SPEAKER_02: What wondrous love is there all my soul, all my soul, what wondrous love is there, all my soul.
SPEAKER_08: Bless the Lord who forgives all our sin. Amen. Let's pray together. Almighty God to you all the heart.
SPEAKER_12: And from you the secret. By the inspiration of your Holy Spirit. And we may perfectly love you and find your name through Christ our Lord. Amen.
SPEAKER_08: The Lord be with you.
SPEAKER_09: And also with you.
SPEAKER_08: Let us pray. Almighty Father, whose dear son, on the night before he suffered, instituted the sacrament of his body and blood. Mercifully grant that we may receive it thankfully in remembrance of Jesus Christ our Lord, who in these holy mysteries gives us a pledge of eternal life, who now lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.
SPEAKER_10: Amen.
SPEAKER_01: It shall be the first month of the year for you. Tell the whole congregation of Israel that on the tenth of this month they are to take a lamb for each family, a lamb for each household. If a household is too small for a whole lamb, it shall join its closest neighbor in obtaining one. The lamb shall be divided in proportion to the number of people who eat of it. Your lamb shall be without blemish. A year old male. You may take it from the sheep or from the goats. You shall keep it until the fourteenth day of this month. Then the whole assembled congregation of Israel shall slaughter it at twilight. They shall take some of the blood and put it on the two doorstops and the lintel of the houses in which they eat it. They shall eat the lamb that same night. They shall eat it roasted over the fire with unleavened bread and bitter herbs. Do not eat any of it raw or boiled in water, but roast it over the fire with its head, legs, and inner organs. You shall let none of it remain until the morning. Anything that remains until the morning you shall burn. This is how you shall eat it. Your loins girded, your sandals on your feet, your staff in your hand, and you shall eat it hurriedly. It is the Passover of the Lord. For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike down every firstborn in the land of Egypt, both human beings and animals. On all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment. I am the Lord. The blood shall be assigned for you on the houses where you live. When I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague shall destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt. Hear what the Spirit is saying to God's people.
SPEAKER_12: Thanks be to God.
SPEAKER_01: I love the Lord because the Lord has heard the voice of my supplication.
SPEAKER_12: And incline an ear to me whenever I cry out.
SPEAKER_01: How shall I repay you, O Lord?
SPEAKER_12: For all the good things you have done for me.
SPEAKER_01: I will lift up the cup of salvation and call upon the name of the Lord. I will fulfill my vows to the Lord.
SPEAKER_12: In the presence of all the general people.
SPEAKER_01: Precious in your sight, O Lord.
SPEAKER_12: In the death of your servants.
SPEAKER_01: O Lord, I am your servant.
SPEAKER_12: I am your servant as a child of command. You free me from my bones.
SPEAKER_01: I will offer you the sacrifice of thanksgiving.
SPEAKER_12: And fall upon the name of the Lord.
SPEAKER_01: I will fulfill my vows to the Lord.
SPEAKER_12: In the presence of all the people, in the courts of the Lord's house. In the midst of you, O Jerusalem.
SPEAKER_08: But the Lord Jesus, on the night when he was betrayed, took a loaf of bread. And when he given thanks, he broke it and said, This is my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me. In the same way he took the cup also after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this as oft as you drink it in remembrance of me. For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. Hear what the Spirit is saying to God's people.
SPEAKER_12: Thanks be to God.
