SPEAKER_00: Hello and welcome to another parent podcast. This is Pastor Tommy. I've got a couple of visitors with me today. We've got our new children's director, Mr. Lannon's in the house. Mr. Lennon, you want to say hello? Hey, how's it going, parents? And also down in our preschool world for Blast Jr., we've got Miss Sherry. Miss Sherry, how are you doing today?
SPEAKER_02: Good. How about you guys?
SPEAKER_00: You know, we were just talking about the Proverbs, is what we're talking about in wisdom. And I told you guys the story. Remember about the baby being cut in half? Oh yeah. You don't do you remember that story?
unknown: No.
SPEAKER_00: Miss Sherry didn't even remember. She did remember the story. But she didn't, she said it wasn't in Proverbs. You're right, it's not in Proverbs. But you remember, parents, if you remember the story about Solomon when he became the new king, God basically said to him in a dream one night, you can have anything you want. You can have power, fame, money, you name it. And do y'all remember what King Solomon asked for?
SPEAKER_01: He asked for wisdom. Wisdom, feed his nation.
SPEAKER_00: He asked for wisdom. I know anybody who's a parent. Everybody, everybody wants wisdom. So that's what this series is about. It's about foolproof, making good choices. And so, Mr. Lamb, tell me a little bit in the blast world, some of the things we're going to be talking about.
SPEAKER_01: Oh, yes, in the blast world, our kids' world, we are just learning, you know, how to have good judgment and develop good perspective, how to grow in humility and just all those wonderful things that come from the value of wisdom in the book of Proverbs.
SPEAKER_00: And also, of course, what we do on stage on Sundays from the sermons, that's our adult small group, conversation guides. Our student ministry talks about it on Wednesday night at Converge. And of course, down in the children's world, even down at the preschool, we're all doing the same lesson. So, Miss Sherry, what are we doing down in Blast Junior?
SPEAKER_02: We just pulled out some of the main key points each week. So we're going to be talking about things such as wisdom, love, kindness, just listening and being humble.
SPEAKER_00: So this book is a letter really written from a father to a son about how to gain wisdom. Now, King Solomon wrote the majority of this, and you guys know King Solomon had a thousand wives, right? Did you know that? Yes. No, I did not. And you know, that's good and bad, maybe, but you know, one thing bad about that, that means he also had a thousand mother-in-laws. Oh, I'm sorry, Grammy, if you're listening. I didn't mean to say that out loud. I've got a great mother-in-law. Hopefully, you guys do too, there, if you're married. You do you guys know where uh Solomon, you know, he built the temple? Do you know where Solomon's temple is? Do you know where it's located? Yes. It's right here on his head. It's on his head, guys. You know what? They don't get any better. Let's keep moving. Hey, we do have a few special events coming up in the kid. Well, we want to let you know about. So I know we've got the store here coming up on the 29th. Alana, tell me a little about the mega store.
SPEAKER_01: Absolutely. So our blast megastore is like Pastor Tommy said, on August 29th, during our second hour of blast. You have the opportunity to learn mega verses and quote big chunks of scripture to say them and earn points. So we bought tons of cool prizes, games, and toys that you can win. So parents, make sure that you are practicing those mega verses with your kids so that way they can earn points and spend them at our megastore the last Sunday in August.
SPEAKER_00: Miss Cherry, we got a mega passage scripture verse for this series. Do you know which one that is? Um, Proverbs Chapter 3, 5 through 8. Can you say it? Trust in the Lord.
SPEAKER_02: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not upon your own understanding.
SPEAKER_00: In all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make your pass straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes, but fear the Lord and shun evil.
SPEAKER_01: This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
SPEAKER_00: There we go. Way to represent the kid well down there. How you know, speaking of wisdom, one way that you can actually help yourself to make better decisions is to memorize scripture. So parents want to encourage you. If you haven't started that yet with your children in the blast world, when you come there to check-in table, you can quote verses right there. If your kid quotes them, they get five points. If you quote them, you double their points, all right? So help your children make some good choices. One way we can do that's by knowing God's word. A few other things coming up here in the future here. I know we've got uh Good News Club starting back. When's that start back? Yes, sir.
SPEAKER_01: September 13th, that Monday, Good News Club is starting back, and it will be here on Celebrations Campus. And it's on Mondays from 3 o'clock to 4 30.
SPEAKER_00: Sherry, anything in the preschool world coming up we need to know about? We've got Joy started back.
SPEAKER_02: Yes, Joy in the morning started back this Thursday, um, right after school started. Um, and that's from 9 to 12 over in the groups building.
SPEAKER_00: And anybody can come to that. Just show up and go, need to sign up.
SPEAKER_02: Correct. Nope. Anybody can come and join.
SPEAKER_00: And of course, as always, if you want all the info, please download our church app. All our info is on there. Groups started, Wednesday nights have started back. You know, school started this week, so hopefully everybody's getting back in the groove, kind of back to school, back to church. So if you haven't been, haven't been in a while, we'd love to see you. Uh, come back and join us for Blast Blast Junior Wednesday night. And for the next several weeks, like we said, we're working on this series from Proverbs called Foolproof about making good decisions. So, have you guys been making good decisions?
SPEAKER_02: Trying.
SPEAKER_00: Yeah. You think so? Well, thanks for joining us today, and hopefully you guys will hope to see you soon at church and hope all of us to make good decisions and do our best to honor God with the choices that we make. See you next time on the Parent Podcast. Bye.