.org slash kids.
SPEAKER_01: Okay, well that's good on Upward. A few other things coming our way in the month of December, December 5th. We have an important date. We have our next megastore. What's happening in our megastore, guys?
SPEAKER_02: So our megastore is something that we like to do to reward our kids for learning mega verses. So kids can say big chunks of scripture, learn our walk through the Bible hand motions, and accumulate points that they can spend. So on the fifth, we're gonna get a bunch of different toys, presents, games, knickknacks, whatever you can think of, and put it in the store so kids can go and spend their points that they earn throughout the school year.
SPEAKER_01: So they pick up a journal from Blast. Oh yes. You can get the music, you know, again, Spotify, Apple Music, whatever you want, it's all free to get it. It's also an app. There's a Megaverse 2.0 app. If you download that, everything's right there. Coloring book, I mean you name it. We're just trying to help families memorize scripture.
SPEAKER_04: You know who else can say scripture? For points? Parents. Come on in.
SPEAKER_01: Are you kidding me? Yes.
SPEAKER_04: Mom and dad, come with your kid. Come on in.
SPEAKER_01: Because actually, if they say it, it does what for the kid?
SPEAKER_04: They get double the points. Double the points.
SPEAKER_02: Absolutely. So parents, practice with your kids. Come on in and say it with them.
SPEAKER_01: Alright, so every Sunday blast, you can go to the blast table, and there's always a line right there waiting for people to quote the megaverse scriptures. Alright, we also have a special guest with us this month, and so I'm gonna hand it over to Sherry and let her introduce our special guest as she talks about for the next couple months our church going through the season of compassion.
SPEAKER_03: Welcome back, families, and thank you for listening once again. This is the Celebration Family Podcast. I am Sherry Miller, the preschool director on the ministry side, and I have a special guest with us today. I'd like to introduce our missions pastor, Pastor Scott.
SPEAKER_00: What's up, Celebration Kids Family? Yes, we're coming up on our Season of Compassion, which is our annual holiday season community service and outreach ministry. It runs through the month of November and December. And so we kick it off with uh our big event on Sunday evening, November 21st. Uh, at 5 45 p.m., we'll be gathering outside for s'm'ores and worship and prayer, followed by the packing of food boxes uh at 7 p.m.
SPEAKER_03: All right, and I really enjoyed last year's time with the bonfires and the s'mores. Will there be live music again?
SPEAKER_00: There will be. It'll be a time of live worship uh with prayer interspersed in there.
SPEAKER_03: Great, I can't wait. Um, I see there's also a family-to-family event during the season of compassion. Can you tell us a little more about that?
SPEAKER_00: Sure. So this year our family-to-family ministry is uh kind of helping launch a new ministry that we're trying to get started, which is our church families uh surrounding fostering families and adopting families. It's a wraparound ministry. We're also partnering with the Leon County Sheriff's Office uh to help pilot and begin a new ministry where you mentor families that are being rejoined after uh incarceration.
SPEAKER_03: How could my family go about getting involved with something like that?
SPEAKER_00: Well, for all of our Season of Compassion events, we will be on the runway every Sunday in November and December, and anybody can come by the Season of Compassion tent and table and get more information on everything we're doing. There's also information on the app.
SPEAKER_03: Okay, great. Um, we also have a star project coming up, um, I believe in December. Can you explain a little more about that to us?
SPEAKER_00: Yeah, so in December we'll start promoting our star project, which is the service project side of Season of Compassion. We have some work days in January, that's January 22nd and 29th, uh, where we will be working with a church partner over in Southwest Tallahassee, Calvary Missionary Baptist Church. Uh, that's a church that has not survived well coming out of uh this COVID time, and so we responded to a plea for help from them. We've been helping them with outreach in their community. Uh, I preached there back in October for several Sundays, and we just continue to surround them and love on them, and we want to help them prepare and work towards kind of revitalization, relaunching their church.
SPEAKER_03: All right, so anybody can get involved with that ministry on those days?
SPEAKER_00: Yes, those work days, there'll be everything from just general cleanup and landscaping, uh, kind of the lesser skilled uh types of service projects. We'll have uh um what's it called? Power washing. Uh, we'll be painting, and our handyman ministry will be involved with doing some of the more skilled things as well. This will be indoor and outdoor on their church building.
SPEAKER_03: That's a great idea for families to get involved with each other. All right.