SPEAKER_08: On the first day of unleavened bread, the disciples came to Jesus saying, Where do you want us to make the preparations for you to eat the Passover? Jesus said, Go into the city to a certain man and say to him, The teacher says, My time is near. I will keep the Passover at your house with my disciples. So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them, and they prepared the Passover meal. When it was evening, he took his place with the twelve, and while they were eating, he said, Truly I tell you, one of you will betray me. And they became greatly distressed and began to say to him one after another, Surely not I, Lord. He answered, The one who has dipped his hand into the bowl with me will betray me. The Son of Man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that one by whom the Son of Man is betrayed. It would have been better for that one not to have been born. Judas, who betrayed him, said, Surely not I, Rabbi, Jesus replied, You have said so. While they were eating, Jesus took a loaf of bread, and after blessing it he broke it, gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat. This is my body. Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks, he gave it to them, saying, Drink from it all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I will never drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it with you in my Father's kingdom. The gospel of the Lord. In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen. Please be seated. This is one of those days that is sort of filled with holiness. Often we cram the foot washing uh into uh the Eucharist. Tonight we split them. I don't know if that was the right thing to do or not, but here we are to talk about the imposition of the Lord's Supper or the Eucharist. And um, I want to start at the beginning, if you don't mind. Well, you're here. If you mind, uh you can protest. Um something we don't often realize is that uh what we have here has its basis in every Jewish home every Friday night for thousands of years. Thousands. There are two candles on the table, and it would be the practice that the oldest Jewish woman in the room would light these candles with a song. We're going to have a silver cup that our Jewish brothers and sisters call the kiddish, and that is passed around the table every Friday night. There is wine in it. It is a symbol in the in the Hebrew scriptures of joy. Not of alcohol, of joy. And so it is common practice that as that kiddish is passed around the Shabbat table, that each person might say something that they are grateful for or something that they have truly enjoyed during the week. And then, of course, there's always the loaf of bread. This is the for the children to bless. I forgot to mention the oldest man in the room blesses the cup, the kiddish, and it is the children that bless the bread, and maybe you've seen it. Typically, it is chala, which is a braided strand, right? Represents many being one community. The children bless it and they eat it. Not so during Passover, of course, and many of you know the story. In order to prepare for Passover, this is still practiced today. We often forget the setting. The Hebrew people have been slaves for a few generations. And this is the night where they're gonna go free. And they're gonna take all their stuff with them. And they're gonna walk a really long time. A really long time. And their deliverance is gonna be so sudden that there's no time for the bread to rise. Remember, there's no Fleischmann's yeast, there's no red star. It comes from the air, it comes from sourdough, there's no time. So they bake it before. Look, it's not yeast-free. They bake it before it has time to rise, so it's flat. I don't know if you notice this. They eat standing up, and they eat quickly. And they eat this lamb in a way that not even a Cajun person would eat. I mean, Cajuns will eat about anything. So you notice the organs and entrails are inside. There's not even time to gut the lamb. That's gonna be really gross. I just want to make sure you know that's gonna be a not a tasty meal. And one of the things we fundamentally misunderstand is that we think Jesus is the Passover lamb, so he must be a sacrifice for sin. And friends, that is not at all what our Jewish brothers and sisters understand at the Passover meal. The sin offering happens on Yom Kippur, and it is only done by the high priest. If you've read these instructions, every family kills their own lamb. This is no sacrifice to God. This is a sacrifice of an animal. They are giving up the life of a lamb that could otherwise provide them years' worth of wool and milk. They are foregoing economics because they need the calories. This is the bottom line. The Paschal lamb is not a sacrifice for sin, it is food for the journey. Well, why would they put the blood on the door? If you know anything about kosher food laws, our Jewish brothers and sisters are forbidden from eating the blood of any animal. In fact, kosher meat has not just been drained, it has been salted one, two, three times to wring all of the blood out. And that is because in the Hebrew Bible and frankly throughout the New Testament, blood is a symbol for life. You can eat the animal, but you do not own its life. You return the life force to the animal, the qi of the animal, you return it to God by pouring it to the earth. In this case, you show God, I didn't eat the life. The life is yours, God. I bear testimony, it is not my life, it is yours. This is a different frame I put it before you on what happens at this meal with the disciples. Jesus does not tell him, I am your sin offering. He says, You need energy. You need energy for the journey out of bondage, and it starts now. It starts now. Jesus does something pretty dramatic. He confuses his disciples. This bread is my body, my life force. Given to build yourself. This wine is my qi. Drink down the qi of Jesus so that you have energy for the journey out of bondage and to help one another find the liberation God intends. This is what we're going to receive. Sometimes we get so fixated on the words we forget that they point to something deeper than themselves. Now I tell our kids every year when we do chapel, we eat bread to give our body energy. What we do here is we say, God, there are parts of our body we don't see. They are invisible to the eye. You can call that emotions or thoughts, you can call that your spirit. Lord, we could use some holy energy on those parts. For this reason, we return. Maybe you've noticed in the instructions to Moses that the lamb offered must be blemish-free. That is to say, when you make a sacrifice, don't give cheaply. But I ran into a poem this week, and this line caught me. I don't know what you're here to do tonight. I don't know what your need is. But I hope you will sacrifice your idea of what is perfect so that you can live life on its own terms. This I suggest is what God would have you put on the altar. Your notions of being perfect or being good enough. Sacrifice those to God so that you can be who God made you to be, which is fine and perfect as it is against all of its faults. This is a poem by Jared Manley Hopkins called Pied Beauty. Glory be to God for dappled things, for skies of couple color as a brindled cow, for rose moles all in stipple upon trout that swim. Fresh fire coal, chestnut falls, finches wings, landscape plotted in peace fold, fallow and plough, and all traits, their gear and tackle and trim. All things counter original, spare, strange. Whatever is fickle, freckled, who knows how. With swift, slow, sweet, sour, a dazzled dim, God fathers forth whose beauty is past change. Praise God. Even as we dine at the Lord's table, I offer to you to put on the Lord's altar. Standards you were never meant to live up to in the first place. To accept the beauty that lies in the mirror instead of the airbrushed beauty top of the magazine. Sacrifice the magazine so that you can worship what God has made. That you live in. You will need energy for that journey. That is what we are here to do. Receive energy from God's table. Sometimes we think when we hear this story, Jesus is calling Judas out. The one who's going to betray me is at the table. The truth is, all 12 of them betrayed him. I've read the story, you have too. They all run away. There's no one. And here's the highlight of the story. Jesus knows this somehow. He doesn't scold them. He doesn't say, you're not good enough for me to wash your feet. No, precisely because you're going to betray me, that's why I will wash your feet. And that's why I will share my life force with you because you will need it when you are done. You will need it so when the pieces are broken, you will have the energy to put them back together. This is the invitation to the disciples. And what a wonder it is, it's something as ordinary as bread and wine. And keep in mind that in the time of Jesus, the average diet, 90% of your calories was a two-pound loaf of bread every day. 90%. Yeah, maybe water wasn't as clean, so do hear that another part of your nutrition was wine. Think not of a fine Bordeaux. Those did not exist. Think of two buck chuck that's been left in the car in Houston. That's what people drank. They drank it for the nutrients. They drank it for the energy, and they drank it every day. And Jesus says, whenever you eat bread, remember me. That doesn't happen just once a week. Well, maybe you're on like the Atkins diet and you don't eat any bread. But I think what Jesus invites is he's not to be found just, well, once a week or once a quarter in something we do in church. The invitation is when we nourish our bodies, think on how we might nourish those parts of ourselves we cannot see. We decided in the Episcopal Church we were not going to call this the Lord's Supper. We weren't even going to call this communion, which is nice, communion, our common unity. We decided we would call this the Eucharist, which is just a fancy Greek word for thanksgiving. Sometimes we forget. We think only about how we are supposed to be thankful for what God has given us. What we forget is that God is exactly thankful for who you are, regardless of what you do or don't. We forget. Which is why Jesus says, every time you eat, remember my thanksgiving for you. Every time you eat, be nourished with my thanksgiving for you. I don't even know if that is enough for me. I wish I could tie it to my breathing. But that still might not be enough. This is the invitation of the Eucharist. And of course, when we can fully accept God's gratefulness and thankfulness for who we are, then we can start to return thanks. But I suggest to you, until we are grateful for who God has made us, our thanksgiving is hollow. This energy is invited to take us somewhere. And I know I've told you this story before if you've been here in years past, but I probably will never get rid of this memory. When I was in seminary, we were assigned supervised ministry. We called it SM for short. And my supervised ministry, my first year at Emory in Atlanta, was to be a chaplain at a drug rehab facility for homeless black crack addicts. It was called the Carpenter's House. I was 21. Of course, I was maybe even whiter than I am now. I don't know. I had never seen or used drugs in my life. And I was invited to be this chaplain to these homeless men. I asked the director, what does our chaplain see? What are we supposed to do? The director said, I would hate to compromise your ministry by telling you what I expect. Thank God I just kept my mouth shut. Maybe for the only time in my life. I listened as these men told stories of their rock bottom. This is the first step in NA. Their rock bottom. My rock bottom was getting a B minus. I sat and listened to somebody who had a gun pulled on them in the presence of their girlfriend and children and a Kentucky fried chicken. The drug dealer tried to shoot them. The gun misfired. They left. They left their girlfriend and their kids behind. They fled. That was not their rock bottom. They had a chapel service because this was face-based. What do you say to those men? But I heard them say this was their song. This was their theme song. They sang it every time in chapel. It's a hymn by Fanny Crosby, maybe you know it. Pass me not.