SPEAKER_01: Absolutely.
SPEAKER_03: That sounds great. Thank you so much, Pastor Scott.
SPEAKER_01: Welcome back. Thanks so much, Pastor Scott, again, for joining us and telling us about seasoned compassion. Hopefully your family can get involved in the next couple months as we do our best to serve other families. Hey, just a few more things we wrap up this parent podcast. How about a good family idea? Elizabeth, you got a good family idea of what families can do, maybe to be thankful?
SPEAKER_04: Yeah, it's something we started in my family last year. I'm not very crafty, so I needed something really simple, really easy, and this is it. You go outside, you get a branch. Not just a small stick, but a branch that has lots of different You're talking like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.
SPEAKER_01: Just a just get a branch.
SPEAKER_04: Stick with some branches on it. Yeah, yeah. And you bring it inside. It doesn't have to be giant. You want it to fit like on your on your dining table or on your counter. You put it in a small vase, and then everyone in your family writes out something that they're thankful for, like on a cut-out paper leaf. And it doesn't have to look fancy. You just cut out pieces of paper, write what they're thankful for, and use a string and tie it on, and you're putting the leaves back on your tree. So it's it's a Thanksgiving tree or a thankful tree. You can make it your Thanksgiving centerpiece, it can last the whole season of uh of Christmas.
SPEAKER_01: So the leaves are kind of like ornaments you're putting on the tree, and the kid can write whatever they're thankful for on there.
SPEAKER_04: Ornaments, or they're the leaves that would fall off the tree. Either way you want to look at it, it's Thanksgiving tree. Thanksgiving tree. There you go.
SPEAKER_03: You can even have grandparents come over and add to it.
SPEAKER_04: Friends, neighbors, you could make it as big as you want. You could do one per family member.
SPEAKER_01: That'd be a great family night project.
SPEAKER_04: Yes.
SPEAKER_01: I like it. Hey, also, speaking of seasons of compassion, so that's also going to direct our Sunday morning lessons that match our sermons. And so, Mr. Lando, what are we going to be studying the next few months?
SPEAKER_02: Well, from November 21st to December 12th, we are just going to be going over the same lessons that you guys are hearing in Big Church. We're going to be talking about living a compassionate life, learning about who our compassionate God is, how we can reflect Him and be a generous servant, and just a living example of that compassion.
SPEAKER_01: Alright. Well, last thing up, we usually try to give away a prize every podcast.
SPEAKER_03: Yes, let's give away another prize.
SPEAKER_01: So, what are we going to give away?
SPEAKER_03: We're going to give away a free registration to Upward.
SPEAKER_01: Wait, can we do that? We can do that. That's a$90 value.
SPEAKER_03: Oh, okay.
SPEAKER_01: So if you listen to the podcast and you text in the keyword, we need a keyword. What's the keyword?
SPEAKER_04: Maybe compassion.
SPEAKER_01: Is it maybe compassion or just compassion? Just compassion.
SPEAKER_04: Does spelling count?
SPEAKER_01: Uh no, just get close.
SPEAKER_04: Okay.
SPEAKER_01: All right, so text the keyword. Spelling does count, parents. Yeah, that's true. You guys are too old. Yes, it's just upward. So if you want to play upward, basketball on a cheer, K through six, text the keyword compassion to this phone number.
SPEAKER_03: 678-522-9355.
SPEAKER_01: All right, so again, text the keyword. What's the keyword?
SPEAKER_03: Compassion. To 678-522-9355.
SPEAKER_01: And just to give you a note, we did give away a prize for the last parent podcast,$200 value to a couple that's going to be attending the Sparks Fly marriage retreat. So if you haven't registered, it's still open. You can register for Sparks Fly on the church website or again on the app. It's a marriage retreat February 4th. February 4th. I'm going. You going? I'm going. You going? I'm going. Landon, you going? I will not be there. Landon will not be there. It is doubles. God's timing is perfect. It's all right. Maybe one day, brother. It's all good. Hey, thank you guys for joining us. I'm glad you're taking the time to listen to see what's going on. We are thankful to be in ministry and be a part of your family and be a part of our church. So have a great holiday season, and we'll see you next time. You good?
SPEAKER_03: I'd like someone to uh redo our instruments on your side, on the family side.
SPEAKER_01: It's fading out. Guys, you're fading out.