SPEAKER_06: Pass me not, oh gentle save you. Hear my humble cry while on others you are calling do not pass me by save you save you my hums you who are calling do not pass me by.
SPEAKER_08: Telling stories that made me shudder that were not even their rock bottom. There was a visceral field that they had been passed by. Part I think of the tritot and the invitation to these holy mysteries is that there have been enough Passovers. There have been enough people passed over because they didn't have a sponsor. Because they didn't have what I have, a family with resources who would not allow me into the gutter. If that's where I was veering. We hear this story of the Salvific Passover, and we are also salvifically called to stop the Passovers for people who have no one behind them. I don't know of any of these stuff for you, but what I do know is that in all of them I hear the need for energy I don't have. Energy that comes, frankly, from the life force of Jesus. That comes from God's thanksgiving for dappled things. To see the beauty of God and dappled things. And to give thanks. And then to protect the beauty of the dappled things. I hear that as a holy mystery tonight. So whether you have been passed over or you are called to stand aside those who have been passed over. May the body of Jesus build you up. May the life force of Jesus fill you. Not only with life, but with energy to give life. Somehow. Even in the moment of betrayal or pain, perhaps we the church can do what Jesus did on this night with a group of twelve people who didn't like each other and got them to sit down at the same table. Maybe that would be enough. I know God would be grateful for it. Please join me as we pray our faith in the words of the Nicene Creed.
SPEAKER_12: We believe in one God, the Father of the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God begotten, life common, through God, begotten, upon being with the Father, through all the head, for us and for heaven, on the holy spiritual, you can come and put it on the head. On the third, in the word is the head, and speak that to the father. You accomplish the word, and speak of health. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord in Border Father, the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son, we have to worship and glorified. We have worshiped to the prophets. We believe in one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the freedom of the sin. We look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world of God. Amen.
SPEAKER_00: We pray for God to fill us with the Holy Spirit. Generous God, we thank you for your power to create discomfort and wrestling within us. We ask that you disturb us so that we may be stretched to serve you and our neighbors better. When we are too well pleased with ourselves, when our dreams have come true because we dream too little, when we arrive safely because we sail too close to the shore. When the abundance of things we possess, we have lost our thirst for the waters of life. Having fallen in love with life, we have ceased to dream of eternity. In our efforts to build a new earth, we have allowed our vision of the new heaven to dim. Deserve us, Lord, to dare more boldly, to venture on wider seas where storms will show your mastery, where losing sight of land we shall find the stars. We ask that you push back the horizons of our hopes and to push us forward with strength, courage, hope, and love. This is our Lord, so that while we are in health, we may be steadfast in prayer for the healing of others, especially for the celebrations and petitions of this parished family. May we not only pray for the sick among us, but also give them the gifts of personal contact and visits. When we strive to be anything less than agents of reconciliation and wholeness in a world where there is division, sickness, and sorrow.
SPEAKER_12: Until we be others and each be them, until we become the precious error.
SPEAKER_10: Until we all have to love.
SPEAKER_08: Let us humbly confess our sin unto Almighty God.
SPEAKER_12: Holy God, creator of all the earth, don't worry, don't you? We have to be allowed to go. For fear and our heart and for fear we need to protect God. You call us to protect our heart. To be over to each other, to all us with each other and with you. Mend us we pray and make us do creates the power and love of Christ. And in whose name we pray.
SPEAKER_08: Amen. Friends, hear this good news. The love and thanksgiving of God is beyond measure, and you are included in that love. I know that you are forgiven. And thus free to love and serve. Good evening, Pete, and thank you for worshiping with us this evening. Um you're holding in your hand a pretty substantial booklet. Uh that's intentional because these three holy days we call the triduum, they're not actually meant to be separate. They really go together. And so uh, if we were running a relay series, this would be your first medal. And there's another one to be had tomorrow, and then there's another one Saturday, and then on Sunday you get the one that ties them all together at the vigil. Now, uh, a little bit uh just aside, but to be honest, the story really only works when we hold it all together. So opportunities to join that story at home through stream or here in person tomorrow at noon, and at six we'll have the um the Good Friday Liturgy. And uh you may know this, there are two days in the Episcopal Church where the Eucharist cannot be celebrated. Cannot. Tomorrow and Saturday. Hence I'm going to consecrate way more than we need so that you can receive reserved sacrament tomorrow. I do perceive it to be a dark day. And on dark days especially, holy energy could really come in handy. So I make it available tomorrow. On Saturday, it's morning prayer, and many of us don't uh necessarily do this, but uh, having lived in Germany and Bavaria, this is actually the holiest day of the year, holy Saturday, uh, even more so than Easter. It is a day when Jesus is in the tomb. You decide what he's doing. I'll speak to that briefly. Um, but it's a morning prayer, and we'll be also uh nourished by the reserved sacrament. On Sunday, of course, we have a few opportunities for worship. At 6:30 in the morning, we'll start outside, we kindle a new fire, and we come in in the darkness uh with candles, and uh we do the readings with candles. I mean, you're gonna be holding a candle for a little bit. I just want you to be prepared. Uh, that is part of the beauty of the service, to be honest. It is absolutely gorgeous, and there is no service like it. And then as the sun becomes uh apparent outside the windows, the clearbook drumline will play something like the great noise, which simulates the earthquake. And the space will be transformed. Uh, you'll have an opportunity to renew your baptismal vows. And look, there's no magic in the water, there isn't. Um, but if it helps you remember God's love for you, I'll invite you up and I'll splash you. So um, you won't need goggles, but you might need water-resistant mascara if you choose to wear that. Uh that'll be on Sunday morning at 6.30 when we do the vigil. It is a longer service because we hear a few extra readings. I just want you to be prepared, but there is no service like it. There truly is not. Um, and then of course at 8:30 and 10:30, we'll have something that appears like our more regular Sunday services. Uh, there will be baptisms at 10.30 at least, and um I will do them on the spot. So if this is a thing that you feel called to do, you can tell me in advance, or you can just come to the font. Um, but this is what we are looking at the next few days. I hope that you will indeed uh take time to make them holy. And I want to say this uh because I think so often, depending on the way you've grown up, we might approach these holy mysteries with a sense of guilt or shame. And as your priest, I would discourage you from doing this. Shame and guilt take us nowhere with God. If you need something, then let it be gratitude and empathy. Gratitude and empathy are our invitations. Those are the holiest mysteries. I find nothing holy or mysterious about shame. Gratitude and empathy are gifts from God. In a few minutes after celebrating the Eucharist, just so you know, this isn't an accident. It's going to get dark. Because we know that even though Jesus had this meal with his friends on his way to the garden to pray, we know that one of his friends handed him over. This is dark. It will be dark. And everything will come out of here. And it will stay this way until the Easter vigil, so that we can live into that story. And truth be told, this is a story we've all walked. This is not just a story that Jesus did one time ago. We know what it is like both to betray and to be betrayed. And we understand that those moments are not moments when we're alone from God. Precisely we connect to the story God on there, God goes with us, and tonight we go with God. So walk in love. As Christ first loved us, he gave himself for us, an offering and sacrifice to God.
SPEAKER_10: And of your own happy given.
SPEAKER_06: Were you blessed?
SPEAKER_02: Sit. Tranquil.
SPEAKER_08: This is the table not of the church, but of Jesus Christ. It is made ready for those who love him and those who want to love him more, so come. You who have much faith and you who have little. You who have been here often and you who have not been for a long time or ever before. You who have tried to follow and you who have failed, come. Not because the church invites you, it is Christ. And he invites you to meet him here. Our service continues on page three hundred and sixty-four of your red prayer book. Well, that's not right. Three hundred and sixty-one.
SPEAKER_06: Let us give thanks to the who it is right.
SPEAKER_08: And a good and joyful thing always and everywhere to give thanks to you, Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, through Jesus Christ our Lord. For our sins he was lifted high upon the cross that he might draw the whole world to himself. And by his suffering and death he became the source of eternal salvation for all who put their trust in him. Therefore, we praise you, joining our voices with angels and archangels and with all the company of heaven who forever sing this hymn to proclaim the glory of your name. To reconcile us to you, the God and Father of all. This is my body, all that I am, which is given to build you up. Whenever you eat bread, remember me. After supper, Jesus took the cup of wine. And when he given thanks to God, he gave it to them and said, Drink this, all of you. This is my blood, my life force, given to nourish your own. Whenever you drink wine, remember me. Therefore, we proclaim the mystery of faith.
SPEAKER_04: Christ is risen, Christ is come up again.
SPEAKER_08: We celebrate the memorial of our redemption, O Father, in this sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving. Recalling his death, resurrection, and ascension, we offer to you these gifts. Sanctify them by your Holy Spirit to be for your people, the body and blood of your Son, the holy food and drink of new and an ending life in Him. Sanctify us also that we may faithfully receive this holy sacrament and serve you in unity and constancy and peace. And at the last day, bring us with all your saints into the joy of your eternal kingdom. And all this we ask through your Son, Jesus Christ. By him and with him and in him, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, all honor and glory is yours, Almighty Father, now and forever. Amen.
SPEAKER_12: Now, as our Savior Christ hath taught us, we are bold to pray, Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed in thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us the sinner, and forgive us our trespasses, as he those who trespass against us, and leave us in salvation for the deliverance of evil, for the deliverance of the kingdom, for the power and the glory forever and ever.
SPEAKER_08: Feed on him in your hearts by faith with thanksgiving.
SPEAKER_12: Almighty and ever living God, we thank you for being used with the food of the most precious body and blood, of your Son, our Savior Jesus Christ, and for returning us to the Lord. Welcome to the winter of the body of your son, and heirs of your eternal kingdom. And now, Father, to do the work you have given us to do, to the love and serve you as evil witnesses of Christ our Lord, to kingdom to you and to the Holy Spirit, the honor, now and forever. Amen.
SPEAKER_02: Were you sold in with something to tremble, tremble, tremble, Almighty God, we pray you graciously to behold this your family, for whom our Lord Jesus Christ was willing to be betrayed, given into the hands of sinners and suffer death upon the cross, who lives and reigns forever and ever.
SPEAKER_08: Amen.
SPEAKER_11: Oh my God, I cry in the daytime, but you do not answer my night as well, but I find no rest.
SPEAKER_03: Yet you are the only one and from the praises of Israel.
SPEAKER_11: They cried out to you and were delivered. What has torn me I am a woman and no man scorned by all and despised by the people? All whose deep he left me to scorn The girl lives and wagons. He trusted in the Lord and deliver him.
SPEAKER_03: Let him rescue him if he delighted him. Yet you are he who took me out of home and kept me safe upon my mother's breast.
SPEAKER_11: I have been entrusted to you ever since I was born.
SPEAKER_03: You were I held when I still in my mother's womb.
SPEAKER_11: Be not far from me for trouble is dear, and there is none to help. Many apples encircle me.
SPEAKER_03: Strong walls of blush junce around me. They open wide their jaws at me like a ravening and a roaring lion.
SPEAKER_11: I am one and like water. All my bones are out of joy.
SPEAKER_03: My heart within my breast is as melting last.
SPEAKER_11: My mouth is dried out like a hot tread. My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth.
SPEAKER_03: And you have laid me in the dust of the grave.
SPEAKER_11: Hearts of dust close me in, and handsome evil doors circle around me.
SPEAKER_03: They pierce my hands and my feet. I can count on my bones. Among them, they cast lots for my clothing.
SPEAKER_11: Be not far away, O Lord.
SPEAKER_03: You are my strength, hasten to help me. Save me from the sword, my life from the power of the dog.
SPEAKER_11: Save me from the lion's dog.
SPEAKER_03: My wretched body from the horns of wild wolves.
SPEAKER_11: I will declare your name to my brother.
SPEAKER_03: In the midst of the congregation I will praise you.
SPEAKER_11: Praise the Lord you that fear him. For he does not despise nor poor the poor in their poverty, neither does he hide his face from them.
SPEAKER_03: But when they cry to him who hears them, my praise is of him in the bridge understanding. I will perform my vows in the presence of those who worship him.
SPEAKER_11: The Lord shall eat and be satisfied and just seek the Lord shall bring him.
SPEAKER_03: May your heart live forever.
SPEAKER_11: All the hands of the earth shall remember and turn to the Lord.
SPEAKER_03: And all the families of the nations shall bow before him.
SPEAKER_11: For kingship belongs to the Lord.
SPEAKER_03: He rules over the nations.
SPEAKER_11: To him alone sleep with the earth, bow down in worship.
SPEAKER_03: All who go down to the dust fall before him.
SPEAKER_11: My soul shall live for him, my descendants shall serve him.
SPEAKER_03: They shall be known as the Lord's forever.
SPEAKER_11: They shall come and make known to a people yet unborn.